Ascension 113: Abel Hunnicutt vs Noah Ryder (Non-title)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
The current Elite Openweight Champion has a big match ahead him in Abel Hunnicut. Whilst he's not been himself recently Abel Hunnicutt can still cause a surprise. Noah Ryder will surely be on his toes this week on Ascension.

Deadline is Monday, December 5th, 11:59PM CST. Extensions available upon request.

Ascension 112

A curved, bending, bare hallway. Inside its pathway stands a monolith or at least that’s one way to describe it. Another would be a monster who stumbles, tumbles and falls, taking a breath to collect himself and then attempt to drag himself up once more. He tries once, but slips down, burgundy, thick, partially dried blood smearing onto and into the nooks and crannies of the beige painted brickwork. Sitting there once more, he brushes his long, thick, greasy hair backward. Abel Hunnicutt, battle torn and blood born is taking stock in his mind.

The quiet contemplation is soon interrupted. WZCW’s resident and chief interviewer, Leon Kensworth, softly, sweetly and with much care and consideration, makes his way over to Abel. He is not alone, bringing with him a cameraman, seeking to film content for WZCW’s various social media’s and on-demand services.

This is a man who has stared down the face of many a foul minded and mouthed superstar, been subject to torture and torment from so many and so he knows what care he must take to face a giant such as Hunnicutt, even in his current predicament. Slowly he raises a microphone and points it in Abel’s general direction.

Leon: Uh, Abel, we were hoping to get a few words with you about what happened tonight with yourself and Logan McAllister.

Silence and apathy is what meets Leon. He has rarely had the company of Abel, and even rarer is the fact that he is without his master and the man behind the curtain, Steven Holmes. He is desperate for something anything, so he presses on, creeping a little closer toward the man-mountain.

Leon: Abel, would you care to comment at all?

Still nothing. Leon’s getting ever so slightly frustrated at the stonewalling.

Leon: Anything at all Abel? What about how Logan McAllister drove both you and himself through the barricade at ringside and how you both spilled blood in a ferocious, if brief, battle? Nothing on that?

This time, Abel cocks his head and turns it ever so slightly toward the veteran broadcaster and journalist. Leon is eager for any answer and so puts his microphone close to the leviathan’s lips. The anticipation is killing him. Suddenly, Abel’s large paw swipes at the mic, snatching it and jerking Leon forward several inches.

Abel: Leon…

Hunnicutt pauses, thinking of what comes next. With his free hand he wipes his nose and then strokes his mighty beard.

Abel: Ain’t no words describe where I am right now. Ain’t nothin’ that can do it justice, ya’ hear? I feel a loneliness, an emptiness, a nothin’ness right here, right goddamn here.

He jabs frantically at his heart. Now, he slowly turns his head back to stare dead at the camera.

Abel: Mastah Holmes. I beseech ye. Let me know. Give me a sign Mastah. Where ya’ gon’ mastah. Where ya’ gon’? Come on back to me. Without you, am nothin’ more than a la-z-ee monster who lashes out, lashes out at im’ all. Am an impatient sonofabitch, an angry, irritable sonofabitch. Ah need ya’ to show me Mastah. I need ya’ ta guide me an’ mah hand an’ mah future. I need ya’ to stem the tide, ta’ help me rein it in. Or else they gonna’ be stackin’ ‘em like cornwood.

The balance ain’t there. If ya’ don’t come fo’ me, am gonna’ be swallowed up whole, eaten away like the kings o’ ol’ an’ absorbed and turned into a bon-a-fide animal. Hate gonna’ rule me without you an’ then they all gonna’ see what am capable of.

Something suddenly changes in Abel’s face, a creepy smile rises from what had been a look of desperation. A childlike quality erased and replaced by a being consumed only with one things; darkness.

Abel: Oh what am capable of. Heh. Y’know, Logan, you put up one hell of a fight out there. Ya’ll even made me bleed some o’ my own blood. Hell, I’ve lost track o’ who’s is whats. This crimson mask I wear mine o’ yours? Whatever the case, you puttin’ me through that barricade done did two things. It done endeared yourself to me – I respect you fo’ fightin’ an fo’ standin up, but son you wrote yerself a one way ticket to a little dity o’ a city I call pain.

When next our paths cross, an it could be in that squared circle, or it might be at yer home with yer little family, with ya’ little ones, ya’ chickens, all o’ em, wherever it is, am not just gonna’ cut ya’, am not just gonna’ hurt ya’, am gonna’ end ya’. An’ it ain’t gon’ be pretty o’ fun, least not for yerself. Nah man. Am a gonna’ hang ya’ up, an’ like the slaughtah house, am gonna’ bleed ya’ slow, real slow.

With this disturbing visage in mind, Abel chooses to clamber to his feet. He is at first unsteady and bounces back into the wall, slipping a little bit, but remaining stood, slouched. He laughs again. Leon’s hand is still being gripped. Whilst maintaining his laughter, he tries again to stand tall and so he does. Now Kensworth is on his tip-toes, trying to hold the microphone to Abel’s mouth, the monster’s clutch maintained.

Abel: Logan, whether ya’ like it o’ not, am gonna’ take ya’, an everythin’ ya’ love, an am gonna’ turn it on its head. Am gonna’ make it hard fo’ ya’ kids to look at ya’. Am gonna’ cut, maim and distort everythin’ about ya’ an am gonna’ make ya’ wife wish you was another man. Gonna’ take this--

Hunnicutt once more jabs at his chest.

Abel: --an’ manifest it. You ain’t seen nothin’ yet boy. The worst is yet ta’ come.

Here, Abel drops Leon. Shaking his wrist, Leon brings his microphone back to retort.

Leon: Regardless of that Abel, your next opponent is in fact going to be reigning Elite Openweight Champion Noah Ryder. Your thoughts?

Cautious now, Leon slowly raises the microphone to Abel’s lips once more. A pause as the man-beast processes this new information. Then…

Abel: Men love themselves gold, don’ they? They fought an’ died fo’ the right to wear it, to claim it, to hold it tight to themselves, an’ to make love with it. They thought it was the be all, the end all. An here, it ain’t no different. They wear their little trinkets like it means somethin’, an’ ah ‘spose it does. It tells me where to point mah arrow.

Pride, it’s the worst sin o’ all. And with it comes a fall. An’ that’s where I come in. Am the guy on the mountain, the one who ain’t all that bothered with getting’ to the summit, but more concerned with tossin’ as many folks as ah can off the side an’ watchin’ their corpses collectin’ at the bottom. Am the sick bastard who’s gonna’ watch you an’ love it when you lose that glory and grandeur, that pomposity that goes with bein’ a champion here.

I felt it recently too. Ah know it feels good. Hell, it feels great. But I know how crushin’ it can be to lose it and well son, am gonna’ be the one who delivers that crushin’ blow. Ya’ see Noah, once am finished with you, they gon’ be peelin’ you off the canvas. Yo’ blood gonna’ be decoratin’ the arena floor, ya’ screams gonna’ be the thing o’ little kids nightmares.

They love ya’ man, they tan-ta-lised by yer gold and yer glory an’ yer mentality, an’ yer in-ring finesse. I ain’t ‘bout that man. Am ‘bout endin’ that. Am ‘bout showin’ them kids what it’s really like out there. Am’ here to show em’ that it’s dark out an’ there’s somethin’ in that darkness an’ it’s hungry, an it’s comin’ at ya’, hard n’ fast.

An’ when am don’t with mah teachin’ exercise, am gonna’ take that little trinket an’ jus’ like the injuns used ta’ do, am’ gonna’ wear it like a token o’ war, like a scalp I don’ claimed. An’ it’s gonna’ sit nice with that o’ McAllister an’ his kids. An then, maybe mah Mastah gonna’ come back, cause he sees it. Maybe then he help me. Maybe then…

Abel abruptly turns away and starts on back down the hallway, laughing and cackling like before. He’s half dragging his beat up carcass when he bursts into something akin to song:

Abel: Ah see a bad moon arisin’, ah see trouble on the way. Ah see earthquakes an’ lightnin’, I see bad times today.

The further into the hall he gets, the louder and more obnoxious he becomes, the sounds echoing off the narrow walls. Leon is dumbstruck.

Abel: Don’ go ‘round today, am bound to take yer life, there’s a bad moon on the rise…

Noah Ryder and Steven and sitting down on the couch watching TV. Noah is eating some popcorn while Steven is reading the paper. The front page of the paper is a cover page from an October 6 2012 newspaper.

Ryder: You know what really grinds my gears. People who don't get up when a handicapped person gets on the bus. Saw this one prick today. Buzz cut, big puffy lips. He had a key chain wallet and a handkerchief. Anyway, he was sitting in one of three side seats at the front. Stroller was occupying the opposite side. This lady in a wheel chair gets on the bus and he nudges the old guy beside him that he's got to move. Lifts that mans seat and the next one, and stays in his. The lady angles herself in as much and she can and he pretends to nod off. I hate people like that.

Steven: Yea, but what are you gonna do. Kill em?

----------

Noah and Steven are sitting by the kitchen counter, each eating a bowl of Booty O's. Steven is reading his paper from October 6, 2012, while Noah is twirling his spoon in his bowl.

You know what really grinds my gears. People who walk right into an elevator when it opens. Saw this one snob today, walked right into the elevator as it opened. This old lady couldn't get out because he blocked her path and pushed the close door so quickly. Buzz cut, puffy lips, had this dangly earring in his one ear and that bounced around. He looked like a jerk.

Yea, but what are you gonna do. Kill em?

Noah nods and leaves the kitchen. Steven folds his newspaper cover and stuffs it in his pocket. He continues reading the book that he was reading behind the paper.

----------

Noah and Steven are in Steven's car. The radio is playing classic rock and Steven his tapping the wheel along with the beat. Noah is looking out the window.

You know what really grinds my gears. When people stand in a line for a really long time and then they don't know what to order. I went to Wendy's today. The Baconator was back so I had a craving. I'm standing behind this scuzzball, got a Buzz cut and a key chain wallet. His listening to music and constantly checking his phone. He gets to the front and slowly removes his plugs and nothing. Spent almost 5 minutes deciding and then took forever to pay. Who does that?

You know I never thought of that before.

----------

Steven is in the kitchen chopping up some vegetables for a salad. Noah walks into the apartment and takes his jacket off.

You know what really grinds my gears. People who slurp their coffee. I'm not talking about people who sip the very top to lower it. I'm talking those people who every time they lift it to their mouth and they slurp it in, and then it always is followed by that gasp for air. Ahh. I was beside this one guy in a coffee shop just like that. Buzz cut, glasses, some dangly earring in his ear. He was even making that sound your tongue makes popping off the top of your mouth. Oh god that was so irritating.

Yeah well here's the thing. I got up to leave, and the slime ball followed right behind me. I could hear the slurp and the dangle of his chain. We walked the same way down a old industrial street, so I pulled him into a alley and I blew his brains out.

Steven reacts suddenly upon hearing the end and accidentally slices the side of his finger. He grabs a cloth in paid.

Fuck, Jesus Christ, Leonard what the hell did you just say.

I said I killed the guy.

Over coffee slurping.

No no Steven, this is the same guy from the Wendy's, the elevator, the bus, everything that I've told you these past few weeks this is the same guy. I took him out of my life.

Few weeks, oh god not again, Leonard, how can you be so sure this was the guy and not some one else.

Because I took his picture. I wrote down everything with no knowledge of the previous day, until I decided it was time to read.

How will you explain this.

Steven, you see this. These are all the papers I have on him.

Noah lights the papers on fire and throws them into the sink.

He never existed.

Steven looks down into the sink as Noah reaches for something from inside his jacket.

You Steven on the other hand, I can't simply burn your papers away. I guess I will just have to rewrite something.

Steven turns around and Noah blasts him in the face.

Ahhh!

Steven wakes up in a pool of sweat. His room is dark and he turns on the desk lamp and sits up his bed. He rubs the sweat off his face and stares out of the window at the moon.

You know what really grinds my gears. When people talk down about you and make wild accusations when they haven't even met you, let alone know who you are. I haven't been signed with WZCW for very long, but all I keep hearing is how this Logan McAllister is mad at him and that I took something that belonged to him. I don't take things from people. I earn my own things. I earned this Elite X title from what I've done inside a ring, and yea I know I'm a rookie who got this belt because, somehow, Justin Cooper is challenging for the WZCW title and had to drop it, but I'm more than ready to show everyone here from Matt Tastic to Titus, that I can and I will beat you. If Logan wants a match against me for this belt, all he needs to do is ask and I will accept it.

On Ascension, I face a tall task I'm told. A man they call Abel Hunnicutt. And while the man has indeed stature, both in size and connections around here I'm told, he is indeed a man, a simple man. I feel as though, perhaps, that we have maybe fought each other several times before. I don't believe he cares though, and neither should I. It's not this belt that I care for, it's not who I face that I care about, it's that I do one thing, win, that's what I care about. What people say, what they think of me when they don't really know me, it's a piss off, that's for sure. Almost makes you want to kill it in the ring. But you don't, it's not about what you say it's about what you do. I don't need to prove myself to those people that don't know me, I just need to go out there and do my best for myself, and my best might not always look the best, it's might be the cleanest, the coolest, and the bloodiest, but what my best does, is win.

Noah nods his head at Stacey Madison and walks away to the ring. Stacey pushes her hair to the side and stares at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back