Annoying Daniel Bryan

timmy872

Pre-Show Stalwart
Is it just me or is Daniel Bryan really annoying since becoming SD GM? Is it all part of a storyline?

He is constantly putting people down; Bliss, Corbin, Raw, Miz,Universal title

contradicting himself; To Baron Corbin: ' you want to Impress? go out there and beat Apolo Crews' Corbin: 'I did at Backlash' Bryan: 'and you had a chance to do it again tonight but you attacked him from behind'.

His stupid James Ellsworth crap!

He is getting on my nerves!

What do you think?

Is it just me or is Daniel Bryan really annoying since becoming SD GM? Is it all part of a storyline?

He is constantly putting people down; Bliss, Corbin, Raw, Miz,Universal title

contradicting himself; To Baron Corbin: ' you want to Impress? go out there and beat Apolo Crews' Corbin: 'I did at Backlash' Bryan: 'and you had a chance to do it again tonight but you attacked him from behind'.

His stupid James Ellsworth crap!

He is getting on my nerves!

What do you think?

I think that they're are 2 version of daniel byan, you've got daniel bryan, gm of smackdown and daniel bryan host of talking smack. When he's on smackdown, he's basicly playing a part but on talking smack, it's him being himself. He gets the bullet point of what they want him to do and he just improvise the rest. Sometimes, it comes up as annoying because of how he does he deliver his promos but that's how bryan is in real life.

I never actually cared for Daniel Bryan on the mic. Never thought he was that great and hearing him talk annoyed me a bit. That said I loved Daniel Bryan the wrestler. Just amazing in the ring. Just too bad now as a GM all he can do is talk.

The thing about "Talking Smack" is that it's ultimately comes off exactly as it's supposed to: people going out there and delivering non scripted responses & promos, just being given bullet points to discuss, and to ultimately use their own words.

Also, the name of the show is "Talking Smack" and while it's obviously a SmackDown Live themed show, Bryan is out there...well talking some smack. He's ultimately the color commentator of the show just as he's been with the Cruiserweight Classic. Now how much of what Bryan says is how he actually, 100% feels is up in the air because Bryan is very much a wrestling traditionalist in a lot of ways. He literally loves everything about the art of wrestling, especially wrestling in a very physical style.

I think Talking Smack is a very, very refreshing look at how promo styles should be once again in WWE and I just get this idea that Triple H is absolutely itching to do whatever he can to allow talent to do stuff that's unscripted. The promos in NXT aren't scripted, talent sometimes delivers unscripted promos backstage and Talking Smack is the most high profile means on the main roster of having that raw feel about promos that aren't canned. For instance, look at Bryan's little mini rant about being censored for saying the word "balls" and how he points out that Orton & Cena don't get censored for saying the word. Little things like that really can connect with a lot of fans because it's a bit of a frustration as to how they themselves feel at times. Bryan ultimately says what he wants to say, within reason, and he delivers it in frank, straightforward ways. Plus, Bryan is a babyface and he antagonizes his heel guests just as he would the babyface guests if he was playing a heel character.

Last night, Bryan called Corbin out on attacking guys from behind and helped put heat on the guy in the minds of those who watched the show. Corbin came off as more menacing here than he ever has before and that was ultimately the goal. All the stuff Bryan is doing with Miz right now is putting major heat on Miz and they've always worked well together. Bryan being involved in this thing with Miz, Miz going off on Talking Smack weeks back, etc. all helps make Miz's 5th run as IC champ all the more entertaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back