Battle Royal to determine Bray Wyatts Wrestlemania opponent!

Once Ortin gives up his right to fight in the Wrestlemania main event and they have a number one contender's match, can he change his mind again and decide to fight? I would think that you have one chance and he said no to it. Mind you it does look silly all that crap at the Rumble just to have him turn around and decide not to fight Wyatt. I wouldn't be unhappy at Harper in the match though, think it will one hell of a match if they let them go.

Luke Harper should win but he shouldn't get the shot at Mania. How the hell that would happen, I don't know, but it would make him look very good and continue the momentum that he's gained lately. Maybe Orton and Wyatt beat the crap out of him after to put him out? Man, I have no idea where they're going with this and that's a good thing. I do think we see Orton/Wyatt at Mania someway somehow and in order for that to happen, this battle royal really has to end up being inconsequential. Either that or it ends in some funny way but... it's a battle royal... how does that happen?

They have seven weeks to work through this but there's no way that Orton doesn't face Wyatt in some form at Mania. Whether it's one on one or a multi-man match, Orton's obviously going to be involved. The question is whether Harper's going to be added in and I just don't see that happening. Shit, I'm baffled.

Let the story progress. It's going to be Orton vs Wyatt at WM and should be a good match.

And there's zero chance of Luke Harper, Baron Corbin, or anyone else being added to the match. They're simply not credible enough just yet. How many singles matches has Harper won on PPV? I don't remember any. He's just there to take pinfalls so Wyatt doesn't have to. Or at least maybe he was; he is getting pushed now. There's still no chance of Harper being added to the match, and it should be Orton vs Wyatt, one-on-one.

Listen to Orton's words very carefully when he said this. He said that he bows in allegiance to Bray Wyatt, and he will not challenge for the WWE Title WHILE BRAY IS CHAMPION!

So, he hasn't really given up his shot for the title at WM33. He just won't fight Bray Wyatt for the title, which could mean:-

(a) He challenges Bray BEFORE Wrestlemania, and wins the title, and then Bray gets his rematch at Wrestlemania.

(b) Orton has every intention of wrestling for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania, but will make sure that Bray loses the title before Wrestlemania.

So, he hasn't given up his shot, but won't use it if a particular person holds the belt.

This could be teasing that Orton will turn on Bray and cost him the title, and then claim the shot himself, win the belt off Bray before 'Mania or he is playing mind games, getting Bray into his confidence, when his true loyalty is to the WWE Title.

Maybe Orton enters the battle royal as a suprise entrant, wins, and then demands his WWE Title shot, not at Wrestlemania, but the following week on "Smackdown". Orton wins, and Bray gets his rematch at Wrestlemania 33.

First of all as already said, there is only one current SD! superstar that makes sense, to win the battle royal and it is Luke Harper. I think he is a great worker, but not in any way a WM Main Eventer.
This triple threat will be a midcard match but it has a lot of potential.

For me if Bray is turned on by Orton, it will make him look stupid, and Bray's character should not look stupid.
I will have Orton and Bray beat down Harper in the first 10 minutes of the match.Then Bray will order Orton to pledge to him, and allow him to Sister Abigail him. Orton will then counter the Sister Abigail into an RKO to Wyatt, to a huge pop from the crowd. He will attempt a second RKO, when out of nowhere Luke Harper will come in and hit him with a discuss clothsline. Then he will powerbomb Orton threw the announcers table. That will leave Wyatt and Harper facing off in the ring. And when it looks like they are about to brawl, Harper just goes down in his knees, pledging to Wyatt, allowing him to Sister Abigail him back into the Wyatt Family and to retain the WWE Title.

Everyone wins by that:
-Wyatt's reign continues and he looks like a smart guy, as he knew that Orton will turn on him.
-Orton's plan is executed, he turns face, looks smart himself - as he almost destoryed the Wyatt's from within.
-Harper looks good as he is a key part in a world title WrestleMania match.
-Harper gets back into the Wyatt's, as he is not ready to be a big singles star yet.
-Orton vs Bray feud can continue.
-Orton does not look weak - he was not pinned.

Listen to Orton's words very carefully when he said this. He said that he bows in allegiance to Bray Wyatt, and he will not challenge for the WWE Title WHILE BRAY IS CHAMPION!

So, he hasn't really given up his shot for the title at WM33. He just won't fight Bray Wyatt for the title, which could mean:-

(a) He challenges Bray BEFORE Wrestlemania, and wins the title, and then Bray gets his rematch at Wrestlemania.

(b) Orton has every intention of wrestling for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania, but will make sure that Bray loses the title before Wrestlemania.

So, he hasn't given up his shot, but won't use it if a particular person holds the belt.

This could be teasing that Orton will turn on Bray and cost him the title, and then claim the shot himself, win the belt off Bray before 'Mania or he is playing mind games, getting Bray into his confidence, when his true loyalty is to the WWE Title.

Maybe Orton enters the battle royal as a suprise entrant, wins, and then demands his WWE Title shot, not at Wrestlemania, but the following week on "Smackdown". Orton wins, and Bray gets his rematch at Wrestlemania 33.

This also makes sense story-wise. Styles still thinks that he's owned a one-on-one rematch, which will likely happen, so that would mean Styles vs Orton for the title.

The other story is that Styles doesn't get his one-on-one rematch, which leads to Shane vs Styles.

Of course, I hate the idea of Bray losing his title so soon, especially after Cena's short reign.

Man, that finish looked damn awkward.

I don't get why there was a plan to have two winners in the first place. Execution was awkward but the plan itself didn't strike me well. If it's leading to AJ Styles in the title picture at Wrestlemania then it's all good but not fully logical since It's all about Wyatt Family.

But what's positive is that it's a lot better than AJ Styles Vs. Shane McMahon since that was illogical and stupid. If possible, I'm all in for Balor Vs. Styles.

Looking forward to AJ Styles Vs. Luke Harper next week.

It may take months or years or a lifetime but if you continue to search your heart with the utmost purity and resolve you will be able to unlock the world's greatest mysteries.

Oh, well that didn't take very long.
That's a pretty good one.

I am well intrigued in this Wyatt Family angle along with Randy Orton from the start itself. I did doubt that it won't go long and end with Bray Wyatt losing again but I must commend WWE for making this storyline interesting and entertaining for me.

I enjoyed the battle royal more than the Royal Rumble personally. The fact that it was only 10 men helped immensely as it meant that there was a lot more room to do more than punch or kick and it'd be shorter. The only hiccup was the planned ending in that it was obvious that Styles hit the floor before Harper, but shit like that happens sometimes and it's not the end of the world. That'll be especially true if Styles and Harper pull off the strong match that most of us are expecting, in which nobody'll really give a crap if the ending to the battle royal was botched or not.

Luke Harper doesn't deserve to be in the main event of WrestleMania. Can anyone name a match Harper has won in the last six months? I think he's a good wrestlers and probably underrated, but he's not credible enough yet.

Also, Orton vs. Wyatt has been a perfect feud and deserves to be 1-on-1 with Wyatt winning.

As for the Battle Royal, I thought it was really good until the botch at the end. Harper vs. Styles should be a good match though. Harper will probably win and make it a triple threat, so AJ can fight Shane. (Yeah you just had the best first year in WWE history and are known for your in-ring ability? Here's your reward - carrying a non-wrestler!)

I normally really enjoy Battle Royals but the odd ending kinda ruined this one. Either have Harper win it more decisively or have AJ win it. The ending was dumb. WWE could use this to their advantage. Orton is likely turning face on Bray anyway, so why not just do a Fatal Fourway? Orton changes his mind on facing Bray when he turns face (which surely is coming), while Harper and AJ can argue for title shots of their own due to the ending of the contendership Battle Royal. Or if Orton challenges for the Universal Championship instead (which I'd support) then they could do a Triple Threat. I'd much rather see Styles get the shot than Harper personally, however a Triple Threat or Fatal Fourway could be fun. If Harper had a more decisive win in the Battle Royal then him facing Bray could be more believable. That may just be me though. The odd ending and the likelihood of Orton going face makes me wonder if there is a better option at this point than the Fatal Fourway idea. It keeps AJ away from the rumored Shane match too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back