Best Movie Series

GI Cake

Thank God For Sodamy.
As the title states, I want to talk about some of my top three movie series of all time. And the selections are tough. Who didn't fall in love with the Adventures of Indiana Jones? Or who didn't stop rooting for Luke Skywalker in Star Wars? Hell, Mission Impossible is a movie series that always manages to explore the depths of the world of International espionage with Ethan Hawk. And who can not forget about NYPD Officer John McClane overcoming the odds and stopping criminal masterminds? Even the epic tales of The Lord of the Rings were able to capture audience for more than just one movie.

indiana_jones_collection_01.jpg

3. The Adventures of Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones, perhaps one of the coolest treasure hunting, Archaeologist, College professor's on the face of the earth. Ever since the first movie where we saw the man escape from an ancient booby trapped temple we all knew that Indy was going to be an icon in movie history. The man behind character, Harrison Ford gives an amazing performance in all 4 movies. His quick wit, and passionate nature failed to give any reason why anyone would detest Indiana as a person.

die-hard-mobile-game.jpg

2.Die Hard

Remember when we first me John McClane? Argyle picked him up from the plane. He went to see his wife in the 40 story tall, Naktomi tower. As soon as the viewer meets John McClane you get a instant impression on what kind of man he is. A headstrong, determined, foul mouthed cop from New York who didn't take shit from anybody. It didn't matter if it was a group of terrorist robbing a tower or an F-35 jet. John McClane would face it all in stride and come out on top. The reason why Die Hard scores number two on my favorite movie series is because the fact that John McClane wasn't a special agent, or a highly trained trooper. He was a New York City cop who went through hell and back because if he didn't, no one would and the bad guys would win. That kind of heroism yet weakness in a character is rare in not only movies, but in real life as well.

And last but not least.

[YOUTUBE]sFvQOc4xS2k[/YOUTUBE]
1. Star Wars

The movie that changed the face of not only Science Fiction, but the face of pop culture all together. The franchise that generated a cult like fan base. It is almost impossible to name a fan base bigger than the one that Star Wars has. Star Wars plays the classic good conquers against all evil with the tales of a near extinct race of Space Monk Warriors called the Jedi. This franchise has touched the eyes of every boy and girl alike even today.

What are your favorite Movie Series of all time?

I always lover the Men In Black series. The tale of aliens coming to earth and a secret organization keeps them hidden. Also Will Smith is hilarious. XD

Couple other film sets for consideration (in no particular order and skipping those with extreme quality issues like the Police Academys or the many 80s horror franchises):

Lethal Weapon

American Pie (1-3 before the weaker spin offs)

Kevin Smith's Jay & Silent Bob set (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, J&SB Strike Back, Clerks2)

Toy Story

Ice Age

(Much as I hate to say it) Harry Potter

(Again, not a massive fan) LotR

James Bond

Rocky

Rambo

Dirty Harry

Dollars Trilogy

Planet of the Apes

Spiderman

XMen (including or excluding Wolverine)

Batman (either series)

Superman

Avengers (Hulk, Ironman, Capt America, Thor)

Alien

Terminator

Scream

Godfather

Mighty Ducks (sue me, I'm a big kid at heart)

Star Trek

Spy Kids

Planet of the Apes

Wow i mean there are so many movie series that are good series's, but in the end went for to long and ruined the series.

I will not say my main favorite for now since i wanna make a thread about my favorites eventually, but i will say that one of my favorites is the Scream series.

Scream 4 i thought was great despite most people not liking it, i enjoyed it and hope to see a Scream 5.

The two best series are

Back to the Future and Basket Case(trust me the Basket Case trilogy is a must see)

i would pick the adventures of indiana jones(without any doubt) as my favourite. Also the matrix triology has a special place in my heart-not bcoz of fan following but if u watch matrix 1,yeah it like same old superhero trend but the way they picked up in matrix reloaded and ultimately matrix revolutions had me spellbound! Then we all love the pirate captain jack sparrow,although the latest movie,on strangers tide was a bit not upto the mark. Among thriller, mission immpossible series is awesome. While Spiderman movies are huge with fans base and the gross income, scream series and final destination movies are also worth watching and loving. At last,underworld and mib series really strike some dark and humorous chords.

Indiana Jones- Always been a fan of the action movies; I always wanted to be Shortround (take his place)

Lord of the Rings- I've always loved the idea of Elves. And Legalous just makes me go weak at the knees. Even if you aren't a fan you must admit that they supermaned him just for the hell of it. (it's Orlando Bloom, us chicks won't give a damn)

Die Hard- It's Bruce Willis. Enough said. Lol, jk. First movie was kick ass and the last one (the one with Mac guy) was pretty damn good.

Toy Story- My childhood favorite. Loved the castin for the voices (Tom Hanks + Tim Allen= Hell of a good time obviously) and the plots were never cheesey. Okay; Toy Story 2 was a little cheesey but it turned out okay. Plus one of the best finale's to a series I thought.

James Bond- Somehow, I feel if Wade Barrett were EVER to go face (can you say, NEVER?) they'd try to make him be like this guy. However, all sick jokes aside; the plot lines were always decent and every movie had that spy-packed crap we eat up. But it is a famed series that people still refer to even in my generation.

Harry Potter- I was one of the few people who actually thought to finish the book series ahead of the movie series but the only one of these I can say I didn't like was the sixth only because I just didn't like it. I'm sad they left out Peeves the Poltergiest (oh man that would've been hilarious to watch on screen) but the character representation was fantastic (Neville Longbottom FTW!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back