Buying Wrestling DVD's

Slowdude

Your Eternal Reward
So I've been buying allot of DVD's lately. I need suggestions on what else to get since after finally finding Edge a Decade of Decadence last week I'm not sure what to get. So I shall put a list of what I've got and you can suggest away. I'm up for pretty much anything that has a good lot of matches in it.

In the spoiler is what I already have.
PPV's
Summerslam 2002/2003
Survivor Series 2002
Wrestlemania XX/XXIV/XXVI
Royal Rumble 2003/2006
Armageddon 2002/2003/2004/2005/2007
No Mercy 2003
Vengeance 2003
Insurrection 2003
No Way Out 2007

Other
Degeneration X DVD remake of a 1998 VHS
New and Improved DX
Hell In a Cll (14/15 of the HiaC matches from 1997-2007)
Edge a Decade of Decadence
The Rock The most electrifying man in sports entertainment
The legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin
Triple H King of Kings
Batista I walk alone
Shawn Michaels My Journey

Whatever

I've heard the History Of The World Championship DVD is bad, and please what ever you do, DO NOT get the Undertaker 15-0 DVD. It's a huge rip-off. If you want to see all of Taker's Mania matches, you're better off getting the Wrestlemania Anthology. I haven't got around to buying that one yet, but I plan on doing so some day.

I would recommend the History Of The WWE Championship, The Essential Starrcade Collection, and Macho Madness: The Randy Savage Ultimate Collection.

for ppvs I would buy

summerslam 2008 and 2004

Judgment day 2000 even though thats super rare

and if you are interested in stuff outside of wwe

all four of the Ring of honor commercal dvds

Best in the world
bloodstains honor
greatest rivirlarly
stars of honor

for tna
lockdown 2008
bfg 2007
destionation x 2007
turning point/final resolution and genise 2010

You heard wrong.

I only have one friend who likes wrestling, and he didn't sound too excited about it. I guess I'll have to look at the match listing to see what it has to offer. As long as the documentary part of the DVD is good, then I'll probably like it. The History Of The WWE Championship DVD was great, and it's probably my favorite WWE DVD.

Also, I really wasn't too happy with the Rise & Fall of WCW DVD. There are so many other matches from the mid to late 90's that WWE could've put on there, but they didn't. Instead, on the 3rd disc they give the disaster that was Hogan & Rodman VS Diamond Dallas Page & Karl Malone, and the pointless Booker T VS Lance Storm match. The match between Storm and Booker wasn't bad, but for a DVD that's focusing on the RISE AND FALL OF WCW, it just doesn't make sense. Surely they could've picked a more significant match.

Oh, make no mistake. Overall, it's a questionable purchase. I bought it mostly for everything following (and including) Goldberg-Hogan. Mysterio-Orton from the SmackDown following WM22 is a hidden gem I've been waiting for them to release for years and I didn't have most of the PPV bouts despite being interested in some. Though it could certainly be much better, it's nowhere near bad.

History of the WWE title is the best DVD set the WWE has released, and its not even close.

History of the WHC is in fact, not shit. One of the best matches of all time is on that DVD.

People also need to get the rise and fall of ecw the documentary was awesome and the matches were great.

The only thing I have against it is that they never madde it a 3 disc dvd.

Some of the best WWE DVD's I've purchased were the Wrestlemania Anthology, Hart and Soul, The Rise and Fall of WCW, Monday Night Wars, Royal Rumble Anthology, One Night Stand 05, 06, and Rise and Fall of ECW.

Some good documentaries would be Beyond the Mat and Hardcore Homecoming. Some good TNA DVD's are Genesis 2006, Unbreakable 2005, TNA Year 1, and Best of the Bloodiest Brawls

If you're into such things:

rvd.jpg

Mick Foley's Greatest Hits and Misses. It's a great set with some cracking' matches on there. Make sure you get the three disc set. The third disc contains some of Foley's more recent matches with WWE and alternate commentary with Joey Styles and Foley.

The Ladder Match DVD is just brilliant, nice good bit of history shown on top of some great matches. Naturally no HBK/Ramon from Mania, but their Summerslam rematch is a great one to watch. Some good insights from the wrestlers themselves.

Quite impressed the Edge, Rock, HBK (From The Vault) and Undertaker (Tombstone) DVDs. Stone Cold's DVD was ok, but I was a bit let down from it.

All the HBK DVDs are fine and compliment one another well. Best of the 90s also has Michaels matches that you don't see on the other HBK sets, and is good if you're a fan of his.

Edge's DVD is awful. Probably has something to do with me thinking Edge is shit. Not the "Angle is overrated, so to counter that I'll say he's shit" kind of shit. The actual kind of shit.

Rock's DVD was a little light on the promos. I mean, really: It's The Rock.

I want the Foley one. And the Cactus Jack shirt.

The wrestling DVDs I have are

Smackdown 10th Anniversary
Bret Hart: Hitman
ECW ONS 05
The Rise and Fall of ECW

All are very good, in my opinion. ONS05 was an epic show. I had never seen it, so I was marking out the whole way through. Shame about Sandman's entrance, but oh well.

If you're looking to see a bunch of goosebump/nostalgic/historic moments, then you should pick up the The Ultimate Hulk Hogan Anthology and/or the most recent Hogan DVD set that was released by WWE.

Anyone else find it humorous that the WWE clearly made the WHC dvd so that the WCW matches are shit in comparison to the WWE ones.

Also, how in THE FUCK didn they manage to not have Batista Vs Taker from WM23 on there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back