Update - GFW Suspends Alberto el Patron Due to Airport Domestic Violence Incident

So Austin being a wifebeater makes it OK for someone else to be a wifebeater? How does Austin being a wifebeater make it OK for ADR to be one?

This one's easy. Frequently defendants enter a plea of "no contest" when the expense of a trial- both financial and in terms of celebrity- would be far more damaging than disposing of the matter quietly. You remember how the dirt sheets spent a year chronicling the Austin trial? Yeah.

No, d_henderson, beating your wife isn't OK because Stone Cold did it and some people didn't mind. And if we're going to talk in terms of your "but Stone Cold was that much of a celebrity" argument, ADR is only equal to Steve Austin if you don't count everything after he stopped getting called The Ringmaster.

Now, look, Rayne, I know that you are a "Stone Cold" sycophant who can't see anything that the man does wrong, but let me explain some things.

Where did I ever say that beating your wife is okay? I didn't defend ADR, I was asking those asking for him being removed from "Impact" if they demanded the same thing when SCSA's domestic abuse came out?

I never said that it was okay for El Patron to do it, any more than it is okay for Austin to do it.

But El Patron hasn't been charged or found guilty of anything yet. Let justice take its course, and if he is found guilty, then what he did was wrong.

BTW, THREE different women have made abuse allegations against Austin (Jeannie Adams, Debra and his girlfriend after Debra) have all accused Austin of being physical and intimidating to them. El Patron has been accused once, to one woman, and the case hasn't even gone to trial. Once to one person is still bad, but to say that Austin isn't guilty is ludicrous when a court found him otherwise, and he has had multiple women accuse him.

You sound like you are enabling Austin's treatment of women, rather than condemning it. I am only calling out double-standards, and how Austin being a known wifebeater didn't hurt his career, so it might not hurt El Patron's either. It should have in both cases.

Now, look, Rayne, I know that you are a "Stone Cold" sycophant who can't see anything that the man does wrong, but let me explain some things.

Where did I ever say that beating your wife is okay? I didn't defend ADR, I was asking those asking for him being removed from "Impact" if they demanded the same thing when SCSA's domestic abuse came out?

I never said that it was okay for El Patron to do it, any more than it is okay for Austin to do it.
No. I'm just not a fan of moral equivalency. Thinking you're a fuckup doesn't necessarily mean I'm enamored of Stone Cold Steve Austin.

But El Patron hasn't been charged or found guilty of anything yet. Let justice take its course, and if he is found guilty, then what he did was wrong.

BTW, THREE different women have made abuse allegations against Austin (Jeannie Adams, Debra and his girlfriend after Debra) have all accused Austin of being physical and intimidating to them. El Patron has been accused once, to one woman, and the case hasn't even gone to trial. Once to one person is still bad, but to say that Austin isn't guilty is ludicrous when a court found him otherwise, and he has had multiple women accuse him.

You sound like you are enabling Austin's treatment of women, rather than condemning it. I am only calling out double-standards, and how Austin being a known wifebeater didn't hurt his career, so it might not hurt El Patron's either. It should have in both cases.
You aren't calling out double standards; you're assuming that anyone who voices opposition to ADR beating his fiance must have approved of SCSA doing the same. I understand that accusing someone of a double standard is WAY easier when you tell them their opinion for them, but it just doesn't work that way. It's entirely possible to think that you are a fucking idiot without approving of someone beating their wife.

Can't really respond much as your post didn't actually have much substance to it beyond "well you must like Stone Cold" and taking it from there, but I thought I'd isolate a gem you left us as my parting gift to you. Props on digging deep into your middle school D.A.R.E. education to remember the word 'enabling', but minus points for not seeming to grasp what it means.

You sound like you are enabling Austin's treatment of women, rather than condemning it.

El Patron has been accused once, to one woman, and the case hasn't even gone to trial.

Dont know if the story is true or not (the domestic violence, not the suspension).
But if it is, then he for sure should be unemployed and not just by GFW, but by all wrestling companies. This kind of personal problem will do more harm than good for both your company and the wrestler himself.

if he is stripped of the Championship (which would be again, bad for the championship since he just won it)...then i think the title should be on the line in a tournament where two former WWE guys are in it. i dont think the two ex WWE guys (and who i want there is Jack Swagger and Wade Barrett) should win the title, but put them in the tournament to make it interesting, but have the finals being between Storm and Eli Drake....that way the winner is either 1) one of the best talking heels in the business or 2) a fan favorite face with really good mic skills and deserves a nice run with the world title.

No. I'm just not a fan of moral equivalency. Thinking you're a fuckup doesn't necessarily mean I'm enamored of Stone Cold Steve Austin.

You aren't calling out double standards; you're assuming that anyone who voices opposition to ADR beating his fiance must have approved of SCSA doing the same. I understand that accusing someone of a double standard is WAY easier when you tell them their opinion for them, but it just doesn't work that way. It's entirely possible to think that you are a fucking idiot without approving of someone beating their wife.

Can't really respond much as your post didn't actually have much substance to it beyond "well you must like Stone Cold" and taking it from there, but I thought I'd isolate a gem you left us as my parting gift to you. Props on digging deep into your middle school D.A.R.E. education to remember the word 'enabling', but minus points for not seeming to grasp what it means.

I should have expected name-calling and childishness from you, Rayne.

You see, I don't need to call you names (your mere existence is already an insult to humanity), so let me explain it to you so that it seeps into your thick skull.

You defended Austin by explaining away him saying that he plead "no contest". Except that he has admitted himself in interviews when asked, he has said that he regrets hitting Debra, he only did it once, he was drunk at the time, and he won't do it again (which is what most wife-beaters say).

All I am saying is, hitting a woman is wrong, whether it is El Patron or "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, or whomever did it. I merely said that some people here in the past have defended Austin, when it is an indefensible act.

I also pointed out that it didn't hurt Austin's career, and he still appeared on WWE television, still sold numerous merchandise, and still went into the HoF. I know El Patron isn't on Austin's level, but he is the biggest thing they have at the moment, and I would not be surprised if they remove him from TV for a while, and wait and see what the verdict is in court (knowing how screwy Paige is, I would not be surprised if she withdraws the charge,even in a misguided sense of loyalty, whether he actually did it or not).

Also, they have taped the shows way ahead, and would have to do some heavy editing, but, as I have expressed my disdain for WWE trying to remove Chris Benoit from DVDs (and what he did was worse), then I don't like them censoring their product to cut out any alr4eady-filmed segments with El Patron in them.

Also, GFW or Impact or whatever the hell they call themselves now, don't rely on sponsors as much as WWE, and I doubt they would lose too many viewers, unless the three people who watch Impact now get upset about it.

Besides, you are assuming that this joke of a company will handle a situation like this the right way, when they have hashed up most things they have touched in the last twelve years, so why should this be any different?

I should have expected name-calling and childishness from you, Rayne.

You see, I don't need to call you names (your mere existence is already an insult to humanity), so let me explain it to you so that it seeps into your thick skull.
Let's bring it back exactly one post!
Playing the victim role only works when you're a sympathetic victim. You're the kind of victim people look at and say "..........good." If you've got a justifiable complaint to make, it's that I'm way better at being insulting than you are.
You defended Austin by explaining away him saying that he plead "no contest". Except that he has admitted himself in interviews when asked, he has said that he regrets hitting Debra, he only did it once, he was drunk at the time, and he won't do it again (which is what most wife-beaters say).
Actually, no. You asked why someone wouldn't defend themselves in court if they were innocent. I provided an answer as to, strictly, why someone who was innocent would plead no contest. To be fair, this one took you two whole posts to lose the plot. But you've wedged yourself into a spot now where you've told me what my opinion must be, and now we have to create my argument for that opinion.

...........no, I'm giving you too much credit. You're just a fucking moron.

I merely said that some people here in the past have defended Austin, when it is an indefensible act.
Take your "but I merely said", and shove it neatly up your ass. You accused specific people, not "some people", of defending Stone Cold with absolutely nothing to base this on. What you actually said is recorded for people to see.

Besides, you are assuming that this joke of a company will handle a situation like this the right way, when they have hashed up most things they have touched in the last twelve years, so why should this be any different?
This is you, again, telling someone what they assume, without seeing a single word of their argument to that position. This is why people tell you to go fuck yourself, and the only disagreement on that topic is how wide and sharp the implement you should use is.

Hoo boy, got more news for ya on the Del Rio-Paige situation. I'm afraid it's not good news.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...tion-strips-alberto-el-patron-of-their-title/

I'm starting to think that if this whole investigation confirms that what happened in the airport was indeed abusive, we could be witnessing the death of a wrestling career here. In any case, this is a bad omen.

And yeah, the two desperately need help. And fast. This relationship is so damn toxic that it's ruining their personal and public lives. Someone needs to hold an intervention, don't care if it's the Paige family, friends, hell; even the WWE for that matter. Get them some help before their careers and their lives get ruined because of some stupid mistake they made.

It is crazy that these type of fights happen with more couples than one might think off. If it wasn't for them being famously known and modern day technology, then more than likely this situation would have never been known. If so, by local areas and news paper.

Does not make it right what ever was done or not done at the airport. It makes it shameful to see two talented individuals flush their careeers down the drain.

“OPD detectives have found that probable cause exists to charge Saraya Bevis with Battery (Domestic Violence),” a police spokesman told the Pro Wrestling Sheet, referencing Paige’s legal name.

“Detectives have sent the information to the State Attorney’s Office for review and the SAO will determine whether to file charges in the case,” they said.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/19/wwe-star-faces-battery-charge-in-fight-with-wrestler-fiancee/

--

Another update in this fiasco. I wonder how much this might help to clear Patron given the about face this appears to put this situation in?

According to Pro Wrestling Sheet, GFW Champion Alberto El Patron is no longer under investigation by police over the airport altercation earlier this month which involved his fiancee and WWE star Paige.

The report adds that a rep for the Orlando Police Department has confirmed that since Paige is the one who should be investigated for battery, El Patron is no longer a suspect in the ongoing investigation.

As noted, The State Attorney’s Office is currently reviewing the case before a final decision is made as to whether or not Paige should be charged with battery.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/864...-suspect-in-orlando-airport-domestic-incident

--

I'd imagine GFW will be rescinding his suspension any moment now. They're probably in the process of writing the press release as we speak.

That in a way is good news for Alberto. What he needs to do is figure out his personal life a little bit more and focus on one thing at a time. Hopefully, going forward he stops all this bad, negative drawing to his name because it affects GFW trying to repaint their image to public world as well.

I think a lot of people here owe Alberto El Patron an apology.

Many of you were quick to accuse him, and run down his career, yet it looks like he was the victim, not the perpetrator, of domestic battery.

I don't think I owe him anything. As I've said before, both sides are terrible. They're both acting like idiots and they're both screwing their careers up.

That being said, I have a feeling Alberto will be coming back pretty soon.

No, he does not deserve an apology. He and Paige are a train wreck, and he is substantially older and obviously has some influence over her. They're both morons, and he's clearly a scumbag.

That being said, from a professional standpoint, he should be immediately reinstated. If he's not being charged, he should be working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back