Genesis: Abyss v. Bobby Lashley

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
This could be a giant clusterfuck. Even as a growing fan of Lashley, and a long time fan of Abyss, these two probably shouldn't be in the ring together. Lashley is straight ahead power, and Abyss is nothing but a brawler.

The styles don't mesh well, and they won't here. I'm sure we'll get a few minutes for it, so let's just hope Abyss ends it with a DQ, sending Lashley on his way to his MMA fight, and some time off from TNA.

This is just going to be bad, I can already feel it. Unlike most people I've actually enjoyed Lashley's matches with Steiner so far in the company as well as his Falls Count Anywhere match with Joe and that is coming from someone who absolutely despised Lashley when he was in the WWE (seriously, go search in the archives and you'll find entire threads I made about how terrible Lashley was), I've actually enjoyed his TNA run, to the point where I almost actually kind of like the guy. I'm not sure if I should hate myself for this or not.

Anyways, unless this match is a No DQ match, there isn't a very good chance it'll be entertaining. Oh well, gives both guys something to do I guess. Sometimes you don't need a good build to have a good match.

Abyss is probably one of the worst wrestlers in the mainstream, Lashley is evergreen, could be a guilty pleasure match. I wonder what happened to that Lashley title shot, he'll probably have it on iMPACT, win, then leave the company during one of those weeks when they're editing their TV show into something more entertaining than it must be live.

Well, what to say on this match? It's either going to be good or a pile of crap. I have been surprised in the past, so I am hoping. I know I am tired of Lashley at this point and his leaving would give someone else a chance for some air time, so I am hoping.

This match has disaster written all over it. I guess TNA wanted get Abyss on ppv some how, and throwing him in a match with Lashley was a way to do that. There has been no build to this match at all, no promos for it, and it seems so random. It will most likely end in a DQ, when Lashley snaps, and starts beating the shit of Abyss. Then he'll be off to Strikeforce.

This match has disaster written all over it. I guess TNA wanted get Abyss on ppv some how, and throwing him in a match with Lashley was a way to do that. There has been no build to this match at all, no promos for it, and it seems so random. It will most likely end in a DQ, when Lashley snaps, and starts beating the shit of Abyss. Then he'll be off to Strikeforce.

I'll agree this ends when someone snaps, but I don't think it'll be just Lashley, and I don't think it will be a DQ. Kristal said Lashley will be attacking everyone until he gets his wish, and Abyss isn't exactly the most level-headed guy in the world, so I'd guess Lashley jumps Abyss, and all hell breaks loose. Ending this match in a No Contest works for both guys, since neither man needs a win, and neither can be hurt by a loss.

I'm also wondering if this is another chance for Abyss to tap out, for the third time in 2 months, after tapping out only once before that. Must be something coming with him that we can't see yet.

Well Lashley is obviously going to steamroll Abyss and further weaken Abyss's status as " The Monster " Abyss. Once again Abyss is lost in the shuffle and getting fed into random matches. I hope for both guy's sake that this match is short as brawlers and power guys don't mesh well. I'd like to say they are going to write Lashley out of tv with Abyss tearing him apart, but that would lose all of his momentum from his heel turn, and everyone would forget he turned heel when he came back.

This is just another random match thrown together at the last minute. Neither guy really has much to gain from winning the match. Both are upper midcarders who have nothing else to do right now storyline-wise unless Lashley is going to win this so his wife can cut another annoying promo about how he's "too good for TNA" or something. You know what? I'm going to go with Lashley winning as my prediction because there is nothing that I can think of for Abyss to gain from winning this. Lashley's wife can get him some heel heat if she brags after Lashley wins, that's all he can get out of winning the match, but it's better than nothing.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Lashley will defeat Abyss.

I remember when lashley had a match with Rhino on PPV, no lead up, total bullshit. Why does this happen. there is no point, fuck, why is this happening, I guess they are just filling the card. my prediction is that Lashley jumps Abyss, then start brawling untill security come out, I hope

Well, we know Lashley is leaving TNA in about 2 weeks, so they will definitely not push him. With that said, that leaves 2 choices: Abyss will win, or Lashley will "snap" and destroy Abyss.

The second one makes a lot more sense, as Kristal cut a promo on the last iMPACT! where she said that Bobby will destroy anyone that gets in his way. Either the match will go on with Abyss dominating and going for a Black Hole Slam, then Lashley using a chair, or when Abyss is walking, Lashley will attack him.

Whoever wins, nobody wins. Abyss has been a losing streak as of late. Worse still, he lost to somebody who went on to lose to Desmond Wolfe. Desmond fucking Wolfe. Desmond Wolfe, whose current record is about ten losses to one win. He looked shocked when The Pope beat him; no idea why, that would have been his first win in TNA. I should've put this in the other thread, really.

Anyway, this is the sort of thing I might book. Never a good sign. You've got Ahmed Johnson 2.0 vs. Mankind 0.5 for no apparent reason. Lashley lost his sheen a long time ago. He's stopped being an asset to the company. Should he ever become big in MMA he'll be "the one that got away". At that point, I'll remind everyone how shit he was at wrestling.

If I had to book this clusterfuck of a match the only scenario I would book is for Lashley to snap and do something over the top on Abyss. Have referee Slick Johnson try to stop him and have Lashley just beat the holy hell out of Slick. I'm talking a big bump, Wrestlemania 13 Austin style juicing, the whole 9 yards.

So, we got the event we all hoped for, with this being a non-match, and the two just beating the fuck out of each other backstage. I like it.

Mr. Injury Prone debuting isn't exactly a good idea in my eyes, but as I've said elsewhere, putting him in a program with Abyss right away is a smart move, since an injury won't seem like his fault, and he can't hurt Abyss. I didn't see the match, but I did hear that Abyss dominated early, and Mr. IP won with a late rally.

I'm intrigued as to what happens here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back