Cleveland Cavalier fans...shut the fuck up already

So Church, I want to address something. I can tell you're a fan that feels stabbed in the back, but you need to realize LeBron isn't most players in the NBA. People wanted to know what he was going to do and wanted him to explain his decision. If had just went across the ticker he still would have held a press conference afterwards to talk about it. LeBron James is one of the most talented players in the NBA, and could be one of the most talented players ever, to say otherwise is just asnine, and to think him signing with the Heat wouldn't bring a huge press conference afterwards like The Decision is just false aswell.

So Church, I want to address something. I can tell you're a fan that feels stabbed in the back, but you need to realize LeBron isn't most players in the NBA. People wanted to know what he was going to do and wanted him to explain his decision. If had just went across the ticker he still would have held a press conference afterwards to talk about it. LeBron James is one of the most talented players in the NBA, and could be one of the most talented players ever, to say otherwise is just asnine, and to think him signing with the Heat wouldn't bring a huge press conference afterwards like The Decision is just false aswell.

I don't feel stabbed in the back at all.

Get this much straight: I am not now a Cavs fan, nor was I ever while Lebron played for them. I went to many Cavs games while he played there... But it was always to see/cheer-on who he played against: Kobe, Tony Parker, & I think I even saw a Celtics game or 2. I used to love the Cavs, when they were a team. (Used to have a Marc Price jersey in my collection.) But I had stopped being a fan a while before any talk about him ever circulated around here.

TJ. Please stop embarrassing yourself. You have said two things in this thread that could not be any more wrong.

1. You say LeBron coming to Cleveland had nothing to do with attendance. How does that make any sense? Before LeBron their attendance sucked. With him it was through the roof. His jersey sales were through the roof and you are completely delusional if you think people in Cleveland were coming to games for any other reason then to watch LeBron lead the Cavs.

2. How the fuck can you say LeBron lacks talent? The guy is easily the most talented player in the NBA. 2 time MVP, 4 time all NBA first team, 2 time all NBA defensive team. He has averaged at least 27.2 ppg, 6.7 rpg, and 6 apg since his second year in the league.

It's obvious you don't like LeBron as a person but to make these outlandish statements proves nothing other then the fact that you are a fool.

1. You say LeBron coming to Cleveland had nothing to do with attendance. How does that make any sense?

I agree it doesn't, but it's also not what I said. What I said was, "Attendance is great at every Pirates game I go to every year, & when was the last time they got near the playoffs?! People go to see players from the opponents. Likewise, people go to see Lebron b/c they are told he is good, not b/c he actually is."

2. How the fuck can you say LeBron lacks talent?

Also never said; I believe what I said was he's not as good as some claim him to be.

The guy is easily the most talented player in the NBA. 2 time MVP, 4 time all NBA first team, 2 time all NBA defensive team.

Each of which also must take into account the talent (or lack thereof) of other players in the league. Last I checked, he never had to play in the NBA when a player such as Jordan was also there.

It's obvious you don't like LeBron as a person but to make these outlandish statements proves nothing other then the fact that you are a fool.

I have nothing against him as a person, so that can't be obvious... Then again, it is obvious that you (& many others) seem to misunderstand much of what I said.

I agree it doesn't, but it's also not what I said. What I said was, "Attendance is great at every Pirates game I go to every year, & when was the last time they got near the playoffs?! People go to see players from the opponents. Likewise, people go to see Lebron b/c they are told he is good, not b/c he actually is."

The Pirates current ball park holds over 38,000 people. Their average attendance has been under 24,000 every single year since 2002. I'm not sure what games you are going to but on average the team isn't exactly putting butts in the seats.

Also never said; I believe what I said was he's not as good as some claim him to be.

Regardless of talent (which he largely lacks), people boo Lebron b/c he sucks.

Nope. Your exact words as you can see above are that he largely lacks talent. Try again.
Each of which also must take into account the talent (or lack thereof) of other players in the league. Last I checked, he never had to play in the NBA when a player such as Jordan was also there.

So now you're saying that the talent in the NBA as a whole isn't very good? Kobe, LeBron, Durant, Wade, Howard, CP3, Steve Nash, Melo, Pierce, Garnett, Rose, I can go on for hours. The NBA talent pool has been fantastic since LeBron has been in the league. Just because he never played against the greatest player of all time doesn't mean his accomplishments are null and void or any less impressive then the accomplishments of anyone else. Jordan, as great as he was, was just one player on one team. An argument can easily be made that the talent pool as a whole nowadays is better then it has ever been.

I have nothing against him as a person, so that can't be obvious... Then again, it is obvious that you (& many others) seem to misunderstand much of what I said.

No, what you're saying just happens to be filled with stupidity and falsity. For the sake of the mentally capable in the Sports Stadium. Go away.

Reactions: gd
The Pirates current ball park holds over 38,000 people. Their average attendance has been under 24,000 every single year since 2002. I'm not sure what games you are going to but on average the team isn't exactly putting butts in the seats.

I didn't say it was a sellout. Besides, what the Cavs & Pirates have in common is it's mainly because of the opponents. Try to stay on-topic.

Nope. Your exact words as you can see above are that he largely lacks talent. Try again.

Learn the word. You "largely" lack intelligence. You can operate a computer, but not understand much of what is said/typed.

So now you're saying that the talent in the NBA as a whole isn't very good? Kobe, LeBron, Durant, Wade, Howard, CP3, Steve Nash, Melo, Pierce, Garnett, Rose, I can go on for hours.

Go ahead... To yourself. You won't misunderstand you.

Jordan, as great as he was, was just one player on one team.

Last I checked, Lebron wasn't twins.

No, what you're saying just happens to be filled with stupidity and falsity. For the sake of the mentally capable in the Sports Stadium. Go away.

For the sake of the human race, learn what words mean before you use them.

I didn't say it was a sellout. Besides, what the Cavs & Pirates have in common is it's mainly because of the opponents. Try to stay on-topic.

You said attendance was great at Pirates game when in reality it is absolutely horrible. The Cavs and Pirates have nothing in common. The Pirates have shit attendance. The Cavs with LeBron James had great attendance and it wasn't because of who the team was facing, it was because of LeBron James. The Cavs had just as many games against shit teams as they did against good teams. Who exactly were the fans coming to see when they'd face the Nets, Pacers, Clippers, or any other shit team from the past few years? That's right it didn't matter who they played because the fans wanted to see LeBron.

Learn the word. You "largely" lack intelligence. You can operate a computer, but not understand much of what is said/typed.

The fuck are you talking about? I just repeated what you had already said. You said he lacks talent and said he sucks. That is 100% false.

Last I checked, Lebron wasn't twins.

Who the fuck said he was? LeBron like everyone else is just one player on one team. LeBron just happens to be the most talented player in the league and a top two best player overall. You said the other players in the league lack talent and he never played against Jordan but not playing against one guy really doesn't mean much and doesn't negatively affect your accomplishments. It's all about talent as a whole in the league and right now it is just as good if not better then in the past.

Go ahead... To yourself. You won't misunderstand you.

For the sake of the human race, learn what words mean before you use them.

Ahh, horrible insults as a response to my arguments. It's like music to my ears. It means you cannot intelligently debate what I have to say. I insult a lot but while I insult I also make sure to respond to and refute every argument. You are failing to do so.

You said attendance was great at Pirates game when in reality it is absolutely horrible.

It's not horrible, & you're again overstating how "great" I said it was.

The Cavs with LeBron James had great attendance and it wasn't because of who the team was facing, it was because of LeBron James.

That is simply an unproven opinion.

The Cavs had just as many games against shit teams as they did against good teams. Who exactly were the fans coming to see when they'd face the Nets, Pacers, Clippers, or any other shit team from the past few years? That's right it didn't matter who they played because the fans wanted to see LeBron.

They wanted to see him, as I said before, b/c they heard he was good, not because of the actual situation.

The fuck are you talking about? I just repeated what you had already said. You said he lacks talent and said he sucks. That is 100% false.

I said he lacks it "largely", not "completely". Never aid he completely sucked.

LeBron like everyone else is just one player on one team. LeBron just happens to be the most talented player in the league and a top two best player overall.

Moe stating of opinion, not fact.

You said the other players in the league lack talent and he never played against Jordan but not playing against one guy really doesn't mean much and doesn't negatively affect your accomplishments. It's all about talent as a whole in the league and right now it is just as good if not better then in the past.

Glad to see what YOU THINK.

Ahh, horrible insults as a response to my arguments. It's like music to my ears. It means you cannot intelligently debate what I have to say. I insult a lot but while I insult I also make sure to respond to and refute every argument. You are failing to do so.

You "refute" what I say after you misunderstand & misconstrue what I say to mean something else. You "refute" by stating your opinions as though they are facts. Then, you have the ironic sense to call me mentally-incapable.

It's not horrible, & you're again overstating how "great" I said it was.

Lol, you are the one who used the word great and the word great belongs no where near the Pirates attendance number. Their average attendance is well below the league average. How is that anywhere near great?

That is simply an unproven opinion.

Yeah, let's just forget all of the number 23 jerseys and all of the MVP chants :rolleyes:

They wanted to see him, as I said before, b/c they heard he was good, not because of the actual situation.

If they heard he was good and then came to see him and weren't impressed then they wouldn't come back. The Cavs had 7 great years of attendance and it was because of returning, satisfied customers.

I said he lacks it "largely", not "completely". Never aid he completely sucked.

I never made the suggestion that you did say he completely lacks talent. The fact you think he even largely lacks it is absolutely laughable.

Moe stating of opinion, not fact.

My opinion just happens to be shared by almost every credible basketball analyst and by some of the greatest players to ever play the game. Yours is shared by... well, you.

You "refute" what I say after you misunderstand & misconstrue what I say to mean something else. You "refute" by stating your opinions as though they are facts. Then, you have the ironic sense to call me mentally-incapable.

I haven't misunderstood anything. I have taken directly what you are saying and refuted it. It's not my fault you keep changing things you already said and then blame me for it.

Lol, you are the one who used the word great and the word great belongs no where near the Pirates attendance number. Their average attendance is well below the league average. How is that anywhere near great?

The same way Lebron is... In a person's mind. (If you ask me, Pirates' attendance is great, as you don't have to worry about people blocking your view, filling the bathroom, etc.)

Yeah, let's just forget all of the number 23 jerseys and all of the MVP chants :rolleyes:

I know I did... Much the same way I never booed the man when he was announced in a lineup for a game I attended. (I kept my opinions & thoughts quiet when I knew they were unpopular & risked negative action/reaction.)

If they heard he was good and then came to see him and weren't impressed then they wouldn't come back. The Cavs had 7 great years of attendance and it was because of returning, satisfied customers.[/quote

Returning, hoping he'd improved.

I never made the suggestion that you did say he completely lacks talent.

No, but you did say I said he lacks talent & that he sucks. I may've said the former, but certainly not the latter.

The fact you think he even largely lacks it is absolutely laughable.

"The fact..." that it's a fact is not laughable.

My opinion just happens to be shared by almost every credible basketball analyst and by some of the greatest players to ever play the game. Yours is shared by... well, you.

And the analyst on ESPN who, minutes ago, said he looks forward to the Cavs winning when the 2 face each other this week... Besides, popular opinion is still solely opinion.

I haven't misunderstood anything. I have taken directly what you are saying and refuted it. It's not my fault you keep changing things you already said and then blame me for it.

I haven't changed anything; I have repeated what I've said, partly b/c you seem to continue having problems understanding it. Then, you continue to claim you've refuted it, when all you do is state the opposite opinion, which refutes nothing.

Do I think he came to them with it mapped-out? No. Do I even think he knew before that day what his choice would be? Not necessarily. But thousands of players re-sign with the same team, or sign with a new team, or get traded, every year,... & No hour specials on any of the literally thousand networks happen.

Yes, yes, the fact that this was unprecedented. No player has ever received attention for his signing/re-signing with a team. ESPN has never chronicled a player who waffles on a decision. They'd never do such a thing...

brett-favre-2.jpg

I remember specifically watching a one hour special for Brett Favre on at least three different occasions, one for his first retirement, the second when he joined the Vikings, and the third this year. All pretty much running the whole "Brett Favre signs" deal right into the ground. Why? Because it moves the ticker. It gets the ratings. It makes advertisers salivate, knowing millions of people will be watching at the moment. The only major difference was that Favre's waffling/ESPN's coverage, for the most part, wasn't in prime time. So yeah, unprecedented my pimply, shapely ass. The fact is, if you move the ratings, and you are of some importance to society, you're going to be put on full display on ESPN. I guarantee you right now that if Derek Jeter had a pin point answer to when he'd sign with a team, ESPN would broadcast it right at Derek's house, complete with the girlfriend, the dog, and all his sired children that have to be running around New York. Face it, ESPN wasn't exactly breaking new ground, we were just foolish enough to watch.

Maybe you, but not me. I knew that no matter if he stayed or left, it would be proverbial front-page news in this town.

And that's all well and good. Allow me to show you just how much that means to an ESPN Exec with this handy dandy chart:

careless.jpg

You see that? That's you, the big old red line. I'm envious. Red's my favorite color. Still, it doesn't really matter if you're not watching, everyone else did. Go look at the numbers for the Decision. I guarantee you it was one of ESPN's highest numbers this year. Period. And it's because ESPN knew that this was going to be so important, they could make money off it should they put it on prime time, and bring the idea to LeBron

And that's all well and good. Allow me to show you just how much that means to an ESPN Exec with this handy dandy chart:

careless.jpg

You see that? That's you, the big old red line. I'm envious. Red's my favorite color. Still, it doesn't really matter if you're not watching, everyone else did. Go look at the numbers for the Decision. I guarantee you it was one of ESPN's highest numbers this year. Period. And it's because ESPN knew that this was going to be so important, they could make money off it should they put it on prime time, and bring the idea to LeBron

What does it matter how many people watched?! That doesn't make what he did, or what the network did, more right or wrong. Regardless, last I checked, this thread was about fans' reactions AFTER his decision.

What does it matter how many people watched?! That doesn't make what he did, or what the network did, more right or wrong. Regardless, last I checked, this thread was about fans' reactions AFTER his decision.

And that's the point. People argue all the time that they're mad with LeBron because of the Decision. Because it reeked of arrogance. Because it was self serving. Everyone blames LeBron for The Decision, and has put the blame squarely on his shoulders. It isn't all his fault; ESPN has just as much a hand in the whole damn ordeal. If LeBron is vain for The Decision, as has been most people's claim regarding the whole damn matter, then ESPN should at least earn some of your scorn. But no, ESPN doesn't see a bit of criticism, and we continue to make them the"Worldwide Leader of Sports".

And that's the point. People argue all the time that they're mad with LeBron because of the Decision. Because it reeked of arrogance. Because it was self serving. Everyone blames LeBron for The Decision, and has put the blame squarely on his shoulders. It isn't all his fault; ESPN has just as much a hand in the whole damn ordeal. If LeBron is vain for The Decision, as has been most people's claim regarding the whole damn matter, then ESPN should at least earn some of your scorn. But no, ESPN doesn't see a bit of criticism, and we continue to make them the"Worldwide Leader of Sports".

I never said I was OK with ESPN's part in it, or with Lebron's. But I don't see what place that has in a thread about how fans reacted to the actual decision.

I never said I was OK with ESPN's part in it, or with Lebron's. But I don't see what place that has in a thread about how fans reacted to the actual decision.

Because, man, fans, at least partially, are reacting to The Decision, because of the entire one hour special. I even pulled up one fan's post, in which he stated at least a slight case of dislike because of LeBron's "Decision" being placed on ESPN. Want me to pull it up again?

He set aside a solid hour of TV to stab Cleveland fans right through the heart. I don't think he meant that much harm by the Decision, but he certainly caused a lot of damage. That just wasn't the way to do it, leaving his hometown team after 7 years without even saying anything to Dan Gilbert or anyone beforehand. Not a smart move.

There. Someone has at least stated that The Decision has skewed people's opnion of Bron-Bron. And believe me, he's not the only one. Plenty of other fans, to the tune of 44%, say they were influenced by LeBron's "Decision" and the fact that he placed it on primetime television. Which, as we come to agree, it would appear, was not merely LeBron's fault. Most fans don't get that, though, and while LeBron has been fed to the wolves, ESPN has skated free.

Again, you're all well and free to disapprove of something if you're a fan. But at least do so for the right reasons

Reactions: gd
Because, man, fans, at least partially, are reacting to The Decision, because of the entire one hour special. I even pulled up one fan's post, in which he stated at least a slight case of dislike because of LeBron's "Decision" being placed on ESPN. Want me to pull it up again?

There. Someone has at least stated that The Decision has skewed people's opnion of Bron-Bron. And believe me, he's not the only one. Plenty of other fans, to the tune of 44%, say they were influenced by LeBron's "Decision" and the fact that he placed it on primetime television. Which, as we come to agree, it would appear, was not merely LeBron's fault. Most fans don't get that, though, and while LeBron has been fed to the wolves, ESPN has skated free.

Again, you're all well and free to disapprove of something if you're a fan. But at least do so for the right reasons

I'm mad about that move, too, though you have to blame both the athlete & the network.

Seems to me we at least agree on it. So attack the others, not me.

The whole LeBron doesn't have talent thing is just silly, stop that. That's the whole reason people are so upset with him, because he's so great. That's why it hurts so much. He had one of the greatest regular season's ever last year and is one of only 2 players in the league putting up 20/5/5 right now. He's fucking good, you can't deny that.

In response to the ESPN thing, I agree. They definitely played a big role in it. But, LeBron still had the power to realize it was a bad idea. Like I said, he didn't deliberately go out there to hurt people, it just turned out that way. It's not entirely his fault, the people advising him deserve some of the blame as well.

Cleveland would've been mad if he left regardless of how it went down, I'm sure. But with the addition of the Decision and the way the team played in the last 3 games against he Celtics, everything has just boiled over into something that is going to be completely insane tomorrow.

The whole LeBron doesn't have talent thing is just silly, stop that. That's the whole reason people are so upset with him, because he's so great. That's why it hurts so much. He had one of the greatest regular season's ever last year and is one of only 2 players in the league putting up 20/5/5 right now. He's fucking good, you can't deny that.

In response to the ESPN thing, I agree. They definitely played a big role in it. But, LeBron still had the power to realize it was a bad idea. Like I said, he didn't deliberately go out there to hurt people, it just turned out that way. It's not entirely his fault, the people advising him deserve some of the blame as well.

Cleveland would've been mad if he left regardless of how it went down, I'm sure. But with the addition of the Decision and the way the team played in the last 3 games against he Celtics, everything has just boiled over into something that is going to be completely insane tomorrow.

1] Cleveland fans are upset b/c someone with his (perceived) talent level left. That means he's better than much of what they'd seen recently, not overall.

2] He had the power, but not the ability... Or knew, & didn't care.

Returning, hoping he'd improved.

Because they can't do that watching TV? Trust me no one pays a decent sum of money to go to a basketball game unless they know there is a great chance they get their money's worth.

No, but you did say I said he lacks talent & that he sucks. I may've said the former, but certainly not the latter.

Yeah, but different boos are for different reasons. Regardless of talent (which he largely lacks), people boo Lebron b/c he sucks. As Seth Meyers said on "Update", he took an hour of TV to say something that takes 5 seconds (or less).

You lose again.

I haven't changed anything; I have repeated what I've said, partly b/c you seem to continue having problems understanding it. Then, you continue to claim you've refuted it, when all you do is state the opposite opinion, which refutes nothing.

My opinion is agreed upon by many people including most credible basketball analysts and former all time greats. LeBron is the most talented player in the league and easily a top 3 best player. That is an opinion I have and I have other credible people and facts to back it up. Your opinion is shared by basically no one and you have no facts to back it up.

1] Cleveland fans are upset b/c someone with his (perceived) talent level left. That means he's better than much of what they'd seen recently, not overall.

I don't know how you can keep claiming that LeBron isn't a great player. Have you watched basketball over the past 7 years? He's arguably the best in the league and is a top 3 player no question. He carried a shitty Cavs team to 60 wins. His talent isn't perceived in anyway, it's real. Please, just stop being a silly goose.

Because they can't do that watching TV? Trust me no one pays a decent sum of money to go to a basketball game unless they know there is a great chance they get their money's worth.

1] People pay for it over seeing on TV for the same reasons they do WWE or lots of other events.

2] I got my money's worth at tons of games... Just not from him.

You lose again.

Well, you can understand how I'd figure you got it wrong considering youve been wrong before several times.

My opinion is agreed upon by many people including most credible basketball analysts and former all time greats. LeBron is the most talented player in the league and easily a top 3 best player. That is an opinion I have and I have other credible people and facts to back it up. Your opinion is shared by basically no one and you have no facts to back it up.

My opinion was stated, as I referred to before, by a person who talked about it this very afternoon on ESPN. Besides, an opinion being popular or not does not increase or decrease the amount of it that is solely an opinion.

I don't know how you can keep claiming that LeBron isn't a great player. Have you watched basketball over the past 7 years? He's arguably the best in the league and is a top 3 player no question. He carried a shitty Cavs team to 60 wins. His talent isn't perceived in anyway, it's real. Please, just stop being a silly goose.

Yes, I've watched more basketball in my lifetime (including recent years) than many people. I argue he's the best in the league, & question he is Top 5, let alone 3.

I went to several Cavs games, & cheered many of his teammates more than him.

1] People pay for it over seeing on TV for the same reasons they do WWE or lots of other events.

2] I got my money's worth at tons of games... Just not from him.

You are certainly in the minority there. I guarantee the majority of Cavs fans will say they went because they wanted to see LeBron.

Well, you can understand how I'd figure you got it wrong considering youve been wrong before several times.

Actually I've corrected you many times and have been right every time.

My opinion was stated, as I referred to before, by a person who talked about it this very afternoon on ESPN. Besides, an opinion being popular or not does not increase or decrease the amount of it that is solely an opinion.

1. You said the analyst on ESPN said Cleveland would beat Miami. That has jack shit to do with LeBron's talent and how good he is as a player.

2. If a Chemist and some random dude that works at a McDonald's both do your chemistry homework for you, which one are you more likely to turn in? I'll take the opinion of credible basketball analysts, former great players, and myself, over yours any day. Once again the talent is there to see in his performances and the numbers he puts up. Not all of it is opinion, much of it is an undeniable fact.

Actually I've corrected you many times and have been right every time.

Actually, you've restated what I said incorrectly, & then claimed to "refute" my opinions with opinions of your own.

1. You said the analyst on ESPN said Cleveland would beat Miami. That has jack shit to do with LeBron's talent and how good he is as a player.

The Cavs added few (if any) players since he left. He's on a team that includes Wade, among others. If an analyst (who, you seem to agree, knows more about sports than the average person) expects Cleveland to win, that says a lot.

2. If a Chemist and some random dude that works at a McDonald's both do your chemistry homework for you, which one are you more likely to turn in? I'll take the opinion of credible basketball analysts, former great players, and myself, over yours any day. Once again the talent is there to see in his performances and the numbers he puts up. Not all of it is opinion, much of it is an undeniable fact.

I gave you the opinion of an analyst, & you said it had nothing to do with the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back