• Brock Lesnar vs. CM Punk - Summerslam

• Shield vs. Rhodes Brothers -Battleground

• John Cena vs. CM Punk - February 25 Raw

• Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton - December 16 Raw

• John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan - Summerslam

• Undertaker vs. CM Punk - Wrestlemania 29

• Daniel Bryan Runs The Gauntlet

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lesnar/Punk or Cena/Bryan. I was on the edge of my seat for both, and both were aided by the fact that you couldn't quite be sure on who would win.

Cena/Punk. That match for me personally, was the one that set the tone for the rest of the year and still stands.

Austin Aries /AJ Styles (TNA Impact 1 August 2013)

Kurt Angle /Bobby Roode (Bound for Glory)

Brock Lesnar /CM Punk (Summerslam)

Punk vs Cena to go to Mania is my own personal favorite. Both really brought it, and was a really nice surprise for a Main Event of RAW.

Ishii vs Shibata, G1 Climax Day 4. If you have not seen this match PLEASE go and do so. It's only about 12 minutes long but it's one of the best matches I have ever seen. And I'm not just saying that because it's Japanese wrestling, everything in the match is just perfect, please go and watch it!

Another one from NJPW would be Okada and Tanahashi's match from April. All of their matches are brilliant but this one is also near perfect, when these two are in the ring together it's just magic.

From WWE, Punk vs Lesnar absolutely. I didn't think it would work, but I was happily proven wrong!

TNA didn't seem to push out as many good matches this year but both Styles vs Aries matches were classics. Also this may be a bit of a strange choice to some but I adored Bully vs Sting, that match had great storytelling and had me marking out left right and centre!

Alex Shelley vs Prince Devitt: Best Of The Super Jrs XX

It's the only match from this year I've gone back and watched multiple times.

Daniel Bryan gauntlet match.

Honourable mention: Sami Zayn v Antonio Cesaro 2/3 falls (put that on a WWE PPV and it would be very easily up there with the best)

Kassius Ohno vs William Regal
Sami Zayn vs Antonio Cesaro in a 2 out of 3 falls match.

I'll say Lesnar/Punk was the best this year. Cena/Bryan was a fantastic match as were some of the Rhodes/Shield matches.

I have to ask: why does everyone rate Cesaro/Zayn so highly. It was solid but it was not a match of the year candidate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back