Calgary Region, Second Round: (14) Rockers vs. (19) Beer Money

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Rockers

• Beer Money

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the Calgary Region. It's a standard tag team match held in the Calgary Saddledome.

front.jpg

rockers2.jpg

14. Rockers

Vs.

25087.jpg

19. Beer Money

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for FOUR days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

I'm going to go with Beer Money on this one. Although the Rockers were the AWA's top team they were never the top team in WWF during their run together where Beer Money was pretty much the best team in TNA for their entire existence, much of that time was spent as the top team as well. In many ways they brought some focus back to tag team wrestling at a time all focus on it was pretty much non existent which is a testament to how good of a team they were. The Rockers were a great team in their own right but they were easily lost in the shuffle considering how many great teams existed back then, not just in the WWF but the NWA as well which can work against them in a situation like this.

The #1 reason I put Beer Money over The Rockers is what Beer Money did for the careers of both James Storm and Bobby Roode. Through their work as Beer Money Inc. they were both able to transition into top stars in TNA immediately, James Storm was technically TNA champ when Beer Money was together and the night they split up Roode became TNA champ and both went on to have the top feud in TNA, that is something Shawn and Marty can't say. The breakup of The Rockers was highly memorable, but ultimately it was the beginning of the end for Marty and although it was the beginning of HBK, it was really Michaels singles work that eventually made him a solid mid-carder and later the top guy in WWF. Beer Money by itself was enough to make James Storm TNA's top face and Roode TNA's top heel and to me, that's a lot more impressive than anything The Rockers ever did.

Vote Beer Money.

Going with Beer Money here. They seem to always come out on top over high-flying teams- MCMG, London & Kendrick in the First Round- I don't think it will be any different here with The Rockers even though they are legendary compared to MCMG and Londrick. They would give Storm & Roode a challenge with their amazing speed and agility, but I think Beer Money will be stronger and smart enough to get the victory. Beer bottle to Michaels behind the ref's back, DWI to Jannetty. Beer Money move on.

People need to remember The Rockers barely did anything in WWE. Yes Shawn Michaels would go on to become a Hall Of Famer but in The Rockers he didn't really do anything noteworthy. Honestly aside from him kicking Marty Jannety in the face what did The Rockers do of note?

Compared to Beer Money who were dominant as fuck in TNA beating pretty much everyone and having match of the year candidates with Motor City Machineguns 3D etc.

I have to go with Beer Money as well. The Rockers just never really impressed me as a team. They were maybe the third or fourth best team of their own era. With Beer Money I've noticed even the staunchest TNA haters seem to give them respect. I could see them pulling off a couple upsets in this tourney.

EDIT: By their era I mean their time in the WWF. I am aware of the time spent in other feds but most know them from their time in the WWF.

I'm going with the Rockers on the grounds that second or third best in the WWF during the late 80s was still heads and tails better than being best in TNA at the time Beer Money had its run. On any given day, the Rockers were facing The Brain Busters, The Hart Foundation, Demolition, The Orient Express (aka Badd Company) and The Fabulous Rougeaus...in short, some of the best top rated teams in this tournament. In terms of classic matches, the Rockers were involved in a series of amazing Iron Man matches with the Rougeaus, they beat the Hart Foundation in a best 2 out of 3 match in a tag team title match that was reversed for largely political/contractual i.e. non-wrestling reasons, and had one of the all time greatest feuds with Anderson and Blanchard. Frankly, there's a reason they are ranked 14 amongst all these teams for a reason.

Winners: The Rockers

Going with Beer Money here. They seem to always come out on top over high-flying teams- MCMG, London & Kendrick in the First Round- I don't think it will be any different here with The Rockers even though they are legendary compared to MCMG and Londrick. They would give Storm & Roode a challenge with their amazing speed and agility, but I think Beer Money will be stronger and smart enough to get the victory. Beer bottle to Michaels behind the ref's back, DWI to Jannetty. Beer Money move on.

This is where I'm at, although I could still be swayed back to voting for The Rockers. Although they were a very exciting, innovative team I think the strength and dirty tactics of Beer Money would get the heels the victory here. I think the beer bottle would definitely come into play here, and could be the deciding factor in the match. I don't think Beer Money would win clean, but they'll find a way to sneak through.

The Rockers were a cheap imitation of the RnRs. Even in the AWA they did little. Storm and Roode would have destroyed them.

Wow, I'm surprised Beer Money is winning by so much. As a life long WWE fan that admittedly doesn't always give TNA a lot of credit I'm a little surprised at myself for being one of the people to vote for Beer Money. Beer Money was always one of my favorite acts from what little of TNA I've seen. I think they could have easily fit into WWE. Rockers vs. Beer Money would have been a good match and could have been a good rivalry. When I imagine the match bell to bell I see Beer Money sneaking a dirty win after being on the receiving end of a lot of high flying offense.

The Rockers deserve some love because they did have some good matches before coming to WWF. That seems to get overshadowed by Jannetty jokes and the fact HBK is fucking awesome.

Fact still is that Beer Money takes this one & deservedly so. They really have been one of the consistently solid things about TNA & their success has launched Roode\Storm into main event stars. Two great talents, one sneaky team. If they were fighting HBK and someone, then this would be closer. Problem is that this is neon tassles Shawn Michaels & he may have been good, but not good enough to get the job done here.

Beer Money to round 3

Very surprised to see Beer Money up so much in this one. I do agree that The Rockers were a blatant rip off of the Rock n Roll Express, even called the Midnight Rockers in the AWA, which was to combine the Midnight and Rock n Roll Express to form a team that rocked after hours apparently.

Either way Beer Money dominated TNA's Tag Team division for a long time, and in an actual match, I could see them somehow winning, but they would get rolled up for a 3 count and get mad and put Marty Janetty in the hospital.

I voted The Rockers and immediately regret it. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back