Can THE FANS make the WWE authority angle to just stop?

my point is instead of crying about it either stop watching wwe or just watch it and stop bitching about it. crying about it on here is not going to change things the only way it will is if wwe sees a bigger drop in ratings merchandising sales drop attendance at raw smackdow ppl etc.. drop while they are making money and getting reaction for the fans it wont change

my point is instead of crying about it either stop watching wwe or just watch it and stop bitching about it.

I see this often. And that's one of the most stupid comments you can say. :rolleyes:

You think people that watch their hockey-team, football-team, should'nt have opinions when their team sucks?

"They shoudln't cry about it and just stop watching".

No they will criticize until it gets better, and that's normal behaviour and fully understandable.

I see this often. And that's one of the most stupid comments you can say.

You think people that watch their hockey-team, football-team, should'nt have opinions when their team sucks?

"They shoudln't cry about it and just stop watching".

No they will criticize until it gets better, and that's normal behaviour and fully understandable.

No, it's quite unstable and unhinged, actually, to believe that your opinion should influence a billion dollar company. Normal behavior is to root for your favorite team when they're playing, whether they're good or bad.

my point is instead of crying about it either stop watching wwe or just watch it and stop bitching about it. crying about it on here is not going to change things the only way it will is if wwe sees a bigger drop in ratings merchandising sales drop attendance at raw smackdow ppl etc.. drop while they are making money and getting reaction for the fans it wont change

Are you aware you are on a forum that discusses the WWE? What did you think was going to happen here?

The whole purpose of this place is to do exactly what you are telling us not to, worse yet you are participating in the discussion(to an extent) which is only to tell us not to have a discussion.

Yep, alarm bells are ringing Willy.

No, it's quite unstable and unhinged, actually, to believe that your opinion should influence a billion dollar company. Normal behavior is to root for your favorite team when they're playing, whether they're good or bad.

If you are sheep. :cool:

But if you want your team/product to be better, you speak up about it.

That's the difference between sheeps, and normal humans.

If you are sheep.

But if you want your team/product to be better, you speak up about it.

That's the difference between sheeps, and normal humans.

No, normal humans consume things they like, and they do not consume things they do not like. Mentally ill humans try and complain and change the things that they do not like. It's a severe self-centeredness.

If I don't like cheeseburgers, I don't try and get the world to change what a cheeseburger is, I just don't eat cheeseburgers. What kind of psychopath would try and change what millions of other people actually DO like because they aren't getting their way?

And I want HHH and Steph to stay in charge because I truly appreciate the product more when things work like this. And I'm in the massive majority.

Again, if you're in the majority, FUCKING prove it! Don't just run your goddamn mouth when its all bullshit coming out.

Ratings are down. Domestic attendance is down. Network subscription numbers are so much lower than expected that they are crippling the budget. Live crowds are apathetic as shit and are essentially sitting on their hands hoping against hope that something, anything, interesting might actually happen.

And the Authority storyline is completely to blame for ALL OF IT.

Those are the facts. You are in the massive minority. You're a sheep and an apologist and most of the rest of us aren't. Deal with it.

No, normal humans consume things they like, and they do not consume things they do not like. Mentally ill humans try and complain and change the things that they do not like. It's a severe self-centeredness.

If I don't like cheeseburgers, I don't try and get the world to change what a cheeseburger is, I just don't eat cheeseburgers. What kind of psychopath would try and change what millions of other people actually DO like because they aren't getting their way?

So your saying, cheeseburgers, and psychopaths in the same argument.

Worst argument ever.

Yikes, you must be a WWE-employee :) Or their writer. Not even here you make sense :lmao:

Again, if you're in the majority, FUCKING prove it! Don't just run your goddamn mouth when its all bullshit coming out.

Ratings are down. Domestic attendance is down. Network subscription numbers are so much lower than expected that they are crippling the budget. Live crowds are apathetic as shit and are essentially sitting on their hands hoping against hope that something, anything, interesting might actually happen.

And the Authority storyline is completely to blame for ALL OF IT.

Those are the facts. You are in the massive minority. You're a sheep and an apologist and most of the rest of us aren't. Deal with it.

The network is low because of idiots that keep paying full price for PPVs and dont want to be conformist. The WWE underestimated the stupidity of hardcore fans.

Ratings are down MORE on all television than WWE. ALL television is down in ratings. Picking out one show is just dishonest.

Domestic attendance is exactly where is always is.

But, keep frothing at the mouth raging about making the product how you'd like it.

The network is low because of idiots that keep paying full price for PPVs and dont want to be conformist. The WWE underestimated the stupidity of hardcore fans.
If everyone still buying the PPVs stopped and ordered the network instead, they'd still be TENS OF THOUSANDS of subscriptions below where they need to be for what was budgeted. And the stock prices reflect it.

Facts.

Ratings are down MORE on all television than WWE. ALL television is down in ratings. Picking out one show is just dishonest.
That accounts for longterm drop, not week to week plummeting and historic lows.

Facts.
Domestic attendance is exactly where is always is.
November 2013 average live event attendance: 4,957.

November 2014 average live event attendance: 3,710.

That's a drop of more than 25% in one year.

I'm assuming from this conversation that your IQ is quite low and math is probably tough for you, so I'll break it down- that's a big number Billy.

Facts.

But, keep frothing at the mouth raging about making the product how you'd like it.

I'm not frothing, I only swear for dramatic effect and drive home the point of how dense you must be to just not "get it".

I don't need the product to be "how I want it", I'd just like to see it be watchable, so that the biggest company in the world, with the most talented roster of any promotion not named New Japan, would allow us to actually see that roster thrive instead of see any interest that still exists slowly dwindle. When WWE is doing well, the national perception of pro wrestling is heightened, as a wrestling fan that's what I want to see.

Luckily for me there are better products out there for me to get my fix for quality pro wrestling, but that still doesn't mean I'm giving up on WWE. I'm just sad that WWE appears to have given up on us.

Now respond with more self-serving apologetic lies to defend your corporate giant, that we can all laugh and roll our eyes at.

To say casual fans on the majority enjoy the Authority would be ridiculous. I certainly don't know anyone from the age of 14 or younger who were happy with their presence. In fact my 12 year old sister said she wasn't gonna watch any WWE until Ziggler, Ryback and Rowan are put back on the show (I'm sure she will in the end) but that does mean the Authority is having its desired effect. It means when the faces fight the Authority out of power they'll have a much larger support behind them. The fact they are fulfilling their purpose is the only reason I don't mind them on television, as long as they execute it right and it gives the right pay-off to the deserving wrestlers.
Just a sidenote, if Ziggler's popularity is just being used to get someone else over at his expense and he's getting no push himself from this then I am DONE... and will follow up with a 2000 word essay on how pathetic their creative team is. You've been warned, WWE.

The fans can make any angle stop if they put in the effort. Far too many quiet crowds, which I suppose is due to the younger audience so it inevitable.

To be fair, people who say "The majority" tend to by default confuse themselves with the masses. It seems to me that they get a strong reaction from the crowd, but not in a way that suggests the majority legitimately dislikes them.

In contrast to Kane or the Miz, who get little reaction at all.

WWE programming has some serious problems. The Authority can be an example of that. Truth be told though without The Authority, Daniel Bryan would have never become so popular, Seth Rollins would never be able to stay such an effective heel, Ryback would be far less over, and Sting's arrival may have been purposeless. Going further between Lesnar and The Authority I'd go as far as saying that "fans" are finally getting what they have asked for from Cena. He has looked flawed as both a human being and competitor.

That being said, what I watched last night was pretty awful. But then again, other than last week, what I watched with or without The Authority since Mania has been pretty awful. Raw has become something I watch when nothing else is on or if something big has happened or I expect it to happen. But that isn't because of The Authority, they can be funny at times (the Cena Appreciation Night music was hilarious) and when they do get screwed it can be a good time. There are far more talents that do nothing for me.

But if you want them gone turn off the TV when they appear. Don't go to shows or walk out when they come out. Write your congressman. But know that what you see as your opinion is not necessarily shared as strongly by "the fans" if at all.

The Authority is beyond tiresome; their promos and antics are the same every time. I hope they get the "Boring" treatment from fans, but I guess that's too much to ask from those that chant "This is awesome!" at anything above average. Triple-H will have a smirk on his face, Stephanie will be yelling with a masculine voice, matches featuring The Authority's guys will either end in a DQ or with a screwed finish. Everything they do comes off as predictable and boring to me. Not surprised to see the usual suspect defending WWE, btw.

The only way fans have a say is by not watching.... that means on TV as ratings dip and by going to live events...

but the latter half of that isn't happening as they basically sell out everywhere they go...

the only voice fans have is with their money and eyes.... internet rage means nothing...

but yes, I'd imagine if numbers dipped to an extremely low point, things would change. Until then, WWE will do what it wants and how it wants because there's no competition anymore.

Okay, but you are so off the mark with your analogy you have written the counterpoint to it and I'm not even sure if you are aware of it.

Let's say I do like cheeseburgers, but the cheeseburger I just got served was cold, had a hair in it and looked half cooked. Would you eat it, throw it away or ask for another cheeseburger?

I personally would ask for another cheeseburger, which is what I am doing in this thread.

And someone else made a point that fans don't change the direction of the a billion dollar company like the WWE, and I have two words for that, BOO TISTA.

People are obviously feed up with Triple H and his ego taking the spotlight for 30 minutes on every RAW, with the same segments, time after time...
He did it last Wrestlemania and after it too but people werent complaining then. And he really does it briliantly(evethough I am not the fan of HHH sticking his nose in every mainevent). His role is to get out there and make fans hate him and he succeds in that. Mentions his friend Mark(that was pretty funny though), mentions how fans secretly wanted him back after computer GM, Hogan and others and stuff like that which appeals not only fans in Arena but most of IWC.

Point is, he and Steph do their roles briliantly, but unlike last year, product is bad. Last year you had Bryan with "Yes chants", Shield and Wyatts on the rise and stuff like that. Now you have Authority vs Cena(curentlly), Champion who didnt defended title since end of september and stuff like that. So Authority is part of the problem, but truth is overall product sucks. They will need to get better with Rumble because last night RAW was dissaster.

Will Authority angle stop before Mania? Definitly no, no mather what fans do. They seem to be determent for now. Maybe if they have half empty Arenas or reactions they get are bland. But dont see it happening, its Wrestlemania season after all. ;)

While it may not make sense in the storyline, I think have the Authority makes Raw better. A good heel, especially and authority figure, adds to the broadcast, and makes it more real. And it is a lot better than having "Guest GM's" every week with no continuity.

I'm just wondering where WWE is taking this heading onto the road to WrestleMania. Obviously the talk is Triple H vs. Sting, but how the authority angle will play on that match makes me ponder.

While it may not make sense in the storyline, I think have the Authority makes Raw better. A good heel, especially and authority figure, adds to the broadcast, and makes it more real. And it is a lot better than having "Guest GM's" every week with no continuity.

I'm just wondering where WWE is taking this heading onto the road to WrestleMania. Obviously the talk is Triple H vs. Sting, but how the authority angle will play on that match makes me ponder.

How about no on-air GM or "authority" at all? Worked fine in wrestling for decades. The evil boss angle has been beaten to death. Time for some new angles.

The Authority is beyond tiresome; their promos and antics are the same every time. I hope they get the "Boring" treatment from fans, but I guess that's too much to ask from those that chant "This is awesome!" at anything above average. Triple-H will have a smirk on his face, Stephanie will be yelling with a masculine voice, matches featuring The Authority's guys will either end in a DQ or with a screwed finish. Everything they do comes off as predictable and boring to me. Not surprised to see the usual suspect defending WWE, btw.

That would be awesome and make them listen.

I hope the boring chants starts at monday.

They need to end this storyline quick and get Triple H/Authority out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back