Austin Aries

The main page is saying that the Wrestling Observer and Meltzer are breaking the news that Aries was in fact let go from the company and did not request his release.

According to them, he was under contract until 2019 and even if he had requested to be let go they could have held him to that. As it is he can't compete till October of this year due to the 90 day non-compete clause.

They are also reporting that he was a major pain in the ass to work with and he was very unhappy that his Wrestlemania preshow match wasn't included on the DVD. That meant he doesn't get any royalty payments from it. So all in all it seems the WWE made the best move possible for both Aries and themselves if what Meltzer is saying is true.

Nearly 20 year veteran who is 39 signed to WWE. He gets brought up to the main roster. He starts off in a unique way during his injury that keeps him at bay. He then debuts right into a main event program. The angle is hot, but an absolutely awful smack down women's match is added to the main card knocking yours off. You're on the pre-show and a guy who is hardly as good as you hired because the owner likes muscles main events for the 3rd time in a row and ends The Undertakers career. You then flounder in 205 Live in the mid card of a division below the mid card. You see people making more than WWE people on Indys and want to wrestle instead of sports entertain. You ask to leave and you clearly lack muscles and relatives in the company so they agree.

I'm glad he left. I hope he goes and works somewhere else where he has more freedom. He is a bit of a dick and overvalues himself, but he is a good talent when people give him the platform. At 39 and nearly 20 years in you don't need to deal with them and they really don't need a guy who hasn't proved to be a consistent asset to their company talking down to their staff who have possibly been there over a decade. Austin is a great pro-wrestler in every regard, but he is not worth as much as he'd like to think even compared to just the upper echelon and upper mid card of WWE alone.

Nearly 20 year veteran who is 39 signed to WWE. He gets brought up to the main roster. He starts off in a unique way during his injury that keeps him at bay. He then debuts right into a main event program. The angle is hot, but an absolutely awful smack down women's match is added to the main card knocking yours off. You're on the pre-show and a guy who is hardly as good as you hired because the owner likes muscles main events for the 3rd time in a row and ends The Undertakers career. You then flounder in 205 Live in the mid card of a division below the mid card. You see people making more than WWE people on Indys and want to wrestle instead of sports entertain. You ask to leave and you clearly lack muscles and relatives in the company so they agree.

I'm glad he left. I hope he goes and works somewhere else where he has more freedom. He is a bit of a dick and overvalues himself, but he is a good talent when people give him the platform. At 39 and nearly 20 years in you don't need to deal with them and they really don't need a guy who hasn't proved to be a consistent asset to their company talking down to their staff who have possibly been there over a decade. Austin is a great pro-wrestler in every regard, but he is not worth as much as he'd like to think even compared to just the upper echelon and upper mid card of WWE alone.

How salty do you have to be that you take a shot at Roman Reigns when talking about Aries leaving?

Aries leaving pretty much kills the last bit of interest I have in the cruiserweights. Aries would have worked better completely separate to the cruiserweights on the main roster in the midcard

hopefully Aries ends up in either ROH or GFW after the no compete clause is ended. Austin Aries is too good to not be on the wrestling scene and honestly, i felt that WWE mis-used him quickly. he should've won the Cruiserweight Championship after WM...he should've been given more mic work (that's a major part of his game) and he should've elevated that championship.

if i were GFW, i'd offer him a boatload of money to return and push him like he was when he held the world title. Aries, in my book, has proven to be a very great wrestler and has great mic work. he dropped the title too soon to Hardy and deserves a better run with the championship.

IF anyone had a right to be pissed it was Neville, not AA over not being on the DVD... that's telling you all you need to know about the Cruiser division in WWE's eyes right there.

As for them choosing to release AA - not shocked at all, one thing that WWE has right now is a queue of talents wanting to join who have had exposure elsewhere... Why stick with a squeaky wheel when you can literally change them out for someone else who will be grateful of the opportunity?

AA is the cautionary tale for TNA/ROH/Japan guys going to WWE and the proof that whatever you did before doesn't count...it's what you do when you're there... The ones who can adapt and take on board the WWE way will succeed like AJ, Joe and the like... those who can't don't last, like Storm and now Aries.

I can even picture Aries using the "I was a World Champion dammit" argument at least once.

How salty do you have to be that you take a shot at Roman Reigns when talking about Aries leaving?

Aries leaving pretty much kills the last bit of interest I have in the cruiserweights. Aries would have worked better completely separate to the cruiserweights on the main roster in the midcard

Austin was apparently upset being moved to the pre show and left off the Wrestlemania DVD. Even if not true it was a major turning point in his presentation on TV. Reigns was a parallel. He is the polar opposite to Austin in a majority of fields. With how people discuss Austin outside Television he has always been a bit egocentric. I mentioned his age and years of experience as well as Roman to provide insight as to why with all given information it's not surprising this occurred. You can reference others when discussing a particular individual to illustrate a point. Being physically attractive and coming from a rich blood line beyond valuable to pro wrestling is not a bad thing either way.

Austin was apparently upset being moved to the pre show and left off the Wrestlemania DVD. Even if not true it was a major turning point in his presentation on TV. Reigns was a parallel. He is the polar opposite to Austin in a majority of fields. With how people discuss Austin outside Television he has always been a bit egocentric. I mentioned his age and years of experience as well as Roman to provide insight as to why with all given information it's not surprising this occurred. You can reference others when discussing a particular individual to illustrate a point. Being physically attractive and coming from a rich blood line beyond valuable to pro wrestling is not a bad thing either way.

I'm not saying you cant reference others but its a very longbow to try and say that Roman Reigns retiring The Undertaker being the main event and the cruiserweight championship being removed from the main card and the DVD are basically two COMPLETELY different things

One is a 40 year old "indie guy" Vince didn't see anything in... I think he was rushed to the main roster from NXT. They kept Joe there forever. I loved Austin Aries work, was crisp and good on the mic. Neville is just 10 years younger and has more years to weather that storm before they cancel the stupid 205 Live crap. Comparing him to Roman Reigns is silly. Austin Aries is legit 5'7"/5'8".

Dang Aries was talented and could have been a star.

If he requested his release, then I can't blame him. He was way too talented for the cruiserweight division.

If not, then what was WWE thinking? He has a ton of potential.

Now he can go back to the indies or maybe TNA or even Lucha Underground.

He will go down as yet another wasted talent.

not cutting Vince in on the proceeds of his book he just released would have pissed VKM off, especially after paying him whilst out injured for all of those months. Aries in WWE was never going to be a comfy fit, not surprised he is leaving. Was sorely underused, and being kept off receiving a payoff for Wrestlemania DVD sales really was the final straw for him, which I read was fact

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back