Austin Rains on Reign's Parade........

2nd of all, I don't think Roman was "napping". He probably was letting other superstars shine knowing what little time they had at the Rumble. Even if he did "nap", he DOMINATED in the 2014 Royal Rumble which proves he has the endurance to be s top superstar. Roman Reigns has a career-changing opportunity. All the hate and negative backlash will just add more fuel to the fire. He's going to win back some fans by the time WrestleMania is over and you can BELIEVE THAT!

That's a pretty flimsy excuse. Most Rumble winners tend to stand out A LOT more than Reigns did. Honestly, after he appeared, he almost immediately became transparent. I barely noticed him.

Actually, I noticed that a lot of the wrestlers failed to stand out. Ryback for example, shows up, gets a few hits in but never really seems to be the dominant force while he is there. Maybe the wrestlers themselves just didn't do a good job at planning their spots, whereas at least last year, CM Punk was sort of directing everything. This year, the only person who stayed in there long enough was Bray- who usually needs to be directed.

But who knows. Maybe WWE wanted him to lay low for awhile, knowing that the fans were going to be pissed.

In Cage's brief tenure in LU he's shown more charisma, more quality ring work and more character than Roman Reigns has in 2 years. It shouldn't even be a question as to whether or not Reigns is ready, he just plain isn't.

Add Orton or Bryan to the equation, both are entitled to a rematch. Make it a three way, a four way, or make Reigns put his title shot on the line in a singles match or three way with the aforementioned Bryan and/or Orton, winner gets Lesnar. There's a lot of ways to go with this, but the one way it cannot go is a straight singles match between Lesnar and Reigns. That will be catastrophically and historically bad, both in terms of ring work and reaction.

In Cage's brief tenure in LU he's shown more charisma, more quality ring work and more character than Roman Reigns has in 2 years. It shouldn't even be a question as to whether or not Reigns is ready, he just plain isn't.

This.

And to be frank, like another thread highlighted, there was this promo from Roman Reigns in NXT, way before the Shield debuted. That promo was pretty good. If they had stuck to that formula, the backlash would've been milder.

Oh I don't know man, it just seems that everytime Reigns open's his mouth he inserts a foot into it. Go read the report on the main page about his reaction to the backlash from fans. According to it Reigns doesn't care, he's just a guy getting rich. And if we want rid of him then basically stay silent when his name is announced. Jesus way to get the fans back on your side there Roman, turn into Vince and tell us what to do and say.

And that's the biggest difference between wrestlers like Cena and Bryan. Some care about what the fans say and think, obviously Reigns hasn't got a fucking clue. If he wants the fans to support him, and not just women, you have to care somewhat, or they will desert you in droves.

There's a lot of ways to go with this, but the one way it cannot go is a straight singles match between Lesnar and Reigns. That will be catastrophically and historically bad, both in terms of ring work and reaction.

Mayyyyyyybe that's what Vince wants, so that whatever crap he boils up next will taste better!

...ehh, probably not. That requires forethought.

I don't disagree with Austin but fuuuuucccccckkk. Imagine how Austin would have felt when he got his first big opportunity and he had legends shitting on his ability to perform to a big part of the wrestling world.

I say go all out with this. Play the comments on Raw and let Reigns respond with a big FU to Stone Cold. Have him tell Stone Cold if he wants to come to Raw and say it to his face he would be happy to make Stone Cold eat his words.

Good lord, this could make Reigns so much more interesting.

Life just gave WWE a big lemon, they should make some lemonade with it, then piss it in Austin's mouth.

I dunno... Lou Thesz buried the WWE product all the time during his later years. And yet Austin still felt compelled to use the man's signature maneuver as one of his primary offensive moves. More than likely Lou felt indifference, and maybe was even flattered.

Point is I doubt Austin would have cared about what people thought about his performance, and Reigns shouldn't either.

I dunno... Lou Thesz buried the WWE product all the time during his later years. And yet Austin still felt compelled to use the man's signature maneuver as one of his primary offensive moves. More than likely Lou felt indifference, and maybe was even flattered.

Point is I doubt Austin would have cared about what people thought about his performance, and Reigns shouldn't either.

Lots of old guys shit on WWE. That is fine. Shitting on one guy in the social media information age era is another thing. Stone Cold has power over the fans. If I am Vince or Reigns I would be pissed. It is like the way former US presidents avoid criticizing the current president. It doesn't help anyone.

Regardless, I still think this is an opportunity for Reigns to refocus the fans by calling Stone Cold out on Raw.

It's unfortunate but Reigns got to continue to work hard and stay humble. He's young and not stuck in his ways so the sky is the limit for Reigns. Thankfully Reigns is trying to get better and making the most of his opportunity.

What WWE should have done is position Ryback as the monster face who is going to win the Rumble and take on Brock Lesnar and even tease it from a few months before, and shove him down our throats and give him crappy Cena-wannabe promos until the crowd is sick of him. Then he enters #30 in the Rumble and completely dominates looking like it's his time, but Roman "sneaks out a win"!! Fans would have been much happier there.

Of course Austin would say that.

Name me one new guy who "Stone Cold" Steve Austin put over. He never did the job to make someone's career, and all his losses were to superstars who were already established.

He wouldn't put the Rock over at IYH-DX, and handed the IC belt to him the next night, to generate the title change, rather than seeing the lights to him.

Mankind had to be added to the Summerslam match in 1999, because Austin refused to do the job to Triple H, when he first started out.

He says that Brock Lesnar is a friend, yet he refused to give him a high-profile match and do the job for him, and walked out when Vince wouldn't change his mind on it.

People talk about Austin as if he is some god, but everything he did he did for himself. If anyone else got a benefit as well, then good luck to them.

Besides, I bet Roman Reigns won't walk out when he doesn't get his own way, or be arrested for spousal abuse. So he already has done better than Austin in at least two things.

Austin never specifically comments on Reigns's confidence, he just says you shouldn't be too confident. He probably thought it was bullshit, but there is never any harm in warning people against that attitude anyway, since he's probably seen it a lot in his career.

Anyway, he's bang on with the rest. Will Reigns stop rolling his eyes at people and shit now please?

Austin should know a lot about that atttiude, since one of the ones who displayed the most arrogance was the guy he sees when he shaves in the mirror each day.

Austin is a relic. He is broken down and hasn't shown up on Raw for years (he is too busy shooting defenceless animals with HBK), and needs to let the new guys shine. The old "wrestling was better in my day (because I was there)" attitude needs to go.

The problem is that E completely threw the ladder out of the way for this guy. They've had stars, previously, who they wanted to groom for the big spots. But, other than with Lesnar, they never tried to hot shot them to the top the way they are this time.
The way to gauge how ready Reigns would be for the spot would have been to put the US or IC strap on him for 8-9 months.
Even Bryan had a 10 year history in the Indys and several lesser title runs in E before taking the spot last year.

But if Bryan had debuted in 2013, you still all would have wanted him to win the belt at WMXXX, because you all like him.

You all say that someone isn't ready or desn't deserve a spot, but, in the end, it all comes down to who the IWC like and don't like. The reasons you use for Reigns not being ready you never would have used on Bryan, or Ziggler if it were them in Roman's spot in such a short time.

Lots of old guys shit on WWE. That is fine. Shitting on one guy in the social media information age era is another thing. Stone Cold has power over the fans. If I am Vince or Reigns I would be pissed. It is like the way former US presidents avoid criticizing the current president. It doesn't help anyone.

Regardless, I still think this is an opportunity for Reigns to refocus the fans by calling Stone Cold out on Raw.

I think if Austin doesn't play ball, if I were Vince, I would let Austin's Legends contract expire, and not offer him a new one.

Let's see how Austin copes when he isn't getting paid by WWE anymore.

I think if Austin doesn't play ball, if I were Vince, I would let Austin's Legends contract expire, and not offer him a new one.

Let's see how Austin copes when he isn't getting paid by WWE anymore.

He'd cope with it just fine. Why would Vince even do that? I'm sure a smart businessman like Vince McMahon wouldn't do something as childish as let a Legends contract expire because said person didn't agree with the product. Should we cancel Mick Foley's contract, too? He's also criticized Roman Reigns.

Austin isn't on a one man mission to ruin Roman Reigns' career. He was simply stating his opinion about Reigns' booking and current position. I think that it's funny that some people are bashing him for simply stating his opinion. His job isn't to kiss the WWE's ass. The last time I checked, the Steve Austin Show isn't a WWE product. It's also not like he was burying Reigns. He even said that he has a huge upside.

He stated his opinion last week, and then on Monday night, his opinion had changed again, and he was definitely more on board with Roman Reigns headlining Wrestlemania.

He'd cope with it just fine. Why would Vince even do that? I'm sure a smart businessman like Vince McMahon wouldn't do something as childish as let a Legends contract expire because said person didn't agree with the product. Should we cancel Mick Foley's contract, too? He's also criticized Roman Reigns.

Austin isn't on a one man mission to ruin Roman Reigns' career. He was simply stating his opinion about Reigns' booking and current position. I think that it's funny that some people are bashing him for simply stating his opinion. His job isn't to kiss the WWE's ass. The last time I checked, the Steve Austin Show isn't a WWE product. It's also not like he was burying Reigns. He even said that he has a huge upside.

Austin panders to the internet fanboys all the time, so he said what he said about Roman, because it caters to his fanbase.

Name me the last opinion SCSA has had which the IWC has violently disagreed with.

Austin panders to the internet fanboys all the time, so he said what he said about Roman, because it caters to his fanbase.

Name me the last opinion SCSA has had which the IWC has violently disagreed with.

Well right now the IWC seems very angry at the fact that the IWC doesn't like Reigns. So I'd say this one fits well.

But Austin agrees with them. He says that Roman isn't ready, which caters to his fanbase.

He then went on to interview HHH, at which point, Austin agreed that no one is ever REALLY ready, and that any fans that question the move to put Reigns in the top spot really only have unqualified opinions. So, let's just agree that his opinion is moot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back