Bray Wyatt vs Finn Balor?

FromTheSouth

You don't want it with me.
I know that it won't happen, but with Bray having nothing to do at Wrestlemania, why not have him face the Demon?

Bray can try to tap into the Demon and take control and Finn can fight him for control of himself. It's a simple story line that could be set up in just a couple of weeks.

I am under the impression that NXT is pretaped, but having Bray run in during the Finn/Neville match would be a good way to kick it off.

On paper, this feud would definitely work, but there's not enough time to give it the build it deserves. If Balor debuted on the main roster at the Rumble or shortly afterwards, then maybe. They need time to get him over the with main audience before they care about Bray trying to suck this Demon thing out of him. Granted, this is a personal preference as I tend to like longer builds for big Wrestlemania matches, which this certainly would be.

There's also the issue of Finn probably winning this match, and I'd rather Bray face an opponent he actually has a chance of beating. One thing I don't want to see this year is him going 0-3 at Mania.

This doesn't have to happen at Wrestlemania. Balor seems main roster bound this year (possibly the night after Mania), so why not save it for Summerslam? That way the fans have plenty of times to grow attached to Finn, plus we'll have seen the Demon at least once in that time, so they'll know what's at stake.

Given that Balor isn't on the main roster, this match would most definitely have a "tacked on" sort of feel about it. It could be a fun match, I've no doubt about that, but it needs a solid build to get the full effect and unless Balor pops up on Raw this Monday, there wouldn't be enough time to give it the story it needs.

I'd say Bray Wyatt will wind up competing in and possibly winning the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. The battle royal itself is primarily designed to allow just about the entire main roster to have a share of the WrestleMania payday, though I think it should be held on the kickoff show rather than be part of the main card, as winning the battle royal doesn't do jack for the careers of the winners.

It could be a great feud. However, as previous posters has pointed out there is not enough time to build the proper feud for this or give Balor's debut enough hype as it would be overshadowed by everything else going on right now. Not only that, but it doesn't fit the current story of Bray taking down titans. Balor is not a "titan."

But imagine if Finn Balor was defending his title versus Neville next week and The Wyatt Family's scare goes off and the lights come back on and The Wyatt's take out Balor and it sets up a match for Mania. Now Neville would be the NXT Champion and would drop the belt to Joe at Takeover: Dallas. While Finn will stay on the full-time roster. But like I said it doesn't fit the current storyline.

It could be a great feud. However, as previous posters has pointed out there is not enough time to build the proper feud for this or give Balor's debut enough hype as it would be overshadowed by everything else going on right now. Not only that, but it doesn't fit the current story of Bray taking down titans. Balor is not a "titan."

But imagine if Finn Balor was defending his title versus Neville next week and The Wyatt Family's scare goes off and the lights come back on and The Wyatt's take out Balor and it sets up a match for Mania. Now Neville would be the NXT Champion and would drop the belt to Joe at Takeover: Dallas. While Finn will stay on the full-time roster. But like I said it doesn't fit the current storyline.

I know that it won't happen, but with Bray having nothing to do at Wrestlemania, why not have him face the Demon?

I spelled out this exact thing ....someplace ;) lol and its a no-go because of how nothing Wyatt is now, and there having been no mention of Balor on the MR.

Wyatt should have ended Taker's streak, and started a streak of his own....To then be defeated by Balor, after months of hinting and vingettes.

Think of were we could be now instead of the haphazard treatment of both Taker's streak and of the Wyatts. You could have made two massive stars off Takers streak, instead they made zero, and used it to put over exactly fuckin' no one.

Yay! A match between two of my favorites would be awesome for me. As much as I would love to see this happen at Wrestlemania 32, It shouldn't happen.

Lets assume that this is a scheduled match for Mania this year. I dont want either Bray to go 0-3 at Wrestlemania or Balor losing in Wrestlemania debut.

And the thing is that, others mentioned, there isn't enough time to build this feud rightly.

:devil:

On paper, this feud would definitely work, but there's not enough time to give it the build it deserves. If Balor debuted on the main roster at the Rumble or shortly afterwards, then maybe. They need time to get him over the with main audience before they care about Bray trying to suck this Demon thing out of him. Granted, this is a personal preference as I tend to like longer builds for big Wrestlemania matches, which this certainly would be.

There's also the issue of Finn probably winning this match, and I'd rather Bray face an opponent he actually has a chance of beating. One thing I don't want to see this year is him going 0-3 at Mania.

This doesn't have to happen at Wrestlemania. Balor seems main roster bound this year (possibly the night after Mania), so why not save it for Summerslam? That way the fans have plenty of times to grow attached to Finn, plus we'll have seen the Demon at least once in that time, so they'll know what's at stake.

Agreed. I think a feud with Balor and Wyatt definitely has potential, but the "Demon" persona needs to have been with us a while before Wyatt tries to control it, so the fans are emotionally attached to it before the match.

If Balor debuted now, we'd only have been his Demon character a couple of times, and maybe only once before Wyatt would need to make his move in time for WrestleMania and the whole thing would seem rushed. If the fans had only just seen The Demon, then why would they care if Wyatt tried to gain control of this side of Balor's personality. The fans need to be familiar with, and understand the importance of The Demon as a part of Finn in order to make the match work.

At some point, it would be a good storyline and definitely a good match...but that time isn't Wrestlemania. Maybe at 'Mania next year once Balor is a permanent part of the main roster?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back