B Round 1; 21 Half Life 2 (Multiformat) v 108 SD here come the pain

?

• Half life 2

• SD HCTP

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
images

v

images

Anyone who goes with Smackdown here is a blind mark who shouldn't be voting in this tournament, because they obviously know absolutely nothing about video games.

Smackdown HCTP is a good game, a great wrestling game in fact. But what did it do that the earlier titles hadn't? Nothing, the only thing it added were great graphics for the first time in the series (admittedly the graphics were fantastic though, I remember watching Triple H's entrance when I first got it and being blown away; best graphics in a wrestling game to date).

Half Life 2 on the other hand is just simply put one of the greatest games EVER made. Despite everyone's (and my own) love for Halo, the best sci-fi FPS has to be Half-Life 2. Absolutely AMAZING story, like this game could (and fucking SHOULD) be a Hollywood movie it's so good. Everything about the game is top notch, the AI specifically was a huge improvement over the FPS peers of it's time.

Seriously people, anyone who votes for Smackdown here just doesn't know what they're talking about. Half Life 2 puts it to total and utter shame.

Pretty much Half Life 2 is what the grown up Halo fans play, as to what X hinted to in his post. The first game was amazing, rich and deep,b ut the second game came along and completely destroyed what the first game made. As far as rich story telling, I'd be hard pressed to find a FPS anywhere that has half the story that HL2 has. it's an amazing game, fun to play, and beautiful to look at. Clearly a hidden gem of this console generation that barely gets any love, and for 20 bucks to boot, a steal.Here comes the Pain is a fun wrestling game, but even the best wrestling games lack greatness.

One thing sticks out in my mind in Half Life 2, That's rarely thought upon, Half life 2 was humourous through out the whole, I remember going through a dark garage(or something like that), And then hearing a creature moan, I turn around, And its my fucking partner, Saying HAHAHA Got ya! I mean shit like that gets me everytime, As you expect to be attacked but some fucker is having you on.

But really, Half life 2 has one of the best stories in any game released, And has some of the most innovative guns, And gameplay to date.

Wheras HCTP was the best wrestler to date, With the richest roster, And the best story mode of the series, But it doesn't match up to the brute force of Half Life 2.

Half Life 2 is an amazing game. I agree that it is for grown up Halo fans.

Another advantage is that the Half Life gaming engine translates well to realistic FPS as well. Counterstrike and Day of Defeat are modern and WWII FPS based on the half life engine. The spray, firing speed, and reload time were all tracked over 10,000 rounds fired by special forces soldiers. The physics in the Half Life series are unmatched.

Half Life 2 is awesome - for all the reasons stated above. Smackdown! isn't eevn the best wrestling game tbh - I probably would have voted for No Mercy (N64) if that was here as that was actually awesome, but HCTP is just alright compared to Half Life 2 - just a great game (especially if you get the Orange Box and get TF2 - so addictive :p)

Here comes the Pain brought something incredible to the Wrestling game franchise. It completely trumped any other wrestling game to date, and yes even No Mercy.
The graphics were smooth, the storylines interesting, and multiplayer elimination chambers were very entertaining.

It brought about the stamina and injury in matches that was previously unheard of and brought realism and strategy to the games, with players able to make each other submit after attacking a body part. i loved this game.

But Half Life 2 must win. Why bother going into detail with a squash like this? I will vote for Smackdown!, just because it was a truly great wrestling game and Im honouring it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back