Biting the Hand?

BTLion1990

Pre-Show Stalwart
iMpact Wrestling has become... well.. NOTHING yet technically on Spike TV, that was TNA :p

Its been steady and solid in the ratings, although not yet breaking through the proverbial glass ceiling. However, Hogan recently made these comments:

TNA star Hulk Hogan recently made an appearance on "The LAW" radio show and had the following to say:
TNA star Hulk Hogan recently made an appearance on "The LAW" radio show and had the following to say:

"A lot of it [TNA's problems] has to do with awareness and the fact that we can get to the people. If I go into my hotel room in Chicago there are certain cable networks that are on like USA Network - there is no Spike TV. I mean a lot of it depends on who you can get to and who you can reach there is a lot more than 'the fans aren't buying it' there is more to the equation and that's a very shallow statement and that's not a fact. The people that see it are buying it, there just aren't enough people seeing it. That's what it is - it's creating awareness, a marketing plan we have to work with Spike TV and boost them up the ladder. I don't know how many cable networks there are in the States if it's 25 or 35 but in the paper it shows you who the top ten are so if we can get Spike up to that number one position the whole equation would change on how many people are buying it and change the equation and someone wouldn't say 'no one is buying it' well the people that are seeing it are buying it so it's creating that awareness to make people more aware that the product is there and that they can get it and when they walk into a hotel in Brantford that Spike is available."

Now to me this seems that Hogan is shifting the blame as to why ratings aren't growing due to Spike TV not doing enough to raise awareness. While this could be true, it isn't necessarily a wise thing to poke blame at the network showcasing their talent and TV show.

I'm not saying there will be repercussions, but it seems like with Hogan promising ratings boosts and it not coming good, he is looking for a scape goat? Or am I reading too much into this.

Got this from Wrestleview.com.

On a side note, as of January 2011, Spike TV was available in 99.5 million homes - or 85.8% of the country. In comparison, USA Network is available in 99.95 million homes - or 86.2% of the country.

Hogan is, once again, talking out of his ass. Hogan's trying to think of a reason to why he hasn't drew the big number's he promised so he's gonna blame Spike. Newflash douchebag, RAW was on Spike and was getting triple the rating's and viewer's TNA's getting.

It's called marketing and getting your product out there. The only time I saw the most TNA preview's was for Hogan's debut in TNA, I'm not surprised. Since then, I haven't seen anything on TV previewing TNA. No, I do not think it's good at all to blame the network for TNA's misfortune. TNA need to market thier product, Spike can't do it for them.

Hogan, just admit you not the draw you were anymore nand move on with your life, your constant blaming everybody else and bitching is making my repect for you get in the negative's.

It's not like he's lying out of his ass. Hogan's right. Spike TV doesn't seem to be working their asses off to promote TNA and help it grow, yet TNA is busting their ass. TNA can only do so much. Having a flawless product would mean jack shit if nobody's there to see it. Their product in 2005 is considered amazing by the majority, yet their ratings back then couldn't go over 1.0 to save their lives.

Why do you think WWE's still pulling huge ratings? Because it's good? Hell no. It's because people know about it, it's been around the block quite a few times, people know it exists.

It's that simple. The more people know you're around, the bigger the awareness for your product. Some will like it, some will not. Some will stick around - ratings increase, PPV buys increase. TNA is not producing an unwatchable product, they have a solid core audience of at least 1.5 million people every week, and they built that without an endless supply of cash and a huge network backing them up.

TNA improving is only half the battle. The product is fine, it could become better after this rebranding. The only thing TNA can do right now is to go on the road and go live, maybe amp up the advertising and even then they can't do it all on their own. Spike must help, and it doesn't look like they're doing that right now.

Hogan is, once again, talking out of his ass. Hogan's trying to think of a reason to why he hasn't drew the big number's he promised so he's gonna blame Spike. Newflash douchebag, RAW was on Spike and was getting triple the rating's and viewer's TNA's getting.

It's called marketing and getting your product out there. The only time I saw the most TNA preview's was for Hogan's debut in TNA, I'm not surprised. Since then, I haven't seen anything on TV previewing TNA. No, I do not think it's good at all to blame the network for TNA's misfortune. TNA need to market thier product, Spike can't do it for them.

Hogan, just admit you not the draw you were anymore nand move on with your life, your constant blaming everybody else and bitching is making my repect for you get in the negative's.

Even if that's true, compare the programming on Spike and the programming on USA. Check who the biggest shows are on both networks, see the numbers, and then you'll see what he means. Even if it's available it doesn't mean everyone's watching it. Spike is geared toward a certain demographic. They've got the whole "man's channel" thing going on. One of their biggest shows IS iMPACT, and that doesn't say much, aside from how great the network actually is.

It's not like he's lying out of his ass. Hogan's right. Spike TV doesn't seem to be working their asses off to promote TNA and help it grow, yet TNA is busting their ass. TNA can only do so much. Having a flawless product would mean jack shit if nobody's there to see it. Their product in 2005 is considered amazing by the majority, yet their ratings back then couldn't go over 1.0 to save their lives.

Why do you think WWE's still pulling huge ratings? Because it's good? Hell no. It's because people know about it, it's been around the block quite a few times, people know it exists.

It's that simple. The more people know you're around, the bigger the awareness for your product. Some will like it, some will not. Some will stick around - ratings increase, PPV buys increase. TNA is not producing an unwatchable product, they have a solid core audience of at least 1.5 million people every week, and they built that without an endless supply of cash and a huge network backing them up.

TNA improving is only half the battle. The product is fine, it could become better after this rebranding. The only thing TNA can do right now is to go on the road and go live, maybe amp up the advertising and even then they can't do it all on their own. Spike must help, and it doesn't look like they're doing that right now.

So do you think that if Spike TV raised awareness, then it would pull big ratings? I don't think that Hogan has blamed the booking nor the talent but the big dogs who give them the time to showcase their show.

Does any form of blame fall on the big names or booking?

Pretty much exactly what I was gonna type... RAW had no problems kicking WCW's ass while on Spike TV.

-Bill

So do you think that if Spike TV raised awareness, then it would pull big ratings? I don't think that Hogan has blamed the booking nor the talent but the big dogs who give them the time to showcase their show.

Partially, of course. However, the booking is not nearly as bad as the IWC makes it out to be. Ain't any better or worse than WWE's, it's just the way people treat TNA. Everything is overexaggerated and turned into something negative that no other company has ever done, in order to fabriacate a fictitious TNA aura full of shit and suck.

But like I said, TNA's product could be flawless and it wouldn't matter unless they are exposed to a bigger audience. Here's an example. Let's say you cured Cancer, right? You cured it in your basement, which is most likely where you're posting on this forum from. You cured it, after years of research you finally did it, but the only people who know about it are you, your parents and your neighbours. No matter how great your cure is it won't make you money or heal anyone on this planet unless more people know about it. Here's the fun part - just like in TNA's case, there's doubt and ignorance. People won't believe you, they'll ridicule you, say you're lying, medical experts won't even bother checking it out and approving it. You're stuck. You have the cure, it's right there - but nobody gives a shit. So how do you fix this problem? The only way to do it is to be backed up by The Government or some fancy shmancy scientist who the people trust and believe.

That's how TNA is right now. No matter what the product's like there's always gonna be three types of fans.

1. The ones that keep an open mind, give TNA a shot and like it for what it is, not what it's made out to be by the masses OR the dormant wrestling following which is tired of WWE's bullshit and stopped watching wrestling, unaware of TNA's existence.

2. The WWE fanboys who won't allow themselves to like it because it's not WWE, and they're too loyal to the 'E to like anything else.

3. The ROHbots and Indy lovers who hate everything.

TNA needs to be exposed to bigger audiences in order to grow. Once it grows into a serious company, fan types 2 and 3 would have no choice but to shut the fuck up and take the company seriously because it's big now.

And the best part? The best part is that if TNA grows up to become big and mighty, and makes some solid cash, a lot of WWE wrestlers, Main Eventers and mid-carders alike will look around and reconsider following their boyhood dreams in the good 'ol WWE, because int he end it's all about the coin, and if TNA provides it don't doubt for even a moment that more than a half of them wouldn't love to stick it to McMahon and leave.

It's all about exposure. That's Spike's department. TNA's department is the quality of the product. Work together and you both win. One of you slacks and you both lose.

Yeah, that's the thing.

Hogan, like Biscoff in the past, won't take the blame for anything wrong. He will, though, blame that network that has their show on it. And, IMO, their lucky to have Spike becuase I don't know what other network would really want TNA considering their rating's and viewership.

Zeven_Zion, it's alittle thing called marketing. The reason why people know what WWE is becuase it's all over the place. WWE Film's, PPV DVD's, magazine's, videogames, preview's not just a few minutes before the show air's. House shows, merchandice, superstar's on talk show's, guest star's on television shows, commercials. They market the hell out of their company.

Instead of having a few billboard's outside WWE HQ, they should pay more money to have their promo's aired during WWE programming. Maybe get people on talk show's to plug TNA, guest star's. Spike does'nt pay for that stuff, the company does. Spike is airing the show, TNA has to market their own show for their own benefit. Spike's not gonna pay for TNA star's going on talk show's and commercial's, TNA has too.

Blaming Spike TV is so drawn out.

..and The Ultimate Fighter seems to get strong ratings ... the title of this thread is correct. Isn't most of Sting's and Angle's paychecks come from Spike? Hogan should realise he is not invincable and becareful what he says, as we've seen in this thread it can be looked at from different ways and not all very positive...

*woosh*

Did you all hear that? That was the sound of Hogan's point going over the head of about half the posts in here. Hogan wasn't criticizing SpikeTV at all, he was just pointing out an accurate statement. SpikeTV doesn't do nearly as much viewership as USA does. USA is the #1 cable TV channel in America. It has the highest rated original programming on cable. While WWE Raw does ratings in the 3's, so do many other shows on the network.

SpikeTV, on the other hand, when TNA is getting 1's, most other shows on Spike would LOVE to have those ratings. Just to give you an idea of how far SpikeTV has to go, UFC 100 which featured Brock Lesnar as the headline drew over 1.7 million buys. In contrast, Lesnar on the Ultimate Fighter, has not ONCE drew that many viewers on FREE TV. Lesnar got more purchases on PPV than he got viewers on free TV. People were more willing to pay $50 than to watch it for free on SpikeTV. That's just an example of showing that SpikeTV just doesn't have the overall viewership, or the support, that USA does. And TNA is working with SpikeTV to raise viewer awareness in their programming. That's all Hogan is saying.

People are way too quick to criticize a legitimate comment.

And as far as the whole "Raw on TNN/Spike" argument goes, Raw brought their own fans from USA. They didn't have to create them on Spike.

..and The Ultimate Fighter seems to get strong ratings
They get worse ratings than Impact. :shrug:

Source: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/1...s-ultimate-fighter-13-ratings-slip-to-new-low

iMpact Wrestling has become... well.. NOTHING yet technically on Spike TV, that was TNA :p

Its been steady and solid in the ratings, although not yet breaking through the proverbial glass ceiling. However, Hogan recently made these comments:

Now to me this seems that Hogan is shifting the blame as to why ratings aren't growing due to Spike TV not doing enough to raise awareness. While this could be true, it isn't necessarily a wise thing to poke blame at the network showcasing their talent and TV show.

I'm not saying there will be repercussions, but it seems like with Hogan promising ratings boosts and it not coming good, he is looking for a scape goat? Or am I reading too much into this.

In analyzing exactly what Hogan said, I can, to an extent, agree with him. If Spike TV isn't available in enough homes yet, it can hurt their ability to grow their product. However, if their product isn't growing in the homes they are already in, then that's on Hogan and crew to make that go away and grow their audience. Now I suspect that the latter might be the case that TNA isn't growing their current audience so Hogan is looking to shift the blame elsewhere. Moreover, I think this is a direct reflection of the loss of the Hogan mystique and ability to create buzz for a brand. Sadly, his own life has become a caricature of sorts with all he's been thru and I believe has actually hurt TNA, not helped it. He's been in and out of the hospital for back surgeries, had an ugly divorce, a son in big trouble, and he's trying at the same time to run a wrestling company. Lots to juggle for anyone's life much less one of the most recognizable people in the world.

At the end of the day what Hogan needs to understand is that their deal with Spike TV is a partnership and he needs to remember that every time he mentions their name. Doing this will not make him any friends at Spike TV even if some agree with his assessment.

*woosh*

Did you all hear that? That was the sound of Hogan's point going over the head of about half the posts in here. Hogan wasn't criticizing SpikeTV at all, he was just pointing out an accurate statement. SpikeTV doesn't do nearly as much viewership as USA does. USA is the #1 cable TV channel in America. It has the highest rated original programming on cable. While WWE Raw does ratings in the 3's, so do many other shows on the network.

SpikeTV, on the other hand, when TNA is getting 1's, most other shows on Spike would LOVE to have those ratings. Just to give you an idea of how far SpikeTV has to go, UFC 100 which featured Brock Lesnar as the headline drew over 1.7 million buys. In contrast, Lesnar on the Ultimate Fighter, has not ONCE drew that many viewers on FREE TV. Lesnar got more purchases on PPV than he got viewers on free TV. That's just an example of showing that SpikeTV just doesn't have the overall viewership, or the support, that USA does. And TNA is working with SpikeTV to raise viewer awareness in their programming. That's all Hogan is saying.

People are way too quick to criticize a legitimate comment.

Well if Spike TV doesn't have enough exposure who's fault would it be? Spikes?! So while he isn't Blaming them directly, he certainly is looking at other reasons as to why the ratings aren't growing. Lord knows Hogan will not look at himself or the product itself FIRST and while he does have a case as to if Spike garners more attention then iMpact Wrestling will, I think he needs to look at everything as a whole rather than the Spike TV ''popularity case'' alone, which he has done.

Well if Spike TV doesn't have enough exposure who's fault would it be? Spikes?! So while he isn't Blaming them directly, he certainly is looking at other reasons as to why the ratings aren't growing. Lord knows Hogan will not look at himself or the product itself FIRST and while he does have a case as to if Spike garners more attention then iMpact Wrestling will, I think he needs to look at everything as a whole rather than the Spike TV ''popularity case'' alone, which he has done.
If you shat on the carpet, would you blame it on the dog or yourself? What straight thinking individual would be in the midst of an interview, be asked why the company isn't growing and say "It's my fault, I absolutely suck"? Like SlyFox said, he's not placing blame on anything. He said that Spike is largely a part of the reason, not THE reason. He was correct, and I'm doubtless that this particular topic has been discussed with SpikeTV as well.

Well if Spike TV doesn't have enough exposure who's fault would it be? Spikes?!
Uhh, yeah? Who else would be at fault? Is TNA supposed to be creating millions of fans for every show on Spike? Is that what you are seriously suggesting?

So while he isn't Blaming them directly
He's not blaming them at all, did you actually RTFA, or did you just see the headline on WZ, and not bother with actually comprehending what was said?

he certainly is looking at other reasons as to why the ratings aren't growing.
Who says the ratings aren't growing? Certainly not TNA or SpikeTV themselves...

TNA iMPACT! has been averaging 1.8 million viewers this year and ranks among the top programs on cable with Men 18-34 and Men 18-49 in its timeslot. In 2011, TNA is up 11% in HH rating vs.Q1 2010 and 9% in viewership of persons 2+.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/186245

Lord knows Hogan will not look at himself or the product itself FIRST and while he does have a case as to if Spike garners more attention then iMpact Wrestling will, I think he needs to look at everything as a whole rather than the Spike TV ''popularity case'' alone, which he has done.
Oh...my...God...what the fuck is wrong with you son? Hulk Hogan didn't blame SpikeTV at all, read the fucking article! Hulk Hogan simply stated a fact. TNA, I believe, is SpikeTV's highest rated television program. They're creating fans for SpikeTV that did not exist. It's not like they are broadcasting on NBC, and have a huge viewership already built in, they have to create the fans themselves. That kind of a process takes time. Since 2005, TNA has doubled it's audience.

What people like you don't get is that ratings don't just rocket up or down. TNA can't have two good episodes, and go from 1.8 million viewers to 4.7 million. Just like WWE ECW and Smackdown on the ScyFy channel, those audiences have to be built. It's just that simple.

Hulk Hogan wasn't blaming SpikeTV at all, he was stating a fact. And moreover, not only was he stating the fact, he was saying what TNA and SpikeTV need to do about it. It was VERY much a statement reflecting a healthy relationship between the two entities.

If you shat on the carpet, would you blame it on the dog or yourself? What straight thinking individual would be in the midst of an interview, be asked why the company isn't growing and say "It's my fault, I absolutely suck"? Like SlyFox said, he's not placing blame on anything. He said that Spike is largely a part of the reason, not THE reason. He was correct, and I'm doubtless that this particular topic has been discussed with SpikeTV as well.

Haha so in your logic, instead of taking some of the blame on yourselves, you'd blame the people ABOVE you?! Can't see how far that would get anyone in life. :shrug:

Ratings haven't been improving dramatically yet it isn't the end of the world, they are going steadily. In the past year we have seen, the 3/3/11 debacle and the Jeff Hardy/Sting match. That wasn't Spikes fault was it? It was the fault of the I.W staff WHOEVER it may be. But with your logic they shouldn't blame themselves? :shrug: Take mistakes on the chin, that's what men do.

If things go wrong then surely he must take the blame. Nobody is criticizing, I'm not looking to see why rating aren't going up, it has to be a case of a million little things than one big thing, but reas the article, he's not saying I.W is the problem anymore, its Spike TV's lack of exposure, which could rub some of the big boys the wrong way. Especially when HH said he would treble ratings when he first came in.

Uhh, yeah? Who else would be at fault? Is TNA supposed to be creating millions of fans for every show on Spike? Is that what you are seriously suggesting?

He's not blaming them at all, did you actually RTFA, or did you just see the headline on WZ, and not bother with actually comprehending what was said?

Who says the ratings aren't growing? Certainly not TNA or SpikeTV themselves...

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/186245

Oh...my...God...what the fuck is wrong with you son? Hulk Hogan didn't blame SpikeTV at all, read the fucking article! Hulk Hogan simply stated a fact. TNA, I believe, is SpikeTV's highest rated television program. They're creating fans for SpikeTV that did not exist. It's not like they are broadcasting on NBC, and have a huge viewership already built in, they have to create the fans themselves. That kind of a process takes time. Since 2005, TNA has doubled it's audience.

What people like you don't get is that ratings don't just rocket up or down. TNA can't have two good episodes, and go from 1.8 million viewers to 4.7 million. Just like WWE ECW and Smackdown on the ScyFy channel, those audiences have to be built. It's just that simple.

Hulk Hogan wasn't blaming SpikeTV at all, he was stating a fact. And moreover, not only was he stating the fact, he was saying what TNA and SpikeTV need to do about it. It was VERY much a statement reflecting a healthy relationship between the two entities.

First of all what's TNA? Haven't you read any articles knowing the name change... Son?! :disappointed:

Secondly, theres a difference between reading and understanding. He is subtly saying that iMpact Wrestling < ;) Cannot be taken to the next level, unless Spike TV get more exposure. So it is up to Spike to do their part to help I.W. Doesn't this claim that they aren't moving ahead due to other parties? That other party being Spike TV in this case. If you cannot fathom that somebody can take meaning out of a statement then just don't post maybe?

It isn't a particularly absurd opinion either, just because you do not agree doesn't make you right, much as it doesn't necessarily mean that I'm right, just stating an opinion that can be seen within the argument I just said. Thanks son ;)

Haha so in your logic, instead of taking some of the blame on yourselves, you'd blame the people ABOVE you?! Can't see how far that would get anyone in life. :shrug:

Ratings haven't been improving dramatically yet it isn't the end of the world, they are going steadily. In the past year we have seen, the 3/3/11 debacle and the Jeff Hardy/Sting match. That wasn't Spikes fault was it? It was the fault of the I.W staff WHOEVER it may be. But with your logic they shouldn't blame themselves? :shrug: Take mistakes on the chin, that's what men do.

If things go wrong then surely he must take the blame. Nobody is criticizing, I'm not looking to see why rating aren't going up, it has to be a case of a million little things than one big thing, but reas the article, he's not saying I.W is the problem anymore, its Spike TV's lack of exposure, which could rub some of the big boys the wrong way. Especially when HH said he would treble ratings when he first came in.

Of course you'd blame someone else if you could. You can be the hero and act like a "man", but if you fuck up and you admit it, I doubt that anyone would give you a second chance, especially in a business environment where you're costing someone else money. As sleazy as it is, the sleazy ones go through life with the least amount of worries. Just look at who's running our respective countries. No heroes there.

But once again ... Hogan did not blame anyone. My logic was a general one, not in this case. Sly has been repeating it for two posts, I already said it once and now I'm saying it twice. He didn't blame anyone and say "It's them, not us, we're great, they're holding us back". Just re-read SlyFox's posts I'm tired of dealing with silly people.

Of course you'd blame someone else if you could. You can be the hero and act like a "man", but if you fuck up and you admit it, I doubt that anyone would give you a second chance, especially in a business environment where you're costing someone else money. As sleazy as it is, the sleazy ones go through life with the least amount of worries. Just look at who's running our respective countries. No heroes there.

But once again ... Hogan did not blame anyone. My logic was a general one, not in this case. Sly has been repeating it for two posts, I already said it once and now I'm saying it twice. He didn't blame anyone and say "It's them, not us, we're great, they're holding us back". Just re-read SlyFox's posts I'm tired of dealing with silly people.

Whether you do not reply is fine by me. Maybe the word ''blame'' shouldn't be used, rather a reason why right now I.W hasn't gone as far as it could have. Fair enough?

But to claim that Hogan shouldn't look at the quality of the show and to look at the Spike TV exposure reason is silly. Silly boy. I might blame my boss for me being late. Love that Logic Boy.

First of all what's TNA? Haven't you read any articles knowing the name change... Son?! :disappointed:
TNA is the company. You can visiting their website by going to http://tnawrestling.com

Notice the TNA icon everywhere on the site.

Secondly, theres a difference between reading and understanding. He is subtly saying that iMpact Wrestling < ;) Cannot be taken to the next level, unless Spike TV get more exposure.
Which is 100% correct. :shrug:

So it is up to Spike to do their part to help I.W.
No, you're not understanding.

Hulk Hogan doesn't want Spike to help TNA, he wants Spike to help Spike, and whenever SpikeTV brings in more viewers, THAT will help TNA. However, he also wants TNA to be a flagship program which works hand in hand with Spike to get those viewers.

Doesn't this claim that they aren't moving ahead due to other parties?
No, it's simply stating a fact. Let me give you another example.

Buffalo Wild Wings used to sell an appetizer called "Cheeseburger Dippers". I loved these things so much, I had to buy a new pair of pants every time I ate them because I didn't want to clean the mess I made in my pants when the dippers were in front of me. However, a couple years ago, I order Cheeseburger Dippers from the local BWW, and they tell me they are out. They tell me they will not be getting anymore, because they've been told to quit selling them. And usually when a restaurant chain quits selling a product, it's because not enough people buy them to make it worth selling.

Using the above example, the local store is TNA and the restaurant chain is Spike. The local store can't sell more cheeseburger dippers to me, because the chain doesn't have enough interest to continue growing the demand for the cheeseburger dippers. Which is to say, TNA can't grow, until the network (or the chain, if you prefer to think of it in that way) is able to draw up more business as a whole.

Hope that example helps.

If you cannot fathom that somebody can take meaning out of a statement then just don't post maybe?
You're right, YOUR interpretation of Hulk Hogan makes much more sense than mine. I'm the one who should quit posting. :rolleyes:

Your interpretation is terrible. Not only is it assuming things Hogan never said, as well as ratings going down when they've really been going up, it also just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

It isn't a particularly absurd opinion either, just because you do not agree doesn't make you right, much as it doesn't necessarily mean that I'm right, just stating an opinion that can be seen within the argument I just said. Thanks son ;)
It is an absurd opinion, especially because this isn't an "opinion" topic. You misinterpreting what Hogan said. That's not an opinion, that's just being wrong. RTFA, and then get back to me kid.

After reading the article, I get the impression that he's saying TNA-Spike needs to help each other grow both brands.
That is exactly what Hogan is saying. Thank you for getting it.

Pretty much exactly what I was gonna type... RAW had no problems kicking WCW's ass while on Spike TV.

-Bill

Really? Because WCW was already half dead. First off, RAW was on TNN. Which was rebranded to Spike TV and ever since Spike has been terrible in gathering viewership because they are a male only channel. Nobody cares for Spike TV.

Fact is, Spike NEVER promotes Impact. But I see billboards of "Deadliest Warrior" on the NYC subway stations. Spike is not even Top 10 in cable channel ratings in 2011.

When a TV network picks up a show, it's their job to get commercial ads on other TV networks. I have never seen TNA advertised by Spike. Ever.

Once, again the IWC would rather talk shit about Hogan and TNA but not learn facts and how the TV Business works. Typical.

FYI, here is the numbers for WWE's last show on Spike: http://forums.prowrestlingfans.com/...wwe-raw-does-bad-last-spike-tv-broadcast.html

Totally kicked ass huh?

I know funds are probably limited but if you, (TNA) only do house shows in Florida and the surrounding states, how are you going to make "awareness" and grow? Here in California, we have more backyard shows then we know what to do with. We'd love to see TNA out here. WWE comes around maybe 8 to 10 times a year. Not all of those shows are sell outs by far but they do put some asses in the seats and build up the PPV's. The economy sucks but make some effort to get out and do more house shows.

TNA is the company. You can visiting their website by going to http://tnawrestling.com

Notice the TNA icon everywhere on the site.

Which is 100% correct. :shrug:

No, you're not understanding.

Hulk Hogan doesn't want Spike to help TNA, he wants Spike to help Spike, and whenever SpikeTV brings in more viewers, THAT will help TNA. However, he also wants TNA to be a flagship program which works hand in hand with Spike to get those viewers.

No, it's simply stating a fact. Let me give you another example.

Buffalo Wild Wings used to sell an appetizer called "Cheeseburger Dippers". I loved these things so much, I had to buy a new pair of pants every time I ate them because I didn't want to clean the mess I made in my pants when they were in front of me. However, a couple years ago, I order Cheeseburger Dippers from the local BWW, and they tell me they are out. They tell me they will not be getting anymore, because they've been told to quit selling them. And usually when a restaurant chain quits selling a product, it's because not enough people buy them to make it worth selling.

Using the above example, the local store is TNA and the restaurant chain is Spike. The local store can't sell more cheeseburger dippers to me, because the chain doesn't have enough interest to continue growing the demand for the cheeseburger dippers. Which is to say, TNA can't grow, until the network (or the chain, if you prefer to think of it in that way) is able to draw up more business as a whole.

Hope that example helps.

You're right, YOUR interpretation of Hulk Hogan makes much more sense than mine. I'm the one who should quit posting. :rolleyes:

Your interpretation is terrible. Not only is it assuming things Hogan never said, as well as ratings which have been going up not down, it also just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

It is an absurd opinion, especially because this isn't an "opinion" topic. You misinterpreting what Hogan said. That's not an opinion, that's just being wrong. RTFA, and then get back to me kid.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/tna-changes-websitelogo-to-reflect-new-impact-name-129761

Read that. Look at the first website name... Impactwrestling.com Maybe? Now it's Tnawrestling again which isn't too much as a surprise, atleast the change lasted longer than the average face/heel changes eyy haha. Just a little joke to ease the tension ;)

Noooowwwwwww. For Spike to help Total Impact Non Stop Wrestling Action it has to help itself. Hogan said the more exposure Spike got the more it helps (Insert Name Here). Hogan doesn't want Spike to gain exposure for the sake of it. He wants it for the sake of the schizophrenic company.

He doesn't want Spike to help itself for the sake of I.W/TNA he wants it for Spike... Which will then in turn help I.T.N.W.A. Soooo yeah he does want them to gain more exposure for them? Contradiction time?!

Have you never read a story and got something different from somebody else? It happens. The problem is you're not seeing the bigger picture in Hogans words.

HE is saying... We cant grow as of now.
This is due to Spike not being as exposed as it could be.
Therefore Spike is not helping them out. :banghead:

If that does not sound like blame to you then I have to simply say WOW. I obviously cannot get you to see my reason so this is getting pointless. Im gonna get another RTFA, so I'll just give you another ;)

Try not to worry about my interpretation too much, it isn't your fault you cannot see the bigger picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNHellbilly88
After reading the article, I get the impression that he's saying TNA-Spike needs to help each other grow both brands.

Doesn't physically say this yet you can agree? I say something that isn't physically said yet you disagree and claim I'm 100% wrong.

I can seriously only laugh at this. Take a step back and seriously look at THIS post and tell me you aren't talking out of your ass a little bit... Kid.

Im probably going to get killed for this, but didnt Hogan know these obstacles going into this ? Why didnt he mention Spike TV as a problem when he took over this thing and then talk about a plan of how hes going to help them overcome it ?

I want them to have ratings, i want wrestling to be fun again, i want them to be booked right and have people know who they are. But the facts are what they are, has TNA grown under Hogan and Bischoff at all in the ratings ? Do more people know about TNA today then before ? Maybe you guys will reel of some facts that i dont know about.

Hogan made a lot of bold statements when he took this thing over and so far theyre seems to be little progress, i think thats the real issue here. To mention facts about Spike now 9 months later after little progress does look like the blame game to a novice like me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back