Christian/Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 28 Please

CelticCorey

Getting Noticed By Management
So in SVR 2011 before Christian actually won the belt he had a RTWM storyline and he was Mr. Money in the Bank. He could've choosen to cash in against Edge, the WHC or Shawn Michaels, the WWE Champion. While playing as him I did Edge first and then went back and did the Shawn Michaels one. The end result for the latter featured a TLC match at Wrestlemania for the WWE title.

So I was thinking this. This would be my ideal scenario.

Christian retains against Orton this Sunday and then moves onto a feud with Sheamus for a couple of months. Christian retains in September and October.

But wait, at Hell in a Cell, the teased reports of a return comes true and the Undertaker returns. His in ring time is limited due to age and condition but he feuds with Christian at Survivor Series and TLC.

Now before all of you complain about Undertaker putting over Christian and all and how could he lose to Christian and then go 20-0- keep in mind three straight times on PPV he put over Kane and it didn't seem to hurt him beating Triple H. Not sure whom he could face. Maybe Hunter but Hunter might face Punk. Possibly Stone Cold if his neck is healing ok and HE doesn't face Punk. Or he waits for Mania 29 to go 20-0.

Then at the Royal Rumble, Orton takes the belt back. The only reason I say this is because it would be a problem considering how Daniel Bryan is going to cash in for the belt at Wrestlemania.

Next night, RAW, backstage, Michaels is shown and then comes out where he is interrupted by Captain Charisma where he disrespects him and tells him that he is no longer the Showstopper, he is. Truth to be told, who else CONSTANTLY puts on good, in some cases, GREAT matches every single week? I mean folks he pulled a good match out of ZEKE of all people and I wouldn't be surprised if he found a way to get one out of Otunga or Khali and if THAT can't happen then they might as well just quit right then and there.

Ok, so Christian is not as big of a draw as somebody like Hogan or Taker, some veterans that Michaels has faced before. Yet all of Christian's accomplishments both kayfabe wise along with the ability to put on a great match no matter whom the opponent along with being able to talk deem him a worthy opponent. How many people these days can talk AND put on a terrific match CONSISTENTLY? Christian is one of those select few.

I'm not so sure how the story would go down but my idea would be that he disrespects Shawn Michaels so bad to the point where he can't take his crap anymore and has to kick his ass. I would prefer for Michaels to put Christian over but I'm not kidding when I say it has the potential to possibly the greatest match in WWE history. If Michaels did return for one more match, I would want Christian to be his opponent in the worst possible way.

Sorry man, but HBK needs to remain retired. SvR usually makes their storylines what the fan would die to see in order for them to purchase the game. Just like in SvR06 they had RVD winning the WWE title and spray painting ECW on it and your created character had to beat him at Mania. It's all super fiction for the fan.

But I think HBK needs to remain retired. Keep his career what it was. There are lots of old stars tarnishing their careers by remaining in the business. We all know Christian isn't main-event material at Mania. Hell, he wasn't even on the card this year even though he was medically ok to compete. If HBK DID return, it would be for a more high profile feud. Hell, HBK vs CM Punk would sell tons more than HBK/Christian. And that's what the E is, a business. They are all about selling.

Good idea, good dream. Just realistically, I think it wouldn't happen.

Sorry man, but HBK needs to remain retired. SvR usually makes their storylines what the fan would die to see in order for them to purchase the game. Just like in SvR06 they had RVD winning the WWE title and spray painting ECW on it and your created character had to beat him at Mania. It's all super fiction for the fan.

But I think HBK needs to remain retired. Keep his career what it was. There are lots of old stars tarnishing their careers by remaining in the business. We all know Christian isn't main-event material at Mania. Hell, he wasn't even on the card this year even though he was medically ok to compete. If HBK DID return, it would be for a more high profile feud. Hell, HBK vs CM Punk would sell tons more than HBK/Christian. And that's what the E is, a business. They are all about selling.

Good idea, good dream. Just realistically, I think it wouldn't happen.

Coming out for one more match doesn't mean his career is tarnished. If anything a career tarnished might be somebody like Hogan, Flair or Sting for going on for TOO long but they are still seen as the legends they are. NOTHING bad will happen to HBK.

Define "main-event" Closing out the show, maybe not, but let's see, Daniel Bryan will be cashing at Mania. THAT is considered a main event.

The E IS a business and all about selling. But if this DID happen at Mania 28, they wouldn't have to worry about it not selling. Why? Because The Rock is headlining with John Cena. This CAN afford to happen.

Coming out for one more match doesn't mean his career is tarnished. If anything a career tarnished might be somebody like Hogan, Flair or Sting for going on for TOO long but they are still seen as the legends they are. NOTHING bad will happen to HBK.

Define "main-event" Closing out the show, maybe not, but let's see, Daniel Bryan will be cashing at Mania. THAT is considered a main event.

The E IS a business and all about selling. But if this DID happen at Mania 28, they wouldn't have to worry about it not selling. Why? Because The Rock is headlining with John Cena. This CAN afford to happen.

To HBK it probably would. He said he wants to be the first guy to STAY retired. How many guys have honestly walked away from wrestling WILLINGLY without dying or some kind of injury? I can't think of any from this modern era.

Hulk Hogan had his "one more match" remember? Well he had a bunch more.

NO! NO! NO! NO! and did i mention? NO!

HBK is not as much of a douche as Flair and or Hogan!

When he said he was having his last match with taker..... HE FUCKIN MEANT IT!

HBK will never have another match! and thats how it should be! he is the best of all time and he will go out that way! Without being a complete money hungry douche and coming back just to pay for his son to murder people in a car accident!

I must agree with the general consensus here. Before he retired, I would have loved to see a Christian vs Shawn Michaels match, let alone an extended feud capping off at WrestleMania. To be sure, the two clashing would be epic and they could probably make a hell of a feud out of it. However, one of the worst things a wrestler can do for his legacy is to come out of retirement, especially after making a big hooplah about it. It makes them look poor, as if they can't step away from the business, can't give a spot up to the new guys, or need money (see: Flair, Ric). When a guy has the kind of sendoff that Shawn Michaels did, it's even worse for him to come back. He had an epic retirement match at WrestleMania, a heartfelt speech the next night on Raw, and was inducted into the Hall of Fame the next year. Stepping out of retirement trods all over that sendoff and makes it meaningless, putting a severe black mark on his legacy. It wouldn't ruin Shawn Michaels, but it would put him one step closer to what Ric Flair has become, and I don't think that's the road that Shawn wants to take.

You guys just don't get it. You guys just don't get the meaning of retirement because guys like Hogan and Flair have tarnished it so much.

When a wrestler retires, there's a hell lot of emotions that his fans and peers go through - in that moment, they remember all that he showed them in the last 25 years of his career and it all gets summarized in one moment. The feeling that you get in the pit of your stomach that you won't be able to see him wrestle again - that feeling is a summation of respect, happiness and regret too - and as a loyal fan, you deserve that feeling only once and not twice. Many true fans can't handle HBK retiring two times - and HBK will stay loyal to them, unlike Flair.

I can't see Christian vs HBK, because sure Christian might be good and hard working, but he is nowhere near HBK in skill level and drawing power, but to maybe make it a bit more interesting they could make it a ladder match because HBK made the ladder match, but Christian has been in a lot and have done great things in them so if it was a ladder match it could be interesting, and it could be a match for bragging rights as to who the greatest ladder match champion is

What makes Shawn any different? The Rock is coming out of retirement. Bret came out of retirement and wrestled in 2010, albeit not that well. People want to see Austin in the ring again. You see all of these older wrestlers- Warrior, X-Pac, Hall, Nash and I'm sure others I don't know of work a match in some small promotion.

Anyway, does somebody HAVE to have the same drawing power as HBK? Perhaps it's one of those "What I want I can't have" things but man what I would give to see that match and I know if I did see it, it would set the wrestling world on fire. Because there's no such thing as a bad Christian match and he is more than just good and hard working he is consistent and always puts on quite a show no matter who it is and Shawn Michaels is Shawn Michaels.

What makes Shawn any different? The Rock is coming out of retirement. Bret came out of retirement and wrestled in 2010, albeit not that well. People want to see Austin in the ring again. You see all of these older wrestlers- Warrior, X-Pac, Hall, Nash and I'm sure others I don't know of work a match in some small promotion.

Anyway, does somebody HAVE to have the same drawing power as HBK? Perhaps it's one of those "What I want I can't have" things but man what I would give to see that match and I know if I did see it, it would set the wrestling world on fire. Because there's no such thing as a bad Christian match and he is more than just good and hard working he is consistent and always puts on quite a show no matter who it is and Shawn Michaels is Shawn Michaels.

The difference between Shawn and the gentlemen you've mentioned is simple. In the case of the Rock, Rocky never retired. He just went away for an extended period of time. There was never a retirement match, never a Hall of Fame induction, never an emotional goodbye speech. Hart never had a formal retirement match, he just got hurt and had to walk away. Sure, he was inducted into the Hall of Fame, but he never said he was hanging it up for good, at least not in the same way Shawn did. Sure, he retired, but not like Shawn did (or Ric, for that matter). Shawn lost a career ending match, gave an emotional goodbye speech, and was then inducted into the Hall of Fame rapidly. Warrior? If you're trying to argue that Warrior is a man to look to for legacy advice, please spare me. Waltman and Nash never formally retired either, making their extended careers completely acceptable. The only name you mentioned that truly had a retirement was Hart (who did announce a retirement from wrestling following his injury) but the two big differences there are: 1) It was caused by injury and 2) He never had a hyped up career ending match. The difference between Shawn and the rest of these men should be clear.

Good ideas but in this, should I say realistic world, it won't happen. If, and this is a massive if, Shawn does come out of retirement for one more match, it'll be further down the road. I mean, like the Rock, when he returned everyone was just so full of excitement and his pop was massive. But, when Stone Cold returns every 10 - 12 months, the pop isn't as big because people are used to see him, plus he has Tough Enough. Shawn would wait and then he would get a huge reception.

It would certainly be an enjoyable match. Christian has always been a great performer, and well, we all know what HBK was capable of. I have no doubt in my mind that Shawn could still pull off a show-stealing match even after his retirement.

However, I do this HBK intends this retirement to be permenant, and if he was to come back it would not be against Christian, and it would not be this years WM. A Shawn Michaels return would be big enough to headline a PPV and get big buy-rates, why would it be wasted on a WM that already will have Cena v Rock which has guaranteed the show to sell millions of buys on PPV?

I would enjoy seeing this match, but it will not be happening. As much as I would like to see Michaels back in the WWE, he seems to have alot going on in his life now with his family, church and occasional appearances on WWE tv so he doesn't need to. He doesnt have the financial issues of Hogan or Flair and doesnt seem like he misses the spotlight. For that reason I kinda hope he doesn't come back so we can remember him in the way we should. He obviously got out because he felt it was the right time, and we need to respect that and thank him for all he did for the WWE.

If he was to come back, I would love a return of his Commissioner role, or something along those lines, maybe even as a manager or commentator as HBK was always entertaining on the mic and would be a great mentor for someone.

To me its not just the saying "I am going to retire" that is the issue with Flair its the way he has conducting himself since. When he has been in the ring he has looked a shadow or him former self and there has been no meaning behind it. If Shawn does return and i honestly hope he stays retired and true to his word it should be for a reason. Not just because WWE think it will be a big draw and they make of some silly fued but something that is built and worked properly. I hate seeing a wrestler that was once a favourite of mine acting and bahaving the way he does on TNA its just not the same Hulkster. I have to agree with Stone Cold coming back too much as well it has got very samey and stale now and with what they are doing with Punk at the minute WWE doesn't need that. So in short i would like to of seen a TLC match between Christian and Shawn Michaels but now hope i never do.

As much as I like his in-ring work, it would be nice if Shawn stayed retired. That would make him one wrestler that stays true to his word when it comes to retirement. He had a beautiful 25 year career. No need to tarnish the memories.

Honestly I think by wm 28 Christian will have lost the world title and after that happens he is probably back in the midcard and maybe won't even get a match at the big show.

He might stay retired or he might come back. Probably not, but as we have seen so many times, ANYTHING can happen in the wrestling business. Just keep that tiny detail in mind.

As far as Christian being in the midcard or off Wrestlemania, I think he is too big of a name at the moment as he is one of three main event talents (Orton and Sheamus) on Smackdown.

And plus I don't know who could get a better match out of HBK. I think there are a few who could get a really good match out of Michaels. Bryan could do it, Ziggler could do it and possibly Sheamus but in terms of psychology and all, I feel that Christian would be where it's at. I'm not expecting this to happen but the money I would pay to see this. IMO it would be the modern day Steamboat/Savage.

The match would surely steal the show, but there is one little problem. Michaels meant it when he said he was done. Assuming it did happen, it could be one of the best matches in recent years due to the show stealing capabilities of both men and how great the promos leading up to it could be. I would look forward to it. It would never happen though because Shawn said he made a promise to not work another match. He has nothing left to prove.

A) The Rock NEVER retired. He took a long hiatus.
B) Bret Hart was forced to retire through injury.
C) Austin never had an official retirement match.

So yes, 3 reasons why they are completely different from Shawn Michaels. Shawn also gave the rub to Taker top beat him in his last official match. And as for fighting Christian? LOL! Raw main event yeh, be solid enough, but a WM main event? I'd rather see him wrestle Triple H and probably another 10 on the roster before Christian.

HBK coming out of retirement just aint gunna happen, anytime soon. Stop dreaming kids.

sorry to disapoint man but i cant see it happening first of all i think HBK wants to honor his retirement and not wrestle anymore plain and simple plus it seems pointless now sense christian looks to be out of the title picture on smackdown

No-no-no-no-no a million times NO!

Putting personal opinions aside of the lame duck Christian (I seriously don't like the guy)... Shawn Micheals is doing just fine where he's at. Putting him in a match against a worthless opponent known as Christian at Mania would not only be moronic, but it would also be as disrespectful as when Flair went to TNA after retiring... Even if I pretended to like Christian, which is impossible for me to do because I can't stand him, it still wouldn't be worth Shawn's time. This is the same guy who's put on classic Mania matches time after time. Why would you want to tarnish his entire legacy by sticking him in the match with some terrible worker?

When Trips actually gets the company from Vince, he will probably give Shawn a backstage job or a talent scout or something back in the company.

As for one more match. No. Shawn's had his retirement match. 25 years in the business, and you think he'll tarnish what his retirement meant to so many people?

I'd rather the retired guys stay away from the ring once they retire. My biggest problem with the WWE is when retired stars come back because they ALWAYS one up the current guys. I think in the last 6 months we have seen a surge in young talent stepping up from the Miz to Cody Rhodes to Sheamus. It's been a while since I honestly thought so many main event caliber guys were on both rosters at the same time. Christian would be better served working with young talent to help the current roster than giving Shawn Michaels a win to entertain the fans. It's good in the short term, bad in the long term, in my opinion.

HBK is my all time favorite wrestler. I really dont have any desire to see him wrestle again. IMO he went out on top after a great match against Undertaker at WM. I cant imagine a better way to end your career.

And if he ever did come back. I can almost guarantee he will not be facing someone like Christian. :lmao:

The ShowstopPerrr... The Headlineeerr... The Main Event, The icon. The Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels going against Christian? What the heck. Putting them in the same sentence is awkward. Although I respect Christian with all of his hard work and accomplishments in the WWE(and outside of WWE) I don't think he deserve a match in Wrestlemania with Mr. Wrestlemania. If HBK would be coming back it should be against the Undertaker(again).

About Christian - HBK being the greatest match of all time? Sorry No.

Well if Shawn can still go it would be a phenomenal match no doubt. But I don't like the idea of Shawn Michaels losing a retirement match at Wrestlemania 26 then going on to wrestle again two years later at the same event.

Shawn is retired and he should only make some appearances on WWE TV every now and then. He has no business getting in the ring again. Shawn opened a door for a lot of young guys to shine and a few have stepped up but for him to wrestle again at Wrestlemania 28 would just be him stealing their spotlight that they would have earned by wrestling full time and working hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back