• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CHIKARA: High Noon! Live on iPPV 11/13

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
HighNoon_700.jpg

CHIKARA Pro presents its first ever iPPV, available for purchase at GFL.tv. The event starts at 4PM EST.

Who will be CHIKARA's first Grand Champion?
GrandChampionship.jpg

After several long months of the tournament known as the 12 Large Summit, it has come to this. The new master of a thousand holds, Mike Quackenbush, has shared the ring with his mentors, friends, and heroes, legends of this business. He has won titles in companies all over the world. He has carried CHIKARA from a fledgling startup to a highly respected indy promotion with a devoted fanbase. He even trains wrestlers to come after him with his work in the CHIKARA Wrestle Factory. He comes into the match with his protoge Jigsaw in his corner. Will his experience and technical acumen be enough when he comes face to face with his opponent?

Eddie Kingston is known as the War King, and not without good reason. Growing up in the Bronx, Kingston is a fighter, the last of a dying breed. He is pure power and strength and is well-loved by the fans for his hard-hitting offense and rough style. He ran roughshod over his block in the tournament, dropping challengers left and right. To top it all off, he also comes into this match with his hero, ECW original Tommy Dreamer in his corner. How will his strong style of wrestling fare against Lightning Mike?

Both men are the top dogs in CHIKARA, and both men are gunning to be the first singles' champion. But only one man can stand at the end of the day.

No Disqualifications - Mask and Mask vs. Hair and Eye of Tyr!
TagNoDQ.jpg

The Spectral Envoy have had many confrontations with the BDK over the course of many years, and now it's time for it all to come to a head. Years ago, Ares stole Ultramantis Black's magical artifact, The Eye Of Tyr, and with it brainwashed Mantis' friend Delirious. Tim Donst, in his quest to prove he is the great Young Lion's Cup Champion of all time, has attacked and faced off with Hallowicked multiple times. Ultramantis has been attacking members of the BDK for months, attempting to get the Eye of Tyr and Delirious back once and for all. He wants it so much that he offered to put his mask on the line in a Luchas de Apuestas match. Ares accepted, and the match is on. The Spectral Envoy are wagering their masks, the BDK wagering the Eye of Tyr and Donst's hair. Could this be the last gasp of the Bruderschaft? Or will the Spectral Envoy be shamed?

The BDK is going to pay at the hands of Del Rey!
SDRJH.jpg

Sara Del Rey wanted competition. Tired of being pigeonholed, she wanted the chance to run with the men alongside her tag partner Daizee Haze. She found this opportunity as part of the BDK. For a while, things were going well, until she found herself shunted to one side and mistreated by the Bruderschaft. When she secured a spot in the 12 Large Summit, it was then that she decided to take her chance. In a climactic battle with the leader of the BDK, Claudio Castagnoli, Sara Del Rey quit the BDK by defeating Claudio soundly. Though she didn't make it to the Grand Championship match, she is still out to take on every member of the BDK. Jakob Hammermeier, the Ricardo Rodriguez to the BDK's Alberto Del Rio, is the only one left. Will Sara have her hand in wiping out the Bruderschaft once and for all?

Number One Contender's Match for the tag team championships!
2points2points.jpg

In CHIKARA, the contendership system works a little differently than in most promotions. When a tag team wins a match, they are awarded a point. If they lose, they lose their points. When a team has accrued three points they are awarded a tag team title shot. The Colony and the Young Bucks are both sitting at two points, but only one can claim the all important third point and challenge the hated group FIST for the Campeonatos de Parejas.

The American Hero gets one more shot at defeating the Foreign Menace!
OneMoreChance.jpg

Ever since the surgery for his broken arm, the Colony's Green Ant has been stronger than ever. After many fans tried and failed to bodyslam the BDK's Viking enforcer Tursas at the King of Trios Fan conclave, The Colony's own Green Ant came out to take the challenge. He nearly did it, too, but the BDK put a stop to it. Later that weekend, The Colony took on the BDK in three on three action as part of the King of Trios tournament. When Tursas attempted to interfere, Green Ant picked him up and slammed him down to the mat, causing the place to erupt in cheers as the Colony won their match. Shortly after, Green Ant started his Flex Express tour to rally up support for a Green Ant vs. Tursas match, which happened on July 30 and ended with a Tursas victory after Jakob Hammermeier interfered. Green Ant wants his rematch, and it's going to happen at High Noon. Mike Quackenbush has promised to teach Green Ant a new special hold in preparation for this match, but will it be enough to take down the mighty mountain of a man?

The final battle of this personal feud!
GregIronIcarus.jpg

Gregory Iron is an inspiration. Despite his battles with cerebral palsy, Iron has managed to live his dream and become a pro wrestler, even getting an article in Sports Illustrated. However, not everyone is happy for the "Handicapped Hero". One of CHIKARA's most hated rudos, Icarus, is claiming that Iron is faking his disability for sympathy. They have squared off three times before, but now it is time for their final battle. Will Gregory Iron be able to shut "The Worst In The World" up for good? Or will The Winged Ring Warrior have the last laugh?

The Band marches into High Noon!
CabanaPeck.jpg

At King of Trios 2011, the leader of the band Archibald Peck issued an open challenge that was answered by none other than entertainer, pro wrestler, and podcaster "Boom Boom" Colt Cabana! Archibald emerged victorious after he managed to strike Cabana with an illegal baton shot, and now Cabana wants his rematch. All I can say is...watch this video:

The Funky Pharaoh opens up.
AmasisSpeaks.jpg

After a tragic car accident on May 11, Amasis of the popular trio The Osirian Portal was injured. He was forced to retire from active competition, and despite CHIKARA's best efforts the fans just weren't buying The Osirian Portal without Amasis. The rumor is that the team will be disbanded, but Amasis has been invited to shed light on his situation, and reveal what may lie in the Portal's future.

All this and more: CHIKARA will be showing a preshow at 3:15PM EST at http://www.ustream.tv/user/CHIKARAMedia which will contain a FREE match - El Generico vs. Jigsaw! You can purchase CHIKARA's first iPPV at GFL.tv for $14.99. Join us at 4PM EST for high-flying action and lots of fun.

I seriously cannot wait for this show. This show will be the most fun wrestling show there will be all year. It looks great on paper. 4 p.m. Sunday can't come soon enough.

I agree. This may be the most excited I've been for a wrestling show since Money in the Bank. I'm really looking forward to seeing Green Ant get his revenge on Tursas. I LOVE Green Ant.

What match are you most looking forward to?

First time I'll be watching Chikara. What should I expect to see from this promotion?

Lots of fast-paced, fun action, mixed with a few comedy matches (Colt Cabana vs. Archibald Peck and Sara Del Rey vs. Jakob Hammermeier are my guesses for those). As you can see from the preview pictures a lot of guys have very colorful gimmicks and masks. CHIKARA works from lucha rules, with the ring out count being 20 and if you leave the ring it counts as tagging your partner. The crowd should also be great, because all CHIKARA crowds are.

It's easy to find videos of the comedy spots on Youtube, and their podcast often contains full matches from the past. As for stories, I outlined them in the opening post pretty well but the wikipedia page for High Noon should be able to fill in any gaps.

Comedy. YMMV on how funny it is.
It's not ALL comedy. The first match of the night usually is, and after that it's mostly acrobatics and flash, sometimes broken up by a second breather or comedy match.

I agree. This may be the most excited I've been for a wrestling show since Money in the Bank. I'm really looking forward to seeing Green Ant get his revenge on Tursas. I LOVE Green Ant.

What match are you most looking forward to?

It's between the Grand Championship match and the Young Bucks/Colony match. But there's not a match I'm not really looking forward to.

As for people watching CHIKARA for the first time, Mike Quackenbush describes what CHIKARA is in this video, while the Grand Championship match is built up as well:

[YOUTUBE]aUBHKcLn_1w[/YOUTUBE]

I'm gonna be hare at 3:15.

I'm gonna be here to watch the free pre show with Jigsaw Vs El Generico

am I the only one looking forward to the BDK Vs The Envoy?

UMB may be my favorite character in all of wrestling

No you're not the only one. UMB is amazing and Hallowicked is one of the most underrated wrestlers in wrestling. It's going to be a crazy match (although I'm not sure how crazy it will be for a no-DQ match) and I can't wait to see the Spectral Envoy get their revenge. Also, a bald Tim Donst is going to be a sight to see.

The excitement builds.

Hornswoggle of all people is apparently a HUGE CHIKARA fan.
@wwehornswoggle said:
Tonight, @chikarapro presents their "High Noon" iPPV! I'll be watching this as a wrestling fan again, and so should you. #HighNooniPPV

So am I.

Apparently there is a problem with the building, and High Noon will only be able to be watched online. So anyone who was planning on watching it on a Roku device may be out of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back