Breaking: Alberto El Patron Stripped of GFW World Title

"TNA don't want to compare to WWE. They don't want competition with WWE".

What, they don't want to be compared with a successful wrestling organisation, a trendsetter in the industry? They don't want to be compared to the best?

Well, no chance of TNA being confused as a successful wrestling company, as they won't be one in their wildest dreams. Instead of being ballsy like WCW, and taking on WWE, or being like ECW, by bringing something new or innovative, TNA want to shrink into a corner, and hope that WWE don't overtake them.

This is just more proof that TNA know that they are irrelevant and need to die. Vince can buy them, skim off what he wants (a couple of names for NXT, and the video library for the Network) and then consign the rest into the bin of history. Better companies than TNA went broke and got bought out by WWE, why won't they? Then WWE won't have to pay a cent to get the rights to "The Broken Universe".

WWE won't pay TNA a cent for the broken universe anyway because they clearly don't want it. They are happy using the hardy's as a nostalgia act. If matt gets the right then wwe might try to buy it from him but until then, they won't even try to get a hold of it.

As far as tna is concern, they have enough problem trying to erase their horrible history from the fans mind and make the rebrand a successful one, that they need to focus on that instead of doing what dixie was doing when she was in control and try to be competiton to wwe. That's what brought the downfall of tna the first time around.

I agree with you that the fact they are hanging on is becoming ridiculous but they had a chance to sell to wwe and decided to sell to anthem instead. I for one, I'm giving them one last chance and while their product isn't the best, it's still pretty good and the way they are handling the company right now is the way it's should have been done from the beginning. Making sure that the company best interest is serve in front of the wrestlers best interest is how you run a successful business. That's how vince was able to make wwe what it is today, so I would say that while tna/gfw as a long road ahead of them, decisions like not letting the broken universe go and stripping el patron of the championship are good decisions for the company,

Knockouts Title. There was a box on every corner and whoever pulled down the box with the title won it.

Of the ring? Then that's still bell-to-bell. It was still determined via in-ring action, in front of a camera, sanctioned in a match.

Again, not to beat a dead horse, but the idea of awarding a title to someone in an official capacity simply because no one can currently lay claim to it is nonsense.

I'm having a really tough time wrapping my head around how you, of all people, are arguing for this. I feel like if this actually occurred, you'd be the very first, or among the very first, to point out the absurdity of a company giving titles away. Literally.

Of the ring? Then that's still bell-to-bell. It was still determined via in-ring action, in front of a camera, sanctioned in a match.

Again, not to beat a dead horse, but the idea of awarding a title to someone in an official capacity simply because no one can currently lay claim to it is nonsense.

I'm having a really tough time wrapping my head around how you, of all people, are arguing for this. I feel like if this actually occurred, you'd be the very first, or among the very first, to point out the absurdity of a company giving titles away. Literally.

Ok, you don't think that's a good enough example of TNA/GFW/IW giving someone a title? How about the way in which Decay became the tag team champions after the Hardy's left TNA as champs.

I don't know how else to describe it other then.....they were teleported to Championships. That's right, the Hardy's went to use Vangaurd 1 to teleport, and Decay came out the other end with the titles and we're recognized as champions. Go ahead, defend that one lol

Back on subject, Alberto has always been a problem wherever he has gone. He is a PR nightmare for companies. I say it's good that he was stripped and hopefully it's his last chance at being a major player for any company.

Were they then officially recognized as champions afterward? If so, that's equally stupid, but I honestly don't remember. I know that they "captured" the titles through that teleportation, but if TNA/GFW honestly recognized them as champions for it, that's not something I'll defend.

Were they then officially recognized as champions afterward? If so, that's equally stupid, but I honestly don't remember. I know that they "captured" the titles through that teleportation, but if TNA/GFW honestly recognized them as champions for it, that's not something I'll defend.
To my knowledge, they weren't. The titles were vacated, I guess. But Decay did what Trevor Lee did recently with X-Division Championship.

This is the last thing that GFW needed, but at the same time this needed to be done. Truthfully, I kind of felt that Patron would get stripped sooner or later being that he was already suspended. The aforementioned ideas to vacate and select a new champ makes sense. But maybe just have the him lose to Low Ki and Destination X. Do whatever needs to be done to distance themselves from Patron.

Again, giving the fucking title away is absurd. At the very least select two competitors — say Low Ki and Lashley — and have them actually compete for it!

I think that a tourney would be better. Have the final between two wrestlers who have some personal history between them.

As a side note, Eli Drake could be a good champion.

I'm dying for Drake to be given the ball. Fuck it – make right on his promo that he cut at the live show ripping Patron and let's see what kind of damage he can do!

It was so dumb to give Alberto give the big win over Lashley on his first night and almost become the champion while a good performer like Eli Drake couldn't even win Grand Championship.

Before Low Ki or anyone else who joins, Eli Drake should become the World Champion. Heck, even Moose could be a better option. Then you always have Ethan Carter III.

It was so dumb to give Alberto give the big win over Lashley on his first night and almost become the champion while a good performer like Eli Drake couldn't even win Grand Championship.

Before Low Ki or anyone else who joins, Eli Drake should become the World Champion. Heck, even Moose could be a better option. Then you always have Ethan Carter III.

Knowing how jeff jarrett love to book, he's going to get another ex wwe guy like john morisson and give him the belt on thursday.

Ok let me get this right, the guy was not found guilty of anything, if anything he was found to be the victim in this situation. He is currently one of the biggest stars out of Mexico, he has been putting on pretty good matches, he is extremely over with the fans and GFW have stripped him of the title. Something doesn't add up.

Ok let me get this right, the guy was not found guilty of anything, if anything he was found to be the victim in this situation. He is currently one of the biggest stars out of Mexico, he has been putting on pretty good matches, he is extremely over with the fans and GFW have stripped him of the title. Something doesn't add up.
With as much bad press as TNA/IW/GFW has gotten over the years it wouldn't be a good idea to have Alberto Del Rio as the face of the company

Let's face it, Whether he's a woman beater or not Del Rio is a miserable asshole who has had nothing but bad press since leaving the WWE and as GFW Champion that bad press would have been right on their doorstep as well which is the last thing they need right now.

Again, giving the fucking title away is absurd. At the very least select two competitors — say Low Ki and Lashley — and have them actually compete for it!

This makes the most sense right now. You have the #1 contender against the former champ. The only problem with this is that right now both competitors are heels (at least I think they are). Now let's say Matt Sydal ends up beating Lashley at Slammiversay, then maybe you have a new way to draw this up to include Eli Drake.

Look, the WWE waited a long time before banning Roman Reigns for sustance abuse. He had to lose the title first. They could at least have done that with Patron, have him put Lowki over keeping the title strong. Now it's been two times Nordholm has done this, he refused that the Hardys lose the title on TV and now he is doing the same thing with Patron. It's clear the guy doesn't care at all about wrestling. The company is going down the drain as long as Nordholm stays there. At least JJ delivers wrestling-wise(as Slammiversary was Great).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back