Did SmackDown! get too many superstars in the draft lottery?

OIL

Championship Contender
If you look at the SmackDown! roster you can see they are filled with exciting talent & big names. But I feel after the draft lottery, they got too many names. They gained Triple H, Jeff Hardy, Mr. Kennedy, Shelton Benjamin, Carlito & Umaga who are worth a mention.

While Umaga was always going to move, I feel they shouldn't have got Hardy and Kennedy. If they gained one, it would be fine, but with both and the combination of the other draft picks, the roster is over-filled with Main Event Superstars, most of which will be lingering in the mid-card position. It was already said that Mr. Kennedy will remain in the mid-card position, which is such a waste it's unbelieveable. If he was on RAW he could easily be in the Main Event picture.

Does anyone agree?

Exactly. Carlito needs more exposure as he is a good wrestler, and has a good gimmick. He should be in the US Title picture, or to freshen things up, put him in the WWE Title race. Long shot I know.

Kennedy seems to be getting a push at the moment, as he beat Shelton Benjamin last night on SD! While this might be a one off thing, Vince surely can hear how much that crowd was behind him. They have to push him more. They would be losing out big time if they didn't. He still has a ton of fueds left, including Triple H, Edge, MVP, Hardy ect.

The Raw team would have NEVER done anything with Carlito. He won the IC belt to mirror his US title win in his debut, and then everything else was tag storylines with Masters (God awful) then Flair (sumfin 4 Flair to do) and then Santino (which we all prayed would mean they'd get a push). Other than that he fought Sandman and no one cared, and then HHH when everyone else on HHH's level was injured or busy, and Carlito never won a match against HHH (big surprise). The fact that he hasn't been on TV since the draft shows where Carlito's WWE career is going.

Kennedy got an uber push on SD, not by pinning Taker once or some shit to fool us into thinkin he was a draw, but by being given *gasp* mic time!!! as well as beating like 8 former champs (if you wanna include Edge and Orton in MITB, i personally dont). Then he went to Raw, they were gonna push him further still, and then he got hurt (why they had to take MITB off him when he said he'd cash it at Mania, i don't understand), then he wudda bin Vince's killer, Benoit died. Then he wudda bin Vince's son!!!! Got suspended the week b4 it happened. He comes back, put him in fued with Regal, Regal gets suspended. Few burchill matches to pass time, drafted, done nothing since. Thought they'd giv him a fued w/ MVP but it looks like Jeff is getting that slot. Fate most of the time has screwed Kennedy outta a decent programme w/ WWE. Since winning MITB, he's become a joke in the ring. I keep thinking, Ken cud probably beat this ME guy and is always booked to lose.

I personally am just happy HHH isn't on Raw anymore and Batista isnt on SD personally. But i do agree that Jeff shudda stayed on Raw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back