Bray Wyatt needs the Demon...

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
And I'm not talking about "Gimmick Infringement" Finn Balor. Nor am I talking about in a feud. I mean that Bray Wyatt needs Demon Kane to be on his side. I said this from the beginning, when he attacked Kane to set up their Ring of Fire match years ago. If Bray Wyatt is going to be a threat to the Smackdown roster then he needs to be able to control what could never be controlled in Demon Kane. Think about it.

When Demon Kane was "working" for the Authority, it was still very much impossible to stop him. He wasn't exactly listening to the Authority when he would beat the shit out of Seth Rollins. He wasn't listening to the Authority when he Tombstoned Daniel Bryan to hell. He was an uncontrollable monster that the Authority just put their foes against because they knew he'd love torturing people. So for someone like Bray Wyatt to come along, defeat Demon Kane cleanly in a match to secure the Demon, and then show the Demon that he knows his pain and he understands by feeding him victim after victim as he shows him the truth of Sister Abigail would put Bray onto a whole new level. And that would even set Bray Wyatt up as a legitimate contender for Undertaker at WrestleMania once more... only this time, it would be more likely that he would win this war and come out the new Lord of Darkness in the WWE. Plus, imagine seeing Kane follow Bray to the ring and after Bray blows out the lantern, Kane does his pyro gimmick to end it all. It would be a Entrance Mashup of Epicness. Almost akin to Kane and Paul Bearer.

Brey needs to turn face, because his options as a heel are so limited now. He lost all the big feuds, he has no good guy left to face (Balor maybe, but then what?). THe character needs a reboot IMO.

Brey needs to turn face, because his options as a heel are so limited now. He lost all the big feuds, he has no good guy left to face (Balor maybe, but then what?). THe character needs a reboot IMO.

Really felt like they dropped the ball with Bray during the Authority angle. His promo before making the jump to the main stage about taking down the authority, fighting the man, etc was an absolutely fucking fantastic promo and the characters fit that perfectly.

Bray could have been a huge anti hero type figure fighting the Authority during the height of their reign of terror.

He needs a face turn to freshen him up some but even then I don't see what all he can be doing right now or how long that would work while staying with the same character who walks that line.

No just have him stay with Harper and Rowan.

And win a match or two. And win a championship. You know something, ANYTHING to make people care about him besides his promos.

And I'm not talking about "Gimmick Infringement" Finn Balor. Nor am I talking about in a feud. I mean that Bray Wyatt needs Demon Kane to be on his side. I said this from the beginning, when he attacked Kane to set up their Ring of Fire match years ago. If Bray Wyatt is going to be a threat to the Smackdown roster then he needs to be able to control what could never be controlled in Demon Kane. Think about it.

When Demon Kane was "working" for the Authority, it was still very much impossible to stop him. He wasn't exactly listening to the Authority when he would beat the shit out of Seth Rollins. He wasn't listening to the Authority when he Tombstoned Daniel Bryan to hell. He was an uncontrollable monster that the Authority just put their foes against because they knew he'd love torturing people. So for someone like Bray Wyatt to come along, defeat Demon Kane cleanly in a match to secure the Demon, and then show the Demon that he knows his pain and he understands by feeding him victim after victim as he shows him the truth of Sister Abigail would put Bray onto a whole new level. And that would even set Bray Wyatt up as a legitimate contender for Undertaker at WrestleMania once more... only this time, it would be more likely that he would win this war and come out the new Lord of Darkness in the WWE. Plus, imagine seeing Kane follow Bray to the ring and after Bray blows out the lantern, Kane does his pyro gimmick to end it all. It would be a Entrance Mashup of Epicness. Almost akin to Kane and Paul Bearer.

I never understood why they didn't go this route the first time around, everything you mentioned would have made perfect sense to have Kane under Wyatt's control after the "abduction" and ring of fire match, now it seems the ship has sailed on some of this stuff. It seems anytime they have a chance to expand the faction and run with an angle, they just completely abandon it and move Bray on to his next random feud.

I was ok with Bray dropping his singles match to Taker at WM but after the whole ordeal where he "stole their powers" then ultimately lost to Taker and Kane at Survivor Series anyway, I pretty much gave up on this version of Bray Wyatt. I'm still a fan of the gimmick and all that but it seems like they dropped the ball on him with these angles so I'm not sure how fans would react to Wyatt vs. Taker again.

I'd rather see them go in a new direction, but I really have no idea what the hell the company has planned since the brand split. The fans want a face turn but there aren't many heels on Smackdown to put him against. Off the top of my head the only heels I can think of on SD are Baron Corbin, Del Rio, Miz and Styles who is more of a tweener. None of these feuds would really interest me unless they did some angle where Corbin joins Wyatt leading to some kind of power struggle. With the way the rosters are now, i think it would require some kind of double turn (maybe Ziggler or Cena...yeah right) to make Wyatt a full blown baby face.

I still think it would be cool to somehow use an angle with a disgruntled returning Harper to turn Bray face while elevating Harper as a credible heel on SD, but it seems like the front office doesn't really think Harper is an upper mid or main event level guy despite the fact he is one of the better in-ring performers they have.

The problem with Bray is that he's in a grey zone. WWE won't book him in midcard matches or feuds or even midcard championships, but WWE won't pull the trigger with him as a main eventer.

Bray for WWE is just a jobber to the stars. He draws the way he's in right now and WWE uses Bray's star to build matches and feuds like Bray vs Roman, Rock, Cena, Jericho, Undertaker, Ambrose.

Bray just needs to get out of the loop hole he's in right now.

Adding Demon Kane as his minion would have worked.. 2 years ago. Now Kane is forgotten.

Bray needs a slight gimmick change. Some ideas:

a) Make the Wyatts something like a biker gang.

b) Have him keep doing what he does best, beat up people, but have him do it against heels (successful face turn).

c) Give him a direction: Bray Wyatt's character and gimmick are something that you cannot book short-term.. his character needs a long term direction in order to work.

d) Give him his own series on the Network (like some other poster have said). Something like a series with a tone like the Final Deletion and Wyatt Compound. Show us things that you cannot show in the ring, in a live programm. Show how the Wyatts work, what they do. Make it like a mystery/thriller show. Something like a SoA/Duck Dynasty/Stranger Things/Big bad beardy dudes with a mysterious past that are gonna kill you theme. Make the series kayfabe of course, not shoot, not real life.

e) Have him play a role. Bray Wyatt is all about anarchy and chaos. Why is he a SD only superstar? Have him appear on RAW and cause an inner WWE civil war between the two brands. Insert him into the interpromotional match between Orton and Lesnar and have him help Orton win, in order to have RAW challenge Smackdown for brand supremancy. Have him do something important.

I still believe that Bray Wyatt does not need titles and world championships, only if those wins serve an important role in a storyline, like world domination. Bray can be a big deal without the titles, but WWE isn't trying hard enough with him.

The problem with Bray is that he's in a grey zone. WWE won't book him in midcard matches or feuds or even midcard championships, but WWE won't pull the trigger with him as a main eventer.

Bray for WWE is just a jobber to the stars. He draws the way he's in right now and WWE uses Bray's star to build matches and feuds like Bray vs Roman, Rock, Cena, Jericho, Undertaker, Ambrose.

Bray just needs to get out of the loop hole he's in right now.

Adding Demon Kane as his minion would have worked.. 2 years ago. Now Kane is forgotten.

Bray needs a slight gimmick change. Some ideas:

a) Make the Wyatts something like a biker gang.

b) Have him keep doing what he does best, beat up people, but have him do it against heels (successful face turn).

c) Give him a direction: Bray Wyatt's character and gimmick are something that you cannot book short-term.. his character needs a long term direction in order to work.

d) Give him his own series on the Network (like some other poster have said). Something like a series with a tone like the Final Deletion and Wyatt Compound. Show us things that you cannot show in the ring, in a live programm. Show how the Wyatts work, what they do. Make it like a mystery/thriller show. Something like a SoA/Duck Dynasty/Stranger Things/Big bad beardy dudes with a mysterious past that are gonna kill you theme. Make the series kayfabe of course, not shoot, not real life.

e) Have him play a role. Bray Wyatt is all about anarchy and chaos. Why is he a SD only superstar? Have him appear on RAW and cause an inner WWE civil war between the two brands. Insert him into the interpromotional match between Orton and Lesnar and have him help Orton win, in order to have RAW challenge Smackdown for brand supremancy. Have him do something important.

I still believe that Bray Wyatt does not need titles and world championships, only if those wins serve an important role in a storyline, like world domination. Bray can be a big deal without the titles, but WWE isn't trying hard enough with him.

WWE pulled the trigger on Bray as a main eventer multiple times, but he didn't have what it takes. They put him in feuds with every top star in the business, and nobody could get Bray over on a main event level. That's not the fault of the half dozen top stars who worked with him, that's Bray's failing. He's fine as a midcard or even upper midcard guy, but as a main eventer, Bray Wyatt just can't cut it. His entrance is more over than he is.

Wyatt should continue to be used as is - give him wins over midcarders here and there to keep him relevant, but when it comes to the top stars, they should always go over Wyatt.

I actually like this idea. If I had any major criticism, it's that it continue the Kane as stooge section of his career. Kane making sporadic appearances is a bit better way to send off the HOF career of a former world champion.

I could see Kane wearing black coveralls like Rowan's and becoming the new super heavy heater to replace Strowman.

Two things though, the angle won't go anywhere and it won't get Bray over as world champion. Kane turns 50 next year and likely will retire before the angle can be resolved. He's never going to be elevated or elevate Wyatt when they eventually turn on each other.

More heavys won't get Bray over. Wyatt is quite over, but not back stage. Many poorly timed injuries will push him further down the card. Smackdown needs top heels, so he's going to be pushed by default. All it takes is a quick heel turn for Ambrose or Ziggler to change that.

Wyatt will win a championship after he stays healthy for a consecutive year or two. It's taken Dolph two years of no concussions to get back to the main event, Wyatt may have to prove that he's capable of not grabbing a title then promptly dropping it do to glass ankles.

Bray debuted on the main roster four years ago and isn't even 30 years old yet. He's got lots of time. Let's not forget the careers of Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett, or even Ryback for that matter, all of whom eventually got passed by. It took Edge 10 years in WWE to win a world title, so by my count Bray Wyatt is still ahead of the game.

There's nothing wrong with him except some poorly timed injuries. Give the guy time.

This might have worked back then. Trying it now is a bit silly. If they just booked him properly, he wouldn't need anyone. Not even Harper. Bray is capable of standing on his own two feet, assuming his legs don't get injured. And Smackdown needs a top heel. He doesn't need a monster heel at his back. Let him be the monster heel. And let Kane keep being a grandpa in slacks somewhere.

Let him be the monster heel. And let Kane keep being a grandpa in slacks somewhere.
Ironically, the grandpa, in our out of slacks, isn't the one having the leg injury scare at least once a week, be it a house show or TV or a PPV. Bray is short of 30. Is he going to be able to walk at all when he's Kane's age?

Ironically, the grandpa, in our out of slacks, isn't the one having the leg injury scare at least once a week, be it a house show or TV or a PPV. Bray is short of 30. Is he going to be able to walk at all when he's Kane's age?

Well, as odd as it sounds, he might just be having a string of bad luck, or maybe he just needs to lose a little bit more weight. It's not an easy one to call. We can't book around a possible future injury. Might as well just book in the hopes he stays healthy. Smackdown needs him.

Not a bad idea. Would have been nice had this happened when it was supposed to though, after that Inferno Match when the Wyatts carried an unconscious Kane out on their shoulders. Seriously, there have been so many botched booking opportunities with the Wyatts, and specifically Bray, over the past few years I'm amazed he's been able to remain as over and effective as he has.

On topic though, Kane can still go and is pretty entertaining when he wants to be, the only problem I have with this is that the "unstoppable Kane" angle has been done so many damn times over the years it's lost a lot of its luster. Still, they have Kane at their disposal and this is one of the few ways where he can be used as an effective tool. It's better than bringing him back and just having him squash everyone like he was doing in the past.

I wouldn't be against it.

Well, as odd as it sounds, he might just be having a string of bad luck, or maybe he just needs to lose a little bit more weight. It's not an easy one to call. We can't book around a possible future injury. Might as well just book in the hopes he stays healthy. Smackdown needs him.
I agree completely. I think Bray is a great talent, and I personally think he can be the best heel we've seen in a long time (of course, aside from lousy booking, which isn't his fault). My point is, though, that being a great talent isn't enough all on its own. There's a reason why Kane is still there after all these years, and one significant reason, I suggest, would be that he's able to stay healthy for extended periods and be able to perform when needed and as needed.

I don't know if Bray's carrying too much weight, is unlucky, or is injury prone. In the end, that doesn't matter. Dismissing Kane because he's "old" while expecting management to carry on full steam with Wyatt despite almost weekly injury scares may work fine on an internet forum, but it won't work from a business standpoint.

As far as I'm concerned, Bray is too talented to ignore. I don't care if he has to trade his rocking chair for Zeb's scooter. He has value whether on his own, in a team, or leading a faction, or managing. And we have to hope management doesn't ignore that. If he's asked to stand on his own two feet and has too many slips, I don't think it will go well, though. WWE has enough trouble handling tag teams these days, let alone factions that don't include HHH. They want everyone to be able to stand on their own two feet, and even that isn't enough to ensure success. While another storyline involving Kane and the Wyatts might be interesting to me, it could be problematic for Bray.

You say Kane needs to be a grandpa in slacks. If the the partnership hypothesized in the original post were to be realized, and Vince were to interpret it as Kane doing the heavy lifting because a man who is twenty years younger can't handle the physical rigours of the business, Bray is doomed.

I'd be willing to watch Bray manage, or lead team mates to the ring, and continue to sit in his rocking chair during matches, and have him be a mouthpiece, only to actually participate in a match on occasion. I don't sign the paycheques, though.

Bray Wyatt needs something but I don't think it's Kane. After the show tonight it looks like he is parting ways with Rowan, which is not a good thing. Rowan floundered on his own last time and Wyatt didn't really do any better.

This all goes down to what a lot of people have alluded too in the past, booking just doesn't know how to handle Bray Wyatt or the Wyatt's. It looks like he might get involved with Orton after Summerslam especially if Wyatt costs him the match with Lesnar.

I hope to God that doesn't happen, but if he does get into a feud with Orton I think you can almost predict the winner now. If Orton beats Lesnar at SS, then there is no way he will lose to Wyatt. If he loses at SS knowing Orton, he could go crazy and just kill Wyatt. So Wyatt looks like he would lose to the Viper either way.

Wyatt is probably the biggest heel that Smackdown has and he isn't being used like he should be. Shame on the WWE they don't have a clue at times.

I really want to see Bray win MIB next year, and hold the briefcase for a long time before the cash in during the main event of a PPV. Lights go out and the crown knows what is about to happen, they come back on, the champ is about to get the Sister Abigail and the ref rings the bell. Would work great if he is face at the time.

I agree. 2014 after WM XXX would have been perfect or even recently when they had him and Reigns tagging together.

It's not too late to do it now though. They need to do it quick. It just looks like him and Orton are feuding soon so once again he'll be enhancement talent.

Here's the thing about Bray: he simply doesn't fit in with today's product. And it's not his fault, it's just that gimmick wrestlers are a thing of the past. We get it, his thing is mind games. The problem is that he really hasn't gotten anybody all that rattled. Sure, he can cut a mean promo, but that's about it.

A win against Randy Orton does nothing for the character. Even winning a championship does nothing for his character. If he's going to be taken seriously as what he's trying to be, he needs to do something huge. He needs to flat out destroy a main event caliber fan fav. And Randy Orton ain't it. Think The Undertaker dismantling Hulk Hogan. Because until that happens, he's just a guy who likes to talk.

I should that with the impending end (or at least hiatus) of Dolph Ziggler, this would have been the perfect opportunity to establish Bray as what they so desperately want him to be.

Bray could have all out destroyed Ziggler in epic fashion, finally putting his "eater of worlds" money where his mouth is.

How the fuck did Vince allow for a potential great new face for WWE to be fucked up so badly?

Does anybody even care to see Bra Wyatt anymore?
He's character went from being great to being a joke.
Nobody can take him seriously anymore.

If I were Vince I would just kill off the character now (not literally) and give him to TNA and allow them to do something new with him again and make him a threat once more.

They would allow for some new cool programs for Bray Wyatt against the likes of Broken Matt and Decay. It would be cool to see what TNA does with him in a TV 14 environment.

And then once his built up again bring him back to WWE after a few months or couple of years and don't fuck him up.

WWE should use TNA as a developmental league similar to how ECW was used by WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back