Arrest Warrant Issued for Ric Flair

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
Props to WMD for bringing this to my attention. Figured it deserved it's own thread though.

PWInsider said:
ARREST ORDER ISSUED FOR RIC FLAIR IN NORTH CAROLINA
By Mike Johnson on 2011-05-26 19:14:10

TNA star Ric Flair was found in civil contempt earlier today during a hearing regarding Flair not adhering to a mediated Settlement Agreement in the lawsuit brought against him by online retailer Highspots.com. An order for Flair's arrest was then issued in the County of Mecklenburg in North Carolina.

According to the order, which was acquired this evening by PWInsider.com, the court found that Flair had agreed in mediation to a Settlement Agreement with Highspots.com and was required to pay them $35,000 as well as sign 300 photos in order to provide restitution for the issues between the two sides. Doing so would end the long-standing legal issues between the two that began when Flair borrowed money from Highspots during a period the two sides were doing business with each other.

Flair, despite signing the agreement to do so, failed to adhere to the terms in a timely manner. Highspots.com then took to Superior Court to enforce. They sided with Highspots and ordered Flair to adhere by 4/29.

At today's hearing, the Court decreed that Flair, who "has the assets and income required" to make the Settlement Agreement instead "willfully violated and continues to willfully violate" the court's mandated order. The court also noted that Flair was doing so despite being "able to comply with the Order" or being "able to to take reasonable measures" towards complying.

The Court ruled that Flair was in "willfull civil contempt of the court" and issued an arrest order, which reads:

"Therefore it is ordered, adjudged and decreed that Defendant Richard Fliehr is hereby held in civil contempt for his failure to comply with the Consent Order to Enforce Settlement and that the Defendant be imprisoned for as long as he remains in civil contempt for a period not to exceed ninety (90) days from his date of imprisonment. This imprisonment shall commence on June 27, 2011 without further action of the court."

The court then ruled that Flair could cancel the arrest order by paying Highspots.com the $35,000 he previously agreed to and by signing and returning the 300 photos, which court documents indicate are the hands of Flair's attorneys.

The court also ruled that if Flair was unable to do so, he could also hand over the NWA World championship belt that he had provided to Highspots.com as collateral previously (based on the order, it appears the belt is currently back in Flair's hands) and authorize that they can have the ownership and rights of the belt, in order to sell it off as a means to regain the money owed. That aspect of the order noted that the NWA belt needed to be "free of all liens and encumbrances", which could be an issue for Flair, since there is already one other entity with a lien against him for the belt.

So, it appears Flair will either have to finally pay the Agreement or find himself jailed.

Not surprised at all. The Highspots guys have been hounding him for what he owes them for like 3 years now. Just another sad chapter in the pathetic life that has become Ric Flair's.

Dude needs to get some help. Because clearly, something is very wrong with his life if he's this broke. All the money he's made in this business, and he's still this broke?

Seriously, how fucking hard is it to write your name on 300 pictures? He's Ric Flair, he can probably whip out 300 autographs in like 10 minutes.

Props to WMD for bringing this to my attention. Figured it deserved it's own thread though.

Not surprised at all. The Highspots guys have been hounding him for what he owes them for like 3 years now. Just another sad chapter in the pathetic life that has become Ric Flair's.

Dude needs to get some help. Because clearly, something is very wrong with his life if he's this broke. All the money he's made in this business, and he's still this broke?

Yep, another great hire by TNA. Flair, who had multiple run-ins with not only his ex-wives, but motorists in Charlotte, and the law as well. He's a train wreck, has been a train wreck for some time now, and has fallen so far from grace as to be unrecognizable to most of what he used to be.

It's sad to watch and once again TNA is the company enabling him. Seems like a growing trend with this company.

How the fuck is TNA "enabling" him? Your employer isn't responsible for how you use your money and probably more importantly if they are then practically every other company Flair worked for "enabled" him a lot more. In fact wasn't it just recently a big story that TNA did not yield to Flair's requests in Europe?

Flair is Flair. He has led a large life, which is what he wanted. Would not be my choice but doesn't really bother me if he wants to make it. Anyone that thinks Flair only works for the money is an idiot.

How the fuck is TNA "enabling" him? Your employer isn't responsible for how you use your money and probably more importantly if they are then practically every other company Flair worked for "enabled" him a lot more. In fact wasn't it just recently a big story that TNA did not yield to Flair's requests in Europe?

Flair is Flair. He has led a large life, which is what he wanted. Would not be my choice but doesn't really bother me if he wants to make it. Anyone that thinks Flair only works for the money is an idiot.

But what if this set's TNA back in terms of strylines etc.? Then it will look a tiny bit shitty.

surely he has 35,000 to give them he's Ric Flair he's the limo ridin jet flyin... aww screw it who am i kidding he's old and fat and balding but still this is Ric Flair surely he has 35,000 dollars on a personal note as a fan of the NWA both before my time and now (still have some amazing wrestlers) what the hell would make him give up that title that he has claimed means the world to him as collateral?

So basically he's got another 90 day no compete clause. Oh yeah, he's also a stupid old bastard

They enable him by continuing to employ him as he ditches on bills, gets in trouble off screen, and doesn't conduct himself as a professional in representing their brand. Whether they like it or not, these folks are visible representatives of the TNA brand and what they do off screen can and does have an impact on how people view that brand. Flair has become a sad caricature of himself and shows how weak he really is as a person when he's allowed himself to get to this point. TNA should have reached out to help him with counseling and placed him on suspension until his issues off screen were resolved. Instead, they took a hands off approach and here we are.

Sad!

They enable him by continuing to employ him as he ditches on bills, gets in trouble off screen, and doesn't conduct himself as a professional in representing their brand. Whether they like it or not, these folks are visible representatives of the TNA brand and what they do off screen can and does have an impact on how people view that brand. Flair has become a sad caricature of himself and shows how weak he really is as a person when he's allowed himself to get to this point. TNA should have reached out to help him with counseling and placed him on suspension until his issues off screen were resolved. Instead, they took a hands off approach and here we are.

Sad!

This is the second time you've laid the blame on TNA because of someone's personal life. Do you have some sort of personal vendetta, or are you just intentionally ******ed?

This is the second time you've laid the blame on TNA because of someone's personal life. Do you have some sort of personal vendetta, or are you just intentionally ******ed?

I'm not blaming TNA for Flair's actions. I'm blaming TNA for having hired him in the first place. The rest of it is just their getting what they rightly deserve for hiring him. Now, by continuing to employ him and doing nothing to correct his behavior, they are enabling that behavior. If no corrective action is taken on their part to change his behavior, then they deserve everything he dishes out.

I'm not blaming TNA for Flair's actions. I'm blaming TNA for having hired him in the first place. The rest of it is just their getting what they rightly deserve for hiring him. Now, by continuing to employ him and doing nothing to correct his behavior, they are enabling that behavior. If no corrective action is taken on their part to change his behavior, then they deserve everything he dishes out.

It's good business for them. Ric Flair's personal life is none of their business until it starts to affect his ability to work.

You wouldn't get fired from your job because of your bill-paying habits. It's not their responsibility to change his behavior. He's a grown man, he is responsible for the choices he makes.

It's good business for them. Ric Flair's personal life is none of their business until it starts to affect his ability to work.

You wouldn't get fired from your job because of your bill-paying habits. It's not their responsibility to change his behavior. He's a grown man, he is responsible for the choices he makes.

It's two different things. But let me go a bit further. I can in fact be fired for not paying my bills. If bill collectors are calling my place of business to collect debts I can be fired, without cause, by my company, or because it is a deterrent to their business operations when people are taking messages from my bill collectors.

With Flair it's much different because he is a public face of his company, whereas I am not. With Flair he represents the brand of TNA wherever he goes because people know who he is and who he works for. When people see Flair publicly they attribute him being a representative of TNA just as when people see John Cena they equate him being a representative of WWE.

So when Flair does the things he does, it is a reflection of TNA and how they do business. His having off screen issues like he has is not a good thing, and while I agree that it's his own business, it's also true that not all people see it that same way and sometimes see it as a poor reflection on TNA and how they handle their talent.

You keep saying issueS. What else are you referring to? You keep saying TNA is doing nothing to help him? Even if they had such a responsibility how do you know they are not fulfilling it? Disputes over money like this are not as uncommon as you might think.

It's two different things. But let me go a bit further. I can in fact be fired for not paying my bills. If bill collectors are calling my place of business to collect debts I can be fired, without cause, by my company, or because it is a deterrent to their business operations when people are taking messages from my bill collectors.

Okay? That's not the same thing. At all.

With Flair it's much different because he is a public face of his company, whereas I am not. With Flair he represents the brand of TNA wherever he goes because people know who he is and who he works for. When people see Flair publicly they attribute him being a representative of TNA just as when people see John Cena they equate him being a representative of WWE.

Except him not paying his bills is not the type of behavior he can legally be fired for. Fuck, I feel silly even calling it a "behavior." This is a silly argument.

So when Flair does the things he does, it is a reflection of TNA and how they do business. His having off screen issues like he has is not a good thing, and while I agree that it's his own business, it's also true that not all people see it that same way and sometimes see it as a poor reflection on TNA and how they handle their talent.

No. It's really, really not. At all.

Things like Jeff Hardy coming out during a PPV, stoned, and unable to work, is a poor reflection on TNA. Ric Flair's personal life absolutely does not affect his work with TNA, and it doesn't reflect on TNA at all.

Why the fuck would TNA fire an icon who is low on money? If anything, THAT would be a reflection on TNA.

You keep saying issueS. What else are you referring to? You keep saying TNA is doing nothing to help him? Even if they had such a responsibility how do you know they are not fulfilling it?

Ric Flair has had issues off screen with ex-wives, with allegations of his skipping out on bar tabs while on the road with TNA, and also with traffic-related issues while in Charlotte, N.C.

Obviously the man has personal issues which are an ongoing problem for him. Not to mention this lastest episode of his not paying off this company when he was ordered, and agreed, to do so. This speaks to a pathology within his character (or lack thereof), that is a large flaw that needs to be corrected.

Now you ask how I know whether or not TNA is helping him. Well if they are, their efforts are failing and if so, it's time to let Flair go. He needn't be a hindrance and a problem to their company. Right now, he looks bad and by extension, TNA looks bad.

I know that TNA fans will AGAIN, say none of this matters, but it does. The fact that people keep dismissing everything that goes wrong in TNA as not mattering, doesn't mean anything. The fact is, TNA screwed up in hiring the guy, just as they have with several other folks they brought in who only embarrassed them. That's not my fault, that's THEIR fault. Blame their talent relations person. Blame those who approve the contracts. Blame those who are advocates for the troublemakers instead of blaming fans who see a problem for what it is.

Okay? That's not the same thing. At all.

Except him not paying his bills is not the type of behavior he can legally be fired for. Fuck, I feel silly even calling it a "behavior." This is a silly argument.

No. It's really, really not. At all.

Things like Jeff Hardy coming out during a PPV, stoned, and unable to work, is a poor reflection on TNA. Ric Flair's personal life absolutely does not affect his work with TNA, and it doesn't reflect on TNA at all.

Why the fuck would TNA fire an icon who is low on money? If anything, THAT would be a reflection on TNA.

I think you're failing to see the bigger picture here, which is a problem that TNA has in due diligence when hiring talent. You brought up Jeff Hardy so let's move to his issues.

Jeff Hardy had TWICE been suspended by the WWE for violation of their wellness policy. (does TNA even HAVE A wellness policy?) TNA hired him DESPITE this and guess what happened? Yep, on more than one occasion the guy shows up stoned the latest of which FINALLY resulted in his being taken off the air. What a shock. A drug addict showed up for work stoned!! Who would have guessed THAT would happen right?

Now back to Flair. Flair had personal issues BEFORE he was hired by TNA. He gets there and guess what? Same thing!!! AGain, what a shock!!!

I get it. You're a HUGE TNA fan. Good for you. Nothing is their fault. I get it!

You're wrong!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back