Calgary Region, Philly Subregion: First Round: (4) Vader vs. (29) Bob Orton

Who Wins This Match

• Vader

• Bob Orton

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a first round match in the Calgary Region.

This match takes place in the First Union Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

PHL_First_Union_Center_4.jpg

#4 Vader

vader.jpg

Vs.

#29 Bob Orton

bob_orton_jr_57323.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

I'm going to have go with Vader. Bob Orton will have the trusty cast on his arms as always but I'm sure Vader will go after all since I don't think he's going to be surprised by it. Vader is tougher, stronger, more agile, and just better than Orton. I have Vader winning at the 15 minute mark.

Orton having the cast on his arm will certainly give him much more of a shot in this match, but I'll still be choosing Vader here. Vader is a beat of a man and despite his size he was rather agile. Plus Vader ain't stupid. The cast won't really bother Vader here, as he is one tough SOB and getting hit with the cast probably won't effect Vader that much. While I do think Vader is a bit overrated around these parts, but he still is better than Cowboy Bob and will take this matchup.

He's big, he's bad and he's going to crush Bob Orton horribly. Vader wins this match without question. Vader has made a career out of hurting people and being tough. I don't think I need to remind everyone about the Stan Hansen incident. Orton's no pushover himself, but he made his career out of hanging around Roddy Piper, something which won't help him here, especially if Vader has Harley Race with him. Vader's beaten the best of the best, Orton's not really had any major wins over his career. Vader takes this one with relative ease. Vadersault ends this one and sends Bob packing.

Vader takes this, Orton was a tough guy but nowhere near as tough as BVV, the guy was an animal and as we all know very agile for a man of his size. He won titles all over the world. Simply put, Vader has to go over here.

Unless Bob Orton attaches some 3 inch long spikes onto his cast, effectively turning it into a morningstar, Vader wins this match, EASILY. Trying to superplex or piledrive The Mastadon is a task not even the most brave (or foolish) man would take upon himself. And as noted before, unless Orton changes that cast into a lethal weapon, he's not going to be able to out-brawl Vader. Vader rolls over Orton with ease in this first match.

Yea, Vader would make alot of cruiserweights blush with his moonsaults. He would KO alot of boxers with his haymakers and Vader is better in every aspect than Orton. This doesn't last more than 7 minutes. I'd like to see Randy try to interfere and get his face smashed by BVV.

Big Van Van goes over easily here. He's one of the most athletic big men of all time. He could do things some cruiserweights of today wouldn't even dream of. Vader was one of the toughest men to ever grace the ring and an all-time favorite of mine. If Vader hasn't yet won you over, go back and take a look at his work on "Boy Meets World" that'll tell ya all you need to know about the big meng.

Vader is just too fast, strong and big for good ol' papa Orton. Orton could put on a good showing but in the end Vader would crush him. Nasty power shots and a finisher or two to finish it early in the match. Vader being one of the toughest men in the biz does not help Orton either. I don't even think the cast would be enough to put down Vader. Maybe a few running shots would rock the big guy, but he'd just end up crushing the poor guy.

It's time, it's time, it's Vader time!

Bob Orton may be the world's greatest beneficiary of what I'm going to call reverse nepotism. In actuality, he was a crap heel who hung around with the important wrestlers from time to time. Because of who his son is, and the WWE's desire to make Randy a big deal, Bob's contribution has been exaggerated.

The overrating of Vader will kick in later on in the tournament, but for now, he deserves to go over a career nobody.

Vader is far to massive for Bob Orton to overcome. The size of Vader mixed with his speed and brutality should would be more then enough to incapacitate Orton for the 3 count. In fact, I would consider Orton lucky to get out of this match without getting powerbombed on the outside of the ring. Vader is to big and to bad to go out in the first round.

Vader's going to absolutely fucking dominate this region; I was watching some of his matches last week, and holy shit was this man ridiculous. He's a bulldozer that flattens his opponents in such a dominating way that people don't even notice his incredible agility until he hits the moonsault. Even though this match might not be booked to be a total squash; it still has Vader's name written all over it.

And lulz at Orton's silly little cast being an equalizer; Vader had his fucking eyeball poked out during a match and he still chose to continue.

Vadar will crush Orton in less than 5 minutes in a match. He will even let Orton use the cast on him just to show his toughness before he finishes him off. Bang bang boom all over.

Bob Orton may be the world's greatest beneficiary of what I'm going to call reverse nepotism. In actuality, he was a crap heel who hung around with the important wrestlers from time to time. Because of who his son is, and the WWE's desire to make Randy a big deal, Bob's contribution has been exaggerated.

Perfect evaluation of Bob Orton at this point. This is a squash, no questions about it, and I'm happy to see that the poll reflects this thus far.

Bob has nothing on Vader here. A cast doesn't save him. His pink hat doesn't save him. Vader holds the physical advantage, as well as likely the psychological one. Bob historically plays a stooge for better, badder heels, and they don't come badder than Vader.

Out of kayfabe, Tasty hit this on the head. Orton is just one in a long line of questionable "Legends" that WWE tries to push as meaning more than they really do. If not for Randy, most any modern wrestling fan would never have given Bob a second thought, nor would they ever recognize him as there were plenty of "Cowboy"-type gimmicks out there and almost all of them are more memorable than Orton.

Vader gets the win here in a dominant fashion.

Vader will pretty much make this a squash match over Bob Orton.

Orton is a ponioeer in the WWF but the cast wouldn't have much effect on Big van Vader. Vader would use his power to get over and easly beat Orton around the 7 min mark. You can't handle Vader Time!

Vader woud absolutely annihilate Bob Orton. It wouldn't be much of a match, to be honest. Vader has laid waste to bigger and tougher guys than the Cowboy with the busted arm.

I won't claim to be an expert on everything related to Bob Orton, but I've seen enough of his matches to know he wasn't that great. Slow, not very powerful, and zero athletic ability. As overrated as they come, and Vader would surely knock him down a few pegs.

First, allow me to get this out of the way.. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Now then.. Bob Orton has, uh, probably done something worth mentioning. He, uhm, well his hat was pretty neat. Uh, his sperm produced a decent product to the business, that's gotta count for something, right? Yeah, I got nothing here. OH.. the cast, yeah, alright let's go with that.

Vader is going to take that cast, and break every bone in Orton's body to allow his gimmick to reach a whole new level. That is about as much as I can say to the level this match compares to. Vader in a landslide and it shouldn't even be close. (Judging by the voting totals currently, I'm right)

Orton was nothing more than a lackie. Hell, this might of been a match if Orton's opponent was Alex Riley and even then I'd have to think about it. That's how much I truly don't remember Orton doing anything of relevance with his career.

Haha a 55-0 squash match at present...great to see!

Vader is one of the best big men in wrestling history, an almost unstoppable force in his peak. He would absolute dominate Bob Orton here, who I had never even heard of until Randy arrived on the scene. Bob would try and get a cheap vicotry using the famous cast on his arm, but Vader would shrug off the blow, then drive Orton into the canvas for a very easy 3-count.

Bob Orton is a tough guy, but his Achilles heel will be that cast he lunges around, where Vader will rip it off. Vader is called "The Mastadon" (circa Vince McMahon 1996) for a reason, and will make Ace beg for mercy. I can see this as a good 7 minute contest, but Vader crushing him with a Vader Splash on his arm.

It's pretty much already been said I think. Orton is just severely outclassed here in every meaningful way and his legendary cast won't be enough to get him through the night against Vader.

When you take Bob Orton out of the equation of his association with the likes of Roddy Piper, Bobby Heenan, Paul Orndorff and others during the mid 80s, what exactly has he ever done? Sure, he's won a few regional titles here and there but Orton was a guy that got over via association with other, more talented wrestlers.

We all know what Vader has done, we all know some of the guys he's beaten. His WCW World Heavyweight Championship wins alone over Sting in the early 90s are bigger than anything Orton did in his entire career and that's not counting all of Vader's accomplishments in Japan. Vader wins in a 2 minute squash match.

Vader farts and Orton dies.

Ok, but seriously... can you really vote for Cowboy Bob here? Sure, he was a fantastic in-ring competitor but he cannot hold a candle to Vader's power, amazing agility for a man of his size, mean-streak, and resume. Vader is everything that everyone in this tournament should be afraid of.

Look at my avatar. Do we really need to discuss further?...Oh yeah right, spam infractions....

Orton would get the cast shot in rather early but it'll bust on Vader's head. This won't be a technical masterpiece but trust me, it will be a true brawl. 2 powerbombs to put orton down though.

The Ace doesn't get any love here? Good.

I mean... I want this to not be a spam post... but it's going to tough. Vader kills Orton in the ring and Randy vows vengeance on Vader. Kinda like a movie of some sort. Anyway, there's no way Vader loses this.

It's TIME! IT'S TIME! IT'S! VADAH! TIME!

This is way too easy for Vader. "Cowboy" Bob Orton wasn't a pushover by any means. Vader would definitely feel it after this match is over. Couple cast shots to the back of his head, among other things.

But I am sure Vader would return the favor back to Orton by "inadvertently" dropping Bob on his head a few times, or landing his Vader-Sault on him too hard or something along those lines.

I respect Bob Orton's place in history, especially his tie to Hogan, Piper and the 80's. But he is simply overwhelmed in this match up and would go down, maybe not without a fight, but still relatively easy for Vader.

I'm honestly surprised that there is not one single vote for Bob Orton. Not even a pity vote, or a vote just because some is being a dick and voting for him just for the sake of voting for him.

Vader is legitimately one of the toughest men in wrestling history and no hit from a cast could come close to comparing to the shit that he has been put through in matches with Mick Foley, Sting, etc. So Bob Orton's weapon of choice really mean's nothing here.

Vader is one of the best big men of the business. He has power, speed, agility, a bad-ass attitude and accomplishments that should allow him to get a couple of rounds into this tournament.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back