Ascension 112: Logan McAllister vs. Abel Hunnicutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
pwtiBZ6.gif

Deadline is Monday, Novembers 14th, 11:59PM CST. Extensions available upon request.​

“From the Office of Steven Holmes:

Dear All,

In light of recent events, it has come to my attention that I am required to travel down to Mexico City to sort some long standing issues with one of our business ventures there. Thus I am absent from our latest meeting.

I can only offer an apology on behalf of not only myself but those closest to me. And believe me when I say it is a most sincere one. As a result of the nature of this business, my partner in life as well as the board room, Celeste shall be travelling with me.

I leave my presence in the boardroom to young master Abel Hunnicutt. He is merely sitting in for me and will report back any major news. In lieu of myself or Lady Crimson, Dr. Hauer will conduct business and take charge of the meeting. Until a sufficient time when we return, he is in command.

Once more accept my apologies for my absence,

Sincerely,

Steven Holmes
”

A thick, Dutch accent concludes the words written. Dr. Hauer, a man with the complexion of a melted candle pulls the letter away from his face and gazes across a vast board room, scowling. All the seats are filled alongside the mammoth table plonked dead in the middle of the room, all bar one – Steven Holmes’. There is no Abel Hunnicutt sat there. Instead there is only emptiness.

Hauer: I do believe that this most recent absence of our dear Mr. Holmes is only the latest in a long line of mysterious and badly time disappearances.

Grumblings and murmurs of agreement come across the diverse room of businessmen and women.

Hauer: And Mr. Holmes’ surrogate, Mr. Hunnicutt, is nowhere to be seen.

Again those grumblings are heard and again they agree.

Hauer: Ladies. Gentlemen. This has happened far too often in recent memory and while Mr. Holmes has brought this business to its highest of highs, we are now in our lowest of lows. Profits are down. The stock is worthless and customer satisfaction and trust is at an all time low. We must act swiftly and decisively if we are to nip this at the bud.

No one voice rises above the others as these corporate suits and sycophants all nod and continue to agree with one another.

Hauer: That is why I must tell you now that I have been in contact with a potential buyer of the majority of our assets. A gentleman who wishes to remain anonymous at this time but who is very familiar with the nature of these businesses and a gentleman who is all too aware of how to rise back from an excruciatingly low point. It is my belief that in accepting this bid, we shall assure the future not only of ourselves, but far more importantly of this company.

In front of each of you is a dossier, explaining the details of this transfer of power and in correspondence with the, and I am merely quoting Mr. Holmes’ own words here, “Megalomaniacal prevention act”, established in 2010 by Mr. Holmes himself, if we as a board vote unanimously, even in his and Ms. Crimson’s absence, we have deciding control of the company’s properties and assets.

And so my proposal is this: we allow ourselves to take back control of that which we have lost control over. Mr. Holmes and Ms. Crimson have failed to effectively communicate with us the severity of this downturn in our wonderful company’s fortunes and thus it is up to us to wrestle back control. In doing so we secure our own futures as well as the company’s. Now who stands with me?

At first the room is hushed. Some are flicking through their dossier’s, others are worried in case Abel bursts forth to render them useless in such a situation, but as they all consider this option, they all very slowly begin to raise their hands. Ultimately all have their hands in the air and after eyeing one another up, they say, more or less at the same time, “AYE!”

Now, a smirk crosses Hauer’s face.

Hauer: Good.

Noah, I can't really be that mad...I mean, I'd probably have done the same. Take the sure thing. The paht where things become problematic, is that in taking the Elite Openweight Championship, is that you took what I promised my son I'd bring home to him. We've worked togethah before, but you likely don't remembah. I'm coming for you, and for MY championship.

I know some people will say, "You'll always be able to say you were a champion, they can't take that from you." Well that's not good enough. I didn't get to go celebrate my win because Noah Rydah took the cowahds way out, and stole my title during the Lottery. Yet instead of getting a rematch, I get Abel and Vis Imperium....again. Well Abel, I guess we both know what to expect from each other, and I'll do what I have to in order to show those in chahge that I deserve my rematch for that Elite Openweight Championship....and then I'll take it from you Noah. No hahd feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back