TNA and Spike TV

Strife3

Pre-Show Stalwart
Watching Star Wars Ep 4 today Spike aired a TNA ad with Brook Hogan about her comming to TNA but Spike played Hogans music from WWE, Could this cause a counter suit? TNA is suing WWE and there is a chance that TNA could be wrong about Information leaked yet WWE has a copyright to 'Real American' which is Hulk Hogan and Pat Patterson's WWE theme's. If WWE wanted to Sue TNA and Spike it wouldn't be too hard with it being aired on TV.

Well, first off, TNA is not suing WWE, at least not yet. They've filed an injunction to stop that guy from destroying records, that's it. Second off, Hogan had special deals in place with WWE where he has rights to use his likeness, so that probably includes that song. And thirdly, even if you were right, all WWE could get out of that is to pull the commercial, and maybe marginal damages. It's not nearly as egregious as what TNA may expect WWE is doing.

are you sure it was his music? his theme in tna and nash's wwe current theme sound pretty similar but are not the same nWo theme. studios film scenes specifically for movie trailers, maybe TNA had a quick riff written that sounded similar.

I'm guessing this is the video he is talking about. http://youtu.be/6j5wboisNZY

Are you 100% sure WWE owns Real American? I've seen it used on Jackass and Eastbound & Down. Rick Derringer wrote the song and he has a live version for sale on itunes.

Or maybe, didn't TNA and WWE work out some kind of deal to get Flair to the HOF? Maybe they knew Brooke was coming in and was able to work out using the song in commercials.

Since we are all pretending to be lawyers here and understand the law to its fulliest degree.. I'll play along too and give someone another persepective..

What if TNA Doesn't Have the right's to Hogans wwe theme song but that's why spike tv uploaded this, not the TNAWrestling since it wasn't on there show but in a commercial, technically spike TV might have permission from wwe because wwe aired on spike tv for so many year's so their might be a loop whole somewhere.

I think I found the answer. Apparently many of the WWF's theme songs were recorded under Epic Records in 1985 for "The Wrestling Album". Epic/Sony own the rights to that album and "Real American" was one of the songs on the album. So that may be why TNA got away with using it, as WWE does not own the rights to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back