Battle Royal to determine Bray Wyatts Wrestlemania opponent!

rge2010

Mid-Card Championship Winner
So Orton is refusing to battle Bray at Mania. I like it! It is a nice point of difference and certainly has me thinking what will happen! There is obviously something big about to happen in this story line.

Next week there is a Battle Royal. Who wins???

For me I would like to see Baron Corbin win. I think him and Bray would be a great match up. Heel vs Heel.

Alternatively to that - Luke Harper!

Harper wins the Battle Royal.

Orton says he will take part in the match anyway to help Bray keep the title.

RKO out of nowhere on Harper

Orton is the new champ!!!

Keeps Bray pretty strong by not being pinned

Harper wins the Battle Royal.

Orton says he will take part in the match anyway to help Bray keep the title.

RKO out of nowhere on Harper

Orton is the new champ!!!

Keeps Bray pretty strong by not being pinned

Basically this.

I think it's nailed on that the match will Wyatt Vs Harper Vs Orton.
This should be the curtain raiser for the show, i'm finding it very hard to get excited about this.

The match could be booked in a few ways. Orton could come in to the match and vow to keep the title on his master, and win as above, or Harper turns heel again and the Wyatt family double team Orton for Bray to get the pin fall and kick the weak link out of the family.

Adding a random name into the mix now would mot make much sense and make Randy's RR win completely meaningless.

It doesn't matter who wins the battle royal. The end result is Orton vs. Wyatt at Mania. The battle royal is just to keep you guessing.

And no way is Harper being added to that match.

It can go one of two ways:

As already mentioned, the Harper thing. And then Orton decides to use his Rumble opportunity to "help" Bray. Really though that could happen with any opponent. Obviously Harper makes the most sense and would be the most interesting but I can't really wrap my head around the idea of Luke Harper fighting for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania.

Another possibility is that Orton somehow ruins the battle royal. Maybe Orton comes in towards the end and "wins" it himself. And then they could go one of two ways with that, with either Orton saying that he was just playing mind games with Bray and that he is going to face him at WrestleMania OR that considering he wasn't an official entrant and everyone else got eliminated, no one faces Bray at WrestleMania. I'm intrigued either way.

I just realized there's a fatal flaw in my idea. If Orton comes in as an unofficial entrant and eliminates everyone, then technically there will be a final official entrant standing so maybe you can combine the two ideas. Have it come down to Orton and whoever, Orton eliminates whoever thinking that he's just saved Bray from having to defend the title at WrestleMania. Daniel or Shane comes out and says that whoever was the last official entrant meaning that he's going to get the opportunity to face Bray at Mania which sends Orton into a panic and he quickly grabs the mic and says that he changes his mind and that he wants to use his opportunity which makes it a triple threat. Something like that.

Harper has developed a strong fan following in a pretty short span of time, so one would think that he's a favorite to win the battle royal. It's a really nice little twist to keep us guessing, but I still see Orton being in the title match at WrestleMania somehow despite pledging his "undying" loyalty to Bray Wyatt.

Still, to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't necessarily hate the notion of Orton not facing Wyatt at WrestleMania; it's far more interesting than Cena vs. Orton again, but I certainly wouldn't have a problem if it turned out to be Wyatt vs. Styles. Luke Harper is great at his gimmick and he's genuinely one of the most entertaining 250 pound+ wrestlers I've seen in the ring in a good long while, I really enjoyed his match against Orton at EC but I'm not sure if there'd really be enough time to build Harper up with the needed credibility between now and WrestleMania in order for him to be a viable challenger to Wyatt.

Have Styles win the battle royal and turn it into a triple threat.

Styles has no program for Mania yet and lets be honest Shane vs. Styles will be dumb. Styles wins battle royal and Orton gets back in the match to help "Wyatt" retain. And in unexpected fashion he does after Baron Corbin comes out after defeating Ambrose for I-C Gold and takes out Styles and joins Wyatt Family. Wyatt, Orton, & Corbin stand tall over a fallen Styles. Post Mania trade between brands Ambrose, Kalisto, & Uso's to Raw, Balor, Zayn, & The Club to Smackdown. Bullet Club vs. Wyatt Family Feud begins!!!!

Who knows really. This can go in many ways. However I don't like the idea of Harper vs Bray vs Orton at Wrestlemania. I prefer a 1 vs 1 title match, with Harper being some kind of desicive factor in the match.

Which raises the question, what will the winner of the Battle Royal going to do?

Most likely scenario: Harper wins. Bray himself asks Orton to join the world title match at Wrestlemania. That way, Bray would assure a 2-on-1 assault on Harper and he would pick an easy win.

Of course, come Wrestlemania, Orton will betray him at the start of the match, boom RKO outta nowhere and the match will become a legit triple threat.

Harper wins the battle royal. That will force Orton to re-enter the match. I usually prefer singles title matches.. I thought Orton vs Wyatt was perfect..But Harper is really underrated imo.. Plus, it does make sense and follows their current angle... so it doesn't feel random or forced like some other triple threat title matches.

Someone should check the WWF/E Rule Book for when the winner of the Royal Rumble does not want to take his Wrestlemania main event spot.

It means that the runner up gets all rights and privileges.

So step up... Roman Reigns!

Why did Cena win a 16th title just to lose it in two weeks?

They didn't need him to face AJ at the Rumble. The card was stacked enough. I see why another loss to AJ may have hurt Cena's stock but that stock could easily have been recovered.

Would WWE do two break up stories at Mania?

After Monday it is more than likely we will have the culmination of Jericho and Owens at Mania. While it is not impossible for WWE to do more than one of these stories and it helps that these stories are on two separate shows, I'm not sure they want another break up.

Does Orton have another place at Mania if not with Wyatt?

Absolutely. Orton fits in nicely on Raw. He has plenty of purpose in a title match for the Universal Title. He can go and attempt to spread the Wyatt Family dominance. He has unfinished business with Lesnar. And finally, if Goldberg and Lesnar is going to last more than two minutes, someone is going to have to carry them.

Orton doing Bray's bidding and attempting to finish the UT at Mania makes sense as well.

Should Harper face Wyatt?

No, absolutely not. This is WM. If you want SD to become the official B-show again please book this. If not, don't even consider this. It's very cute that people on the internet like Harper but he isn't anywhere near WM main event popularity at this point.

So who should face Bray?

I actually thought last night's SD main event would be the Mania main event. That's unlikely now. I can think of three people for Wyatt to face:

1. Cena - this seems like the best choice. I know it is a rematch but if they are serious about Bray another feud may do him a lot of good. Bray can really use Cena's petty craving for 17 and Flair's record as fuel. In fact there is plenty of material Bray can use in his feud with Cena. Imagine the excitement you would get if Bray in some way showed up on the Today Show while Cena was doing a segment.

2. AJ - just because he is terrific and they will put on a good show.

3. Strowman - this is obviously a dark horse but after Fastlane it does not appear that he has anything to do. They have history. There's no reason Bryan/Shane would not welcome him to their Battle Royal and no reason Strowman wouldn't show up (for competition) and win.

tl;dr- I have no clue what is going on.

So who should face Bray?...

4. Roman Reigns as the runner up in the Royal Rumble.

The sheer threat of WWE doing that would put major heat on the storyline. Orton says he won't use his title shot, Bryan/Shane dust off the rule book and say that if Randy does not take it, then Bray will defend against Roman Reigns and Harper (as the winner of the Battle Royal).

Барбоса;5653969 said:
4. Roman Reigns as the runner up in the Royal Rumble.

The sheer threat of WWE doing that would put major heat on the storyline. Orton says he won't use his title shot, Bryan/Shane dust off the rule book and say that if Randy does not take it, then Bray will defend against Roman Reigns and Harper (as the winner of the Battle Royal).

I can't get excited for this for the following reasons:

1. Unlike you, 97% of the WWE Universe hates books.
2. Main event faces on Raw are rare. Unless Reigns is going to pull double duty, his presence feels necessary on Raw.
3. It Roman Reigns, meh.
4. It's not my idea.

I could see them doing something weird like Bray faces the winner of the battle Royal at WM, Battle Royal winner beats Bray, Orton uses his RR shot to face the new champion & beats him. This could also set up a triple threat for whatever the post WM SD! ppv is.

Basically this.

I think it's nailed on that the match will Wyatt Vs Harper Vs Orton.
This should be the curtain raiser for the show, i'm finding it very hard to get excited about this.

The match could be booked in a few ways. Orton could come in to the match and vow to keep the title on his master, and win as above, or Harper turns heel again and the Wyatt family double team Orton for Bray to get the pin fall and kick the weak link out of the family.

Adding a random name into the mix now would mot make much sense and make Randy's RR win completely meaningless.

Wyatt won't wrestle in the opening bout. I can confidently say this based simply on logistics. WrestleMania is outdoors this year. The opening match will take place at 7pm local time. The sun will still be out. Wyatt's entrance loses its effect if it's not dark outside.

That said, I don't share your level of apathy for this match. I think the story line has a ton of potential. I do believe that Orton will find his way back into the match, a triple threat that includes Wyatt, Orton, and someone else - possibly Harper. And I think there will be a lot of intrigue surrounding Orton's intentions leading up to, and during, the match. Will he turn on Wyatt to try to win the belt for himself, or will he help Wyatt?

Wyatt won't wrestle in the opening bout. I can confidently say this based simply on logistics. WrestleMania is outdoors this year. The opening match will take place at 7pm local time. The sun will still be out. Wyatt's entrance loses its effect if it's not dark outside.

That said, I don't share your level of apathy for this match. I think the story line has a ton of potential. I do believe that Orton will find his way back into the match, a triple threat that includes Wyatt, Orton, and someone else - possibly Harper. And I think there will be a lot of intrigue surrounding Orton's intentions leading up to, and during, the match. Will he turn on Wyatt to try to win the belt for himself, or will he help Wyatt?

That's a good point, I didn't think of that.

As I've mentioned, I think Orton finds a way back into this match otherwise the Royal Rumble win was completely pointless and a waste of time, so right now everything points towards a triple threat. I'm not sure how it's going to be done but Orton could reveal himself to be playing Wyatt at his own mind games all along at any point,

It makes sense for the 3rd man to be Luke Harper after his issues with Orton and now Wyatt although if WWE decide against the rumoured AJ Styles Vs Shane Mcmahon match I wouldn't mind seeing AJ added to this match.

Cena and Miz are reported to be starting their feud soon.
I can see Baron Corbin Vs Dean Ambrose for the Intercontinental title after the seeds were planted for this at EC.
Dolph Ziggler is sort of lost in the lower mid card after turning heel

SD Live needs a top babyface chasing the title towards WrestleMania (Orton) and seems to be low on star power at the moment, so while I am not too excited about it Wyatt Vs Harper Vs Orton seems to be the best way to end this feud.

Барбоса;5653959 said:
Someone should check the WWF/E Rule Book for when the winner of the Royal Rumble does not want to take his Wrestlemania main event spot.

It means that the runner up gets all rights and privileges.

So step up... Roman Reigns!

Looool! That'd be the most hilarious thing ever and a brilliant follow-up to the Royal Rumble #30 Troll job they pulled off to perfection.

In all seriousness tho, I get the feeling WWE seeing the love for Bray Wyatt's title win on Sunday and the huge chants he got last night might well decide to execute a proper Double turn between Orton and Wyatt whilst giving the latter the huge WrestleMania title defense victory that will cement his status as a nailed-on Main Event talent going forward.

Orton has to be in the WrestleMania match or it makes Orton out to be an idiot and also makes a mockery of the Rumble match.

I remember years ago when McMahon won the Rumble he vacated his status as number one contender and then HBK who was commissioner made Austin the new contender because he was runner up.

The winner of the Battle Royal is either going to be Harper or Styles, the could also pull a swerve where Orton comes out and eliminates both Harper & Styles simultaneously and then it becomes a fatal 4 way at WrestleMania.

Could be a dumb question, but I am not sure about the answer. Does Orton have to go for the WWE World Title? Can he essentially say I am using my Rumble victory to challenge for the WWE Universal title, so that the Wyatt Family reigns supreme over all of WWE?

This will be set up to get Harper into the match... Not rocket science.

Orton will turn and say "You're no longer the Master...so I'm claiming my Wrestlemania match..." figuring Harper being against Bray helps him... somehow Bray escapes with the title and Orton snaps...leading Harper to turn back to Bray's side and Rowan's return double turn achieved.

Could be a dumb question, but I am not sure about the answer. Does Orton have to go for the WWE World Title? Can he essentially say I am using my Rumble victory to challenge for the WWE Universal title, so that the Wyatt Family reigns supreme over all of WWE?

It's not a dumb question. It's actually a pertinent one, because WWE hasn't answered that. The answer will only be fitting to what they need it to be, probably. As of right now, it looks like the Royal Rumble winner, can only challenge for the World Title in it's respective brand. Dumb move, in my opinion as this could always be a door to shake things up.

Getting back to OP's question – I have to admit, I wasn't a fan of the World Title revolving around The Wyatt Family storyline, but in all fairness, they are making it interesting. They could easily add a third person and showcase it in the stacked WrestleMania card or it could just be a curve ball to make some interesting television meanwhile. I am not in favor of adding Luke Harper, because he's been booked pretty poorly by losing against Randy Orton over and over and of course, by getting attacked by Bray/Orton too. It is however the most logical add for storyline purposes and it would be a fresh three way filled with a great backstory for those masters of psychology to work with.

AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon will happen. The seeds are already there and as much as we hate the idea, it's better than adding AJ Styles to a meaningless throw away ladder match or god forbid, the Battle Royal.

There are no other options available. Miz will be busy with Cena. Corbin with Ambrose. Ziggler has it's own thing going.

As I mentioned in the WZ site. Doesn't that mean Reigns gets a title shot at WM? I recall in 1999 the WWE Rule Book stated if the winner of the RR is unable to compete at WM then the spot goes to the runner up.

Firstly, I am damn sick of Triple-Threat matches for the main titles at WM.

The first 19 Wrestlemanias didn't have a TTM for the WWE or World Title. The last 12 have had around 7-8 since (some great, some just an excuse to give someone a Wrestlemania match).

What is wrong is Randy Orton v Bray Wyatt one-on-one? Why are we being teased with every other combination, but that?

Orton and Bray have fought once on PPV, a few months ago. Unlike a lot of matches, this hasn't been done to death.

I also think that this feud doesn't even need the belt. I think the feud should be built on them both playing mind games.

I don't buy Orton as loyal servant of the Wyatt Family. He is too smart and cunning. I think he did it to get in Bray's head, hoodwink him, and like a viper, strike at the right moment.

Bray, too, is a master manipulator. I would have written it that the match a few weeks ago on SD, where Orton fought Harper, and then Bray gave Harper a "Sister Abigail" and chose Orton, would turn out to be an elaborate ruse, where Harper deliberately lost, took the "Sister Abigail", so that Randy would trust Bray, only for Bray and Luke to turn on him. It should be based on who outsmarts who first.

Bray could turn on Orton, and then say that it is a case of "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" and "My enemy's enemy is my friend". He and Luke Harper then mock Orton for being outsmarted, and Orton vows revenge at Wrestlemania against Bray Wyatt.

Unless this is a massive mind-game by Orton, I cannot see why he would refuse to fight Bray for the title at WM. Orton has won the belt many times, and it is important to him. I don't see Orton as someone who lets friendship stand in the way of becoming WWE Champion. Unless one screws over the other, this storyline makes no sense.

It should be that both men have been using each other the entire time, and it is a battle of wits and a question of who is going to turn on who first. This is much more intriguing than what we have been offered so far.

PS. BTW, Harper shouldn't be added to make it a Triple-Threat. He isn't ready for a title run, let alone competing for it at a Wrestlemania. Give him a shot at a B PPV first, and build from there, not add him just to give him a match at Wrestlemania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back