Best Raw/Smackdown Opening Theme?

a7xfan93

Pre-Show Stalwart
Over the past several years we have heard several opening themes for Monday Night Raw, and Thursday/Friday Night Smackdown. There have been a couple of bad ones, but my question that I would like to discuss is which opening theme do you like the best? Also, what song would you change?

To me, the best Monday Night Raw opening theme was "...To Be Loved" by Papa Roach. Burn It To The Ground by Nickelback is an ok song, but Papa Roach was way better.

The best Smackdown Opening theme to me was "Let It Roll" by Divide the Day. That song seemed intense, and fit Smackdown perfectly.

Now, on to the change. I would change the Smackdown Theme from "Know Your Enemy" by Green Day to "War" by Sick Puppies. If you've never heard that song, here it is:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWMFk8zk45I[/YOUTUBE]

I think that song would also fit smackdown perfectly.

Now on to you. What is your favorite opening theme?

What would you change?

i think raw's best theme was across the nation by union underground

I trhink smackdowns was rise up 2004 or if you rock like me

The best Smackdown song was definitely The Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson. It went so well with the opening that it got you hyped up with every beat. For RAW I gotta its To Be Loved by Papa Roach.

I will say though that Raw needs a big theme change, and fast.

Raw's best theme for me was the Attitude Era theme, it just fit so well with that time and it just made you pumped up to see it.

Smackdown's best theme for me had to be "The Beautiful People" theme by Marilyn Manson, I don't really know why but it just fit so well with the fist punching threw the glass set up.

Best Raw: Thorn in Your Eye and Across the Nation.

Best Smackdown: Any EXCEPT Rise Up. It was so unexciting and energy draining.

Nothing beats the the classic Raw is War intro, the one previous to what people consider the Attitude Era theme. Closely followed by the War Zone intro.

As some has mentioned the Beautiful People, this is why the Raw theme was so brillant at the time. The Smackdown theme was brillant for its time but put it over that Raw intro and its shockingly bad, as they did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEaiqhnAug0

Going back to that Raw theme, it was just so different and brillantly put together. You have the siren, like the WWF was in danger, a treat looming (WCW). The bomb going off to show the War had begun and then the glass breaking and Austin walks right through the War (I'll ignore the Ahmed Johnson kicking through the door). It sumed up the whole era in one intro. The 'Attitude Era' one was good but not on this level and from there each one of them has got worse and worse.

As for Smackdown, The Beautiful People was a good theme as mentioned but I personally would say the 2003 opening, it reflected the wrestlers better and Smackdown as a whole.

If you aren't saying Raw's best intro was "Thorn in your eye", you are fucking stupid, you have no proper taste in music, and you should probably go jump into a fire and spend the rest of your life in a burn ward of some shady hospital in insufferable pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back