Anyone in Hurricane Irma's Path?

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Let us know that you're ok here after the storm passes. I think Killjoy is stateside at the moment but it's hard to keep up with him sometimes.

I am, though that goes for the entire state of Florida by the looks of things. Got the shutters up, food stocked, and gas tanks filled. Ready to once again renew my membership as a Floridian.

My entire family is on the east coast of Florida.

My nerves are a bit frayed at the moment to say the least.

I'm in Tampa (for the moment) and we're not quite sure it it will come full force. But my fam and I made reservations up in ATL in case we need to evacuate. I'll try to keep y'all posted.

Can y'all stop needing help , I haven't had a day off since Harvey and NOW HERE WE GO WITH THIS

I kid. Not about no days off, but I hope y'all are minimally affected.

I'm here. My girl keeps watching the news and my whole job is asking if we're going to close. I have my 85 year old grandmother in Spring Hill which is north of Tampa. Spring Hill has a major sinkhole problem so I'm struggling mentally here.

My mom and everyone else is in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. I am hoping no one calls me asking me what I am doing because I have two jobs I cannot afford to lose, my family at home which is my dog, son, girlfriend, plus my grandmother who only has her elder husband which means I have so much shit to focus on.

Then everyone asking me what to do and it's like if I could turn into Captin Planet and fight the storm, I would try for sure. I am hoping it moves away from Florida and gives us only rain because mentally I might need a break.

If it comes, then I'll have to tough it out and make the right moves and fight through. I hope it goes east due to what Texas just went through and by east I literally mean away from Florida as a whole.

I'm here. My girl keeps watching the news and my whole job is asking if we're going to close. I have my 85 year old grandmother in Spring Hill which is north of Tampa. Spring Hill has a major sinkhole problem so I'm struggling mentally here.

My mom and everyone else is in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. I am hoping no one calls me asking me what I am doing because I have two jobs I cannot afford to lose, my family at home which is my dog, son, girlfriend, plus my grandmother who only has her elder husband which means I have so much shit to focus on.

Then everyone asking me what to do and it's like if I could turn into Captin Planet and fight the storm, I would try for sure. I am hoping it moves away from Florida and gives us only rain because mentally I might need a break.

If it comes, then I'll have to tough it out and make the right moves and fight through. I hope it goes east due to what Texas just went through and by east I literally mean away from Florida as a whole.

It got pretty bad (and kinda still is) here in Texas. Helped out a bit already with whatever free time I had. Hope we can avoid anything of this magnitude for a while. The stress has been bad considering it's been back to back, but I hope you get some brain rest and good sleep soon!

It got pretty bad (and kinda still is) here in Texas. Helped out a bit already with whatever free time I had. Hope we can avoid anything of this magnitude for a while. The stress has been bad considering it's been back to back, but I hope you get some brain rest and good sleep soon!

I am hoping so too! I can only imagine and not want to experience going through these types of events. It would be a learning experience for sure but this is my first true hurricane since living in Fl.

I managed to rest a little bit. Now focused on going to work and getting through the day.

I saw a map of Irma's path and it looks like my mother is gonna get hit with 120 MPH winds.

I don't think she's gonna have any Emu or chickens left after this is over

Where I am in Tampa, is extremely windy. All stores are closed or closing ready to embrace the storm.

Stressed over my grandmother still as Hernando County, has been informed to evacuate like Hillsborough County, has as well.

Alright y'all. We're already feeling some effects down here. This might be my last post for a while in case the power goes out, which is very likely later on.

I've been sitting outside watching the trees and rain. In a sense it is kinda relaxing.

Lowdown, what part of Tampa you in if you don't mind me asking?

I went up to New Tampa/Wesley Chapel. About 20 mins from the new outlets they built.

No power. Nothing open. Angry wife needs red bull. Sucks.

Edit: Not my wife but with this anger she might as well be.

Driving in circles looking for an open store with smoke on me and cops everywhere. The shit men go through for women.

Saw this late.
Thankfully my island avoided it, and it avoided TS Harvey as well. Usually because of our position in relation to other Caribbean islands, my island usually escapes being hit by the various storms. Last real storm that hit us hard was TS Ivan in 2004. Only hurricane that hit which I have knowledge about was Hurricane Janet way back in 1955, before my time.
Long may that continue.

Hope any of those affected by the storms this hurricane season can pull through and stay positive. all our prayers are with you.

No power till possibly Friday. Been out of work for three days now. Site has no power. First time experience for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back