Best match This Year (So Far)?

Which match do you think was the best this year so far?

• The Miz vs John Cena vs John Morrison at ER

• The Miz vs CM Punk on RAW

• John Cena vs CM Punk on RAW

• Cody Rhodes vs Rey Mysterio at ER

• HHH vs Undertaker at WM 27

Results are only viewable after voting.
John Cena vs. CM Punk - SummerSlam

I don't know about anyone else, but I actually enjoyed the wrestling more in this match than their MitB match.. Just because Dave said it's a 5 STAR MATCH, doesn't mean it was 5* to me..

If i'm going to pick a match based on pure drama, it would have to be Triple H vs. Undertaker at WrestleMania! This match, it was like a one of a kind, never before seen, it was worked sooo good! Great match, yes, we had some stoppage when Trips started to feel bad for Taker, but that to me was what made it much better and was just GOLD! Soo much drama, in the end, I couldn't even sit straight on my sofa especially when Trips hit the piledriver, I thought to myself, 'F*ck it, he won!

I struggled to get through Undertaker/HHH so that one is out. I may be the only one who didn't like the MITB match. It just felt like Taker/HHH with a better ending. If they had the match they had at Summerslam with the MITB ending, I would have enjoyed it.

I'm torn between the No Holds Barred or Cage match between Orton and Christian. The cage match had it all with incredible psychology and both guys brought it as they did every time. I'll go with the cage match slightly over Summerslam.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=178993&highlight=best+match+2011

I did this about a month and a half ago, and the poll result is kind of obvious. You're also missing some of the great matches that went down this year.

Personally, after getting away from the hype of the match and watching a few more times, I think Cena and Punk is slightly over-rated. Now, during the night of Money in the Bank, it was incredible. That was almost match of the decade DURING THAT NIGHT. Watching that match live was just incredible, so yes, it is probably match of the year. But if you see it again 2 months later, it's not the same.

Dolph Ziggler and Edge from the Rumble remains one of my favorite choices.

Expect a stupid Miz fan to hate on Punk and not include his last 2 ppv classics and then go on to say that Miz came anywhere close to having the best match of the year. Miz sucks in the ring, always has, and although he's improved he still sucks the big one. Punk/Cena at MitB is clearly match of the year I'm pretty sure most of the legends who tweeted on July 18th said the same thing but HHH-Taker at WM27 was also very very good and it gets my pick for second.

Punk/Orton at WM27 and Orton/Christian every time they faced gets my vote for 3-10

Is this kid high? Seriously?

You listed The Miz twice and didn't even nominate Cena vs. Punk at either Money in The Bank or Summerslam, no matches including say, Doph Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston from Capitol Punishment, Punk vs. Rey Mysterio at the same Pay-Per-View and then the shocking absentee is that there is no Christian vs. Randy Orton match at all? Like, they have three of the best matches in recent years and The Miz gets a match nomination over them? This thread is like a contradiction to the word, "best" with the nominees.

Totally ignoring the randomly drawn matches on the poll, I'd say either John Cena vs. CM Punk at Money in The Bank or Christian vs. Randy Orton at SummerSlam. I find it hard to nominate Cena vs. Punk at SummerSlam because the match itself wasn't as good or as exciting as Christian vs. Orton which easily stole the show in-terms of in-ring competition. Some people are including aftermatch occurances which are not a part of the bout itself.

CM Punk vs. Cena at MITB due to the feeling you got watching it. The suspense and the build-up in the angle, the quality of the bout and the actual ending with Vince and Laurinitas. Thought it was all put together brilliantly. And then Orton vs. Christian easily stole the show at SummerSlam, even more-so than the surprise return of Kevin Nash. They had the most violent match of the PG Era so far and just the chemistry they have makes it all that much better.

I didn't vote, because CM Punk VS Randy Orton @ WMXXVII, Cody Rhodes VS Rey Mysterio @ WMXXVII both stole the show... And the best match this year in my opinion was Christian VS Alberto Del Rio for the WHC @ ER; They both did a great job, one of wrestling's greatest controversies was put to rest, and ADR handled himself really well, for having limited ladder match experience. Also I love ladder matches anyway, so maybe I'm biased. I also have no idea why the CM Punk VS John Cena match @ MITB is an option. I don't care for John Cena, but that was an instant classic

Uhm.....where is Jeff Hardy vs Sting at Victory Road? Come on man your missing the best match of the decade.

In all seriousness I would have to say Cena vs Punk at MITB (where is it?). For
me Undertaker vs HHH at WM 27 was to slow and didn't live up to expectations set by their match at WM 17 or Taker's last 2 HBK matches at WM 25 and WM 26. The Punk vs Cena match had much more action and the crowd made it even better.

So you made a poll. . .a poll which you knew what choice would win the poll. . .so you specifically exclude it? wut?

Maybe the title of your thread should be second best match of the year, since you're purposefully excluding the best match of the year from the poll?

Anyway, I'm glad you at least didn't put Miz/Cena at Wrestlemania on there. That was the least cheered Wrestlemania manic event I've ever seen. You could almost hear crickets chirping whenever The Miz was on offense during the match.

I also did not like the HHH/Undertaker match. It was great, but COMPLETELY ruined by Undertaker scoring that incredibly cheap victory.

None of the poll options. For me it is between CM Punk vs. John Cena at Money in the Bank and CM Punk vs. John Cena at Summerslam. I really believe that both men put it all out there and gave all they had in both matches and I believe one of them will win Match of the Year on WWE TV. I may have to give a slight edge to CM Punk vs. John Cena at Money in the Bank though mainly due to the better ending. Not saying the Summerslam ending was bad because it was good and shocking to see Nash again but still Money in the Bank has the edge for me. I was actually kind of shocked that CM Punk defeated Super Cena. I was so happy to see CM Punk take out Del Rio and then get away with the WWE Championship. So my pick is CM Punk vs. John Cena at Money in the Bank.

My pick would have to be the first match of Raw! Miz/Morrision. Both have so much potential and talent. Awesome (no pun intended) match! Proved both have great chemistry and that they could have good matches. I wouldn't mind seeing Miz/Morrision at Mania for the WWE Title with Alberto Del Rio in a triple threat. Cena/Rock don't need the title and Punk will be in a high profiled non title match I hope.

completely agree here. ut/hhh and mitb cena/punk were great but i was completely surprised this match was not in the poll. had me on the edge of my seat the whole time and i am not even a fan of morrison. they were both great in this match however.

Punk vs. Cena at MITB is the best match this year. They lived up the hype and performed extremely well under pressure. This is the one match this year that triggered the change that the fans have all been waiting for. The rematch at summerslam wasn't as good though.

This thread title should be "The second best match this year" right? :lmao:

John Cena vs. CM Punk at Money In The Bank is the greatest match of 2011. Triple H vs. Undertaker at WrestleMania 27 is probably 2nd. John Morrison vs. The Miz on the 1st Jan edition of Raw would be my vote for 3rd.

Out of the matches on the list I will have to go for Undertaker Vs Triple H. I have not actually seen The Miz Vs CM Punk so I can't comment on that. I am biased towards the Undertaker seeing as I love him so but I do truley believe the match with Hunter was the best on the list and maybe the best match so far this year. It was a great match between two veterans who pushed with all they had to give at the time. The ending was pretty anticlimatic but I really enjoyed the match itself and it is was worthy of any Wrestlemania card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back