Breaking News: Big Show leaving WWE after tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wall_of_Jericho

Break Me Down.
Former ECW World champion The Big Show is expected to finish up his WWE commitments tonight at the combined Monday Night Raw/ECW taping. Show is scheduled to challenge new ECW World champion Bobby Lashley on tomorrow's edition of ECW on Sci Fi.

Show has been talking about taking time off due to a multitude of injuries and will finish his on-air role at tonight's taping.

Source: PWInsider.com/Mike Johnson

what a day for wwe even though this was somewhat expected vince is probably shitting himself

Why would Vince be shitting himself? Because a lazy, talentless giant and a washed up promoter/booker/writer, that hasn't had any good ideas since about ten years ago, left? And by the way, Vince fired Heyman and losing Show isn't that bad, they can have Lashley fued with RVD or Monty as rumored.

ummm big show leaving isnt really breaking news we all knew he was taking time off.

The last post is 100% right. We all knew Show was taking time off post-ppv. They want him back to do WM 23 vs Hogan, after that who knows. As far as Heyman goes, this is big. Who runs ECW now? ECW may have just cought terminal cancer today with Heyman's depature. I dont know if he could go to TNA. I'm sure now he would. But Russo/Cornette/JJ/Heyman would be a bomb waiting to go off behind the scenes. Heyman wanted Punk in ECW I wonder if this leads to a show move for Punk too. Monty brown is/was suppose to debut in ECW tonite, which Heyman wanted. This will be an interesting 48-72 hours my friends.

Ummmmmmmmmm nobody even mentioned him being breaking news, but yeah I'd say it is. Yeah we all assumed that he would be leaving sometime soon, but none of us knew for sure.

oh man. if heyman went to TNA and convinced CM Punk to go too they might as well cancel ECW becuz that would just be the end. this is a tough time for WWE.

It's not a tough time for WWE...Heyman has been the writer for ECW..and it has sucked. The rivalries were worthless. And Big Show's time is up. He's got the physical appearence of a WWE superstar, but he's too injured. And personally, I don't think he's too bad of a wrestler for his size and weight.

So no..this is not a hard time for WWE at all.

Yeah the times for WWE are fucking great. Personally I would love to be the WWE right now. What? Is TNA there only competition? So what, as good as they might be they're not even in the same ballpark as the WWE. You have all these stupid people from TNA declaring war on WWE and saying they're too pussy to respond which is simply not the case. TNA is still in the ground and that's were the WWE's gonna leave them, by aknowlaging them they'd be giving them tons of free advertising, the WWE doesn't need to aknowledge them it's like the AFL fueding with the NFL.

so what's the point in big show taking on lashley tonight ? Is lashley going to destroy big show to write him out with injury ? because i can't see that happening. Best thing to do in my opinion is bring monty brown in tonight and put him straight in a fued with lashley because i very much doubt either sabu or rvd will be given a programme with him

giantz4eva said:
Yeah the times for WWE are fucking great. Personally I would love to be the WWE right now. What? Is TNA there only competition? So what, as good as they might be they're not even in the same ballpark as the WWE. You have all these stupid people from TNA declaring war on WWE and saying they're too pussy to respond which is simply not the case. TNA is still in the ground and that's were the WWE's gonna leave them, by aknowlaging them they'd be giving them tons of free advertising, the WWE doesn't need to aknowledge them it's like the AFL fueding with the NFL.

Absolutely 100% correct - these idiots declaring war on the WWE are also disgruntled ex-employees I believe... Big Show leaving was predicted before Survivor Series so I'm not that shocked - maybe ECW can be revived now Heyman's gone too.

heyman has not had control over ecw COME ON DUDE this new ecw is nothing like the ecw that heyman ran in the 90's do you honestly believe that heyman had complete control over the ecw brand if you do your a damn fool

Okay so the fact that he has been the chief writer for months - fair enough, that Vince has the ultimate say - it IS his freakin company after all. Paul Heyman, not Vince - comes up with these recent storylines so I think its great! Name ONE thing since the death of ECW that Paul Heyman has come up with WITHOUT the help of WWE, in fact at all- that's what I'm trying to say.

giantz4eva said:
Ummmmmmmmmm nobody even mentioned him being breaking news, but yeah I'd say it is. Yeah we all assumed that he would be leaving sometime soon, but none of us knew for sure.

Read the F'in title of the thread...

I think this is a good thing, and vince isnt shitting himself, i'm sure he'll remain as cocky as ever, and find something to do.

I dunno, just hope we dont lose CM Punk to tna... that would suck.

i hope ecw figures its way out of this... if not just dismanteling it and sending half the wrestlers to smackdown and half to raw, but it would be hard to pull. cuz they arent going to have enough time to continue to do things the same if they add all the ECW wrestlers to the other shows...

I dont think Show is completley done with WWE. He will end up wrestling occasionally at P.P.V's. Vince will offer him enough money that it will be hard for him to say no. He's got nobody to blame but himself for his weight. When he started in WCW he was quite muscular, if he'd kept up some sort of training regime he would probably have a long career ahead of him.

I like CM Punk and all but WWE needs to really cut its losses and end the ecw brand. They got rid of its founding father, and its supossed top stars are no longer interested. Let it die peacefully and not like wcw.

Good! I'm totally sick of the Big Show being champ. He deserves to go. I am a huge Lashley fan... but however I am a CM Punk fan also. I think Punk should be champ right now and not Lashley. This should be the feud for the ECW title... Punk vs. Lashley, or bring Monty in to feud.

Wow...ECW is going to go on without these two characters..after all that is all they are..characters. You mean to say that if RVD or Punk won the title next week, Benoit and Mick Foley show up and someone takes a sick dive you all won't be saying "ECW is back". It has absolutly sucked and been neglected but we all want it. We just don't want it to suck. It will be fine and someday we will be having a debate about which brand is best and ECW will get votes just like the other two. If Vince didn't end the first brand extension...he won't be ending this one. Thousands of people still got December to Dismember, advertisers promote during SciFi, and EC fn W T shirts are still being purchased which means he made money. Business men don't stop making money if they don't have to. Even if us Smarks disapprove. [/QUOTE]

wrestling247 said:
ummm big show leaving isnt really breaking news we all knew he was taking time off.

Thats what im about to say. The guy sucks and he deserve to take time off.
All he does is that choke slam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back