Favorite movie starring...Harrison Ford

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
If you describe the movie please put it in spoiler tags so it's not runied for anyone who may want to watch it.​

Another thread series that will be done by me. Seeing how today is Tuesday a new one will be put up every Tuesday. Don't ask me why I'm starting with Harrison Ford, I was sitting here at my computer and this thread series idea popped into along with his name. NOw on to business​

At 68 years old Harrison Ford has been acting since 1966 but his big break came while he was working as a carpenter and was hired by George Lucas to build cabnits for his home. For some reason Lucas decided to cast Harrison in his movie American Grafitti. This would have a huge effect on Ford's career due to the fact that Lucas played a big part in getting him cast as both Han Solo and Indiana Jones ( he got the former while reading othr parts for Star Wars and the later because Tom Selleck was busy).​

He's also starred in other movies such as Blade Runner, The Fugitive, What Lies Beneath and Air Force One. This is by no means the entire Filmography but really guys he started acting in 1966 there's way to many for me to list here.

The_Fugitive_movie.jpg

I'm sure a lot of people will be saying Indana Jones or Star Wars so I wanted to go with a movie of his that I love watching.​
Man (Ford) gets falsely convicted of his wifes murder and is sent to jail. He is able to escape. He then spends the entire movie trying to clear his name. I first saw this movie when i was 8or so and the scene where Ford is cornered by Tommy Lee Jones anddives over the edge of the spillway into the dam has always stuck with me and is one of my favorite scenes from any movie.​

The acting is superb by everyone involved and is an all around fantastic movie. If you've never seen it i highly reccomend it.​

You know, I like Harrison Ford, but have only seen a handful of his movies and am about 50/50 on them. I absolutely adore the original trilogy of Star Wars, yet I find the Indiana Jones movies vastly overrated, outside of Raiders of the Lost Ark. If I had to pick one Harrison Ford movie as my favorite I would probably choose Star Wars: A New Hope. I love the Hans Solo character and his badassness in the original film is legendary. I love how he returns in the ending to make the assist in destroying the Death Star. I dig Harrison For a lot, but I need to see some more of his movies. Maybe I'll rent The Fugitive and Blade Runner this weekend.

I love his Star Wars and Indiana Jones characters, which are practically the same thing but for the sake of choosing something different I like his Jack Ryan character (Clear and Present Danger, Patriot Games and The Secret World of spying).

I bought Blade Runner and tried watching it but I made it about 20 minutes in and couldn't wait anymore. I usually love futuristic movies but that's not one for me.

I like some of Harrison Ford's films. Although, outside of Star Wars, I'm really not too crazy about his other movies. Besides Star Wars, he's been in some solid films, but none of them have been that good or great.

My favorite Harrison Ford film would be Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. Solo was more humble in this film, and it was cool to see him become a team player. Han Solo's pursuit of Princess Leia was so fun to watch. He wouldn't give up, and he finally managed to capture Leia's heart towards the end. When Leia finally tells Solo she loves him, Solo answers her by saying, "I know." It was such a classic moment, because Han was moments away from being frozen in carbonite, and he was still confident despite his inevitable doom. Ford did a great job with the Han Solo character, and The Empire Strikes Back is my favorite Star Wars film, so this an easy pick for me.

I don't mind Star Wars and don't give a crap about Indiana Jones but there's an easy winner to this question and it's Blade Runner. Awesome AWESOME film, Harrison doesn't actually have a lot to work with but that makes sense within the context of the film. In the final scene with Rutger Hauer he doesn't even say anything but it's his moment and realization and dignity embues the last moments of Roy with significance when a lesser actor could have totally fucked that scene up and ruined one of cinemas greatest moments.

It has to be Patriot Games, one of the films based on Tom Clancy's novels, with Ford playing Jack Ryan and a supporting cast including Sean Bean (actually pulling off a really good irish accent!!).

Absolutely top notch movie, great action and a really good storyline about the IRA terrorists which gets real personal for good ol' Harrison.

Also starring James Earl Jones (the voice of Darth Vader which is awesome in itself), all the cast are brilliant and it makes for a really good movie which I recommend to anyone who hasnt seen it.

Honorable mentions to Raiders of The Lost Ark (Indie rocks) and Star Wars (Ford was the best thing in those films other than Vader)

For me it's a choice between either the original Star Wars or Raiders of the Lost Ark. Those are my two favorite movies that Harrison Ford has been in. Third would probably be American Grafitti because he was unknown at the time and he did such a good job with that role that it helped him get the part of Han Solo, which everyone knows him for. Even though his role in American Grafitti was what got him noticed, I'm still gonna go with both Star Wars or Raiders of the Lost Ark as my favorite films he was in due to them being among my favorite movies and Ford just happened to be a starring role in them.

I too, must pick Star Wars. I LOVE the original trilogy as well, but not sure I would have if Harrison wasn't in them. Luke Skywalker was such an annoying little twat, that Hans had to balance it out. If not for Hans, Star Wars would've been a bust!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back