Bayley's Shoulder Injury And Why It's Bad News

Wildcat66

Mastermind of ATV
So, remember when I said Bayley was failing on the main roster? I do too. Remember what happened afterwards when Bayley started winning matches again and became the no. 1 contender? Good times right?

Well, it looks like we're back to square number one.

As many have noted, her match with Nia Jax was rather awkward and slow; and now it seems we have the reason why.

Link: http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/bayley-shoulder-injury-wwe-summerslam/

As it states, Bayley injured her shoulder during her match which may have lead to the match being as clunky as it was, but it is the reason Bayley was favoring her shoulder as much as she was.

Yesterday, we got word that the injury was not kayfabe and legitimate. WWE also stirred up the pot and brought up a video of Bayley being evalutated and talking about the injury.

She will be getting a diagnosis next week once her shoulder is no longer swollen up.

Now listen, there are some things we in the world can't control, bad days are inevitable, wars will be fought, disasters will happen; but if it turns out to be true then this sucks for Bayley. Things were finally seeming to look in the right direction for her, having won two straight against Bliss and defeating Sasha Banks to be no. 1 contender, but it also sucks on a different level.

It wasn't long ago that she was injured by Nia Jax in the stomach; which ended up causing her to be taken out to the back and be forced to sit the rest of a tag match out. She also once had an hand injury back in NXT which cost her two months of her career, so she has a bit of a history with getting injured. And as we've seen before, this is considered a death knell for anyone wishing to be a main eventer in WWE.

Remember when we all thought Dolph Ziggler or Wade Barrett were going to be the next big things? Turns out they had injury problems that forced things to change, how about when Bray Wyatt looked like he was turning face last year? Nope, he injured himself and now he's once again a heel.

See, whenever someone who's shown main event potential gets the reputation of injury-prone, nine times out of ten; they tend not to stay in the main event or even get to it at all. There's a reason Finn Balor is nowhere near the Universal title right now and a reason why Emma doesn't get much of an opportunity to show off her skills, it's because they've been labeled as 'injury-prone' and in WWE, that disqualifies you from being a headliner.

I know it sounds like i'm ringing the alarm bells for Bayley's career, and in a way I probably am. But you can not have any worse timing than this and I really hope that this is all in kayfabe, but the way things are going; it doesn't look too good.

Well any injury for any star is bad news. Sure, she's suffered her share of injuries in the past, but unlike Ziggler or Barrett, it doesn't seem to be a recurring injury in the same areas. She's just a bit unfortunate. And in that respect, I think she will be okay. If anything, I think some time away might not be a bad thing. Bayley has suffered on the main roster and has lost so much steam in the last year. Not that an injury is the way to do it, but this might be an opportunity for WWE to reboot what they are doing with Bayley. Of course, this might not be too serious an injury, but it didn't look too healthy. I think Bayley will be fine in the long run, and I want her success to grow. Time will tell what the short term future holds for Bayley.

If she isn't injured and this is all a work, I think there's a possibility that it's ultimately leading to a Sasha heel turn and a match with Bayley at WrestleMania next year. Maybe it's nothing more than wishful thinking on my part, but I could see it happening. I could see Sasha slowly reverting back to her heel persona during her 4th run as champ that leads to a falling out with Bayley. This also gives WWE an opportunity to play up the underdog angle with Bayley once again and to start it off fresh if she's taken off TV for a while to sell the injury.

If she really is injured, then a lot depends on how severe the injury is. I don't think she's in much danger of being labeled as injury prone as things just kept happening to guys like Kennedy/Anderson, Ziggler & Barrett one right after the other. In the cases of Kennedy/Anderson and Barrett, it seems like they would always suffer some sort injury that'd put them on the shelf for months when they had built up, and were continuing to build, solid momentum. In Ziggler's case, it was concussions that made WWE executives nervous and while I think their caution when it comes to concussions is a little overkill at times, you have to take into account that, comparatively speaking, WWE is under a microscope compared to every other wrestling promotion.

If she is injured and she's off TV for a while it's a blessing in disguise. They don't know what to do with Bayley. A bit of a break and a return in the new year would be great for her. A fresh start. Then she should have enough momentum to have a feud with Banks leading to Mania.

Could be a great thing.

Have Banks attack her behind the scenes and injury her, perhaps without it being revealed who crocked her - Banks takes her place and beats Bliss. Then Bayley returns and is forced to climb the ladder in order to get her shot at Bliss and Banks. She can mow through Dana and Emma; defeat Nia; go after Bliss thinking she hurt her, only for it to be revealed that it was Sasha.

Big Wrestlemania title match.

Before Jumping to conclusion about this, let's just wait and see if the injury is legit or not. Personally, i think that this is all part of a bigger storyline that will lead to either a three way or just a plain one on one match with sasha and Alexa at summerslam we're bayley accidently cost Sasha the match.

The reason i think this injury is all part of this storyline is quite simple, when they have actual injury, they don't use their Youtube account to talk about the injury, normally is mention on their website and later on in the week they might post a video but never would they post a video the day of the injury.

The second reason i feel this is a storyline is the fact that they hype the shit out of the fact that bayley shouldn'T be challenging for the title at summerslam and that sasha should be the one in that match on bring it to the table. Their a reason this was an subject on the show and that they focus a lot of time on the subject, so that make me think that somehow sasha sneek her way into the titlematch at summerslam.

What i see happening from now until raw if i'm right about the injury is this. On monday, Angle says that Bayley isn't cleared to wrestled tonight and might not be ready in time for summerslam so tonight, where getting a number contender match between sasha and Nia jax. If Bayley is cleared in time then the title match would become a 3 way between alexa,bayley and whoever wins between Sasha and Nia. Obviously Sasha wins the match probably because of Alexa costing nia the match.

Then on the go home show, Have sasha and alexa do a face to face contract signing and after both girls finish signing the contract, here comes bayley, says that she got cleared to return at summerslam and sign her name and the match becomes a 3 way.

The major differnce here is that we are talking female vs male....females dont have to carry the company and wont screw up big matches Vince has planned as he doesnt have big matches planned for them....As for Emma the reason she has been a jobber is more due to heat with Managment for resisting the Emmalina gimmick....They love to be petty and doing what they do is their punishment
Plus as long as Bayley is a top merch seller (and probably tops among all females) she will stay in the title picture
Remember when we all thought Dolph Ziggler or Wade Barrett were going to be the next big things? Turns out they had injury problems that forced things to change, how about when Bray Wyatt looked like he was turning face last year? Nope, he injured himself and now he's once again a heel.

See, whenever someone who's shown main event potential gets the reputation of injury-prone, nine times out of ten; they tend not to stay in the main event or even get to it at all. There's a reason Finn Balor is nowhere near the Universal title right now and a reason why Emma doesn't get much of an opportunity to show off her skills, it's because they've been labeled as 'injury-prone' and in WWE, that disqualifies you from being a headliner.

I know it sounds like i'm ringing the alarm bells for Bayley's career, and in a way I probably am. But you can not have any worse timing than this and I really hope that this is all in kayfabe, but the way things are going; it doesn't look too good.

The major differnce here is that we are talking female vs male....females dont have to carry the company and wont screw up big matches Vince has planned as he doesnt have big matches planned for them....As for Emma the reason she has been a jobber is more due to heat with Managment for resisting the Emmalina gimmick....They love to be petty and doing what they do is their punishment
Plus as long as Bayley is a top merch seller (and probably tops among all females) she will stay in the title picture

I might be wrong, but i think as far as Emma is concern, is more because of the whole shoplifting incident a few years back that lead to her getting release for a day before fans and some high up in the company pretty much forced them to rehire her because it made for a bad example has far as public relations was concern. So they we're forced to hire her back and she been punish ever since by pretty much being given nothing to do since then plus the fact that she's now one of the veteran on the raw side pretty much guarantees that they won't put any focus on her at all unless to switch her to smackdown. But again, that's just what i think happened with Emma. Let not forget that they did the same thing with Jack Swagger after he got arrested so Vince in particular seems to be petty about stuff like that. If you get arrested and make the company look back, no matter how many years as past since the incident, you not going to get any focus put on you ever again.

It's being reported that Bayley is now officially off SummerSlam. After undergoing an evaluation this morning, it was revealed that she has a separated shoulder. The reports don't mention how severe the injury is or how much time she'll be taking off, but Bayley will be on Raw tonight with a promo segment discussing all that.

In the meantime, Alexa Bliss' new opponent for SummerSlam will be determined over the next few weeks. On Raw tonight, there'll be two triple threat matches with the winners of each facing off in a singles match next week to determine the new #1 contender.

If this injury is real, and I of course hope that it isn't, then it can actually be a good thing imo. Sasha is going to be the next champion now without a doubt. It might not be at Summerslam, they might wait til the next ppv, but she will beat Alexa. And I think most of us will agree that they are about to turn Sasha heel, a role I like her in much better than this "best buddies" routine they've had her playing with Bayley. Sasha will let it get to her when people say she is only champ because Bayley was hurt and when she is ready to return, Sasha will snap and turn on her. Then we will see a great match on the same level as when they main evented in NXT.

Even if the injury is a work, that's the direction they were heading. I don't really get the 2 triple threat matches to decide the #1 contender other than to get the women more screen time tonight, but that's fine. It'll obviously come down to Sasha and Nia, with Sasha coming out on top. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bayley in Sasha's corner at SSlam and maybe she even accidentally costs Sasha the match to get the wheels turning on the (imo) inevitable heel turn.

I think it's on the main site that i read what Taz thought about bayley's injury and i have to say that he brought up some good point about why he didn't think it was a legit injury.

Simply put, he said that pretty much everything felt to rehearse to him, that normally when an injury occurs like that, they don't have their social media crew ready to document everything. That the talent is always sent to the trainers room right away and they never interview whoever injured for their youtube channel right after it happened.

I can't argue with his logic since it makes perfect sense especially since Scott Dawson just got injured and they really didn't make such a fuss about it, they only confirm the injury on the website which is what they normally do.

So a lot of stuff can send you into the direction that this was the plan all along for the storyline. That Bayley was never schedule to be the one challenging for the title at summerslam and they found a creative way to go with the sasha rematch while making all the dirst sheet writers that this wasn't plan.

So if what i thought is true, then tonight, sasha should win the number 1 contender match to face alexa, then somehow, bayley will be in sasha's corner at summerslam and sasha will probably turn on her after she lose to alexa.

I wonder if Bayley will be the one turning heel.Everyone thinks Sasha will turn but Bayley has spoken about doing so recently. She kind of got booed a bit tonight and even took a shot at some of the fans even it wasn't a direct when she thanks "the fans who sent her support" twice. I could see Banks winning the belt and then Bayley turning on her whenever she is brought back.

Be interesting to see what happens.

Bailey needs a character makeover. I've said it before but she is way too one dimensional and while it worked in NXT, it's not working so much on the main roster. Every other women on the roster has a little more edge than she does. In fact it makes her look rather boring compared to any of them.

If this is a legit injury hope she can recover sooner rather than later, but in the meantime maybe time to sit down and tweak her character somewhat. I have a sinking feeling that the person we see each week is exactly who she is though and maybe she won't be able to bring anything else to the table.

I wonder if Bayley will be the one turning heel.Everyone thinks Sasha will turn but Bayley has spoken about doing so recently. She kind of got booed a bit tonight and even took a shot at some of the fans even it wasn't a direct when she thanks "the fans who sent her support" twice. I could see Banks winning the belt and then Bayley turning on her whenever she is brought back.

Be interesting to see what happens.

Lol wow I just now saw that segment and Bailey went off script for a second there when they were booing. I understand it's her livelihood and she takes it very seriously, but to me that makes her look weak that she couldn't handle a few fans who were just being rowdy. Ignore them and stay in character. It's still very hard to picture her ever turning heel, but that's been the case with a hundred other wrestlers who the crowd turned on too. Eventually, everyone has a face or heel turn to keep from boring the fans to death so Bailey will be no different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back