Why Stone Cold never job to Brock Lesnar because he didn't deserve it.

stonecoldhell

Occasional Pre-Show
Why Stone Cold did the right thing not to job to Part-timer Brock Lesnar
In 2002 all of you IWC hating on Stone Cold because he left WWE (I've read on several other wrestling forums and Stone Cold get a lot of hate of unfold politics who's now coming forward)

And they are all bitching about Stone Cold leaved and never did the job to Brock Lesnar. While everyone else did, Undertaker, Hulk, Kurt Angle and The Rock.

But Steve Austin did the right thing becuase Brock Lesnar was nothing then a cocky new rookie and I can say seeing a part-timer being WWE champion is a disgrace.

Brock Lesnar didn't deserve it and Brock Lesnar is a part-timer who just finally got over because he beat John Cena.

Brock Lesnar doesn't respect this business at all.

That's why Steve Austin the Stone Cold character did the right thing not job to the ungrateful Brock Lesnar.

You can hate all you want, you jerks.

I had heard somewhere that Stone Cold would've done it if they had the right build. Whether it's true or whether Stone Cold is back peddling in order to save face though, I don't know.

Austin was right. Lesnar vs. Austin would've been huge. You don't give that way on free TV.

Hogan get destroyed on TV by Lesnar, but how many remember that? If it had been on PPV it would be one one of the most memorable moments of that decade.

Austin was right. Lesnar vs. Austin would've been huge. You don't give that way on free TV.

Hogan get destroyed on TV by Lesnar, but how many remember that? If it had been on PPV it would be one one of the most memorable moments of that decade.

You dummy, dont you read?

It wasn't that he didn't want to job on PPV, he didn't want to do the job, he's just had to say "No" period and left WWE.
Austin never wanted to job to Brock.

Hogan, Undertaker, Rock all did the job.

Austin never wanted it, and he beat his wife after it and was stubborn at that time, I can confess that.

But Austin was right, like he always he is, and you fans not. :p

It wasn't that he didn't want to job on PPV, he didn't want to do the job, he's just had to say "No" period and left WWE.

Austin never wanted it, and he beat his wife after it and was stubborn at that time, I can confess that.

:lol: thing is Austin never wanted to job to anyone under it was on his terms. Austin flat out refused to drop the title to HHH at Mania 18 after it was the plan since mid 01 and refused to drop the title to HHH at SS 99 along w. Rock several occasions. Austin was a selfish crybaby during that era

You come in here insulting people who have probably been watching wrestling longer than you, or were old enough to understand why austin left.

There are always conflicting reports on the internet but the one i heard from
Austin years ago is one mentioned here and its the one ive heard the most: he wanted the proper build and did not want it to be done on tv. He wanted it to be PPV quality.

Austin beat Debra because Austin had his issues. It's not something i condone and still do no respect him for it.

Austin was a cry baby from the moment he broke his neck. He left like the cry baby he was. He isn't some wrestling GOD. For years he has been trying to turn back all the negative talk by saying "i took my ball and went home. it wasn't right." Too little. Too Late.

Don't come in here with your poor english trying to make the rest of the people who have differentiating opinions look like "dummy's" and grow the hell up.

This guy is clrealy a troll, trying to get everyone to dislike Austin and Austin fans in general by his blind and quite ridiculously stupid arguments in favour of Austin.

Can someone with the authority please ban him?

Here is what Steve Austin should have done. Laced his boots, gone to the ring and lost to Brock Lesnar. Simple.

However I can see why he would think it was a wrong move. Steve Austin was clearly the biggest star WWE had produced, maybe after Hogan. Austin although not as over as he was in 1999 was still extremely over with the fans. It would have been to the advantage of Brock Lesnar and WWE if Austin and Brock Lesnar would have faced each other at a PPV after a nice build up.

I'm sure if this match had happened on Raw, many of us would be bitching right now about how WWE made a mistake by having Austin lose to Lesnar without any build up.

Also, Steve AUstin has on more than one occasions said that not losing to Lesnar was the biggest regret he has about his career.

Austin was already frustrated by the material/ideas he had been getting since his Mania match with Hogan fell through - feuding with a makeshift nWo, rehashing Austin/McMahon against Ric Flair and then the proposed feud with the mid card/returning Eddie Guerrero.

Then he gets a potentially massive match up with Brock Lesnar and Heyman. He was probably licking his chops at the thought of a three/four months feud with the rookie but instead they get no build and potentially no spot on a PPV and his frustration boiled over.

I suppose you also cannot rule out that Austin and his already ruined neck were not prepared to be thrown around by a green monster like Lesnar.

Acceptable? No. Understandable? Yes.

What kind of rub would it have been for Lesnar, perhaps after beating Rocky at Summerslam, to hang with/get the best of Austin over the course of late 2002/early 2003, perhaps even sending him into retirement (not to mention keeping Brock heel)?

In 2002 all of you IWC hating on Stone Cold because he left WWE (I've read on several other wrestling forums and Stone Cold get a lot of hate of unfold politics who's now coming forward)

And they are all bitching about Stone Cold leaved and never did the job to Brock Lesnar. While everyone else did, Undertaker, Hulk, Kurt Angle and The Rock.

But Steve Austin did the right thing becuase Brock Lesnar was nothing then a cocky new rookie and I can say seeing a part-timer being WWE champion is a disgrace.

Brock Lesnar didn't deserve it and Brock Lesnar is a part-timer who just finally got over because he beat John Cena.

That's why Steve Austin the Stone Cold character did the right thing not job to the ungrateful Brock Lesnar.

1. Brock Lesnar wasn't a part-timer back then. He was a rookie moving up the card by beating established superstars. He was featured weekly.

2. It's 2014. If you're still worried about how people felt 12 years ago then you need therapy.

3. Your entire argument on why Austin was right is because Lesnar was "cocky". That alone should make the mods toss this thread into the Trash.

4. Lesnar was well over before going over Cena, and was a big attraction well before he conquered the Streak. Not even a real argument.

5. Nobody "hates" on this. You'll have to dig deep to even find a thread bitching about Austin not doing the job. Either you're still living in the past and/or you are horrible at this trolling thing.

Whichever it is, I recommend finding something people are talking about now. Or move it to the Old School section.

Also, Steve AUstin has on more than one occasions said that not losing to Lesnar was the biggest regret he has about his career.

If that's the case then Steve should do the job. After all, there is no shame in jobbing to the WWE World Heavyweight Champion who just happens to have a bunch of blanks on his fight card after Cena.

This guy xD who cares if Austin didn't job to Lesnar? Not to mention you're making it sound like he retired so he'd never have to job to Lesnar, I had heard he retired because of his neck. Now lets think for a second, Lesnar is stiff, o and his finishing move slams you on your head...why would Austin want to wrestle Lesnar? Even Lesnar wouldn't get anything from it, he had beat multiple HoFers beforehand. So no one cares. This isn't 2003, this is 2014. You're just trying to protect Austin at all costs yet no one hates on him.

Also, how old are you? Because you act very childish o_O

I agree with everything in the first post. Stone Cold's been living in the past, and it's high time he laid down for Lesnar. Man's been talking nothing but trash about how the Beast never went toe to toe with the Rattlesnake.

Every episode of his podcast opens with "Good morning, boils and ghouls. It's your buddy Steve 'The Stunning Ringmaster' Austin back for another episode of remaining undefeated by Brock Lesnar. He never beat me, and he never will. Now let's hit my singalong music!"

It's about time that guy got his comeuppance.

I agree with everything in the first post. Stone Cold's been living in the past, and it's high time he laid down for Lesnar. Man's been talking nothing but trash about how the Beast never went toe to toe with the Rattlesnake.

Every episode of his podcast opens with "Good morning, boils and ghouls. It's your buddy Steve 'The Stunning Ringmaster' Austin back for another episode of remaining undefeated by Brock Lesnar. He never beat me, and he never will. Now let's hit my singalong music!"

I don't understand how one can brag about never being beaten by a man who he has never had a SCRIPTED pro wrestling match with.

Lol @OP. Troll fail or incredibly dumb.

There's another thread I see in the list about Austin and Hacksaw Jim Duggan - wonder if its by same guy.

Since we are discussing such current topics, I wonder how the OP feels about Hillbilly Jim never going over Junk Yard Dog on a PPV...

It's amazing how many people fall for this shit.

Austin didn't want to do it on free TV and didn't want to lose to Coach as a "back up plan" so he went home. It isn't rocket science or a slight on Brock, hell Brock wouldn't have wanted to job to Coachman either... he had been in this position before jobbing to Duggan, where management were shifting to new talent and he'd been frozen out, he wasn't letting it happen again like that... if he was going, it was under his own decision/terms.

Steve says he regrets it and I am sure he does but he was kind of right... Brock's attitude sucked, he walked himself and Steve would have done that job for nothing had it happened... but it was painted as Steve not wanting to pass the torch, which I strongly would doubt... he'd have put Cena over in a heartbeat or Benoit and maybe even Eddie... cos it would have meant something... but it meant nothing to Brock and he could sense it... just as it meant nothing to Duggan other than "I'm new here, I'm Hogan's buddy, you're lieing down for me".

So no one cares. This isn't 2003, this is 2014. You're just trying to protect Austin at all costs

So what? Defending him at all cost? cuz In my opinion Austin was right and leaved WWE because Brock Lesnar was a cocky rookie.

Austin did the right thing and you saying it's childhish everybody can't be 100 years like you all, and when you don't agree you just gonna shit on it.

Where did Austin said that???? You are probably lying and just hating on Austin as much wrestlingforums do these days.

You are lying, Austin never said that about Brock. Stone Cold was doing the right thing not to job to shitty Lesnar.

You are lying about Austin saying that I'm shore of it, he wouldn't bragg about that.

First, Lesnar wasn't a part timer...he was wrestling FULL TIME, and looked like the next truly big thing for the company. The Rock put him over at SummerSlam andmade him World Champ that year.

Austin at the time claimed the match shouldn't be given away on free TV (It was a hot shot angle). Austin by his own admission wasn't in a good place at the time personally. That said, Vince McMahon did the right thing by letting Austin walk - you cant run a business if you let the inmates run the aslylum, here we are less than a year from WCW's demise and Austin is trying to bully Vince & WWE into who he does (and doesn't) wrestle and decide match finishes. Vince hit the nail o the head with Austin, you want to be a jerk and not be team player then o home.

Keep in mind Austin had victories over HBK, HHH, Taker, twice vs Rock at W-Mania and was touring the country beating Ric Flair in cage matches when this happened. No one could accuse Austin of being treated poorly by WWE in terms of his presentation, certainly not his won-lost record. He had already been allowed to nix a potential W-Mania match vs Hogan because of his dislike for him personally (where as he didn't mind wrestling Flair since they were good friends). Austin a few years earlier when asked to lose the IC Title on RAW refused and Vince allowed him to vacate the title by tossing it in the river in the storyline. This was a time where Austin was asked to give something and he flatly refused. Im all for wrestlers sticking up for their characters and how they are portrayed in storylines but this one time match wasn't going harm Austin in the least and he had been treated VERY WELL for several years, almost never being asked to put over top talent despite the number of jobs HHH & Rock did during this time.

In recent years Austin has taken some of the blame for his 2002 departure and admitted at least in part he was wrong - Again, his "head wasn't in a good place" - Even still, walking out on the company over one televised match when you've been catered too almost non stop for years with considerable say in your character and storylines ??? That was unprofessional.

I can understand Austin to bit because when he was in WCW he was the epitome of hard working and dedicated, almost selfless, and appeared headed for great things until Hogan arrived. Austin, though he wasn't one to dispute match finishes per se, was according to Flair one who would speak his mind about creative direction, even though he was clearly a team player. His willingness to be involved and contribute ideas made him a favorite in the pre Hogan WCW when Flair & Sting were the top stars under Bischoff but it made him a target of the Hogan/Bischoff regime, unfairly it would seem, and he was fired for no good reason while rehabbing a minor injury. Wrestling is tough business, no guaranteed contracts, forced to make other stars look good at your own expense, no collective bargaining, no Unions, no health care or retirement, often your ability to draw money & value depend on how other non wrestlers write stories for you and portray you. Austin felt like he was a team guy and was let go because of it. Once he became a star in WWE he was uber protective of his brand, and most of the time Vince & WWE allowed him to be with little problems (there were rumors in 1998 that Vince purposely had Austin drop the title t0 Taker so soon after W-Mania because he was getting "a big head" and he didn't want another "Hogan Situation" on his hands).

In any event given how well he was treated and portrayed on TV and how much influence he had in his opponents and storylines I think Austin was out of line RE: Lesnar in 2002, personal problems or not it wasn't cool. I understand it, but I think it was wrong

Was this thread created by a 10 year old? The grammar hurts my eyes!

Austin was pretty beat up by this point and didn't want to job on TV in a match with no build up.

He wrestled probably another year after this incident and retired

First, Lesnar wasn't a part timer...he was wrestling FULL TIME, and looked like the next truly big thing for the company. The Rock put him over at SummerSlam andmade him World Champ that year.

First? What you mean first? Are you gonna preach or something? LOL ok he wasn't a part-timer so I wrote wrong ok big deal? You gonna put that in my face for eternity now??? yeah??

Everybody are hating on Austin on several wrestlingforums these days, and this is one of them, but here's the fact little man and all of you reading.

Austin was the biggest superstar in wwe, he got cheered EVEN if he left wwe. Now how royal are you not if you get cheers when you walked out of the company ;) :p Did anyone other WWE superstar did that? Nope. :p

He even beat his wife and got cheered bigger then Underrtaker&Rock. You are all saying they didn't know about the personal stuff - and that Vince Mcmahon blackballed Debra and didn't put out the pictures of her bloody. But the bottom line is: Austin got cheered, he didn't put over lesnar because he didn't have to. He was to big for anyone at that point.

That something all of you in here, are forgetting like jerks.

So first, austin didn't have to he was to big for lesnar.

How many thousands of years before they thawed you out of the ice OP?

Austin clearly was scared of Lesnar. He didn't feel good about himself as a wrestler or man. It is all really sad. Austin cheated his fans out of a dream match.

I have read that there are jerks who think otherwise, jerks.

Just a quick notice to everyone who's claiming, with valid evidence, that this guy is a troll?

This thread is already up to three pages. So if he's trolling for attention and reaction... he's got it.

How many thousands of years before they thawed you out of the ice OP?

Austin clearly was scared of Lesnar. He didn't feel good about himself as a wrestler or man. It is all really sad. Austin cheated his fans out of a dream match.

I have read that there are jerks who think otherwise, jerks.

Yeah ok so what? Lesnar was just a cocky rookie so he didn't deserve it.

All wrestlingforums are hating so much on Austin these days, why? Because he left WWE? Why lose to Lesnar, he was a nobody anyway.

Just a quick notice to everyone who's claiming, with valid evidence, that this guy is a troll?

Yeah I don't have the same opinions like you have, then I'm an idiot, jerk, troll. That's great argumentation.

Why because I defend Austin, and you don't. I think Austin doing the right thing, who cares anyway becuase lesnar was shit anyway and he left wwe as well.

You all are just jerks here anyway, all of you. austin did the right thing and who cares anyway becuase lesnar wasn't that good and the rock was going to hollywood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back