• Brock Lesnar vs. CM Punk - Summerslam

• Shield vs. Rhodes Brothers -Battleground

• John Cena vs. CM Punk - February 25 Raw

• Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton - December 16 Raw

• John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan - Summerslam

• Undertaker vs. CM Punk - Wrestlemania 29

• Daniel Bryan Runs The Gauntlet

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'll echo Tanahashi/Okada and Shibata/Ishii. Two amazing matches, both Meltzer *****.

Pointless even nominating either. I'd vote Elgin/Lethal from SCOHVI which was ****1/2 and was Meltzer's highest rated North American match of the year until SummerSlam, but that'd be like voting an independent film that only showed at Cannes for an Oscar; it could be awesome but because it didn't have a big enough budget, Argo will win.

Kassius Ohno vs William Regal
Sami Zayn vs Antonio Cesaro in a 2 out of 3 falls match.

Yeah, that match rocked my videoscope, but let me tell you somethin' else, yeah, let me tell you somethin' else and that's THE ENNN! EKSSS! TEEE! IIIIIIS PUTTTINNNINON SOME UNFURRRRRGETABLE MATCHES and it's on a roll, yeah, uh-HUH! and Sami Zayn is a star, the stars, yeah the stars, and he's goin' STRAIGHT TO THE TOP!

NO MORE QUESTIONS!

-Cena/Punk, Monday Night Raw
-Shelly/Devitt
-Kevin Steen vs. Chuck Taylor (BOLA 2013)
-Adam Cole vs. Kyle O'Reilly (Matt Rushmore)
-The Young Bucks vs. Candice & Joey (Matt Rushmore)

Punk vs. Lesnar was great, but where it falls slightly short for me is the amount of help Lesnar needed from Heyman to win. Slightly short of believable.

Cena vs. Bryan, especially with Cena wrestling such a phenomenal match with his arm that messed up, and for the great false finish with Bryan's roll-up, only for him to introduce the Busaiku knee as his finisher.

Cena vs. Bryan it is, for me.

Has to be Lesnar vs Punk. The ultimate match-up of speed vs power, coupled with high stakes and great psychology.

In what world is CM Punk the "ultimate" of speed?

Lesnar vs. Punk was a good match, but Punk vs. Cena on Raw was better, and Cena vs. Bryan was better than that. Taker vs. Punk also probably deserves a mention, but for me it's Bryan vs. Cena.

Cena Vs Bryan, easily(if we arent allowed to count NXT matches)

I didnt really get Punk Vs Lesnar

Cena Vs Punk literally put me to sleep with that first 5 - 10 minutes

Cena vs Bryan. That match was phenomenal and easily my favorite Bryan singles match in WWE. Was Shield vs THN/R this year? What about Shield vs Cena/Orton/Sheamus?

Punk/Lesnar. I must admit, I may have said Bryan/Cena if the order on the show had been flip-flopped. I was beat during the main event.

Cena vs Bryan. That match was phenomenal and easily my favorite Bryan singles match in WWE.
Was Shield vs THN/R this year?
No, it was at the 2012 TLC PPV.

What about Shield vs Cena/Orton/Sheamus?
It was Ryback with Cena and Sheamus, and that was at EC 2013. I don't remember Cena/Orton/Sheamus teaming together against the Shield.

In terms of actual story-telling, I would say Punk/Lesnar was the best match I have seen this year. KB's review summed up my feelings about it pretty well. The smart, resourceful Punk kept the monster off balance throughout the match and had him reeling, only for his emotions to get the better of him in the end and once Lesnar, the beast that he is, got hold of a weapon and was able to use it, it was game over. I also think that for one of the few times in recent memory, the commentary helped the story too.

Cena/Punk relied a bit more on their freakish chemistry and the prize for the winner.

In terms of story, I would put Sami Zayn's matches with the Real Americans high on the list as Zayn himself plays and sells the small but brave competitor so well.

1.) No DQ: CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman [Summerslam]
2.) WWE Championship: John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan with Triple H as Special Guest Referee [Summerslam]
3.) The Shield (Seth Rollins & Roman Reings) w/Dean Ambrose vs. The Rhodes Brothers w/Dusty Rhodes [Battleground]
4.) Dean Ambrose vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow vs. Fandango vs. Antonio Cesaro vs. Jack Swagger vs. Wade Barrett [Money In The Bank]
5.) The Undertaker vs. CM Punk w/Paul Heyman [Wrestlemania 29]
6.) The Shield vs. John Cena, Sheamus & Ryback [Elimination Chamber]
7.) WWE Championship: The Rock vs. CM Punk w/Paul Heyman [Elimination Chamber]
8.) World Heavyweight Championship: Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian [Summerslam]
9.) CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Sheamus vs. Randy Orton vs. Christian [Money In The Bank]
10.) United States Championship: Kofi Kingston vs. Dean Ambrose [Extreme Rules]

Honorable Mention:
- Jack Swagger w/Zeb Colter vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Chris Jericho vs. Randy Orton vs. Mark Henry vs. Kane [Elimination Chamber]
- The Shield vs. Randy Orton, Sheamus & The Big Show [Wrestlemania 29]
- WWE Tag Team Championships: Team Hell No vs. The Shield (Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns) [Extreme Rules]
- Cage Match: Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman [Extreme Rules]
- WWE Tag Team Championships: The Shield (Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns) vs. The Usos [Money In The Bank]
- United States Championship: Dean Ambrose vs. Rob Van Dam [Summerslam]
- WWE Tag Team Championships: The Rhodes Brothers vs. The Shield (Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns) vs. The Usos [Hell In A Cell]

The Daniel Bryan gauntlet before SummerSlam.

In a runaway. I put this up in the MOTY thread in the Elite Member Moon Base. I was scoffed at.

Somehow not up there. Fucking hell.

Also, Rhodes Vs Shield deserves more than three votes. That was fuckin great.

In a runaway. I put this up in the MOTY thread in the Elite Member Moon Base. I was scoffed at.

Somehow not up there. Fucking hell.

Also, Rhodes Vs Shield deserves more than three votes. That was fuckin great.

I know it's a bit late but Merry Christmas buddy.

I just want the world to know, I didn't scoff at NorCal. I just said that Cena vs. Punk on Raw was better. Because it probably was.

Then he threatened me with physical violence and I've been running from state to state ever since.

I just want the world to know, I didn't scoff at NorCal. I just said that Cena vs. Punk on Raw was better. Because it probably was.

Then he threatened me with physical violence and I've been running from state to state ever since.

The fact that he can scare you with threats from about 15,000 miles away should teach all these rookies about the power of Norcal.

The fact that he can scare you with threats from about 15,000 miles away should teach all these rookies about the power of Norcal.

It helps that he knows where my parents live, and they'd probably tell him anything after he rips open the garage door with his bare hands.

Get me in there. I won't scoff.

Someone needs to explain to me why they prefer Cena-Bryan to Punk-Lesnar. I don't feel compelled to argue. But I need to understand what the other side is seeing.

Get me in there. I won't scoff.

Someone needs to explain to me why they prefer Cena-Bryan to Punk-Lesnar. I don't feel compelled to argue. But I need to understand what the other side is seeing.

I'd pick Punk vs. Lesnar, but my guess is because of the unexpected ending.

I thought the Bryan win was obvious.

The general rule of thumb is that when John Cena defends against one of my all-time favourite wrestlers who also happens to be a smark favourite, he loses. See: Van Dam, Rob. Punk, CM.

I thought the Bryan win was obvious.

The general rule of thumb is that when John Cena defends against one of my all-time favourite wrestlers who also happens to be a smark favourite, he loses. See: Van Dam, Rob. Punk, CM.

I was referring to the running knee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back