Brock Lesnar has "a couple more Wrestlemanias" - Who should he face?

BigLuther

Pre-Show Stalwart
So on the main site, a blurb from a recent interview with Brock Lesnar had him saying that he has "a couple more Wrestlemanias left in the tank" before he's done with pro wrestling. So that begs the question... who should he face? For discussion's sake, go ahead and include the current TNA roster if you want to. Never know who will jump over to WWE in the next few years. So let's start with the obvious one...

The Undertaker: This is the money match that everyone wants to see. They had a two-month feud with each other in 2002, but otherwise never really interacted with each other. And the way Brock is portrayed right now, he would be an interesting threat to The Streak, as far as casual fans are concerned. Can Taker's health handle a match with someone as intense as Lesnar? I guess only Undertaker can answer that question, but this is certainly a match that's high on people's wishlists.

Daniel Bryan: We all know that Bryan has a very technical style, which makes him the perfect opponent for Brock. Looking back on Lesnar's career, his best feud was easily with Kurt Angle. I see a lot of Kurt in Daniel Bryan, both in personality and wrestling ability. Bryan is also someone that likes to work stiff, and Brock is tough enough to handle it. It only makes sense that Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan could end up being a 5-star match.

The Rock: This isn't a match that would do anything for either guy's career or anything for the future of WWE, except give them a big Wrestlemania payday. Lesnar vs. Rock has only happened once, with Lesnar getting the win at Summerslam 2002. That reasoning makes the set-up easy. Brock Lesnar is the one guy The Rock has never beaten, so it gives Rock motivation to face him. Their match in 2002 was very entertaining and the good New York crowd had a lot to do with it. Everyone pretty much knew Rock was leaving and that Lesnar would win, but that didn't stop anyone from enjoying it. Now that the two men are the mega-stars they are, it would have a completely different feel and would have massive buzz heading into it.

Honorable Mentions:
Kurt Angle - greatest opponent, would love to see a rematch.
Randy Orton - never faced him in a real program.
Batista - never faced him in a real program.

Well those are my thoughts on who I would like to see Lesnar's final opponents be. Who would you like to see him step in the ring with before he hangs up the boots for good?

He will job to HHH
Then to Vince McMahon
And finally to Stephanie.

Naw, but seriously the logical choices are:

-Undertaker
-Cena (avenge his loss)
- The Rock
- Randy Orton (A legend he hasn't killed yet and got squashed as a rookie)

I don't want him to face Undertaker. To be honest, they couldn't match their Hell in a Cell bout several years ago, and I fear the match wouldn't be that good. I also don't want to see him face the Rock, since it would just be a very slowly paced, boring match, and we've already seen it before, and there's no way the match could be as good as their one at SS 2002.

Daniel Bryan is an interesting choice, he's red hot right now but we'll have to see if he still is come Royal Rumble time. The match would be really good but there would have to be a title defense to truly make the match as big as it possibly can be.

However, those are the only three people I can see him facing at Wrestlemania. That is, unless they decide to do a threepeat with Brock/HHH. Nobody but Taker and Rock would be a money match. If he does face Taker, I think it should be at Wrestlemania 31, as I'd like Taker to face Cena next year.

Bryan would be my preferred opponent from your list, but his size makes it tough to buy him as a credible threat to Lesnar. Punk is facing a similar issue now, and Bryan makes CM look like Cena by comparison. It'd be great to see Lesnar toss Bryan around like a freakishly bearded infant, but there's now way I could buy him beating Brock.

How about Sheamus? He's one of the best big men in the business and his best matches are the ones where he's pushed to his limits (example Vs. Bryan/Big Show). Brock would give Sheamus the challenge of his life. Sheamus is perfect as he's big enough to take seriously, strong enough to actually toss Brock around, and deceptively quick - just like Brock. Sheamus/Lesnar could be a very physical match-up and potentially the most exciting.

I'm getting the match I've wanted since Brock returned this Sunday so I'm pretty open to whatever they pick for him next. I watched his match with Rock the other night and it was excellent, but Brock doesn't wrestle that style anymore and Rock is nowhere near the performer he was 10 years ago, so I'm not keen on seeing them wrestle in 2014, however I can see the marquee appeal obviously.

I don't fear for Taker's health if he faces him like many do and Taker has never failed to bring it on the grandest stage, however it would be even less exciting as regard's to being a threat to the streak than his match with Punk this year. In truth the only match left I want to see from Taker is vs Cena, but if he works Brock I'm sure it'll be a good match.

The match-up I'd actually choose would be Brock vs Orton, Randy has been killing it the last few months, he looks better than ever in the ring with quality match after quality match, and there is a drive and hunger about him I've not seen for a couple of years. I think a fight between him and Brock would be awesome and in truth Orton is easily over enough to keep him face another 6 months and make it happen, but they wont.

My next choice after that would be Cena but it would have to be in a Hell in a Cell match or something, maybe Last Man Standing, as topping their match from last year will be very hard.

For Mania 31 I'm calling Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar, in fact if Brock killed Rock at 30 it would be a good set up for Roman to make the turn given they are cousins....we'll just forget that whole triple Power Bomb thing before the Rumble this year. Seriously, I see Reigns being pushed hard as a top face post-Shield and he'll become the new Batista and everything Ryback failed to be.

If what he says is gospel, and when he says a couple and he means 'two' then I would go for the following...

The Rock - The biggest match WWE could do right now. They are the biggest draws in the industry. If Rock isnt possible then a rematch with John Cena.

Undertaker - Lesnar would be a legit threat to the streak but he needs building first with some big wins because Cena and Triple H have already beaten, no doubt Punk will add to that at some point.

I like Brock vs Randy, I think they could create some magic in the ring if given the opportunity.

Sheamus is a guy I would really like to see cause he does very well in these physical matches.And that match I would rather have it sooner than later cause Sheamus, even tho he is a new-ish guy, he's what 35-36? So they better hurry and make him relevant cause atm he is pretty stale. A problem I see with Sheamus vs Brock though, is that Sheamus needs to be face, and I have just about had enough of Sheamus' face run.

Undertaker would be a good choice, I mean why not, its about making money right?And that match is money.

Now if they can actually get some up and comers over to the point of fighting Brock then I would choose Roman Reigns as I think he is very underrated. The guy can wrestle has good moves and is very fast in the ring for a bigger guy, plus he has the fkn look!

Not many guys look believable against Brock Lesnar, so there's a limited few who can really look like a legit threat to him. Out of your list Batista easily tops it as the guy who can face Brock to a huge money match. It would be easy to write Batista in a feud because of Brock's past problems with Triple H and Batista is a close friend of him. Also with their MMA past it could be written in it as well.

Ryback is a "what could have been" sort of thing. IF they had booked Ryback correctly he would certainly be a good opponent for Brock but that's gone now. Other than Batista, probably Undertaker or The Rock would be a good opponent, but there are some doubts there with Taker's health and Rock's status. Randy is interesting but it depends on how they build him back up. But Batista is the match that I want to see.

I don't see many people agreeing with me, but I believe that a Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Brock Lesnar match would be an insane draw.

Now, the main question would be why this match would happen, and I'll be honest with you...I've got no clue. I mean, barring some sort of strange Punk-Heyman reunion, I don't think you can have an actual story made for this match...

I sternly believe though that not only would the match be good, but it would also be a big draw. I know I would be interested. There is enough money with just Stone Cold in the match, but perhaps add a dominate beast incarnate, and you've got a whole new thing to bank on. The Rattle Snake vs. The Beast Incarnate.

Off of the list from the OP, I'd prefer a match against Daniel Bryan. WWE has done an excellent job with Bryan in this David vs. Goliath type of feuds and Bryan has often been painted as a fiery, passionate underdog since he came to WWE. Lesnar being the aggressive, overpowering and even bullying beast would only serve to rally fans behind Bryan as the scrappy and fearless underdog.

Personally, I don't have any real desire to see Lesnar vs. The Rock. It'd honestly come off as two part time guys who are only there for the sheer & simple fact of stroking their egos and collective massive paychecks before disappearing again for months on end.

As a fan, part of me would love to see Taker vs. Lesnar. Their match at Hell in a Cell was a classic and it'd be no problem for WWE to paint Lesnar as the biggest threat to Taker's streak. Lesnar's a legit badass anyhow and he's really also the only guy Taker's feuded with that, when it's all said and done, has gotten the better of him. However, also as a fan, I don't want to see this match due to concern for Taker's safety. We all know that the wear & tear of wrestling has caught up to Taker with a vengeance the past several years. He's had multiple surgeries on his hips, shoulders & knees; has any number of various aches & pains and is pretty prone to injury now. For instance, it's said that the reason Taker isn't working SummerSlam, as was his & WWE's initial plan so he could work against The Shield, because he suffered an injury when The Shield took him out via a powerbomb through the announce table. Brock Lesnar is as stiff as a shot of Everclear, which varies between 150 and 190 proof, as it is and has demonstrated either an inability to protect his opponents or a lack of desire to do in some instances. As a result, I see little to no way of Taker coming out of a match against Brock Lesnar without being injured, maybe even in such a way that the decision of when he ultimately calls it quits is taken out of his hands.

One thought I had just now would be Sheamus. Sheamus definitely has the size, power and stiff style to be able to give Lesnar as good as he gets. When you have to big guys that are both willing and able to very physical matches, it's often a lot of fun to watch.

If Lesnar has "a couple more WrestleMania" left then it's possible that someone new could be elevated by that time such as Dolph Ziggler, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Cesaro, Barrett, etc.

Yes, whom should he face? That's the big problem isn't it?

After he's met Punk, Triple H and Cena, where does Brock Lesnar go from there?

Someone mentioned Brock going up against Daniel Bryan.....I say if they can pull that one off, I'll admit it doesn't make any difference who your opponent is.....but due to the pre-scripted aspects of pro wrestling, they can put any-freakin'-body in the ring and have them put on a worthy match. After all, I have enough problem with the size difference between Brock and Punk.....but Brock and Daniel? Oy.

As for The Rock, in addition to people presuming too much that Rock will be wrestling again, I can't imagine why Dwayne Johnson would want to subject himself to a guy who has fought "for real" and is such a roughneck that he might hurt Rock a lot worse than Cena ever could.

So, who else? When he was a regular performer with WWE, remember how Brock objected to Hardcore Holly as his opponent, feeling the guy wasn't a big enough name to face him? (I detested Brock for that one)

How about Sheamus? He's a big enough name and has a body that could stand the pounding, but would you fork over PPV bucks to see it? I would, but I'd wager a lot of folks wouldn't.

Sad as it is to say, WWE shouldn't get too excited about Brock signing a new deal every year until they know they've got suitable opponents to get in the ring with him.

Brock is Brock, but it still takes two to tango.

Lesnar Vs The Rock would be the biggest money making match available, although it may end up as a car crash of a match if they did go toe to toe. I doubt Dwayne would even consider it the match seeing how much of a liability Brock is in the ring.

The other choices are DB, Cena, Taker or Orton in my eyes. As soon as a match against Sheamus would be, he may need to make himself somewhat relevant again, maybe he could go up against Brock at next years Summerslam instead?

Bryan has been on a hot streak for the past year or so. This sunday could have a huge impact to which direction Bryan ends up taking in his career. Cena beats him, he may just end up as a midcarder again. Bryan beats Cena, we may see DB as a main eventer for life. Its a true test for DB and that also depends on whether he can sustain a good run from SS onwards through to WM. If he can, he could face Brock although WWE like to have their plans ready for WM alot earlier than just leaving it last minute so in my mind, I reckon they've already got their opponent for Brock and it isn't DB purely because they're still testing the waters with him in the main event. You never know, DB could be Brock's opponent at WM31 although the size issue will always be a factor here.

Cena Vs Brock is money. They've already faced each other 2-3 times (I believe) the most recent was at Extreme Rules 2012. I really enjoyed that much and wouldn't mind seeing it again with a similar stipulation. Brock's got to go over here though. I'd hate to see Cena beat him twice as it would stop any momentum Brock had going. I'd give this one a yes although there maybe better options out there for Brock.

Taker Vs Brock, I'd hate to see because we'd all know who's going to win and that's Taker. The match wont be a classic and despite the match drawing money, they would never let Brock beat Taker's streak so this match is out of the window.

Brock Vs Orton is my personal favourite. Brock squashed Randy a few times as a rookie but they've never really had a proper feud. Randy is starting to build momentum again after his Wellness Policy strikes and by the time WM rolls through, Orton may be ready to take on the beast. Orton is currently the present of this company. He's still of young age and in very good condition physically. I reckon he's going to be around for a while as well, so knocking off Brock Lesnar would be a massive feat for him, if it was for the title, even better. I think this match will draw money and would lead to a great match at WM30 so that's my pick for Brock's opponent.

The Undertaker is the no brainer for sure. It would be ridiculously easy to make this feud and have people buy into it. It gives Taker a legit challenger for Wrestlemania and their feud writes itself especially considering their confrontation after Brock lost the UFC title. People view Brock as an unstoppable monster and outside of Cena is really the only guy who is believable enough to end the streak of The Undertaker. This is the match I've been hoping for since Brock came back, more than Cena, more than Punk and certainly more than Triple H (seriously who thought a year long feud between those 2 was a good idea?). Brock vs. Taker would put asses in seats and is a layup, simple as that.

#2 on the list would probably be Daniel Bryan. If nothing else I think it would do wonders for Bryan and is almost guaranteed to be match of the night if it happens. The only thing that makes me balk on this one a bit is because of Punk vs. Lesnar as it would probably have to be a similar match and a similar program but I don't doubt Bryan could pull it off. Bryan is really the only other guy on the roster that I would like to see face Lesnar. If not Bryan I would go with Cena again based on the fact those 2 had an amazing match already and I would be all for a second round.

I believe SCSA would be a humongous draw and so will The rock and he needs his revenge against John Cena and him vs Batista would be a greatly hyped match. personally i do not see him battling the undertaker because of brocks type of fighting and nobody will believe brock can defeat him as brock lost to much. i also think the hype of him vs Randy Orton would be huge

The Undertaker and the Rock are two obvious choices. Those two storylines write themselves, between Brock's history with both men.

Personally, I'd wait to see in a couple years time what upper midcarder is getting hot. If there's someone on the roster who's getting over like Daniel Bryan is now, then let him go over Brock and it'll do wonders for him. It might be Wyatt, or a member of the Shield or someone who's still on NXT, but I don't think Lesnar should leave without helping younger talent out along the way rather than just fighting main eventers and part-timers. Who'll draw in the future is just as important as who's drawing at the moment.

Sheamus-Lesnar could work. Or maybe Lesnar-Batista under MMA rules

"do a threepeat with Brock/HHH" if Lesnar and Triple H wrestled again, it wouldn't be a threepeat as they've already wrestled 3x already

at Summerslam last year

Wrestlemania in April

Extreme Rules this year

Sheamus is one of my picks. With the right build, and some tweaks in his character (for the love of all things holy, cut down on the comedic bullshit), Sheamus would be a good opponent for Lesnar. He has the size, the strength, and the brutal and physical style to make one hell of a match with Lesnar. Imagine the pop Sheamus would get, if he could hit White Noise on Lesnar. Sheamus is in desperate need of a feud that could get him back on track, and Lesnar would be an ideal opponent for him.

And as much as I wouldn't want to see it for Taker's health concerns, I think Lesnar VS Taker will happen soon enough. It's a big money match, and a worthy main event, and while Lesnar's back in WWE, I have a hard time believing WWE won't try and cash in on a match between these two before Taker retires for good, or Lesnar decides to leave again.

But if the match happens, I would like to see Taker return to The American Bad Ass character. Taker will still have the Hell's Gate in his arsenal, and you can match both guys up as fighters without any fiction thrown in. With Deadman Undertaker, WWE will not mention or reference the past feud between Lesnar and Taker. WWE COMPLETELY ignored the Wrestlemania 17 match between Triple H and Taker on the road to Mania 27, and I have no doubts WWE would do the same thing for Deadman Taker VS Lesnar, because referencing the more human version of Taker kills the mystique for supernatural Taker. With Taker as The American Bad Ass, WWE can build upon their feud from the past as a means of Taker getting some payback by defending his streak.

Randy Orton would be another good match up. Orton would have to turn face (he's going heel as soon as he cashes in the case), because Lesnar has to be the heel, as the unstoppable nasty monster. Although, if a feud between both of them happens, I would hope WWE saves Orton's RKO on Lesnar for a pay per view, because that moment is sure to bring a big pop out of any live crowd.

The Rock? I can't see it. Rock is making too much money in Hollywood to risk it all for pro wrestling. I think his injury at Mania 29 REALLY shook him up. Call me paranoid, but it seems like Rock is really going out of his way to distance himself from WWE again.

Daniel Bryan would be a fantastic candidate fro another David VS Goliath match up. And depending on how things go down this Sunday, I also wouldn't rule out Punk VS Lesnar 2 at Wrestlemania.

My first two choices are CM Punk and Sheamus. We saw what Punk and Lesnar could do and having it on the grandest stage of them all plus adding the WHC would be a great move. Alternatively, Sheamus/Lesnar would be physical, brutal and entertaining. These two in a No DQ match could be a classic and would really help Sheamus become a star.

The problems with The Rock and Taker is that since is return Lesnar has been extremely physical. The Rock's matches with Cena and Punk were disappointing and I doubt a match with Lesnar would be much better. Moreover, he would be risking his movie career because there is a good chance he could get injured. Taker likewise, he wrestles a few matches a year and against Lesnar it could be dangerous.

I think Daniel Bryan would be the best choice for Mania, he would bring it like CM Punk brought it. And he would take it like CM Punk took it.

That being said, I was and am pretty pissed that they still can't show Punk any respect and just let him have his moment in the spotlight, when it's obvious everyone in the crowd wanted to share that moment with him. I would absolutely love if they gave CM Punk his moment of Immortality at WrestleMania against Brock Lesnar, I just hope he could duplicate that match. I don't even know if he would want to wrestle Brock again after that reckless abandon of a match. That's why Punk shoulda won at Summerslam, but nope, just deny CM Punk and the fans the chance to be the face of the franchise by having a has been like Brock Lesnar win. Why is the Best in the World losing to a guy who is pretty much retired? Pisses me off, I don't care about that Heyman shit.. it's fake.. they should have kept him in the back if it was THAT OBVIOUS. Poor management.

My third choice would be Sheamus, just because Sheamus needs to feel Brock's power. Maybe wrestle a little bit more like Brock too. And I would just love to see Brock throw Sheamus around and preferably hurt him bad. Of course.. WWE brass head assholes would let Sheamus have his moment over Lesnar. But not Punk....

I think Daniel Bryan would be the best choice for Mania, he would bring it like CM Punk brought it. And he would take it like CM Punk took it.

That being said, I was and am pretty pissed that they still can't show Punk any respect and just let him have his moment in the spotlight, when it's obvious everyone in the crowd wanted to share that moment with him. I would absolutely love if they gave CM Punk his moment of Immortality at WrestleMania against Brock Lesnar, I just hope he could duplicate that match. I don't even know if he would want to wrestle Brock again after that reckless abandon of a match. That's why Punk shoulda won at Summerslam, but nope, just deny CM Punk and the fans the chance to be the face of the franchise by having a has been like Brock Lesnar win. Why is the Best in the World losing to a guy who is pretty much retired? Pisses me off, I don't care about that Heyman shit.. it's fake.. they should have kept him in the back if it was THAT OBVIOUS. Poor management.

My third choice would be Sheamus, just because Sheamus needs to feel Brock's power. Maybe wrestle a little bit more like Brock too. And I would just love to see Brock throw Sheamus around and preferably hurt him bad. Of course.. WWE brass head assholes would let Sheamus have his moment over Lesnar. But not Punk....

You're absolutely delusional if you think Punk should have won that match. Brock was forced to job to Cena and Trips when he came back and he needed the win to keep his credibility as a force.

And Punk had his moment anyways. Brock made him look like a million bucks, and they gave Punk a nice sendoff after the match to a rousing ovation.

Now, for his Wrestlemania opponents....

Batista would make sense. Two huge dudes just doing it because they love to fight. They could play the angle like Brock was so scared to fight Batista in mixed marital arts that he ran back to wrestling. I suppose Bobby Lashley could use the same angle too.

I'd say the Undertake, but I'm afraid Brock would legitimately hurt him. Bad.

A rematch with Punk. Preferably for the title, only Punk goes over. That win might propel Punk over Cena.

Randy Orton could be a fun matchup.

How about Curtis Axel someday. That might actually put that dude over somehow.

I'm one of the few people that doesn't want to see another Brock Lesnar vs The Rock match. It's been done before with both men in their primes and serves no purpose today. Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker has happened before as well. There's just no point in revisiting matches that have already been done in their peak qualities. The Undertaker is past his prime and would risk injury if he were to face Brock Lesnar now. I understand that Brock Lesnar could be an ideal opponent for WrestleMania, but each time it gets harder for Taker to win in convincing fashion.

These are some opponents I would like to see Brock Lesnar face.

1. Daniel Bryan - They have technical backgrounds and would complement each other well in the ring. Both men are known for stiffness and both have experience wrestling the Japanese style. This would be a great match in that regard. Daniel Bryan could even pull out his Cattle Mutilation submission in this one. This would be a refreshing contest.

2. Alberto Del Rio - Both Del Rio and Lesnar have MMA backgrounds. They could pull out a combination of wrestling and MMA to legitimize themselves as top grade stars. I know Del Rio isn't getting any better or rising any higher, but at least he can show his other capabilities.

3. Randy Orton - Last time these two locked up in the ring, it was when Randy Orton was still sporting those blue rookie trunks. He got eaten up pretty quickly in that contest. I'd like to see how he holds up now. These two guys are old OVW buddies, so it would be a real treat to see what the outcome is now that Randy Orton is established and has more intimidation factor as well as signature moves.

4. Sheamus - Big guy vs big guy. Why not? Sheamus does pose the aggression that Brock Lesnar does. Remember when Sheamus first debuted and was killing his opponents as that ruthless heel? Remember that crazy powerbomb to Jamie Noble outside of the ring? Remember Sheamus vs Triple H? He could very well go as an equal onslaught powerhouse if he were to be put in that mode. It would be an entertaining bout and an unpredictable one at that because both Sheamus and Brock Lesnar not only found early WWE success, but also convincingly won multiple matches against big names.

Yeah, I know that Lesnar is probably only gonna wrestle at WrestleMania from here on out (I hope I'm wrong), but these are my four picks. Seeing him face guys he hasn't before is fresh. That's the reason I'd like to believe he's back.

With the win over HHH at Extreme Rules and CM Punk at Summerslam I think they will definitely have Lesnar face the Undertaker at WM30(unless Sting joins the WWE and faces him instead) because he is probably the only guy to have beaten Taker twice and never lost to him. I think the WWE and Taker are still mad at him over leaving them in 2004 which is why he has been made to look somewhat weak losing to Cena last year and to HHH at WM. The only reason they've let him win his last two matches is to give him some momentum before WM30 because he is only contracted to wrestle 3 PPV's a year.

Undertaker would be huge as well as The Rock as far as Buys go... now for what I personally want to see...

Brock Lesnar /vs/ Kurt Angle - WM :worship:

I loved these two in the ring together and it's inevitable that angle will come back to WWE, if not for a short period. Have them wrestle at wrestlemania and one must leave the wwe. Both are personal favorites and I know I would be one happy S.O.B

THE UNDERTAKER
Unless Sting signs for the WWE, Lesner is the guy I would love to see the deadman face at wrestlemania 30. there is so many ways WWE could play this one out and it would also help bust the buy rate as well.

RVD
I would have Paul approch RVD leading up to Wrestlemania and try and convince him to be his newest client, RVD will turn him down and Hayman will be so infuriate at RVD for not agreeing that he sets his Beast on him and with RVD being a former Hayman guy himself the rest of the story just wrights itself.

CM PUNK
Punk has just lost to Lesner at Summerslam and while I don't think your going to see a rematch just yet. I believe you will see them face off again before Wrestlemania with Punk picking up the win. This would set up a rubber match bettween the two at Wrestlemania to find out once and for all who is the better man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back