• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CHIKARA Singles Title

The Bearded One

Love is not admissable evidence.
CHIKARA Pro Director of Fun Wink Vavasseur announced a while back that the promotion has intentions of implementing a new singles title, the first in its history. Up until now the only title have the the tag titles, Campeanatos de Parejas. There is the Young Lions Cup, which is for singles competitors who are 25 and younger, but no main event singles title.

I think it is great. Sure, CHIKARA has made its name and reputation on multi-man matches, but there are some great singles wrestlers on the roster who work just as hard, if not harder, than the tag teams. They deserve some recognition as well and I think a singles title is the way to do that. I'm not sure if it should become the promotion's main title since tag wrestling is such a big deal in CHIKARA, but it will still be nice to have upper card guys something to feud about other than personal vendettas.

As for who should be the first champion, I have four suggestions.

1. Mike Quackenbush-Isn't it obvious why?

2. Jigsaw- I think he is the student Quack is the most proud of and he is very good in the ring. He has been in CHIKARA since the beginning and I think would make a fine choice for champion.

3. Claudio Castagnoli- The biggest rudo in the company right now and one of the best wrestlers on the roster. If he could capture the first championship for the BDK, just imagine the heat he would get. I think this is a real possibility.

4. Eddie Kingston- My pick to be the first champion. He has been there since the beginning and lately has been pointing out that others have come to CHIKARA after he helped put it on the map, so it would make sense that he gets the honor of being the first singles champion. He is super over and one of the most popular technicos on the roster. It would be a great moment if he was finally able to get that elusive win over Castagnoli while being crowned the first champion. I think he is the best choice.

So, what do you think about CHIKARA creating a singles title? Who should be the first champion?

By the way, I think I'm going to start more threads on CHIKARA. It's a fun promotion and I think it should get the recognition it deserves.

For how long, Chikara has been a tag team centered company. And you know what? I'm happy they're expanding. Of course they are only a independent company but that shouldn't mean that they should at least have somewhat of a World Title too. I'm not going to lie, I don't watch a lot of matches from them but this is bound to help them. And you know what, it may even help them gain some more attention or fans. They've got talent and they've got some relevant talent like Claudio and Kingston. If people start hearing that they're the new Chikara champion and maybe either of them starts flaunting the title around something like ROH? I have a feeling they'd be amazed at how many people they could attract just from that. Now looking at who to hold it first, I say Claudio. In my mind it comes down to him and Eddie and I guess you can look at it this way. Kingston has been beaten by Castagnoli a few times now, doesn't he deserve to get the title first then? Like you said, it would get him a boatload of heat. He has his character so down it's not even funny, however he has had some good practice in previous promotions. You'll also have so many different ways to go with him too, well more like two. You can either have Eddie chase it and have Claudio try to avoid him, because apparently he "can't be bothered with trash anymore" or put him with Quackenbush and decide if you want to have him lose it to him or have him keep it, which would give him even more heat if that would be possible. So yeah, please keep on posting because I'll be here replying. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back