B Round 1; 37 Wave race 64 v 92 Assassin's Creed (Multiformat)

?

• wave race

• assasins creed

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
images

v

images

Assassin's Creed, and it's not even close.

I remember hearing all these awesome things about Wave Race from my friends as a kid, everybody saying how much fun it was. Apparently it's highly regarded by the gaming community as well. Anyways, all I remember is renting it from Blockbuster, and being utterly pissed at how awful the game was. Part of it was that the controls confused the living hell out of me (give me a break I was like 10), but it just seemed like a run-of-the-mill racing game to met, only with jet skis. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy the game.

Assassin's Creed would win here by default alone, but than you add the fact that it's a genuinely great game with a fascinating story and great sandbox-styled gameplay, and it wins here easily for me.

Besides, Jet Moto blew Wave Race right out of the water (pun intended).

Why the hell isn't Jet Moto in this tournament? Far superior to Wave Race.

I hated Wave race. Absolutely despise it. I think it sucks as a game, and is so overrated. Assassin's creed however has a amazing storyline and great game play, graphics, and sound. It is a great game all around, and it should destroy wave racer.

Wave Racer was boring, much like most racing games in general. Assassins creed on the other hand is one of the best games of this current console generation. The AI, the game play, and the attention to detail is astounding. The recreation of past Israel was amazing. Sure, the time traveling element is a bit cheesy or not needed, but regardless, it smashes Wave Racer with eaze.

Had to vote for Wave Race, it was one of the first three games I received for the N64. I'm a racer at heart and even though some people despise the genre I enjoy them wholeheartedly.

Assassins Creed is a solid game as well, but I've only played it a handful of times. Wave Race gets my vote just on nostalgia alone.

Absolutely hated Wave race, I nearly broke the controller playing the damn thing.

Assassin's creed was one of my favourite games of the year, The free running/climbing in this game, Bests everyone esle's attemp, Bar one Mirror's edge. Anyway, THe story was magnicent, The settings were beautiful, The fighting flowed brilliantly. The only thing that can be said thats bad about this game is its a little repeatative at times, But I didn't see that personally.

Wave Race, for N64, for the fact that it was fun when it came out. Assassin's Creed (I've played it on C) is boring as shit and just looks like it was designed to be "cool" as opposed to being a decent game - sure it looks nice, and the killing animations are pretty "badass" but the parts I played were so easy it wasn't even fun.

Wave Race, for N64, for the fact that it was fun when it came out. Assassin's Creed (I've played it on C) is boring as shit and just looks like it was designed to be "cool" as opposed to being a decent game - sure it looks nice, and the killing animations are pretty "badass" but the parts I played were so easy it wasn't even fun.

In contrast Wave Race proved to be frustrating at times, as I had a hell of a time unlocking Glacier Coast. Completing that track on stunt mode was even harder. It was similar to unlocking the Tommy on Crusin World or collecting the Mountain Dew cans in Rush 2.

Is there some sort of Playstation backlash in this tournament? Did you not ever play anything but the N64? Thats a shame, because X is totally right. Jet Moto is a far better game than Wave Race 64, which I also had a bone to pick with because Nintendo had a fetish with putting 64 on everything.

No excuse for Jet Moto being kicked out over a really mediocre game like Wave Race (or for Tekken 2 being left out). Granted I only played it a couple times, but it was terribly boring, even in multiplayer, which I love in any game.

Assasins Creed is better, although it can be very repetitive and the ending left much to be desired by me.

Assassin's Creed by far is the better game here. Like everyone else has said Wave Race was a pretty boring game, and the only racing games I'm a fan of are the ones where I can spend an hour customizing a car. Creed was one of the first Xbox 360 games that I played, and I loved every minute of it. Hell I went out and bought it the first day I purchased my own 360 it was so good. Gameplay was superb, a little repetitive, but I enjoy killing people with my pointy stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back