Christian: The New Showstopper?

Cena's #1 In My Heart

Getting Noticed By Management
Okay, I've seen something ignite in Christian since feuding with Orton on Smackdown.

All his matches have been stellar.. he dose a great job of getting the fans involved, he wrestles well.. he always seems to pull something a little different each time.

His match with Mark Henry on Smackdown was probably Mark Henry's best match... EVER...

His match with Orton at Over The Limit should defiantly be a MOTY Candidate...

Christian is starting to look like another Showstopper... reminding me of Shawn Michaels with how he hangs in his matches and just keeps it rolling.

Thoughts?

Christian is trying to stay relevant to the company and be in the Main Event picture as much as possible. I'm sure he's pulling out all the stops now, hoping for another chance to be one of the company's faces. Why it's taken so long, well, thats' a debate that's gone on forever. But I'm glad to see it. When he was ECW Champ, I felt like he had very little to work with over there, and was never a huge fan. Lately, though, he's impressing me with what he can and will do in the ring.

Christian is trying to stay relevant to the company and be in the Main Event picture as much as possible. I'm sure he's pulling out all the stops now, hoping for another chance to be one of the company's faces. Why it's taken so long, well, thats' a debate that's gone on forever. But I'm glad to see it. When he was ECW Champ, I felt like he had very little to work with over there, and was never a huge fan. Lately, though, he's impressing me with what he can and will do in the ring.

I have always been impressed with Christian's work in the ring in ECW, it's just the fact that he had to feud with the likes of William Regal and Jack Swagger for the majority of his run, he always knows how to get the crowd into a match, and make almost any match look good with any opponent(i.e. Mark Henry), the reason ppl are just starting to notice this is due to the fact that he is feuding with someone that they actually pay attention to (Randy Orton), and now they are starting to see that Christian SHOULD the face of SmackDown

I have always been impressed with Christian's work in the ring in ECW, it's just the fact that he had to feud with the likes of William Regal and Jack Swagger for the majority of his run, he always knows how to get the crowd into a match, and make almost any match look good with any opponent(i.e. Mark Henry), the reason ppl are just starting to notice this is due to the fact that he is feuding with someone that they actually pay attention to (Randy Orton), and now they are starting to see that Christian SHOULD the face of SmackDown

Basically what I said. He had next to nothing to work with over on ECW, and was a placeholder champ, so they could try to build a few wrestlers to move to SD and Raw. He was given chicken shit and managed to make chicken salad. Lately, tho, with good competition, he's been looking like he belongs on top. I'm glad for him.

Well I'm not much of an Orton fan.

But I do think wrestlers will typically get better with age until their body starts to fall apart on them.

Meaning.. I think Christian could quite possibly be peaking right now... his condition is probably the same or maybe even better than its been... but his experience has gone up majorly.. and I think that is what makes the difference in Christian right now... versus a Christian we saw winning the Intercontinental Championship some 5 years ago or so.

In my opinion, they messed up when they made him a babyface. He's a heel, a great one at that. Now that he's going to be the top heel on Smackdown he will shine. Mark my words #1 Raw draft pick in 12 months.

I think that is what makes the difference in Christian right now... versus a Christian we saw winning the Intercontinental Championship some 5 years ago or so.

I disagree, yea the Christian 5 years ago lacked experience, but he picked up the ball and ran with it, he was impressing many of the fans and his matches were solid, WWE teased a main event push in a Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship and again in a battle royal for the World Heavyweight Championship, it was because of the fact that he knew he was gettin demoted back down to the mid-card that he left in the first place, he was impressing us back then, we just seemed to forget about what he brought to the table when he jumped ship to Fall of WCW 2.0(a.k.a. TNA)

Christian should just as easily be the heel of Smackdown... either way he could be a top dog, and his experience, which he has had for more than the last 5 years... could be a benefit to the whole show. I don't understand the Christian haters... named my own son after him.

Christian was always a great wrestler...
People just didn't care about him and he was overshadowed by lame stories...

I think that the "Click" for the Main Event, was his assault on Del Rio at Elimination Chamber...
His matches against him, Orton, Henry and Sheamus have been pure gold!!
I hope WWE capitalizes on that and make a believable story for Christian establishment as a true main eventer...

(Vince will die if he has to push another former TNA Champion xD)

Christian has always been a good in ring performer but I think that he has actually gotten better since coming back from TNA. Christian was always an athletic guy who would put up a lot of effort in his matches but since coming back from TNA he has improved greatly upon his ring psychology. His comebacks especially are fun to watch and the timing of his moves seems to have gotten better.

He has certainly put on some stellar matches on Smackdown with all comers. But a showstopper isn't a tag that you can earn over just a course of a few months. It is something that you earn after putting your body on the line on a consistent basis and putting on a show in the ring like no other performer can. Christian, like I said, has been a good in ring performer over the years but it is only in this year that he has given performances worthy of being considered somewhat showstopping. It's too late for him to try and build that sort of legacy either and so he will never be known as a showstopper ever in the WWE.

Christian: The New Showstopper?

I guess but you will never hear anyone call him that on the air I can guarantee you that.

If the Dirtsheets are to be believed Vince has no faith in Christian as Champion and Christian want to prove to Vince that he is 100% wrong. I think that's why there is a fire under Christians ass, he knows there is 1 man he has to impress and in order for that to happen he needs to be putting on 5 star matches every time he steps into the ring. Christian only has a few years left in the business if he wants to walk when he is 60 so he knows he doesn't have a long time.

He is definetly a great worker awesome on the mic too. His problem is his size and look, Vince just cant see it when he looks at him, Maybe change it up a little

Size is overrated, especially with Christian. For comparison:

Christian is 6'2" 227.

CM Punk is 6'1" 222.

The Miz is 6'1" 231.

Don't tell me Christian is too small.

Its very possible. With Michaels gone somebody had to step up as the guy who steals the show each night. Christian was always overshadowed by Edge but I think Edge threw all of his support behind Christian to WWE when he left, which might explain Christian's push and increased match quality. WWE gave him a chance to finally show what he can truly do and he also now has a chance to be he blue brand's top heel. I can see Christian trying to fill the gap HBK left as a new Showstopper because he's capable of stealing the show at any PPV. The difference is now they are letting him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back