BFG Submission Match: Bobby Lashley v Samoa Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayhem

Pre-Show Stalwart
This match looks like a good matchup between two wrestlers with big physiques. I think the build up is weakened with Lashley not fully commited to TNA but expect a good match up and Lashley to go over. MMA v TNA is suited to both wrestlers and Joe/Lashley feud could go on. Thoughts?

:disappointed: << Expect more of this from me, TNA, if you give us more of this.

I'm sure the match could be good, but Joe is not even a shell of his former self (In fact, he couldn't fit in that shell right now), and somehow keeps getting pushed. Lashley has been impressive the last few weeks, but I'm not liking the ******ed Dragon Sleeper he's using. Here's to hoping he comes up with something else for the match here.

All that said, I don't see why Lashley would even come close to losing. If he's being built towards a title run, there's no need for him to lose here, to a mid-carder who shouldn't have a title.

If TNA is smart, they will have Joe go over in this matchup. There is no need to have an "MMA Competitor" (as they are labeling Lashley) come into TNA and defeat one of the promotion's most relentless competitors (as they are labeling Samoa Joe).

Plus, I think these two have the potential for some mileage in their feud. Here's to hoping the rivalry goes beyond Bound For Glory, and here's to hoping the two mesh well in the ring...as they have the potential to have a memorable, physical bout...or a train wreck.

Reactions: gd
I'm still clueless as to why rhyno faced off against lashley:confused:and if tna are gonna face lashley off with random heels I would have put joe somewhere longer down the line but anyway I think this match will go to joe but they'll keep the feud going

Can't say I rightfully understand this match here. On one hand you'd think "Well of course Lashley is going to win, he's just been brought into the company", but let's just stop right there for a second. Reports have been swirling around the net for weeks now that Dixie doesn't want to give Lashley a big push because of his burgeoning MMA career, and that she wants to focus the company on building their young stars like Morgan and Styles. By that logic, Samoa Joe should probably win this match, and frankly I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if he did. A loss to a guy like Joe isn't going to hurt Lashley. Shit, what submission moves does Lashley even know?

Could be a decent match. Probably will be mediocre though.

This will be the sleeper match of the night. If I used that term correctly, I mean it will be boring. I'm not a fan of two big men in the ring anyways, at least its a submission match and not a "MMA" match. I'm sure we will probably seem some sort of MMA garbage involving Lashley on Impact. I don't know why they can't have a regular match, I guess TNA wants to portray wrestling as real fighting like UFC. Good luck with that.

I think Bound For Glory will be a great show, even if they had Suicide and Cody Deaner in a blindfold tuxedo match. Let's hope not. Samoa Joe vs. Lashley won't be great, but I don't think it will be horrible.

I really hope this wont turn into too much of a MMA fight or something like that, the last time they did that with kurt and joe it was awful in my opinion, and this would be no exception who is honestly going to belive that joe can stand toe to toe in a more realistic fight. My money is on Lashley to win here because he is the big money guy at the moment, but i dont see this as a one and done type of fued

TNA's Angle vs. Joe cage match was such a success I expect they're going to try something like it again. Only Joe is awful now and Lashley is as limited as he was two years ago.

Should be interting/awful.

I really hope Samoa Joe wins because it would be good for Joe to get over a former wwe star and put TNA over as well. Samoa Joe smashed up Lashley on Impact with that table spot and Lashley cost Joe the title which will help to make the match have more heat behind it.

Looks like a really interesting encounter.

Joe for the win.

The title says it all: MMA vs. TNA.

At least the MEM will have at least one win to their belt, at this rate....

I see no real point to this match. While I think it has the potential to be good, I'm not very anxious at all to see it happen. Samoa Joe is a shadow of what he used to be and Lashley is still the limited, strong as an ox powerhouse that he's always been.

On the surface, Lashley is probably the favorite here. TNA has plugged the shit out of the guy for some reason. Stories are going around that Dixie Carter has finally figured out that, for all intents and purposes, TNA is something to give Lashley a paycheck in between MMA fights. Apparently, she's now realized that there may be extended periods of time he'll be gone from TNA in order to prepare for fights. I'd say that Lashley takes a fair amount of flack from the MMA world for his continued involvement in pro wrestling and losing in a submission match to a professional wrestler would only increase that flack. Joe is just stale, tired and boring as hell. I have no real reason to want to watch the guy compete but TNA still pushes him.

I just don't think Joe will wind up beating Lashley. Joe, in many ways, has just seemed to be going steadily downhill for a while now and a loss for him in this situation just won't hurt quite as much. Lashley losing in a submission pro wrestling match will make him look bad to a lot within the MMA crowd and that's who Lashley ultimately cares for more I believe.

There really isn't much to say about this match. TNA has been pushing Lashley as the second coming of Jesus; with his involvement in two sports at once being his miracles. That, coupled with my expectation of each mafia member losing their match, pretty much makes Lashley my pick to win.

I loved this match. It was very good, and made both guys look better than I've given them credit for.

But, what the fuck was with the ending? It came all too quickly, and the move didn't look like it was all that painful to end a submission match. If they continue the feud from here, then they can redeem this. If they drop the angle, and let Lashley face someone else, they're making a big mistake.

This was much better than I expected it to be. I was expecting this to be another one of those "MMA-style" matches that TNA has tried to do where they can only use submission moves, which would have been terrible. Instead both guys went out and put on a surprisingly good match, lots of high impact moves. Hell even Lashley looked good, and that's just downright nearly impossible to do.

The ending was shit though, having Lashley get the win via a screwjob. Atleast that's what the announcers wanted us to to think it was, they kept saying "Joe never tapped!" (and he didn't). So, unless they're trying to tell us Lashley choked him out or something, terrible ending. There is no fucking reason Lashley should be getting wins over guys like Samoa Joe, not one.

Pretty good match though.

I don't think it was a screwjob, because Joe would have jumped up and been pissed off. There's no way he would have just laid there and sold the finish, if it wasn't supposed to happen.

If that was supposed to be a screwjob, then it was done pretty bad. Joe should have jumped to his feet, and Lashley should have looked a little more shocked at the finish. I think it ended as planned, and just didn't come fof as impressive as it was supposed to.

Maybe they were facing the wrong way? I'm sure that would have been better if they were facing the hardcam.

I don't think it was a screwjob, because Joe would have jumped up and been pissed off. There's no way he would have just laid there and sold the finish, if it wasn't supposed to happen.

...Huh? Obviously I'm not saying it was a legit screwjob NSL, but a worked one. Duh. Why do you think the announcers kept saying "Joe didn't tap"? They said it like 12 times.

Well, come on, The match up itself was good but on paper you have got to admit it was obvious Lashey was winning since he is the outsider TNA star. Bad thing is that while Lashley won, The almost unbeatable man was defeated (allegedly he was brought to MEM because none of them could really defeat him) and Wrestling was likewise allegedly defeated by MMA, which is not really good.

But Hopefully they have a rematch and Joe wins this time to further the feud into something great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back