• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can Hulk Hogan Ever Return To The WWE?

Also, the only real leverage that Hogan could have to hold out for a bigger payday is that he will go to the competition and recreate the Monday Night Wars and compete with Vince on that level, and as he has shown the last few years in TNA, he wasn't able to do that.

I think that TNA has realized that they got duped by Hogan and probably won't resign him at the end of his current contract, I highly doubt that ROH would want anything to do with him, He doesn't have the money to start his own promotion, and all of the bitching that he did about his last two runs with WWE probably earned him a lot of negative feelings from the WWE end... Hogan screwed Hogan.

If there's money to be made, they'll have him back in a heartbeat and just like the other posters said, if Sean Waltman, Kim Kardashian, Mike Tyson, MVP, etc could be included in the WWE in some capacity then I don't see how/why this would be any different.

I'm not going to comment on the validity of this since it could be total bs, but the story is that it was taped without his knowledge and being released against his wishes so I don't see how they'd hold the tape against him.

He can come back tomorrow and get the biggest crowd reaction in years.

Probably, but in some ways, his legend has been somewhat tarnished by his failure to attract a large following in some of the ventures he's engaged the past few years, from TNA to his "Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling" (or whatever the hell it was). I figure he presumed that everyone would follow anything he did, and now that he knows it isn't so, he might be a little easier to work with, perhaps more willing to work within the structure set up by WWE rather than looking to dictate his own terms.

Vince McMahon is a great promoter and has shown a willingness to work with anyone whom he figures will benefit his business. On the other hand, one would think it'd be hard for him to welcome back a man who made a humungous effort to take down his old wrestling company with his new one.

WWE is all about making money. If they thought they could milk more cash outta one more Hogan run, they would. With WWE starting to focus on making new stars, it wouldn't be smart to have Hogan return. Him returning would only make sense if he came back to help out the younger guys. Otherwise, it's pointless.

He can. Hes Hogan. He shouldnt, its an awful idea, hes old, he cant move. But can he? Yeah, why not? Anything can happen in the WWE.

I would hate to see Hogan back in the WWE honestly.

Since his feud with The Rock I have not really been interested in anything he has done. Especially when he was not willing to put Michaels over. His ego simply causes problems in presenting plausible storylines.

If he was willing to put other people over he could be a huge asset. And could easily make another run due to his pure money making capability ... but if he is just going to squash somebody and end up with "total creative control" then he hurts the product more than he helps it and does not leave any money making behind when he goes.

As far as Vince and all that ... they would all get along for the right price, they always do. But the right price would probably include too many concessions from one side to make it work any time soon.

Hulk going back to WWE would be huge and would bring in a massive amount of additional revenue for the company...no brainer.

Also, Bret Hart came back albeit briefly. Bret had a massive amount of history and 'bad vibes' with the company.

Honestly, I'm still pissed as a wrestling fan that Hulk Hogan returned and defeated both Shawn Michaels and Randy Orton. Both guys basically carried their respective feuds with The Hulkster and ended up losing when Hogan should've lost instead. The only person Hogan ever really put over in WWE was The Rock. And at that point in Rock's WWE career, he didn't even need it to be legit anyway. Story of Hogan's career, no? Just ask Billy Kidman. Hogan doesn't pass the torch unless he knows it'll light that motha on fire.

To by completely honest if Hulk Hogan showed up on RAW the night after WM28 I would not give a shit at all. Yeah maybe he could return but for what reason, battle John Cena? I will admit I was a huge Hulkamaniac in the late 80's early 90's but as time went on I grew up and became more aware of the inter-workings of the business. This is when I became to hate Hogan and everything he stood for, which in real life was himself. He cares nothing about the business and others who work in it, it is all about him in his eyes. As a matter of fact with all the bullshit he has been saying over the last few years i doubt he would get much of a reaction if he came back anyway, at least not the way he used to.

Honestly, I'm still pissed as a wrestling fan that Hulk Hogan returned and defeated both Shawn Michaels and Randy Orton. Both guys basically carried their respective feuds with The Hulkster and ended up losing when Hogan should've lost instead. The only person Hogan ever really put over in WWE was The Rock. And at that point in Rock's WWE career, he didn't even need it to be legit anyway. Story of Hogan's career, no? Just ask Billy Kidman. Hogan doesn't pass the torch unless he knows it'll light that motha on fire.

I thought it was kind of cool when Hogan returned and wrestled Shawn Micheals, I wasn't pissed off he won at all and I thought the way Micheals over sold everything was hilarious and just added to the nostalgia of Hogan being in the main event just like old times. I didn't expect him to beat randy orton but Hogans legacy was tarnished a bit in his original return back to wwe in 2001-2003 because he jobbed to quite a few guys and was made to look pretty weak.

The funny thing is though even though he jobbed to the rock he still used the match to return to his Hulkamania character and win the belt hahaha!

I don't want to see him return to wwe though and I think his last run in wwe was a pretty good one to end it on.

why cant he. I dont fully understand why people would think he couldnt. He helped put WWE on the spot, infact pro wrestling itself on the spot.
wrestlers have done far worse and came back.

Also, the only real leverage that Hogan could have to hold out for a bigger payday is that he will go to the competition and recreate the Monday Night Wars and compete with Vince on that level, and as he has shown the last few years in TNA, he wasn't able to do that.

I think that TNA has realized that they got duped by Hogan and probably won't resign him at the end of his current contract, I highly doubt that ROH would want anything to do with him, He doesn't have the money to start his own promotion, and all of the bitching that he did about his last two runs with WWE probably earned him a lot of negative feelings from the WWE end... Hogan screwed Hogan.

or according to Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Mick Foley and some others, they each went there with the intention of doing great things but the powers that be were happy to be just existing and didn't want to risk losing everything so they were shackled so to speak.

why cant he. I dont fully understand why people would think he couldnt. He helped put WWE on the spot, infact pro wrestling itself on the spot.
wrestlers have done far worse and came back.

Think you are missing something and something that few others have done and been able to return to Vince's graces

Hogan has each time tried to do what he could to topple WWE, which in itself is not hanous Vince would do the same, but Vince took him back 3 times now and each time he's done a prima donna and walked out when he wasn't kept in his Hulkamania face of the company role, getting paid the most, getting the air time.

not to mention his issues outside of the ring which would be dragged into WWE PR issues. 3 strikes and your out.

as an semi-onscreen role, awesome but not regular and tarnish even further what was the greatest "character/name" in sports entertainment for many decades.

the only way Hogan could have worked in any capacity in the last few years for the WWE outside of a HOF apperance for the NWO....

Is as the Anonymous General Manager.

I'm sure Hulk Hogan could come back, and I don't think it's beneath the wrestling business (what is at this point?) for it to happen, but it definitely shouldn't. A 58 year old man returning to the WWE in a wrestling capacity insults my intelligence, it's almost as bad as Ric Flair continuing to wrestle.

Hulk Hogan has a lot of health issues. I think Hulk Hogan needs to stop wrestling and simply be a manager of other wrestlers. Hulk Hogan can appear on TV as a manager of other wrestlers and as administration but he needs to stop wrestling. What Hulk Hogan needs to do is to train some new wrestlers to be the next generation of Hulkamaniacs.

As far as putting over Shawn Michaels; Shawn Michaels is nearing the twilight of his career as well. As far as putting over Randy Orton, Randy Orton doesn't need it.

TNA needs Hulk Hogan more than Hulk Hogan needs TNA.

Hulk Hogan should not wrestle anymore. Remember Bobby Heenan? Bobby Heenan became a manager; the time was right. Hulk Hogan could bring back managers and make managers a cool gimmick again. Hulk Hogan should train the next generation of Hulkamaniacs that will take his place in the wrestling world.

Hulk Hogan is and always will be the first real global superstar that the world ever took notice of. Without him, current forms of pro wrestling/entertainment wouldn't exist. I equate this thread to the one about Jeff Hardy. WWE would only accept Hogan back under the right circumstances[i.e. less money than he'd probably want, more dates, less control creatively, etc].

As long as money can be made off of Hulk Hogan, WWE will do it. They continue to make projects involving Hogan himself, like the WWE All-Stars game and the re-release of "No Holds Barred". That proves that WWE would use him if they thought it would benefit the company's bottom line and improve ratings. Will it happen? Maybe. Although it seems like The Hulkster is content to ****e his name out to the highest bidder with multiple projects not related to WWE.

Vince would bring Hogan back! Vince still loves the guy, Hogan made him millions and made the company the way it is today! If Vince brought Hogan back in 2002 after he was in WCW and almost took him out business, then Vince would bring him back. Also, Vince would make money if Hogan came back to the WWE. Hogan won't be wrestling but he would make special appearance's and host some show's on WWE classics or the new network show.

In the world of professional wrestling, anything is possible. I don't want to see him wrestle since he had so many back surgeries, but a return in a limited non wrestling capacity.

Of course he can. Vince has stated many times that anything can happen in the wrestling business. Hell if Bret Hart can come back, all Vince would have to do is wave a bunch of money in Hogan's face like a big fat carrot and he'll come hobbling back. The thing is, everyone hates him in the WWE. He's made a lot of enemies over the years an stepped on a lot of toes. In fact he's still doing it. All he does is spread lies and still continues to pump up his ego and be in the spotlight. It's saying something when a man who is close to 60 is still wearing a bandana and living a wrestling personae on a daily basis to try and cling to any shred of the golden years.

Look, there's no denying his lasting legacy in the wrestling business, but as a person Hogan is complete scum. Real wrestling fans know his legacy was tarnished a long time ago, but the average person who knows little to nothing about wrestling will see him and think, wow, it's Hulk Hogan! He's a legend! They don't know or care about him as a person. Hey, if he shows up to entertain, that's great, but I'm not losing sight of the fact that Hogan is garbage. He needs to hang up his wrestling character. It'll be even more sad and pathetic when we see him still dressing up like a Halloween costume when he pushes his 70's.

So can he come back? Yes, but will he? Probably never. Vince and Co. have really roasted him over the years because they know what kind of a jerk he really is. I can't see them luring him back. The only way I could see him ever stepping into a WWE ring is if Vince passes away and Triple H lured him in. But I'd hope Paul is smarter than that. Hogan is not good for business anymore.

Hulk Hogan will always be welcome in the WWE...... There is not much he could do to prevent him ever being on the show again.

I doubt China will be at Raw 1000, but I bet if he was not contracted to TNA Hogan almost certainly would have been.

Can he? I'm pretty sure he could eventually. Isn't he contracted to TNA for a few more years or something?

I think he'd be great in am ambassador role for WWE. Maybe he could play a Jack Tunney type role in his later years on TV? I'd mark like hell if he came back with his original theme of Eye Of the Tiger again.

Yes he can. He can walk through the WWE door whenever he wanted to. Unless TNA has something in his contract that says he can’t. But I think even then he could and would and the WWE would gladly pay whatever fine TNA handed to him. This had to of been one of those threads that I'm bored and I just want to start anything type of threads. So lazy.

Hogan will be at the 1000th Raw. Why would the WWE redo No Holds Barred without some sort of deal being made with the Hulkster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back