Hurricane Helms. Jobber.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
I'll start with the argument against it. Which is only that he just had a title shot against Shelton Benjamin, after a few respectable spots with him.

Now for the arguments for, including that very same comment.

Hurricane Helms was a decent tag champ with Rosie. Years ago. Before that, he was a jobber, but a jobber that had a decent match with HHH. After the tag run, he had an OK run as Cruiserweight champ, and then got hurt, and for a while no one missed him. The Cruiserweight belt quickly became a joke again, and was eventually retired. Now that he's back from injury, they've turned him into a jobber again.

Face it. He jobbed badly to Kozlov. He could've at least gotten in some offense, considering he did just have a shot at the US Belt. The belt that Benjamin holds, and Benjamin is getting a little push right now. Helms put up the best competition to the belt, and lost. I'm sure I wasn't alone in thinking that he stood a shot at looking good against Kozlov, but I didn't think he'd win, with Kozlov on the streak he's on.

They gave Helms the shot at the title, so when he jobs to the stars, he looks respectable. People will say, "Wow. That guy had a US Title shot, and is getting creamed by this guy...".

It's a shame. I was hoping that when he came back, they'd resurrect the Cruiserweight belt, and hopefully give it a little of it's luster back. Instead, we get Helms, the returning "hero", coming back from major surgery, and missing all that time, jobbing to future champions.

What are your thoughts? Is Helms a jobber? Will he have another shot at any title?

Helms could end up as a jobber but i highly doubt it. he had to get smashed by Koslov because it makes Koslov look strong and makes helms not the strongest person in the world. The closet person to beat Koslov is Taker then HHH then Jeff hardy then Matt hardy. Then helms as done the same as every one else as. it didn't really matter if Helms got any offense in against Koslov because a few punches or a clothesline wouldn't of made people see any different about helms but having Koslov getting untocuhed made Koslov look stronger. It's weird i know.

Helms could end up as a jobber but i highly doubt it. he had to get smashed by Koslov because it makes Koslov look strong and makes helms not the strongest person in the world. The closet person to beat Koslov is Taker then HHH then Jeff hardy then Matt hardy. Then helms as done the same as every one else as. it didn't really matter if Helms got any offense in against Koslov because a few punches or a clothesline wouldn't of made people see any different about helms but having Koslov getting untocuhed made Koslov look stronger. It's weird i know.

I'd love to agree, but I can't. The "everyone elses" that did this, were guys like Jimmy Wang Yang, who just got fed to Kozlov again.

Kozlov is getting booked like everyone else that has come through lately. He's beating jobber after jobber, and is narrowly escaping being the guy pinned in his title matches, and when he is beat, he's going to have nothing left to do.

For an example, see Great Khali...

Yeah i no but this is working for Koslov. they rushed him into the title match to fast. He if he keeps his undefeated streak for another 6 months then maybe he can have the title ( and will also look stronger than umaga and khali). but having him cleanly defeat guys like wang yang and helms only improves Koslov and makes koslov look strong, it doesn't make helms look weak.Because Koslov is undefeated and is like 100 pounds heavier than helms. you cant expect helms to beat Koslov because it is jsut not logical. well except for Mysterio.

Yeah i no but this is working for Koslov. they rushed him into the title match to fast. He if he keeps his undefeated streak for another 6 months then maybe he can have the title ( and will also look stronger than umaga and khali). but having him cleanly defeat guys like wang yang and helms only improves Koslov and makes koslov look strong, it doesn't make helms look weak.Because Koslov is undefeated and is like 100 pounds heavier than helms. you cant expect helms to beat Koslov because it is jsut not logical. well except for Mysterio.

Under any other circumstances, I'd give this to you, but Helms is only a month back from major surgery, and the fans were dying for his return once his promos started appearing on Smackdown. Everyone felt for him, with all the personal turmoil he had to face, as well as recovering from what used to be a career-ending injury. He came back with momentum that he didn't have to work for, and they ran with it. He had a few decent showdowns with Shelton, and had a really good match with him for the US Title, and what does he get for troubles? A match against Kozlov, that no one expected him to win, but everyone wanted him to win. Everytime he strikes a Hurricane pose, or uses a Hurricane catchphrase, the crowd pops, and half of the people watching on TV at least smile. He's a nice guy, that everyone loves to root for. Kozlov beating him doesn't make Kozlov look stronger. It makes people hate Kozlov more. No matter what kind of win it wa,s Kozlov would've been hated more after that match. Helms could've at least got in a few moves, and maybe hit a Shining Wizard and then let Kozlov kick out and crush him for the win. I don't recall Helms even landing a punch or a chop, and it makes him look no better than Yang.

I completely agree

last nights smackdown was just horrible booking
first you start of with some bs about nude vickie guerrero photos that JR would barely even comment on

then you the presumed number 1 contender to the US title job to Kozlov
AND I MEAN JOB
big time

Yeah, Helms did job pretty hardcore to Koslov last night. But I don't think it's time to write him off just yet. The problem is, right now, there's just nothing for him. Benjamin's probably moving on to a program with 'Taker, if we're to take the latest promo as any indication. The new tag team champions in Kendrick and Zeke (I assume they'll win next Friday, given Carlito and Primo got their title reign in exactly the same way) are an option, but who would be Helms's partner? Shannon Moore is gone, unfortunately, as he would have made a top notch partner for Helms. Jeff looks to be tied up until WrestleMania, and we have no idea what Matt's doing.

I think Helms should really just quietly move over to ECW where he could get a chance to shine. I could see a strong face tag team of Helms and Bourne when he returns, and on ECW they could go across all the brands. I'm sure Matt and Helms could get a good match out for the title, but face vs face will never work properly for an extended time. It could be No Way Out material, though. Or even a strong WrestleMania contribution from ECW. Whenever Matt drops the title off to a heel, Helms could feud with him.

So basically, there's just no room for Helms on SmackDown. MVP's tied down with Kennedy, apparently, there's no partner immediately available for Helms on SD, though Bourne is on the radar for the future, Benjamin is working with 'Taker, it seems, and he's not even close to world champion material. As it was mention above, a returning cruiserweight title would be fantastic, as Helms could hold it, and probably work a great program with Chavo over it, as well as a potentially heel turned Jimmy Wang Yang.

I wouldn't rule out the Cruiserweight Championship returning, but it seems unlikely. If it does, absolutely stellar, because there's a ton of guys that need it. But if not, Helms can find a niche with a partner in the tag division, or definitely be a major guy in ECW. But at the moment on SD, there's just not much for him but to fill up 15 minutes and job.

Here is the thing. They could have used anyone else in the locker room to lose to Koslov, and it would have made the same splash. They choose a guy who should be on an offensive run to lose. That does not make sense to me, it takes his steam away, and makes Koslov look no different then if he beat The Brooklyn Brawler. I hope they can turn Helms around, and have himself win a few matches, or they have effectively ruined a great push.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back