Spike TV Cancels TNA ReAction

Thats the LAST thing I see happening
If they are putting Xplosion on it has to be on another night probably the weekend.

It woudl make no sense for the B-Roll show with curtain jerkers to be on after the main event and if they moved it in front of Impact and move Impact back it makes Impact's rating lower and might as well just call Impact a three hour show
I'm really shocked that ReAction has been cancelled I don't understand this decision by Spike TV like Jack Hammer said the ratings were really good for a show that airs from 11-12 on a Thursday Night and it almost always retained half of the viewers from Impact. The Only reason I could see why Spike did this because early in the Year there were rumors that Spike was looking to add Xplosion to the lineup now with the Cancelation of ReAction I think its very Possible that Spike might want to Add Xplosion. I thought that ReAction was a Great Show and I'm upset that its cancelled, but the only good thing I can see coming from this is the addition of Xplosion to Spike.

To me, that sounds like there'll be a number of 3 hour episodes of iMPACT! in 2010. I just hope that they don't decide to go 3 hours on a regular basis. Of course, I could be wrong about that and they could simply mean that they'll be airing a different TNA program at certain times of the year.
Seems like a smart enough idea. The ReAction concept never really caught on, and I'd be willing to bet a third hour of wrestling would draw better then a third hour of talking.

Something TNA needs to be careful of, however, is diluting their content with a third hour. If they take what they have now and spread it out over an extra hour, the program as a whole will suffer, as Nitro did when it went to three hours. The three-hour Raw concept works, in that it happens rarely enough to trick the audience into believing it's special programming they should tune in for. (The W also tends to prop up the three-hour cards with special events, like King of the Ring, and the start of the Nexus angle.) As a regular occurrence, I'm not sure a company can create that much interest in that many different parts of their show, no matter who they are.

I think TNA would be wisest to aim for a two-hour Impact! and a one-hour wrestling show on either late Tuesday or Saturday night, where ratings pressure isn't as high but you can still draw a wrestling audience. Two hours seems to be the sweet spot for a weekly program, and the Saturday show could be used in the WCW Saturday Night fashion, as a supplement to the main Impact! program.

There is no deeper meaning. Reaction was always booked as a short term program that actually overachieved. The ratings were non-exist because it aired at such a late time.

I'm sure TNA will either book a 3 hour show on a weekly basis and make the 3rd hour a reaction type feature or they will bring TNA Xplosion over to the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back