Ascension 112: Noah Ryder vs. Veejay (Non Title)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
ulVxh1M.gif

Deadline is Monday, Novembers 14th, 11:59PM CST. Extensions available upon request.​

He walks through the hall. The giant hall he used to walk once upon a time. He looks all around him. The very halls he played around in as a child. Or hide. Or cry. The very same hallways, the very same rooms.

Veejay: I want to stop coming here.

Saffron: We can leave if you don’t like here.

Veejay: I’m not talking about that. I want to stop coming here every night. To relive every moment I have lived here.

Saffron: Why don’t you sell or convert this place into something else?

Veejay: Because that’s all I have as a reminder of why I do what I do.

Veejay walks some more. He stops before his father’s portrait.

Veejay: Do you know why I started wrestling?

Saffron: Tell me.

Veejay: Because it gives me an out. It lets me be something else other than this man’s son. Even after everything I ever achieved, I’ve not been able to get out of this man’s shadow. All my work as an actor, however impressive, has always been offered to me because of his name. Wrestling. However, lets me be me. I have no shadows hanging over me.

Saffron: For how long would you keep holding on to these memories, Veejay? They are not worth it. You have to let go.

Veejay: I will let all of this go the day I become the champion. The day I become champion, I’ll wash this man’s name off me. I need it for myself. But I’ve realized I cannot do it, not the way things are going in WZCW.

Saffron: What do you mean?

Veejay: You’ll see in due time. As of now, I need to take care of Noah Ryder. You see, this man sneaks in and becomes a champion, and a man like me cannot even after everything I’ve done. This will not go on forever. I will make sure things change. Noah would bring that change for me. He will realize you can sneak only this far.

Saffron: You’re scaring me!

Veejay: Don’t be scared, Saff. I really pity Noah. He would just be caught at the wrong place at a wrong time. But, as you know, change requires sacrifice. WZCW needs change. I’m going to bring it. I’m going to break the mold. So much so, that he’ll remember his accident all over again. Sorry, Noah. Sorry, that it has to be this way.

He just walks away from the portrait as the scene fades to black.

Footsteps are heard in the distance. First quiet, but soon the marching grows louder and louder. A mob of angry people fill up the streets, young people mostly. It's night time, but they shout and yell as if all were awake. They hold signs that deliver their message of protest. They are angry because of what has happened. Their champion has fallen; victory seemed like such a sure thing when the night began, but in the end an unexpected result occurred. Never in the history of Lethal Lottery, or WZCW, has something like this occurred. And were it not for a much more important event that occurred the following week, their chants would probably be "Not my Elite Openweight champion". As catchy as that is, they instead chant "Not my president". Above the madness, Noah Ryder stands on his balcony.

Ryder: What in the world is going on out there?

Steven is in the living room reading the paper when he replies.

Steven: They are protesting Donal Trump becoming President.

Trump president? I'll believe it when I see it. He's all talk, wouldn't stand a chance against Romney in the primaries. I guarantee you though if Obama somehow beats Romney, you won't find a whole bunch of protests organized by Republicans. Democrats don't know how to deal with defeat.

Noah heads into the kitchen and grabs himself a pear. He sits down at the table and cuts off pieces with a knife, the KFAD briefcase sits close by him. Steven drops the paper down onto the table.

So... do you want to talk about what happened last week?

I don't know what you mean by that.

Leonard don't fool with me.

Steven, I don't know what your trying to say. Yea I got a little drunk. Defacing that Gypsy home probably wasn't a good idea. I'm a little worried about that curse she put on me, swearing I will never remember another moment ever again.

What? No! Lethal Lottery. Your decision to cash in. What you did to Logan McAllister.

Who?

Christ Leonard, I'm not playing here.

Steven, calm down and sit. I think you're getting a head of yourself here. I have never been to Lethal Lottery, I haven't even wrestled my first match in WZCW yet. That sounds like a really cool idea, but I should focus on first match before I start dreaming of holding titles.

Dreaming alright. I didn't tell you at all about cashing in, so either someone else did, or you know more than you are letting. Tell me the truth.

Steven and Noah stare at each for an awfully long time. Steven looks for any signs of recognition from Noah, but after staring at Noah's confused and lost face he drops his plea. A flaming mannequin of Donald Trump flies into their apartment. The burning face looks up at Noah and Steven.

I better clean this up.

Noah looks down at the face of The Donald as Steven extinguishes the flames. Noah appears puzzled, but soon nods his head and appears to have realized something.

Do you know who my opponent will be?

Veejay.

Veejay? I've never beaten Veejay before.

Steven looks up, only half listening to what Noah had said. Noah stands up and takes the briefcase off the table.

What a way to begin my reign in WZCW. A victory nobody will see coming. Ain't that right Donald?

The mannequin face of Donald Trump is lifeless and burned. It stares blankly into the camera, much the same way Noah does. Behind each of those eyes though, a champion stands tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back