CCS' 2009 WWE draft review

CCS

Getting Noticed By Management
First off, they should have had the draft in June again. Last year I was pumped up and ready for some change, this year I couldnt have cared less. But with that said, it was an ok draft. They've clearly established smackdown as the wrestling show, ECW as the young talent show, and Raw as the entertainment show. That's just like back in the day when Smackdown was beating Raw in ratings, so I'm excited to see how things will work out.

MVP to Raw - I like this move. MVP on Smackdown got old a while back. Now that he's on Raw he'll have a breathe of fresh air breathed into his career. MVP can have feuds with Kofi Kingston, Miz, or even Santino Marella. I expect MVP to do great things while on Raw, eventually taking a spot at the mainevent level.

Bigshow to Raw - I couldnt give less of a shit. He'll just float around like he always does. He'll have a couple of feuds that no one cares about and he'll chase the world title for a while. Basically the same old boring junk he's always done.

Melina to Smackdown and Maryse to Raw - Putting a good female wrestler on the wrestling brand is a great idea. They've basically made the Diva's title the title for girls with a nice ass, so that fits Raw perfectly. I like the switch. It builds both the brands the way WWE wants them to be. They've clearly made the Womens tite the wrestling title and the Diva's title the eye candy title. So the swap just makes sense.

Matt Hardy to Raw - Nice move here. Matt is a great mid-card heel that has potential to move up the ranks. He should have a lot of good mid-card feuds on Raw. They must be really high on him since they've pushed him over his mega over brother. They've had Matt win two consecutive matches over Jeff, then they draft Matt to the so called "A show" that's called a push, ladies and gentleman. Overall great move.

Triple H to Raw - Aw Fuck. I really enjoyed Raw over the time that Triple H wasnt showing his big nose there. But now I'm stuck with him again. Damn, just damn. The move does make sense though, so I cant bitch about it.

CM Punk to Smackdown - I figured this would happen. Punk had already become boring on Raw, so a move to the wrestling show was needed. I think they have big plans in store for Punk, he'll probably be one of the top faces on Smackdown and always be in contention for a title. More kids watch Smackdown and that's who they're targeting him towards, so the move is great.

Miz to Raw - He'll do good. It was nice to see Miz turn on Morrison instead of vise versa like most people thought would happen. Miz will probably get a nice push to the United States title over the summer. The guy plays a great heel that gets people pissed off easily. He should be a great part of Raw's mid-card.

Kane to Smackdown - Meh. Kane should have stayed on Raw where they need help at John Cena get picked here. But I'm sure Kane will have some crap feuds over on Smackdown just like he has on Raw. woot woot!!!!

Jericho to Smackdown - HELL YES!!!! Jericho is going to own on smackdown, mark my words. Now we have potential match ups against Undertaker, Jeff Hardy, and Edge. All of those are feuds that can go over 6 months long. I suspect that Jericho will be a constant maineventer on Smackdown, probably having the title a lot of the time too.

Vladamir Kozlov to ECW - They should've just did that in the supplemental draft. No one gave a shit about Kozlov, and I doubt they will when he's on ECW. I'm sure he'll be pushed to the moon, but I couldnt care less. Kozlov was hot back in the fall, now he's just meh.

Rey to Smackdown - I'm sooooo glad that happened. I was scared to death that they were going to unify the mid-card titles on Raw. So I marked out when I seen Mysterio on the screen to be drafted. It's a great move, now Smackdown has a mainevent level big star and a mid-card title. Rey will probably be maineventing on Smackdown by the summer.

Overall great draft. I just didnt care much about all the titles switching around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back