Bray Wyatt where does he go from here?

Navi

With the safety off!!
Since the beginning if the Ambrose/Wyatt fued I've been wondering why? Now there isn't a lot of logic in the WWE but there was no reason for it even to begin. Other than the Shield/Wyatt encounters of almost 6 months ago, they really didn't have a history with each other. It wasn't until today that I finally figured out why the WWE got the whole ball rolling.

If you look at Bray Wyatt the character since his debut, the one thing that stands out the most is his promo work. It's some of the best in the business. Harper and Rowan provided most of the ring in work, Harper being the standout of the group.

Since they split them up and even to a certain extent before that, the Wyatt's feuded with others who could match Bray on the mic, so to speak. First you had Daniel Bryan, he's not great on the mic, but he is passable, and he had the crowd behind him putting a lot of heat on the Wyatt's. Then came John Cena, I won't talk about the matches, they were not great, but the promo's between the two were. Jericho was next in line for the Bray Wyatt "I'm going to save you" shtick. Again the matches were meh, but Jericho is gold on the mic and can hold his own with anyone.

Wyatt then disappears and comes back, he is on his own now, his two followers have left, and he needs a feud. Who's there always ready for a fight, great on the mic, and can more than hold his own in the ring. Dean Ambrose ready, willing and able. We'll forget that the WWE basically stopped the feud of the year to start Ambrose/Wyatt, but heyho they did.

Now starts an never ending cycle of there's a promo here, there's a promo there, oh look everyone they're going to have a match....no it's just another promo, until finally YESSSSS they have a match. Now the matches were surprisingly okay due to the work of Ambrose, but in reality this was mostly a feud of who could out talk the other.

Bray Wyatt is not really that great in the ring, his best work is on the mic. This in my opinion severely limits his opponents, simply due to the fact that not everyone is comfortable on the mic. So who does Bray Wyatt go on to feud with next? It can't be Rollins, he's a busy guy. He has Ambrose, Reigns, Orton and Cena waiting for him, so unless Wyatt is going to take on the Rock, who is off filming movies there aren't a lot left face wise.

Bray Wyatt had a lacklustre 2014. First,he feuded with Daniel Bryan. Matches and promos,all were okay. Crowd was also in this feud but,this feud didn't help Wyatt. He didn't get a benefit. Thereafter,he change his path to Cena where he got the crowd behind him. That feud was great. Matches were horrible (excluding the last man standing match at Payback). Wyatt caught his way there but,he didn't get a clean victory (LOLCENAWINS). Yes,he got a win at ER but not clean. Who was that child singing "he's got the whole world in his hands"? He found Cena's weakness is Children. So,he used children to distract him. This feud somehow benefitted him. Next in the line was Jericho,that feud was dumb. No reason for that feud. He got some straight victories on Jericho but defeating Jericho is not that tough nowadays. He loses,also to Fandango. Getting victory over part timer is not that destiny. Then,came Ambrose. This feud was okay. There were some great matches. It got some reason when Wyatt talked about Ambrose's father and again,when Ambrose broke 'her' chair. Then,there was no talking about this. If this fact was continued. Had there been some story,this feud would have been great. Now,he needs a strong competitor. If Undertaker faces him at mania it will be great but, will Undertaker wrestle or not? He must feud with Orton now with some backstory. He must face Orton at mania if Taker is not wrestling. He defeats Orton, Taker comes out and gives his 'powers' to Wyatt. It will be a boost to his career.

I thought it was hilarious that despite Bray conquering Bryan in the end, it was Bryan who benefited from the loss more than Bray benefited from the victory. Imo, if Bryan won, the fans wouldn't have turned on the rumble so severely as I think that loss clued them in to the realization that Bryan was being used as talent enhancement.

The only part I found interesting about the Wyatt/Ambrose feud- outside of their admittedly good matches- was seeing Ambrose turn the mind games in his favor. It was fun seeing Bray get a taste of his own medicine, although I also liked Bray pulling off one of the FEW scary moments by appearing behind Ambrose. That actually got me. Ambrose's return via ambulance was stupid, but it was a super cool visual...Okay, you know what, this feud had quite a bit of awesomeness to it. So why did it underwhelm as a whole? I think it's because it felt so unimportant. I sincerely believe they were thrown together in order to keep both men busy while the Authority angle was happening.

I think they should return to having Bray doing crazier stuff. He got over in the first place with his bizarre mannerisms and his unpredictable nature. His Cena feud was bogged down by sheer stupidity, but I'd rather that then the uninspired Jericho attacks. Have Bray successfully corrupt someone. Abduct someone. Show that he is an unconventional wrestler whose goal is not to beat you in the ring, but to thoroughly break your soul. Unlike most villains, Bray actually can be kind of creepy.

I also think they should have him recruit the Ascension or something. Bray makes an excellent leader, but alone...I dunno. The Wyatts aren't as interesting as individuals as the Shield are. Admittedly Rowan's character has taken some questionable turns and Harper needs new attire. Now that he's no longer a Wyatt, the swampy appearance is unnecessary and hard to take seriously because of how much the announcers make fun of it.

Hopefully Bray Wyatt will go back to developmental where he belongs. How he ever made it to the main roster is a mystery. Why so many people love his promos is beyond me, because he's never once cut a good promo. They're all exactly the same, he just rambles on endlessly with no point, then puts on a terrible match, and repeats with the next opponent. He's feuded with several of the top stars in the company and biggest names of all time, from Kane to Daniel Bryan to John Cena to Chris Jericho, and then a midcarder in Dean Ambrose, and NOBODY can get a good program out of this guy. When that many people fail to make magic with one person, it's obviously the fault of the common denominator.

I don't know where Bray Wyatt goes from here. Honestly I could be wrong but I don't think he's ever followed up on a character trait that the WWE have given to him. For example, this time last year when he was trying to take in Daniel Bryan into his group that was good storytelling. You had the whole crowd wishing it not to happen, which is what you want when you've got this evil leader who can manipulate the best of good guys, and then it turned out he hadn't manipulated Bryan at all and it was just an act. He then goes and loses Harper and Rowan, so now with him we have a grand total of 0 members following him. He then tried to recruit Ambrose, and as far as no angle takes place on Raw between the two, I'd say it's pretty certain he failed again. I actually think Wyatt can be killer on the mic BUT it's one of them cases where he just isn't putting anything into his promos about the storyline. And if you go on and ramble on for a few minutes about something which none of the audience can relate or invest into, as it has nothing to do with why you're attacking the guy in the first place (Ambrose), then you're wasting everybody's time.
With Wyatt he's lucky as he has two major things going for him. Firstly, Vince is solidly behind him, but for reasons unknown in my eyes. Secondly, he does have a character which means he can attack anyone and ramble on for a while and it means you have a feud set up with no effort put in. It's an utterly ridiculous trait to have, as was proven with the feud he had with Ambrose, but at least it can try make a storyline away from the titles. I've gotta be honest I'm not keen on him myself purely because he has no purpose behind his actions. I know he just won the feud with Ambrose but I think both guys come out of it worst then before (Wyatt I've explained, Ambrose lost and had his momentum killed) if that is even possible. Wyatt needs to seriously deliver in his next feud in my opinion, otherwise I think there's a high chance he'll struggle and keep getting worse as the year goes on.

First of all, Wyatt is brilliant on the mic. In fact, often too brilliant that he leaves much of the audience behind because he talks so elegantly and so much in riddles and obscurity that unfortunately we often have to work too hard to figure out what he's really trying to say.

The good thing is it's a lot better to have a guy who's brilliant on the mic and tone him down a bit and make him be more clear than have a guy who struggles on the mic and try to make him more fluent.

Secondly, Wyatt is a solid ring performer. He really gets ring psychology and he has a good move-set that makes sense for his character. He doesn't do any 450 splashes because it wouldn't make sense, he doesn't do a suicide dive because it wouldn't make sense but he does a nice standing rock bottom, a back splash, a thunderous running cross body and many more moves and some yet to come!

So where does Bray Wyatt go from here?

I really think he needs to bring out the creepy and nightmarish part of his persona more. It's done perfectly right now in terms of his entrance video, music and motions. He just needs to add it to the focus of his rivalries and feuds.

I think Bray Wyatt should become known as "The Human Nightmare!" He basically already is but he needs to be called that and portray that more. When he's feuding with someone he needs to attack their deepest fears and darkest desires. He could either go the route of hatred and trying to destroy the person or he could go the route of wanting to show them the dark side they seem to be refusing to show themselves.

Of course, furthermore he could just be a badass, creepy, dangerous, merciless SOB. A guy who will torture others (PG torture), be reckless and nasty.

He's in line for a push, I believe and I really hope WWE Creative picks up more on his "human nightmarish" characteristics and makes him even more creepy, dangerous and scary so he can become an even better heel.

For 2015, I think he needs a series of feuds he can win. I think he needs to have at least one or two feuds where he wins and bring the person over from face to heel. They don't have to 'join him' but it would be good for him to be the reason behind a few heel turns.

Randy Orton would be a really good one because he's due for a heel turn and Wyatt could easily bring out his dark side again. Sheamus would be another really good one.

WWE will need more top heels because they will have top faces of John Cena, Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns and Dolph Ziggler which is quite a good number.

Bo Dallas is going to be in the same boat when he returns from injury. Maybe an angle putting them together as the next version of the Wyatt family could work. A good feud for the interim could be with Swagger. Swagger could use some direction and as others in this post have pointed out Wyatt never needs a logical reason to start a feud. Also wouldn't be surprised if Ziggler was on the horizon for Wyatt.

I think Bo Dallas would be the worst person to hook him up with. First of all you have the resemblance and having to explain away the fact that their brothers and it's never really been mentioned before. Plus Dallas is nowhere near Wyatt's level, and he still has a lot of work to do before he can move up.

I've been going through the list of faces and can't really come up with someone who is good on the mic and isn't involved with another feud right now, and is on Wyatt's level. So I don't know where he's going to go next.

lol, the funny thing is that once I learned Bo was his brother, the resemblance suddenly became obvious. But Bo is a comedic character and would bring Bray down. If Bray reforms a family, it needs to leave a big impact- such as Ascension. It would be hilarious though if he somehow corrupted the New Day.

In terms of feud, I'd be interested in seeing him take on Randy Orton.

lol, the funny thing is that once I learned Bo was his brother, the resemblance suddenly became obvious. But Bo is a comedic character and would bring Bray down. If Bray reforms a family, it needs to leave a big impact- such as Ascension. It would be hilarious though if he somehow corrupted the New Day.

In terms of feud, I'd be interested in seeing him take on Randy Orton.

For some reason unknown to us, they took his family away from him. I don't think we're going to see another one form. Orton is a natural heel, so turning him wouldn't be any great achievement on Wyatt's part.

That's a major question and equally a major issue. Unless this feud with Ambrose somehow continues until WrestleMania (which is unlikely given the fact their ambulance match was 'the end' of the feud), I just don't know what else there is for him to do.

If Bryan doesn't win the Royal Rumble there's always a chance of rekindling that feud, alternatively they might even go with Reigns (if, once again, he doesn't win the Rumble). I do NOT want to see Wyatt take on 'Taker.

The problem is that every bloody feud seems to revolve around either turning his opponent to 'the dark side', or 'fixing' them. Despite all of his creativity on the mic, it's making his character seem incredibly one-dimensional. And that is something he wholeheartedly isn't.

For some reason unknown to us, they took his family away from him. I don't think we're going to see another one form. Orton is a natural heel, so turning him wouldn't be any great achievement on Wyatt's part.

I meant 'taking on' as in feuding with. You could make Bray's ultimate gimmick being that he surrounds himself with various people until he's ready to 'free' them. They can make a diabolical storyline out of this, where he is revealed to promote chaos. Maybe reveal that he encouraged Harper to join the Authority and Rowan to join Team Cena simply to help start shit up.

I meant 'taking on' as in feuding with. You could make Bray's ultimate gimmick being that he surrounds himself with various people until he's ready to 'free' them. They can make a diabolical storyline out of this, where he is revealed to promote chaos. Maybe reveal that he encouraged Harper to join the Authority and Rowan to join Team Cena simply to help start shit up.

Okay I can see that, but to tell you the truth fans like simple storylines, not this convoluted crap that would ensue if that was the case. Do you really think that with what we've seen this year, creative is even able to pull that off or capable of having that thought.

For some reason the WWE seemed to think the Wyatt's as a group weren't working and split them apart, same as they did the Shield. At least with the Shield we found out why.

If you think about it, Wyatt and Dallas had similarities in their gimmicks. Both were trying to "convert" others to their way of thinking. Dallas had more of a comedic style to it, but most of the comedy aspect died after his streak ended. The point is, it is something different. The path he is on now seems to be repeating the same stuff we've exhaustively seen for the past year. As for Wyatt and taking his family away, all of his feuds except for Jericho had some obvious or implied objective of coverting his opponent over to his family. By design his motives and purposes are vague enough so that there shouldn't be much that is implausible.

Okay I can see that, but to tell you the truth fans like simple storylines, not this convoluted crap that would ensue if that was the case. Do you really think that with what we've seen this year, creative is even able to pull that off or capable of having that thought.

For some reason the WWE seemed to think the Wyatt's as a group weren't working and split them apart, same as they did the Shield. At least with the Shield we found out why.

Er, I was more under the impression that WWE thought they were ready for solo pushes, not that they felt "the Wyatt family wasn't working". I know you're not a fan of Bray, but remember he was massively for the first half of 2014 to where people often cheered him. That momentum was either lost during the convoluted Cena storyline or the overly simplistic Jericho storyline. The Ambrose storyline might as well be the Jericho storyline, albeit with fewer people involved.

They don't need to be too ambitious, they need to just look to what we got in the Bryan storyline or even the Shield storyline. Do something more than just 'talk, ambush, fight'.

How about a face turn, the fans are already behind him, I'd try and embrace that personally. I mean, I think they kind of screwed up with him more times than they have succeeded thus far when it comes to making him the absolute mecha super heel he probably could have been if given the right wins here and there and some more backing. Think about it, the Cena program he came out looking kind of weak. I think he won one clusterfuck cage match, but he lost his first Mania match and lost the feud 2-1. Then, there was Jericho which personally, made no sense to me. Yeah, Jericho can wrestle, and he can talk but how does bringing him in part time, to not only wrestle multiple PPV matches with but go over Wyatt in one of them, raise Wyatt's stock? Jericho's a name yeah, but shit, why not have Wyatt feud with Show, Henry, RVD, and beaten down Rey Mysterio in that order, instead of Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns, Ziggler, Barrett, etc. They're kind of headed in the right direction now with the Ambrose feud, but it just seems to me like Wyatt could be so much more at this point already. AND, splitting up the Wyatt Family, stupid. I love all 3 characters just as much now as then, and this is coming from someone who doesn't watch often, if I see they are on I won't change the channel. Either of the 3. Having said that, the Wyatt Family I felt had so much life left in it and it was over, splitting it up made no sense. The Wyatt Family vs. The Shield should have been a bigger deal and imagine The Wyatt Family vs. Evolution, good shit.

What I would have done? Cena vs. Undertaker in the main event pf Mania last year, Wyatt comes out, attacks Taker and pulls Cena over him for the most crooked victory in Mania history. What I would do now? Have Wyatt go all strange and martyr like, like more so than usual, have him cost Lesnar the title at the Rumble to Cena and have him say he did it for the people. An ode to Rikishi, if you will. No, but I dunno, have your hollywood writers come up with something and use the attack on Lesnar as the catalyst for a Wyatt face turn. Have Lesnar turn down his rematch clause to fight Wyatt, have him beat Wyatt, I guess, but make it an absolute war and if Lesnar is done at Mania, play it off like wrestling Wyatt made Lesnar question himself for the first time, blah, blah, blah, he's not gonna say it, but maybe Wyatt scared him into retirement. Then you could do Wyatt vs. HHH at SummerSlam which would be killer.

Since the beginning if the Ambrose/Wyatt fued I've been wondering why? Now there isn't a lot of logic in the WWE but there was no reason for it even to begin. Other than the Shield/Wyatt encounters of almost 6 months ago, they really didn't have a history with each other. It wasn't until today that I finally figured out why the WWE got the whole ball rolling.

If you look at Bray Wyatt the character since his debut, the one thing that stands out the most is his promo work. It's some of the best in the business. Harper and Rowan provided most of the ring in work, Harper being the standout of the group.

Since they split them up and even to a certain extent before that, the Wyatt's feuded with others who could match Bray on the mic, so to speak. First you had Daniel Bryan, he's not great on the mic, but he is passable, and he had the crowd behind him putting a lot of heat on the Wyatt's. Then came John Cena, I won't talk about the matches, they were not great, but the promo's between the two were. Jericho was next in line for the Bray Wyatt "I'm going to save you" shtick. Again the matches were meh, but Jericho is gold on the mic and can hold his own with anyone.

Wyatt then disappears and comes back, he is on his own now, his two followers have left, and he needs a feud. Who's there always ready for a fight, great on the mic, and can more than hold his own in the ring. Dean Ambrose ready, willing and able. We'll forget that the WWE basically stopped the feud of the year to start Ambrose/Wyatt, but heyho they did.

Now starts an never ending cycle of there's a promo here, there's a promo there, oh look everyone they're going to have a match....no it's just another promo, until finally YESSSSS they have a match. Now the matches were surprisingly okay due to the work of Ambrose, but in reality this was mostly a feud of who could out talk the other.

Bray Wyatt is not really that great in the ring, his best work is on the mic. This in my opinion severely limits his opponents, simply due to the fact that not everyone is comfortable on the mic. So who does Bray Wyatt go on to feud with next? It can't be Rollins, he's a busy guy. He has Ambrose, Reigns, Orton and Cena waiting for him, so unless Wyatt is going to take on the Rock, who is off filming movies there aren't a lot left face wise.

I think he'll feud with Ziggler next. Knowing the WWE, they seem to like pairing Bray with the popular wrestlers they don't plan to push to the main event anytime soon. Example: Bryan and Ambrose

I could see Bray and Ziggler having a one on one match at Fast Lane where Bray wins; looking strong for whoever he's going to face at WrestleMania if it isn't Taker or not.

Personally I've not been able to connect with Bray Wyatt's character at all. All I ever see him do is ramble on the mic about nothing and then laugh. But clearly, Vince and a lot of wrestling fans disagree with me and so it looks like he's getting his second WM push like last year when he feuded with Cena. I think this year wouldn't be much different. He will have a high profile match at WM and then fade away into obscurity once again. I do like the guy though and he isn't THAT bad in the ring, his finisher actually looks pretty cool and devastating. I just can't get into his character.

I think Wyatt has to become really dark and find out stuff bout other wrestlers past, so he has a power over them for them to join him. The child angle with Cena could have been great if it continued and the child was named as Cena's Nephew or something and Wyatt could have used this against him.

Wyatt could be molded in to a kind of Undertaker charachter, where he recruits people to join him in a decent sized stable. Kind of like Taker's ministry of darkness. I think the Acension are a good fit for Bray, I would also like a couple of mid carders, Ambrose could work and also someone we wouldn't expect like Ziggler or Sheamus. The later probably being the better fit. He could also have a diva from NXT as sister abigail, if done correctly it could be amazing.

Personally I've not been able to connect with Bray Wyatt's character at all. All I ever see him do is ramble on the mic about nothing and then laugh. But clearly, Vince and a lot of wrestling fans disagree with me and so it looks like he's getting his second WM push like last year when he feuded with Cena. I think this year wouldn't be much different. He will have a high profile match at WM and then fade away into obscurity once again. I do like the guy though and he isn't THAT bad in the ring, his finisher actually looks pretty cool and devastating. I just can't get into his character.

Having one cool move doesn't make him good in the ring. Wyatt is awful in the ring. He has no idea how to work a match. And he stole that finisher, it's not like he came up with a cool, original move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back