Tougher Sports Town to Live in? Chicago, New York, or Cleveland?

It's...Baylariat!

Team Finnley Baylor
I'll make cases for all of them.

Chicago

Chicago. Although the White Sox and Blackhawks have won their sports' respective championships, the two most beloved sports teams in the city are in droughts of over 25 years and over 100 years respectively. The Bears and the Cubs.

New York

The Yankees and Giants aside, it's a tough, TOUGH town to be a sports fan. The Mets suck, the Jets are in a nearly 40 year Super Bowl drought, The Islanders, and Rangers haven't done a whole lot recently. The NJ Devils are doing fine...but based on population alone, they have a large amount of depressed sports fans.

Cleveland

My winner in this contest. All you need to say is Lebron James, Cleveland Indians, and the Cleveland Browns. NONE of their teams have won a title of any kind since the early 60's. The Indians go back to the 40's and The Cavaliers NEVER won a title, despite having one of the best basketball players in the world in Lebron James. It's a tough pill to swallow now, because all three teams could have losing records this year.

So my winner is Cleveland. Who you got?!

Cleveland. I saw it first hand this past week. You can just tell that the town is deflated when it comes to sports. I went to an Indians game a few days ago and was chatting with a few fans about this and you could tell how shitty it is for them. Cleveland takes this.

Cleveland quite easily takes the cake here. In the past 20 years, only the Cavaliers and Indians have made finals appearances, and each had only 1. The Browns were taken away in 95, and a team that consisted of mostly Browns, that being the Ravens, won a Super Bowl just a few years after leaving Cleveland. At least in NY, the Yankees have been a dynasty, the Giants have a few titles, the Rangers have one, and the Knicks have 2 finals appearances in the past 20 years. That far crushes Cleveland.

And Chicago, the Sox and Blackhawks have won in the past decade, and the Bears were in the SB. The cubs are still the cubs, but the other teams have been quite successful. It's Cleveland, and it's no contest.

It's Cleveland and there really is no other option.

New York: bullshit. The only sport they haven't won a title in in the last 20 years is basketball. You have the greatest baseball franchise of all time and are CONSTANTLY in the title hunt. The Giants won the Super Bowl about three years ago and the Jets are a hot young team in the AFC. I don't want to hear someone bitch about New York sports sucking.

Chicago: no again. The Blackhawks are the defending Stanley Cup Champions, the White Sox won the Series 5 years ago and the Bulls DOMINATED the NBA throughout the 90s in one of the greatest runs of all time. They have nothing to complain about because one team sucks.

Cleveland: here's the winner. They haven't won anything major since before the Super Bowl began. Lebron was their best shot and he bolted on his hometown, although he's getting too much heat for it. As an Indians fan, I feel their pain. To get so close and just not be able to clinch something like they have is almost unbearable. To have to see your greatest players go to other teams and dominate because you can't afford to compete with other cities is very disheartening. It's Cleveland.

Cleveland quite easily takes the cake here. In the past 20 years, only the Cavaliers and Indians have made finals appearances, and each had only 1

Indians made two World Series in the 90s actually.

This is so simple Cleveland!....I mean New York has the Yankee's, Giants, and Maybe Jets.

Chicago has the blackhawks and umm bears did make the super bowl and the white sox.

Cleveland Browns are one of the laughing stocks of football and one of only four teams in the NFL (Lions, Jags, and Texans as well) to never even make it to a Super Bowl! The Indians haven't won a title in decades...and then you got the Cavs who had Lebron and still couldnt win and well he's gone to Miami to win rings. I mean Cleveland is the land of hearbreaks. "the Drive" and "the Decision". simple CleLEAVEland!

Easily Cleveland. The Browns leave, become the Ravens and then win the Super Bowl with most Browns players. Since the Browns return they have been nothing but a joke, one of the worst in the league. And as for the Cavs, "The Decision" may have been the last straw. Seeing their hometown hero leave and do it on nation tv was just rough. They have nothing going for them now and can't see any other place that's had/have it worse than Cleveland.

I'm going against the grain and saying that New York is the tougher sports town to live in. The magazines are quick to criticize and blame A-Rod for whenever the Yankees struggle because they are expected to dominate since they have for a century. MSG is still considered the mecca of basketball and the Knicks haven't won a title in almost 40 years. The Mets have always been expected to be better than they are every year. The Jets haven't been to the SB since Joe Namath and they will always be second fiddle to the Giants so there is pressure to succeed. I don't know much about how hard the fans are on the Rangers and Islanders. With all the success New York has had, it's tougher for them because they are expected to keep that same level of achievement.

Cleveland.

Lebron James is going to ruin the economy of that city for the long term.
Cavs will be garbage, Browns are garbage, Indians never live up the hype.

Far and away this is the worst town for sports of the three mentioned.
Not to mention it's the least regarded of the three cities mentioned.

Cleveland. As far as this poll goes.

In all of sports though? I'd say Philly. The fans there are brutal. No matter the sport. They've turned on their own teams plenty of times in the past.. Mostly the Eagles (I'm an Eagles fan). I've also seen many interviews where athletes of different spots were asked where they thought the hardest city to go into and play is. Philadelphia wins that the majority of the time.

Cleveland. As far as this poll goes.

In all of sports though? I'd say Philly. The fans there are brutal. No matter the sport. They've turned on their own teams plenty of times in the past.. Mostly the Eagles (I'm an Eagles fan). I've also seen many interviews where athletes of different spots were asked where they thought the hardest city to go into and play is. Philadelphia wins that the majority of the time.

But even Philly has the Phillies and Flyers...and they had the Eagles yet the fans booed a QB who got them to 5 yes 5 NFC Championships!!!!...Philly always has a hope of winning a title in some kind of sport...Cleavland has about as much hope of winning any title in any sports as Indiana Hoosiers winning the BCS Title slim and none

But even Philly has the Phillies and Flyers...and they had the Eagles yet the fans booed a QB who got them to 5 yes 5 NFC Championships!!!!...Philly always has a hope of winning a title in some kind of sport...Cleavland has about as much hope of winning any title in any sports as Indiana Hoosiers winning the BCS Title slim and none

Well if you're going by that basis.. Then I'll throw Vancover into the mix. We lost our NBA team due to them being horrible. The only hope is those god awful Canucks. Look what happened last time they made it to the finals and lost

[YOUTUBE]v/_PKPYnMCfQ0?fs=1&[/YOUTUBE]

I mean shit.. Even Detroit didn't riot after they lost to the Penguins.. And this is Detroit we're talking about! The streets of Vancouver were fucked after. The jails overflowing for weeks. You think the heat on Lebron was bad.. Should have seen what was said/done here when Bertuzzi left. There was public Jersey burnings as well. He wasn't even the star player!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back