Cena finally not in the Main Event..or is he??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhhfan14

Occasional Pre-Show
My question really is, seeing that Cena is Vinces baby, how in the world is he not in the main event, as he has been ever since Vince as put him into the title picture....Show vs Edge, Hunter vs Orton:smashfreakB:

My question really is, seeing that Cena is Vinces baby, how in the world is he not in the main event, as he has been ever since Vince as put him into the title picture....Show vs Edge, Hunter vs Orton:smashfreakB:
There is still plenty of time between now and Wrestlemania. And considering Cena's Rematch Clause match ended in a DQ, it'd be easy to work Cena into the main-event and since both Big Show and Edge are heels, it is likely it will happen like that.

However, if it doesn't happen like that, and Cena is not in the World Title match, then it is because the WWE have a bigger match planned for him, such as a Cena vs. Hogan match.

There is no way it is Big Show vs Edge... this is just a swerve before Cena somehow gets in. What I don't get is why be so secret about the card? Just tell us the matches andf build the story for pete's sake.

Edge v Big Show isn't a big enough draw for a Backlash or Unforgiven, let alone Wrestlemania, Cena will somehow get involved and make it a triple threat, even know that wouldn't make any sense in storyline terms, why would Vickie allow Cena to be in the match? They'll probably use their usual way of getting out of a plot hole and say the board of directors intervened and added Cena to the match.

They'll probably use their usual way of getting out of a plot hole and say the board of directors intervened and added Cena to the match.

Or Steph/Shane come back and claim that the WWE title match is cross branded, so why not make the WHC match cross branded also? And here's Raw's candidate... Santino Marella :lol: Hell, maybe 2 Raw guys will be put in. Maybe Rey Mysterio or something. Can you imagine that? Edge v Rey v Cena v Show? Sadly though, it would probably end with Rey slipping off the top rope, barely hitting Show, and then getting the pin, while on the other side of the ring Edge is tapping out to the STF while the ref's counting the pin, thereby missing the tap out.

Rey managing to botch his way into making a super heavyweight look super weak and win the title all in one foul swoop.

I'd be lucky to make it out of the Reliant Center alive

I think Cena will be involved somehow, but then it will always be that Cena must be in a title match at WM. He hasn't been a standard match outside of the title since his WM match debut at WMXX (he cameoed at 19)

I still think we will see a Cena -vs- Big Show rematch in the next couple weeks with the #1 contendership on the line and Cena will get the win and challenge Edge at WM25 for the World's Championship. Big Show getting into the main event of WM even in a 3-way just makes no sense, and seriously, nobody wants to see a 3-way match for the title at WM25.

weird how they have edge take on cena on raw. it kinda negates their big match at wm if they are indeed going with this match. otherwise, a triple threat adding big show makes no sense whatsoever. they might as well throw in jericho for a fatal four way. i hope christian takes out the big show and then challenge edge for the title. that would be awesome.

Ok obviously Cena is going to actualy be in the match, your stupid if you dotn think so. This is the same thing they did with Wrestlemania 16 when it was originally supposed to be Big Show vs. triple H but the rock and mankind found their way in. Cena will either take Big Shows place leading to a possible NO DQ match at wrestlemania with cena vs. edge or be added to the match making it a tirple threat where he needs to overcome the odds. I think the first option is more likely though. Either way, what the WWE are doing right now is a good thing because its getting people talking and getting people interested to see where everything is going.

weird how they have edge take on cena on raw. it kinda negates their big match at wm if they are indeed going with this match. otherwise, a triple threat adding big show makes no sense whatsoever. they might as well throw in jericho for a fatal four way. i hope christian takes out the big show and then challenge edge for the title. that would be awesome.

Whilt I would love to see that happen chances are thats the furthest timg from anyones mind in creative. WWE is still pissed at christian for jumpping to TNA so he'll be on ECW for a while.

Cena is WWE's biggest face right now and the'd be stupid not to have him in a world title match Cena/Edge is the only logical choice for the WHC since a match with Big Show would simpily be "filler" material.

I say look for Cena to work his way into a rematch for the title at wrestlemania since Edge/big Show would suck and it looks like they're building up Y2J/Hogan/Lawler although a Cena/Hogan match would be good it leaves a big hole in the program where the WHC is concerned

I'm pretty sure Show is just doing 'that thing people do in American football where one person runs in front of another'.

This match obviously wasn't the original plan for Mania, and the pair have more or less fallen together after Big Dave injured himself. I think the WWE is conscious that most people have already seen Cena and Edge work together at some length, and they're worried that if they put them up against one another for six weeks then the feud will go stale.

It's also hard to deny, that when you compare the current state of the Cena/Edge feud, it's carrying far less momentum than Matt/Jeff, HHH/Orton and HBK/Taker. All three of those matches have that big Wrestlemania feel about them, whilst Cena and Edge feels to me like the kind of throw together feud used on one of the B PPVs.

So year, unless WWE have some special plan that creative forgot to inform me about, then I'd hypothesize that Show is simply involved to keep things fresh. Cena's not getting and momentum off of Edge, so they'll have him do the whole "underdog" thing, feud with the big monster over the No.1 contendership; then when he's finally carrying some heat, he'll get his title match with Edge.

Bigshow will get thrust into a match with Kane or JBL or somebody else who doesn't matter.

They aren't going to let Edge/Show headline wrestlemania it would be stupid in a number of ways. It might be possible for a 'B' PPV but not Wrestlemania - unless the real plan is for the winner of MITB to challange the winner of that match, and Cena has something else big planned. In which case it might make a little more sense, but still will be a pretty crappy match. Cena will probably just get written back into the match in all liklihood and it will be Edge/Cena, I can't even see Big Show been added to ake it a triple threat, it just doesnt make that much sense. Big Show will probably have a feud with MVP or some other mid-carder.

Cena will be i nthis match unless he wrestles Austin or Hogan or even Jericho. But my thought is they are throwing this whole "Cena isn't going to mania thing" to draw views to Smackdown! If you were a cena fan you would be curious every week to see if Cena gets a matchs so you will keep watching. So I say Cena will be added to the WHC match in either 2 or 3 weeks.

I just thought about it, all of u are right about the cena thing, but what happens if he ends up figuring out how to get a MITB position and goes into the match through there, as if Vickie wont let him in, and he finds out this is the loopwhole around the whole thing, because has anoyone paid any attention, so far we have Punk, Kane, Henry,

Cena vs. big show vs. edge will be the main event ............. i was watching the Vh1 top 20 countdown today and they were doing the show from a WWE event when asked about his match The show said he would be facing off against edge and cena in a triple threat for the title so that settles it .....Cena will be in the main event once again

Cena vs. big show vs. edge will be the main event ............. i was watching the Vh1 top 20 countdown today and they were doing the show from a WWE event when asked about his match The show said he would be facing off against edge and cena in a triple threat for the title so that settles it .....Cena will be in the main event once again

Yeah, that settled it alright! :smashfreakB:

Anyhow, no matter what happens I cannot see Big Show in a WrestleMania main event, just bad for business. Big Show should be wrestling on the mid-card of WM somewhere, maybe a big man match against Mark Henry or Kane, but they are already in MITB so that wont happen. How about something funny like Big Show -vs- Santino? It would give the crowd a good laugh and Big Show can finally get a win at WrestleMania after all these years.

Yes, of course Cena will be in the match. The problem is, we have the Main Event of last year's Wrestlemania in; Randy Orton vs Triple H all that is missing is Cena. If WWE has any sense, we wont see the same Main Event again, so that writes Cena out of the RAW Main event. So that only leaves Smackdown, Cena won't wrestle Hogan or Austin. But just think, Batista's injury rehab is going quicker than expected, could we see Batista/Cena II? Big Show/Edge COULD be a good match, If it has the right twist in it involving Vickie. But to be honest the easiest solution is for it to be a triple threat, unfourtunatly which I expect Cena will win by pinning Big Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back