Bobby Lashley Officially Signs With TNA

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a pretty risky signing considering they got fucked over the last time he showed up in TNA for no purpose what so ever.

Well I'm sure they were about to do something with him, but instead, they decided to accommodate (something WWE barely does) and allow him to focus on MMA for a while.

TNA has a pretty crowded main event at the moment anyway, not sure where he'd fit in.

This is what I worry about. Taz fits in with Joe, just kinda sliding in, whereas Lashley doesn't really fit anywhere. I simply hope TNA can find somewhere to put him.

I kinda have to agree with D-Man on this. While I've always been impressed with Lashley's in-ring abilities and his athleticism, this all fits right into the TNA formula. They bring in a guy that's generally well known, hope it's going to equal ratings, give him a mega push while neglecting the development and push of some homegrown talent.

I like Lashley, but I don't think this is going to turn TNA around. While I do think Lashley is better than a lot of the other WWE and/or WCW guys that've come before him, it just sounds like more of the same.

It's a good pickup for TNA because this time its a younger guy who chose TNA over WWE. He could still have been a huge star in WWE if he stayed there, simply because that's what they wanted to do with him. And since he's young and somewhat recet, younger fans will remember who his is if they see him in TNA. That alone is good for TNA.

As for him performing, I was never really a fan of his. He's big and gets legit badass cred from MMA, but he so completely boring. He's a perfect example of a guy that should have a manager. It's a toss up on whether he'll grow to be a huge star in TNA.

As for him debuting as a hell...no. I don't buy him as a heel off the bat, he'd have to be turned into one. I also don't want him to interfere in a title match and suddenly be in the title run. I'm curious to see how they'll handle this.

It should be interesting nonetheless to see both Taz and Bobby Lashley appear at Victory Road. We will see where it leads to later on, I'm looking forward to the PPV but not at the Jenna vs. Sharmell match. You have to take the good with the bad I guess.

I think that Bobby Lashley sucks. He has no mic skills and very little wrestling skills. He is extremely boring and he can go to TNA and watch the best from the sidelines (WWE).

I'm not here to bash anyone's taste but if your a Jeff Hardy fan then that's your problem right there. Lashley has better skills than Batista ever had and ever will have, he's quick, he has strength but more importantly, he's young and can do alot for the company. He's pretty well known now from wrestling anad outside wrestling, so he's a fantastic pickup.

Watching from the sidelines? Please. WWE has become a joke and anyone who actually would come here to brag like if they made any progress is sad.

TNA signed Taz, Bobby Lashley and a new Knockout (Ayako Hamada). WWE re-signs Eugene.

You tell me, who gets the better wrestlers. On top of that WWE is losing talent (Jeff Hardy, Edge, etc.) while TNA is gaining talent. So, I don't see any comparison on who is the better company right now trying to improve.

This is what I worry about. Taz fits in with Joe, just kinda sliding in, whereas Lashley doesn't really fit anywhere. I simply hope TNA can find somewhere to put him.

They can easily fit him as Sting's back up or Foley's backup. Let's say MEM attacks Sting like they did last night, Lashley comes in as his defender. Eventually setting up a Lashley/Angle feud.

TNA signed Taz, Bobby Lashley and a new Knockout (Ayako Hamada). WWE re-signs Eugene.

You tell me, who gets the better wrestlers.

Well, considering that Lashley would be nothing with the WWE and Taz didn't gain REAL momentum until he went through the WWE for 9 years, I'd say the WWE gets better talent. Remember, most of the time, TNA picks up the WWE's leftovers. Whether we like it or not, professional wrestlers strive to be in the top company in the world which is the WWE. They don't "dream" of being in TNA.

And if you're going to compare the TNA's acquisitions to the WWE's, you can't use Eugene as your example. Turn on ECW every once in a while. Hart Dynasty, Shamus, John Morrison, Jack Swagger... should I go on?

ECW is New Talent, I'm talking new signed wrestlers. Not new talent. Other than the veteran guys, even if TNA picks up guys that were from WWE, It really doesn't matter cause most weren't used correctly in the first place. Example: Elijah Burke or Gaven Spears.

Each company does their own thing, TNA make get WWE talent but how many TNA originals did WWE destroy? Chris Harris, Matt Bentley, etc. Lance Hoyt is next.

ECW is New Talent, I'm talking new signed wrestlers. Not new talent. Other than the veteran guys, even if TNA picks up guys that were from WWE, It really doesn't matter cause most weren't used correctly in the first place. Example: Elijah Burke or Gaven Spears.

What difference does it make if they're recently signed or just new television talent? It's not like TNA guys wrestled their first matches in TNA. They were on the indy circuit the same as ECW wrestlers being in FCW.

And are you really going to say "most" of them weren't used correctly and throw Elijah Burke and Gavin fucking Spears out there?? Burke was talented, but no one gave two shits about him. The Elijah Experience was a failure, plain and simple. Gavin who?? Didn't that guy wrestle two matches on ECW, both of which cleared the arenas and reminded the audience to buy popcorn and take a piss?

If "most" of them weren't used correctly, how do you explain the fact that most of them are Raw and Smackdown stars right now? Morrison, Punk, Swagger, Kofi, Bourne, the Miz, Kelly Kelly, and even fucking Mark Henry!

Each company does their own thing, TNA make get WWE talent but how many TNA originals did WWE destroy? Chris Harris, Matt Bentley, etc.

WWE did not "destroy" your precious TNA originals. The WWE put them on TV and they failed.

Take it from me... I've been trained in professional wrestling. Pro-wrestlers are all independant contractors. During their careers, some of them are lucky enough to work under the umbrella of a specific promotion. Then they are given a role in the promotion and it is their job to make that role get "over" with the audience.

Chris Harris was given a new NAME by the WWE, nothing more. He was allowed to portray his character in any way that he pleased. He went on television, sucked in the ring, didn't draw the attention of the crowd, and the WWE got sour on him very quickly (and rightfully so.)

As for Matt Bentley... wait a minute... who?? I never even heard of that guy.

And are you really going to say "most" of them weren't used correctly and throw Elijah Burke and Gavin fucking Spears out there?? Burke was talented, but no one gave two shits about him. The Elijah Experience was a failure, plain and simple. Gavin who?? Didn't that guy wrestle two matches on ECW, both of which cleared the arenas and reminded the audience to buy popcorn and take a piss?

As for Matt Bentley... wait a minute... who?? I never even heard of that guy.

"The Elijah Experance" wasn't a failure, he was released due to comments he made about WWE's preous Diva Search. It had nothing to do with his gimmick or in-ring skill.

Your comment about Gavin Spears shows alot how much you don't know about wrestling.

Oh...and never compare Kelly Kelly to Angelina Love or any Divas to TNA's Knockouts. That's just impossible, Diva's matches are called "Bathroom Breaks" for a reason in the wrestling world.

If you don't know Matt Bentley then you obviously don't belong in the TNA zone, no offense. He's Shawn Micheal's cousin, he signed with WWE and ended up being a jobber against Kozlov.

You can defend WWE like if they don't have any faults whatsoever but It's not the greatest wrestling company in the world, until Vince gets some sense knocked into his narrow minded, washed up, old head then come talk to me.
When Triple H admits he's a selfish ass, then come talk to me.

WWE may have talented wrestlers but they don't use them correctly. At All.

With that being said, I think we can move back to topic.

Honestly not that fussed by it. Lashley was good in the ring, but he needed a stronger character to get somewhere. He needs that attitude about him, that he doesn't have. Austin like, although I don't think being like Austin completly is going to help him.

He'll go far within TNA, but it doesn't really mean much. Let's be honest, the WWE is where the big boys play. If Lashley wants to go down in the history of wrestling, he needs to return to the WWE at some point.

"The Elijah Experance" wasn't a failure, he was released due to comments he made about WWE's preous Diva Search. It had nothing to do with his gimmick or in-ring skill.

You're right, it didn't have to do with his in-ring skill. I never said that. I said no one cared about him. And that was the truth. If you're not over with a crowd, you fail at your job. And the WWE doesn't hesitate to fire people like that.

His Diva Search comments got him in hot water, but he was not fired because of it. I'm sure it added to the reasons, but the majority of the decision wasn't based on it.

Your comment about Gavin Spears shows alot how much you don't know about wrestling.

Um, why? Because he did well in the indy circuit? All I know is that I'm a fan. I never heard of him at the time when he came into ECW, saw him on TV and changed the channel. I think that pretty much speaks for itself.

If you don't know Matt Bentley then you obviously don't belong in the TNA zone, no offense.

What's the TNA Zone? Is that a super-secret special club for TNA marks?

He's Shawn Micheal's cousin, he signed with WWE and ended up being a jobber against Kozlov.

Just because he was HBK's cousin doesn't mean that he's a God of wrestling.

You can defend WWE like if they don't have any faults whatsoever but It's not the greatest wrestling company in the world, until Vince gets some sense knocked into his narrow minded, washed up, old head then come talk to me.

First of all, you don't think the WWE is the greatest wrestling company in the world?? You'd better lay off the peyote. Try taking a look at their buy-rates, income, television ratings, merchandise sales, and superstars' notoriety. Now, take those numbers and compare them to every other wrestling promotion on the planet. Yup, that's what I thought.

Secondly, I never said the WWE was perfect. I just said the examples backing your opinions are horrific. For every three wrestlers you claim the WWE "misused", I can name about 10 that were used to perfection and went on to become superstars.

Not every wrestler that comes into the business of professional wrestling becomes the next "Stone Cold" Steve Austin on their first try. The majority of professional wrestlers begin their careers with failed angles and gimmicks. That is how they gain their experience. Wrestling promotions such as the WWE give a fair chance to every superstar that they invest time and money into. Do you really think a billion-dollar company purposely gives new talent a crappy gimmick to see them dig themselves out of a hole? Hell no. They spend money to make money and they want these new superstars to succeed.

When Triple H admits he's a selfish ass, then come talk to me.

What does this statement have to do with anything?

WWE may have talented wrestlers but they don't use them correctly. At All.

Every time someone on this forum claims that the WWE "misuses" talent, they don't realize what they're saying. If you think you could do a better job then buy a plane ticket to Connecticut and go fill out an application. Do you honestly think TNA always creates perfect gimmicks for their talent? You think Black Machismo or Suicide are characters that are being "used correctly?" Hell no. These superstars took horrific gimmicks and made them into something that entertains a crowd. My hat goes off to them, because I don't know of anyone else that could pull off such atrocious categorization.

The WWE is very similar, except they have writers with resumes stacked taller than the Great Khali. Sure, they don't always write the best stuff. Nor does Vince approve of the best storylines. But they don't compare to the snoozefest and ratings-black-hole that is TNA.

With that being said, I think we can move back to topic.

Why? Because you said so? Nah... I'd rather keep debating. It's fun proving you wrong.

But, for the sake of the thread and our of respect for it's creator, I'll mention once again that I think Bobby Lashley is a tremendous talent that still has a long way to go in the business of professional wrestling. But, I don't think TNA is going to utilize him correctly.

There, back on subject ;)

I'm not sure how I feel about this yet. I vehemently spoke out on this forum against Lashley when he was being pushed to the moon. The guy was about as bland of a wrestler as I've ever seen, but he had big muscles so the fans cheered him. Unfortunately that's how that works sometimes.

That said, this is a great move for TNA. Lashley built a nice fanbase while in the WWE, and he'll undoubtedly attract some fans to TNA's product just by his presence there. I'm not sure in what capacity TNA will use him, but the fans would probably prefer to see him than a guy like Eric Young atleast.

I'm not sure what Lashley is thinking while signing this though. I know he's trying to prove that he can do both, but if you want to be taken seriously in MMA, you just can't be a pro wrestler. There's a glaring stigma against former pro wrestlers in the MMA world, how do you think they'll react to a guy who's a current pro wrestler? Not a smart move for Lashley if you ask me, not unless TNA is paying him a huge figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back