Ascension 103: Vee A.D.Z. vs. M (Gold Rush)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Apocalypse has come.

Wearily, he crawls to his feet.
Crimson tints his vision.
He notices fans at ringside, but they're looking back at the ring.
He doesn't look back.
He can't look back.

One hand holds his face.
One hand holds the railing.
Many hands pat him on the back, as his feet begin to move.

He can't hear their encouragement.
He can't see their sympathetic smiles.
He can't feel their enthusiasm.
He can only sense defeat.

The curtain stings as it brushes past him,
but he doesn't care about that.
Hands try to pull him aside,
He paints the door red to open it,

He finds a stairwell and climbs, each step a painful reminder of what he had gone through.
He reaches a landing, and lets his body slide down the wall.
Blood starts dripping down in front of him as his head begins to hang.
And then he rests...

Thoughts swirl around him.
"What happened?"
"Who even won?"
He begins to remember.

He eliminated Kagura.
He eliminated Blade.
He... Helped...
He begins to smile to himself.
He did... Good...
He singlehandedly turned a 2v4 into a 2v2...
He turned the tide...
He paved the way...
He was... A hero...
But then he remembers more.

He bloodied a monster,
but it didn't hurt him.
He tried as hard as he could,
but he couldn't be stopped.
He got kicked in the face and knocked out cold.

He grabs violently at the gash on his head as he remembers the worst thing of all.

He never even laid a finger on Constantine.

The one thing he'd said he would do, he couldn't.
His brain searches for excuses.
At least he defeated his team mates?
He got massacred by Abel.
With Vee gone early on, surely it would be a miracle for him to win?
But isn't that exactly what he said he was prepared for?
He went through half their team by himself, and put them on the ropes for his team mates to clean up - isn't that good enough?

He knows deep down that the answer is no, but he wants to entertain this idea...

The scenario he made up implied he would win a 4v1, or at least a 3v1 and make Constantine scared.
Surely Constantine saw that he had defeated two of his team mates, surely Constantine felt in danger, right?

He settles for good enough, and he continues to rest...

-----------------------------

Villains don't tend to hang around cafes, sipping on mochaccinos and reading the Monday Times on a Friday afternoon, but this villain is slightly out of the ordinary to say the least.
For starters, this magnificent man happens to live underneath a restaurant (and above another restaurant....) and he may as well use those free coupons for the cafe attached to it he got when he moved in.
There's a whole bunch of stuff that separates him from the rest of the villains in the world, there's the whole affinity for the letter M thing that he is pretty certain doesn't infringe on anyone else's intellectual property, there's being super best friends with a green wearing general who's basically the complete opposite of a villain, there's really too many things to bother listing in a run on sentence...
But what really makes this particular villain different may surprise you:
He's good.

Oh don't discount his ability to be evil; this murderous son of a mother once destroyed a blimp containing the cure for all known diseases in the world, but he's put that behind him.
One day he looked through the fourth wall, and realised the joy he felt when the crowds cheered and chanted his name.
He realised he owed it to those fans to give back to them that same joy he felt, and he knew the only way he could do that was to repent for all he had done wrong.
Yes, he repented the only way he knew how; by going through WZCW's villains and beating them up villain style!

Although, really, it wasn't that hard to turn into a good guy. I mean he felt pretty guilty about that blimp, and the monkey that was on it. He likes monkeys.

Alllllllllrighty! This is a great way to start Season 2, alone and with no real explanation for why my marvelous bride is not by my side!

M Tips his newspaper down to peek over at the empty chair across from him as we get back into our familiar groove...

Oh well, pointing out things like that is like pointing out the fact that we ignored the whole "The General is tethered to me under a weird form of house arrest" shtick halfway through last season, and this totally won't become a plot point later on...

A gleam comes from a grinning M as he winks at the camera, but having one eye closed doesn't hide the shaky fear shown in the other eye of the maniac...

Yup... General Green's off with his wife and Teru's off celebrating her 21st birthday even though if you've been following the timeline she really should be turning 22 soon instead...

M murmurs to himself a little before pulling up the newspaper to obscure our view, shifting a hand to rub his eyes as a sniffing sound is heard...

Just crazy old M for a whole season. No direction, no hilarious dialogue, no one there to distract me from my losses, no high level of character interaction to drive the story... Hahaha.... This is gonna suck so much...

M plants his face into the table, and as the various utensils begin to jingle about, his mind begins to think...

How can he be a villain if he has no minions?
How can he be a villain if he has no drive to be evil?
How can he be a villain if he is good?...

Oi wake up mate you've been snoring and it's doing my bloody head in!

M lifts his head to see a Koala in a skimpy maid's outfit nudging him with a feather duster to urge him off the table so he can clean up the now spilled mochaccino. M, rather surprised by the fact that there is a koala in the cafe, dives under a different table and looks up to see that in fact the koala wasn't a koala, but actually just your typical cafe maid. He also saw that it was night time now, but that took a back seat to the fact that he'd imagined a bogan koala in a maid's outfit talking to him.

As M rubs his eyes to rid himself of any other weird sights, he notices a golden ticket hanging off some gum stuck to the bottom of the table. Shuddering as he peels the ticket from the gum, M sees the title...

"Vee A.D.Z. Versus M in the Gold Rush on Ascension 103"? What a peculiar way to learn of my match...

M ponders the notion that if he hadn't been surprised by an imaginary koala and dived under this specific table he may not have ever learned of his match this week, but then he remembers many other strange coincidences that have happened in his misadventures and chalks this one up on the more plausible side...

But that's not all he remembers.
He remembers teaming with Vee against Abel and Cassanova, because really, who could forget?
Because really, who could forget working so good as a team one week and getting destroyed the next?

But M doesn't stop there, he remembers Kingdom Come VI and getting pushed off the ladder at the last second to give Daddy Mack the Eurasian title...

But M doesn't even stop there, he remembers further back, to his first ever match almost two years ago at All or Nothing 2014, where he eliminated Mason Westhoff and Eve Taylor but still couldn't win...

This is how it all started.
So many times he had come so close, put on a good show, and lost.
So many times he had been happy to make an excuse for himself.
So many times he had just moved on without a care.

Not this time.
This time he's not moving on.
This time he's not forgetting.
This time there's no excuses.

1...2...3!

Harrys: Vee A.D.Z. has been eliminated!

Connor: Oh no! Now what are they going to do? This tall order just got taller!

Copeland: Now would be a hell of a time for Mikey's new fourth man to make his way to ringside!

Cohen: There is no fourth man, you dolt! Get it through your head! Constantine is one step closer to his shot at redemption!

Vee is barely able to roll under the bottom rope

But the valiant intellect collects himself and walks up the ramp to the locker room area. Amid the backstage production mass, he hovers a short distance, reaching out for the wall, only to crumple into it. Vee clutches at his lower abdomen, but summons the resiliency to stagger forward. His sight is blurred but still he can see the tear filled face of his girlfriend Sara running towards him. He couldn’t quantify the distance or speed by which she approaches but he calibrates his whole strength to get on his feet.

Sara: Hun what happened? Why are you holding your torso?

She inquires him with a tear filled concerned face for which Vee could give only a deep breath as a reply.

Sara: Please tell me!! What just had happened?? Let me help you…

She scurries to his right and wraps his arm around her shoulder; whilst feeling the same Vee couldn’t feel his limbs momentarily as he goes on his knees.

Sara: (voice hobbles indistinctly) SOMEBODY GET THE MEDICS!! I NEED HELP HERE…

His vision is blacked for a short while. His hands unceremoniously are wandering; trying to grab whatever they can. He feels a bright light over his head but then it all feels like a sedation; Vee passes out.

???: (Whispers from the left) You’re still sleeping… It’s been ages now, you’re buggered! Wake up Vimal Adzenhan, Wake up already!

???: (Whispers from the right) Even the slightest of your whispers can wake him up, tosser. Because we talk through his ear bone transducer, not his ear drum.

Vee opens him eyes slowly, witnessing two strong figures sitting on either side of his bed, sharing a considerable amount of space for themselves. Vee could hardly describe their face, but sure he does recognize the voices. It is his Subconscious Subordinates, Vimal and Vee Alias, accompanying him.

Vee sits up brusquely from the sedation, thanks to the turbulence of voices going through his head. Not surprisingly, he couldn’t see anyone except his lovely Girlfriend Sara, aside his bed. Like a Lotus which waits through the night for the sun to rise, Sara has been waiting for him with a grimace filled face.

Sara: My goodness, please lay down, you’ll need more rest.

Vee: Ah, I’m alright, it was just a de…

Their little conversation is interrupted by the Chief Doctor of WZCW, enters the room unwelcomely.

Doctor: Good to see you awake Vee. Honestly, I had no idea why you felt so much of this delusional effect from your match, until…

He turns some page on his medical report and adjusts his eye glasses before continuing.

Doctor: Until I went through the video coverage of your match. At one point, you were kneed heavily on your liver area by Kagura, and you experienced…

The match is streaming through his eidetic vision as the Doctor describes the incident but Before the doctor could finish his phrase, Vee sits straight up in his bed and patronizes the doctor with his gallant voice.

Vee: Delirium, Right! The hard hit on my liver must’ve paralyzed it momentarily which might’ve increased the flow of ammonia in my blood! Eventually flowing through my brain nerves as well and when Blade kicked me in the head, it must’ve stimulated and I experienced Delirium! That dodgy devil Kagura took that opportunity to roll me up for that BLOODY THREE COUNT!

The doctor looked perplexed for a moment before turning towards Sara and nods in her direction.

Doctor: He is right, you know. But I doubt he is still having those delusional effect. I might need to give him a Z-Pack.

Sara giggles and looks her beloved Boyfriend and then at the doctor.

Sara: You don’t know him doctor, he is perfectly alright. I might’ve worried if he hadn’t baffled you in this way.

Whilst the doctor looks still baffled and shrugs his shoulder towards the door as he walks out, Sara could notice that something is harrowing her beloved Love as Vee’s face look disturbed.

Vee: How long have I been sedated?

Sara: A couple of hours, perhaps? Why do you need to know that Hun?

Vee: What happened to our match? I don’t know, I’m just feeling gutted; delirium shouldn’t be an excuse for getting eliminated that easily. I left my team in tons of troubles didn’t I?

Sara sits close to him and her face is showing some sort of excitement. She grabs his hands tightly to acknowledge her excitement to him.

Sara: No you didn’t. Matt Tastic came to even up the odds! And the match ended up in a tie! Which means… You are all in the Gold Rush tournament!!

Vee is gob-smacked by the News that Matt Tastic came to the aid of his friend Mikey Stormrage but still his face is covered with contortion. Not just his face is of assorted expressions, his mind as well. The Subconscious Subordinates of Vee has started to trace his brain nerves with their cold fingers; acknowledging their entrance.

Vee: Really?? Wow that’s an expected rescue but from an unexpected time! But I still am not content with myself for that deprived opportunity. When I say I am not content, I mean I can’t take any credibility for being in the Gold Rush Tournament. You see, my team didn’t win… Neither did I?

Vimal: (voice-over) It was just a besmirched result, and it’s not a Win! Don’t be so chuffed for that.

Vee Alias: (voice-over) Bugger off already! Your place in the Gold Rush has been written and you want to scuff off that opportunity for some nonsense?

Vee is baffled by the banters harrowing through his head.

Sara: It’s alright hunny. You might need more rest as the doctor said. We will discuss about this later.

Her words pictures her woe for Vee; after all she is his soulmate, couldn’t she figure what’s been going through his mind? Regardless of the Intelligent Quotient he possesses. The screen fades as Sara leans forward to give a peck of lips on his forehead which embraces a smile to the corner of his lips.

……….

A week after Apocalypse…

No weather or whatsoever, Vee doesn’t want it to bother him at present. The water is steaming out through the shower. The turbulence of it flows over the perfectly shaped body of Vee before it could drain through the bathroom floor. Vee is savoring some of his precious time inside the shower, trying to keep his mind blank from everything outside. Every drop of it does evokes a chill in his body despite the warmth of it.

No wonder why he doesn’t want to know what’s going outside. Vee has always had a torrid time in coping with the new environment, the tall skinny birch trees in Boise, Idaho definitely not giving him the feeling of being home. It is ironic as Vee had to spend most of the time travelling around the world.

Although he savors the moments at times with the long talks and walks with his Girlfriend. But not now, as his shower is disturbed by the indistinctive screech of Sara.

Sara: (indistinctive voice) COME OUT QUICKLY!

Vee hurries out of the shower, still wet in his towel and he brushes off the droplets down his face by his forearm. But Sara is sitting there infront of her computer, then she looks up at Vee. Even the intellect can’t predict what is concerning his Girlfriend at present.

Vee: What happened hun?

Sara: Your first opponent for the Gold Rush has been announced today in WZCW website…

Vee fastens the towel tightly around his waist and hurries to her. He looks down at the screen, on one side of the screen, there’s a graphics of him in a fighting position. His eyes move to the opposite side of the screen, a smile, a wide one indeed appears in the corner of his lips, but his eyes are fastened to the screen.

Vee: M… The Magnificent, Malicious, Mysterious, Mollifying, Mystified Man of Mockery, Mr. M indeed.

Sara just looks up at him as he speaks. His voice isn’t quivering, nor his sight and his eyes are riveted to the screen as he speaks.

Vee: It was fascinating to be paired with him, but more fascinating to see him as my first opponent in the Gold Rush Tournament. What a coincidence! He was the first person I teamed with in my 6-month tenure at WZCW.

Sara: Which is what worries me… He was supposed to be your teammate and he probably should’ve known a lot about you, your in-ring tactics and everything. You probably might need a new paradigm of techniques.

Vee lets out a slight laughter hearing that. He holds Sara’s hands acknowledging her worries.

Vee: Ah, now I know why you’re so worried. Listen to this closely, when the world’s scientists were trying to figure out the mystery of the world, they concluded that there are three possible dimensions, 3-D. Then came Einstein, who said, there is a fourth dimension, the time. But do you know in how many variances a string, an apparent basic matter for all life form oscillates in? 11 Dimensions! Probably Mr. M must’ve figured out my 3 Dimensions, considering him being smart and bizarre, let’s say he knows the 4 variances of me. What about the rest? Although I’m not a string to have just 11 variances of vibrations, I’m a Wrestler who got 1000 variances. And this is Gold Rush, a Rush for Gold as its name implies. Don’t you think I’ll innovate and engineer my way to seize the only opportunity that I acquired?

Sara can feel the vibrancy in his words, as they are exclaimed with no nonsense. Those words are absolutely true.

Sara: Yes, that’s true, I hope. At least I see from the other perspective that, if he could’ve known more about you, a smart wonderful lad as such you could’ve studied much more about him. But what about the others? I mean the ones in your bracket in the tournament?

Vee: It is not the time to brood over them at present. I don’t want to rocket-ship my thoughts super high and come down crashing after that. I want to take small steps in my pursuit to the Championship, and that’s how I can take a step back or more when circumstances arise.

Vee just smirks her and heads back to the shower to finish off cleansing his body as his mind is clean as a whistle.

……….

Night at Ascension 103…

The crowd was huge, so was this night for Vee A.D.Z. He thought, the match at Apocalypse decides his fate in the Gold Rush tournament, but it was his Apocalypse Teammate whom he will lock horns to decide the same. He walks through the locker room, where he can see the names like, Noah Ryder, Flex Mussel, Kagura, Garth Black and furthermore, which all are supposed to be in the Gold Rush tournament in the upcoming weeks. He walks further to see the name Matt Tastic embossed onto the door, but quite surprisingly in there is Mikey Stormrage, in his ring-gear, awaiting the Mainevent against Constantine inside the big room of his.

Mikey: What’s up Man? Are you ready for your BIG MATCH??

Vee: Yep I am! Uh, I was here to see Matt though.

Mikey: I ain’t holding him up. But you know he doesn’t have a match at Ascension.

Vee: Ah right, I was just wondering if I could ask you blokes some questions.

Mikey: Oh about what?

Vee: You didn’t invite Matt Tastic to replace Gino in Team Kickass, did you? But why didn’t you ask him in the first place, after all he is your friend, nonetheless, he came uninvited just for your aid.

Mikey: I know where you’re coming from this. You’re wondering how could he help me without asking right? That’s what friends do buddy! We were friends for a really long time and we had battled and bruised through each other, nevertheless we never lost our trust in each other.

Vee: Uh, You, Gino and M were the first persons to really get close to me in WZCW. In fact, it was M who made me develop a trust in this industry and Live Mas is an example of the trust and friendship and the reason why still prevails around here.

Now I’m going to face M, regardless of my thought, I will always choose only to win against him. But I ought to let him know, I still do respect him. No matter how much we’re going to hit each other tonight in the ring, I still want to keep our trusts alive. The Championship matters for anyone than anything, doesn’t it?

Mikey: Strong words for a young boy. You will learn how to endure that trust at the end of the night. But be aware that M isn’t the only one you will be facing. You are potentially going to face my buddy Matt as well. Or maybe Abel Hunniccet!

For that Vee just gestures a smile and walks out of the room, as Mikey pats on his back as a gesture of wishing good luck. Both of them knows, it is only the Win that matters when either of them enters the ring.

Vee: (voice-over) Tonight’s the night. It is not a championship match, albeit it is much bigger than that.

Vimal: (voice-over) Will the roof blow off? Or will you choke again?

Vee Alias: (voice-over) Some says Nuclear bombs explosion is worse, some says Hydrogen bombs implosion is, I might say when a trust breaks it is pretty much worse than the both.

Vee shakes his head to either side, shadow boxes before he tapes the gloves in his hands and waiting for his Entrance song to hit.

………

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back