Calgary Region, First Round: (14) Rockers vs. (51) Usos

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Rockers

• Usos

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Calgary Region. It's a standard tag team match held in the Calgary Saddledome.

front.jpg

rockers2.jpg

14. Rockers

Vs.

usos_best717_Photo_021_crop_exact.jpg

51. Usos

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for THREE days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

Did you know The Usos have lasted longer in WWE than The Rockers did? Did you know The Usos have won more titles in WWE than The Rockers did? Did you know that doesn't matter to me? Sometimes the stats just don't add up to the final result. This is one of those times. The Rockers split up over 20 years ago and are still remembered as one of the all time great tag teams. I don't think people will remember the Usos as fondly 20 years from now. Plus The Rockers have their AWA success to fall back on. Rockers to round two.

Action Bronson has a song entitled The Rockers, in which he references the Rockers signature white boots as well as Marty Jannetty's dropkick. I love Bronsoliño, and if he endorses The Rockers, that is good enough for me.

On the real, The Rockers are one of those teams I think of when I think classic tag team wrestling. They were innovative, they gelled well, and they were super over for a pretty decent chunk of time...so I'm told. The Usos are great and could potentially reach a solid middle of the road seed in this tournament one day, but until then it is The Rockers all day.

The Rockers may've been derivative of the Rock N' Roll Express, but for my money, they were the far superior team, and the uncrowned champions of the WWF during the late 80s. There's no way a team like the Usos are putting Janetty and Michaels out this early in the game.

Winners: The Rockers

Tough draw for the Uso's here. The Rockers are a team that are remembered fondly (and rightly so). They were very innovative for the time they wrestled in and had the Uso's been around in that time they would have a lot of votes here. Sadly the Uso's came about in a big down time for tag team wrestling in WWE. They are one of the few true teams in the business right now and have actually done some good work. They were not booked well for a very long time and are now starting to get booked well for the last few months. Sadly for them though, possibly the strongest era of tag team wrestling in WWE is still remembered, that being the Hardyz, Dudlyez, and E&C.

Those 3 teams took tag team wrestling to new heights and then other teams were always there to be brought into the mix, The APA, NOA, Brothers of Destruction. The Uso's are the top of a weak tag team divison and it is likely they will go out in this first round, but they could have done well if not paired up with The Rockers

If you had to vote for the greatest tag team in wrestling right now, I still don't think The Usos would win. The Uso's are the current generation's version of The Rockers. Only problem is they're doing the same exact thing in 2014 and The Rockers were doing it in the late 80s before it was commonplace.

I'm not a massive fan of the Uso's, I'm not even a great fan on the WWe at this moment in time (but that's a discussion for another day). Having said that, I have to put them over the Rockers - the Rockers were not a 'great' in their time, they were the equivalent of midcarders in the tag division. That they were great to watch is neither here nor there, if that was an argument guys like Hogan and Warrior wouldn't get anywhere in the WZ Tournament. Likewise, their accomplishments in the AWA are all very nice but how well have Mr Perfect and Rick Martel done out of being AWA World Title Champions in the WZ Tournament?

Simply - the Uso's have been on top of the WWe Tag Division for over 200 days and have been involved in top storylines with John Cena. The Rockers... were a steady curtain jerker act.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back